Pages:
Author

Topic: Ethereum a threat to bitcoin - page 42. (Read 4893 times)

Activity: 16
Merit: 1
May 17, 2018, 09:21:18 AM
Why yo think of it as a threat ? Both of these can co exists as the total market cap of crypto is huge now.
Activity: 22
Merit: 1
May 17, 2018, 09:17:55 AM
Yes Ethereum opposes a huge threat on Bitcoin because their technology is way advance compared to bitcoin's.
Bitcoin is the father of cryptocurrencies but it is not the future
If you disagree with that feel free to say so

Activity: 490
Merit: 100
May 17, 2018, 09:16:00 AM
I do not think ethereum is or can be a threat to hitcoin. Bitcoin has the largest user and the best network for payment. Bitcoinis vety versatile and is popular more than ethereum. Ethereum is better as smart contract which is use on the  business side!
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
May 17, 2018, 09:13:39 AM
Don't think so, being popular does not guarantee you to become a legend. Take for instance elections, being popular and new among candidates does not always make you the winner in the place of good and experienced candidates.
Activity: 434
Merit: 100
May 17, 2018, 09:07:38 AM
threat? i think its not, because this two crypto currency has a different footstep to follow, i mean they are both had a popularity and demand, but in terms of usage or volume everyday with each of them are not totally the same, meaning BTC is still the no. 1 crypto currency and its never gonna happen that someday one of those altcoin in the market will be a threat to bitcoin. we can say " to be near" but to surpass? NEVER.
Activity: 532
Merit: 29
May 17, 2018, 08:33:27 AM
Bitcoin is unique cryptocurrency with blockchain technology and any coin/token will not be threat of bitcoin. This is an undeniable fact.

On the other hand, ethereum is the one of the flagship altcoin in cryptocurrency market and ethereum has so many positive feature as everyone knows. Smart contracts, ERC 20 substructure, one of the most trustable coin in market etc... Bitcoin and ethereum are component parts of market in my opinion.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001
May 17, 2018, 08:14:18 AM
First of all, you can't tell a story about a field of economy by using NBA players, it doesn't work like that nor it is accurate.

On the other hand, if bitcoin were to be taken as an NBA player, it wouldn't be LeBron. LeBron can't even be compared to stras of the old. The real king of basket ball would be Jordan. Long retired but still more popular than the NBA itself. Many people around the world wouldn't have known anything about NBA but they've heard of Michael Jordan.

LeBron is just popularized by dim witted millenials.

Coming to your question: Likewise Jordan will always be Jordan, bitcoin will always be bitcoin. Gold will always be gold. The capitalization of bitcoin is so high that it can't be broken down by anything. It's the gold of internet. ETH is the fuel of internet and althugh we use & see fuel everyday, gold is still more valuable than it.
Activity: 154
May 17, 2018, 08:06:00 AM
I think BTC dominance will continue to drop BUT, I also think ETH will start to lose its dominance over other protocols like NEO and EOS over the next year or so. ETH really needs to start scaling or it will be left behind by similar coins with better tech.

I like Ethereum, don't get me wrong, but it's decentralized nature really slows down the decision making process and at the minute, it shows.
Activity: 475
Merit: 250
May 17, 2018, 08:01:40 AM
Ethereum is a good threat on bitcoin. But this is not something bad I believe since it would only make bitcoin devs to do something better to avoid getting dethroned at the top. Just like these other altcoins, they are also trying to create something that is better than the others otherwise there will be no reason to create another coin.
Activity: 47
Merit: 10
May 17, 2018, 07:58:03 AM
Ethereum is a threat to bitcoin? Yes it is. We all know that ethereum was created by a russian programmer on 2013, and it was launched on 2015. After 3 years it is next to bitcoin in terms of popularity and value.

Let me show you some NBA perspective on this, bitcoin is the king of cryptocurrency right? same as LeBron as the king of NBA. But here comes ethereum the prince of cryptocurrency just like Ben Simmons as the prince of the NBA. The prince will dethrone the king on the eastern conference finals same as ethereum that will dethrone bitcoin in the next couple of years. Wether we like it or not the king will reach its limit. Mark my word. Trust the ethereum process!
not it is not, only because of ethreum bitcoin cost so much right now. ERC20 tokens on ethereum network made possible many projects to come alive and this made crypto world more hyped,more people know now about bitcoin and crypto,more people buying it
Activity: 86
May 17, 2018, 07:43:36 AM
no its not. ethereum is not a threat to bitcoin, not even a small threat.
bitcoin and ethereum are both different cryptocurrency. they have their own purpose on crypto world. Smiley Smiley
Activity: 658
Merit: 107
May 17, 2018, 03:18:03 AM
I think Ethereum is not a threat to bitcoin as it performs very different functions. Ethereum is a platform for the functioning of smart contracts and even if ever the Ethereum capitalization becomes more than bitcoin, in the cryptocurrency market nothing will change and each coin will be used for its purpose.
brand new
Activity: 0
May 16, 2018, 10:12:19 AM
Absolutely, there is no such way of becoming a threat to bitcoin. That two coins Eth and Btc are giving the name of crypto and bringing it worldwide, they have different platform and  there is no way of competing each others.
Activity: 308
Merit: 15
May 16, 2018, 12:30:05 PM
Bitcoin is the pioneer in the world of crypto-currency. On the other hand, if you compare the basis of the use of crypto currency, you will understand that the scope of the etherium is much more extensive. This is the main reason why investors predict the etherium the possibility of rapid growth in price.
Activity: 518
Merit: 145
May 16, 2018, 03:27:50 AM
Yea. But Bitcoin and Ethereum are coins that will last forever.
They will both be on top.
Maybe some day ETH will pass BTC, but that doesn't mean that BTC will fall.
It is funny though when I see people saying that Ethereum is going to be overthrowing bitcoin when there are so many other platforms that is giving Ethereum itself a serious competition. I guess people do not think of the fact that it is so easy for Ethereum to be dethrone from that space than it is easy for btc to be dethroned and I really do not need to start explaining myself much because if they have not been able to get that by themselves, I wonder what I would say that would make them get it.
Activity: 124
May 15, 2018, 05:14:06 PM
Maybe you have point that king will be dethroned by the prince, only If the king will declare that but king bitcoin will never do that and don't allow for sure that altcoin eth will be its heir if it has a fork. Also I'd rather think eth as an invader making itself strong to dethroned bitcoin but I don't think if this has a possibility.
Activity: 187
Merit: 5
May 15, 2018, 05:07:21 PM
I believe that these are absolutely different two parallel projects. And in terms of competition, they are not exactly worth considering

Both coins are just not worthy of comparison. Bitcoin is outrageously higher than Ethereum, and if Ethereum is going to be on the level of Bitcoin, it is going to be really tedious, despite the profile of the developer. The dominance Bitcoin has in the Crypto-world is just Overwhelming.
Activity: 194
Merit: 10
☀️ Iskra Coin ☀️
May 15, 2018, 05:06:28 PM

I think that ethereum is one of the strongest altcoin because of its many demands, and also I think many investors believe that the ethereum will have a good prospect. I am also currently holding ethereum.

Holding ethereum has a good future but I don't believe it's a threat to bitcoin these days, and as you observe how it really helped the bitcoin through other crypto; ethereum has big contribution why also bitcoin trading definitely risen. So we shouldn't believe that its a problem to bitcoin economy, but rather we should be thankful for this to be much profitable when all speculation of price will be achieved.
Activity: 187
Merit: 5
May 15, 2018, 04:59:45 PM
Ethereum is a threat to bitcoin? Yes it is. We all know that ethereum was created by a russian programmer on 2013, and it was launched on 2015. After 3 years it is next to bitcoin in terms of popularity and value.

Let me show you some NBA perspective on this, bitcoin is the king of cryptocurrency right? same as LeBron as the king of NBA. But here comes ethereum the prince of cryptocurrency just like Ben Simmons as the prince of the NBA. The prince will dethrone the king on the eastern conference finals same as ethereum that will dethrone bitcoin in the next couple of years. Wether we like it or not the king will reach its limit. Mark my word. Trust the ethereum process!

Ethereum might on the obvious, be next in popularity and market value to Bitcoin, but o would not agree to the fact that Ethereum is posing a threat to Bitcoin. I mean, the difference is clear from the value of both coins.
Activity: 154
May 15, 2018, 04:49:56 PM
I think the biggest dynamics of the bitcoin and ethereum crypto currency exchanges. they are setting up all the stock market's balances. Ethereum is constantly growing and developing. I think it may threaten the bitcoin in the future.
Pages:
Jump to: