Pages:
Author

Topic: Ethereum a threat to bitcoin - page 38. (Read 4893 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 0
May 27, 2018, 12:52:51 PM
No it doesn't to be. It just etherium is in rank 2 but the value compared to rank 1 which is bitcoin is too far from it and takes 10 years or more. Also bitcoin is most widely known as one named cryptocurrency/coin.
Activity: 280
Merit: 1
May 27, 2018, 12:13:34 PM
Ethereum's particular blockchain technology means that the currency is more naturally resilient to cyberattacks.
Bitcoin slipped 8.71 percent to $14,769.4, at 14:35, in London, after hitting a high of $17,005 on Saturday, according to CoinDesk.
Ethereum fell 5.16 percent to $1,089.31 at 14:36 after reaching a record high of 1.226.93 earlier on Monday.
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
May 27, 2018, 12:09:53 PM
Both coins can coexist: Bitcoin as sort of digital gold/payment system and Ethereum as smart contract platform
Activity: 672
Merit: 250
May 27, 2018, 12:03:13 PM
They have different function in crypto so I would disagree. Bitcoin is the original cryptocurrency in the world that revolutionize our financial industry and Ethereum is the first  Smart Contract that produce utility token.
I agree with you because both of them excel in their own fields and none is a threat to the other. I don't think there should be a competition between the two as both give a quality of life. But sometimes it can't be prevented to have a comparison and feedback between the two leading virtual currency in the global market, if which is better or more developed. In such manner what we can do is to support for their progress and treasure them as they exist for a reason.
Activity: 518
Merit: 250
May 27, 2018, 12:01:24 PM
I dont think Ethereum is a threat to bitcoin because both coins have different platforms. And basically their goal is kind of the same but I dont think it is even trying to be a threat to bitcoin, based on its current price now.
Activity: 16
May 27, 2018, 11:59:35 AM
how do i not believe in ETHEREUM? I believe, with a short time to have a favorable increase for the store. and seen ETHEREUM currently poses a threat to BITCOIN that is experiencing a detrimental downturn for depositors in 2017 downwards for sale today. I believe, love and hope ETHEREUM will be king in cryptocurrency.
Activity: 459
Merit: 251
May 27, 2018, 11:54:58 AM
In the future maybe, but for now it does not look like ethereum is any type of threat to bitcoin. The price is still less than half of the price of bitcoin and the growth of ethereum still depends a lot on that of bitcoin so ethereum is not really much of a contender, just like a follower. Ethereum does have the potential to become a contender for the top spot if it keeps growing.
Activity: 294
May 27, 2018, 11:46:56 AM
I don't think that it is the threat but according to expert opinions Ethereum has great potential as well. It is because of the smart blockchain system. I think that ether can win as well but btc is more popular today
Activity: 178
May 27, 2018, 11:46:44 AM
Ethereum is good, of course. But your comparison is a little off. LeBron was a rising star. And bitcoin is considered a Bedouin, who decided to make a discovery to the world. He will be remembered as well as Einstein and Tesla.
Activity: 616
Merit: 100
FRX: Ferocious Alpha
May 27, 2018, 11:45:24 AM
Not really..for they are two different coins with unique individual value, bitcoin will always be bitcoin and is the first and foremost bitcoin of all bitcoin, on the other hand ethereum as some may say that has great potential to grow and bloomed and can promised great profit given in a chance it will become big and great.
Activity: 1139
Merit: 500
May 27, 2018, 11:40:55 AM
Ethereum is a threat to bitcoin? Yes it is. We all know that ethereum was created by a russian programmer on 2013, and it was launched on 2015. After 3 years it is next to bitcoin in terms of popularity and value.

Let me show you some NBA perspective on this, bitcoin is the king of cryptocurrency right? same as LeBron as the king of NBA. But here comes ethereum the prince of cryptocurrency just like Ben Simmons as the prince of the NBA. The prince will dethrone the king on the eastern conference finals same as ethereum that will dethrone bitcoin in the next couple of years. Wether we like it or not the king will reach its limit. Mark my word. Trust the ethereum process!

What's NBA compared to crypto? Really, Ben Simmons is the prince in NBA? Grin
Comparing Ben Simmons to ethereum is garbage. Ethereum is nearing the capitalization of bitcoin and it has real influence on companies and people compared to bitcoin. Simmons is not even a fourth on James level of playing. Basides, Simmons is not even in the top 10 players in the NBA. Cheesy
Both are very valuable, yet each plays a different role and are unique on its own identity. I don't think ethereum is a threat because Bitcoin has already a large edge, and ethereum has special offers and provides best opportunities as well. Ethereum is also a most well-established decentralized software that enables Smart Contracts and Distributed Applications to run without any downtime, while bitcoin is the king of cryptocurrency. We should learn to maintain an environment that plays healthy competion, because our real competitors are ourselves, same thing goes with cryptocurrency.
Activity: 266
May 27, 2018, 11:24:27 AM
In the world of ethereum crypto currencies, investors mostly prefer coin. grows day by day. I think the price of ethereum will increase in the future and it will be a threat to bitcoin.
Activity: 92
May 27, 2018, 11:18:52 AM
i disagree with you because both of them are for invest and each of them has a different purpose and way.

Activity: 7
May 27, 2018, 11:06:00 AM
Wouldn't really say it's a threat, it could overtake Bitcoins marketcap but I think there's enough room for both to thrive. They both still have a lot of work to do though anyway.
Activity: 308
May 27, 2018, 11:10:15 AM
Time will tell, perhaps when ETH can take the top 1 in the world of crypto-currencies. But very much it is hard to believe
Activity: 490
Merit: 100
May 27, 2018, 10:58:12 AM
Bitcoin is king and Ethereum is the queen of the cryptocurrency market, they are always competing against each other. I believe that in the future both will grow strong and have high value. Ethereum has blockchain technology, it is popular throughout the world, many ICO projects are built on the basis of ERC20, every day this altcoin has a large trading volume, showing the potential of Ethereum is excellent. In the future maybe Ethereum will beat Bitcoin. Currently Ethereum is priced at $ 573, if we want to make a profit in the future then this is a good time to buy Ethereum. Maybe this year Ethereum will reach $ 2000 and stabilize around this price.
Activity: 658
Rangers Protocol
May 27, 2018, 10:56:37 AM
I would not mark your words! Remember we are in cryptocurrency and not in NBA. There is no renewal of contract, no water boy, no guards that can prevent the possible craziness of the fans.  crypto is very different approach than NBA.
Different purpose of ethereum and bitcoin so I won't worry. I respect your opinion, so you too should respect.  Cheesy
Activity: 210
Merit: 13
🤖UBEX.COM
May 27, 2018, 10:46:31 AM
I think that both bitcoin and etherium will develop well, and both will be successful this year.
Activity: 568
Merit: 254
May 27, 2018, 10:44:27 AM
They have different function in crypto so I would disagree. Bitcoin is the original cryptocurrency in the world that revolutionize our financial industry and Ethereum is the first  Smart Contract that produce utility token.
Activity: 224
May 27, 2018, 01:41:30 AM
If bitcoin is king, and Ethereum is prince, then in history there are not a few cases that a young and strong captures the throne. It depends on how much the king is wise and experienced.
Pages:
Jump to: