Pages:
Author

Topic: Ethereum a threat to bitcoin - page 40. (Read 4893 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 101
May 21, 2018, 02:26:51 AM
Ethereum is still a very young coin and it has a very great potential for development in the future. And even if the Ethereum surpasses bitcoin by capitalization, nothing will change in the cryptocurrency market.
Activity: 228
Merit: 100
May 21, 2018, 02:23:38 AM
Absolutely two different coins with different focus on a certain sector of investors. So you can say that it would be ideal if the price was on the same level, so that there would not be any conversations that all the alts are rubbish.
Activity: 910
Merit: 500
May 21, 2018, 02:21:50 AM
Enthereum Ms. Bitcoin will accompany. If really replaced, Enthereum will have a strong breakthrough. But to me Bitcoin is still a long way from Enthereum. So the problem you put out I think it's too vague. Smiley Smiley
altough it is far away the distance for ethereum before it reached the bitcoin, there's a possibilities that it will become a threat in the bitcoin. we know that the ethereum is live only for 3 years. 2015 it start. and if we observed the happenings the ethereum is very fast to become as the 2nd most popular cryptocurrency in the world.the ripple and monero is lived early to the ethereum. so i see it is a threat
Activity: 1036
Merit: 329
May 21, 2018, 02:19:34 AM
These two coins are have their own following but bitcoin is more popular than ethereum and it's price is higher so people look for Bitcoin to buy because they know that it's price will go higher when the time comes.
and strongly believe for that this coin will be getting to be more successful for almost a year to be and how bitcoin are really in demand eth could be the threat for but we also have the possibility that this is just a matter of fact that this two coin are making to have a name on a crypto world.
Activity: 70
Merit: 0
May 21, 2018, 02:14:29 AM
Enthereum Ms. Bitcoin will accompany. If really replaced, Enthereum will have a strong breakthrough. But to me Bitcoin is still a long way from Enthereum. So the problem you put out I think it's too vague. Smiley Smiley
Activity: 154
May 20, 2018, 05:45:59 PM
Ethereum is a very good coin and definitely a direct competitor for bitcoin. But if we say a threat to bitcoin is not look at this time because the difference is price and adoption is too much at this time it will take time for ethereum to grow like bitcoin.
Activity: 129
Merit: 8
dApps Development Automation Platform
May 20, 2018, 05:39:39 PM
No, two completely and enormously different coins that try to tackle completely different problems. No sense to see them as competitors.
Activity: 336
Merit: 10
May 20, 2018, 05:38:54 PM
Maybe not. Though the popularity and value of the Ethereum and bitcoin quite similar. So there has the chance to bit the bitcoin. But it will not easy to Bit. We know today's BTC and ETH are the potential currency and people have faith in this two coins. Though there have many differences between BTC and ETH. BTC is the first coin and its popularity is untold able. Who is the crypto lover they don’t think this currency without BTC? BTC take the one place on the people's mind so they don’t think without. On the other hand, Eth is rising, ETH start to take the people trust by giving value to the users. So we compare ETH with Bitcoin. Yes, it’s also possible to take the bitcoin position. But it takes time. If the bitcoin stop providing such facility and user are lose hope to the bitcoin than it may possible to overcome. So to tell Ethereum a threat to bitcoin is logical. 
Activity: 518
May 20, 2018, 07:35:47 AM
These two coins are have their own following but bitcoin is more popular than ethereum and it's price is higher so people look for Bitcoin to buy because they know that it's price will go higher when the time comes.
Activity: 182
Merit: 6
May 20, 2018, 06:26:21 AM
I think it's not because I know if the price of Bitcoin declines in Ethereum goes up then I think it's not a threat, and so now the bitcoin price still has not gone up and the price of altcoin in the recovery period so I'm sure Bitcoin will be stable again and be good in the future

Activity: 58
May 20, 2018, 06:19:24 AM
In connection with the latest news that ethereum will soon be shared, then Yes this is a real threat, and the fact that btc will go to second place, it is more and more possible.
Activity: 602
May 20, 2018, 05:57:34 AM
They are both attacking different parts of the market. So I would disagree.

This is definitely a good observation but I would advise you to keep in mind the world is rarely that black and white.  The sets of functionality each posses are not disjoint! 

They attack different parts of the market AND they attack some of the same parts.  This makes them compete AND not compete. 

Keep in mind dialectics.
Ethereum is currently priced below Bitcoin. so to be said as a threat Bitcoin still notable. because Bitcoin will be different if there are other coins have prices above it. and for a coin that has developed quite rapidly. bitcoin will always improve its development to compete. so Bitcoin has no threat.
Activity: 364
Merit: 13
May 20, 2018, 05:53:14 AM
No it is not.
They are 2 complaetely different things.

BTC is used as currency as store of value , as asset as symbol of crypto world.

ETH is used to build tokens and offcourse some small part is used for the same reason as BTC but i cant see how ETH could possibly threaten ETH in any way.
Activity: 238
May 20, 2018, 05:52:57 AM
Both ethereum and bitcoin have their own users and we can't say that ethereum is a threat to the bitcoin existance. Bitcoin is the father of cryptocurrency and it will remain as it is till the end.
Activity: 102
May 20, 2018, 05:45:13 AM
Ethereum does not pose a threat to Bitcoin. First of all, Bitcoin still occupies the first market position. Secondly, Ethereum and Bitcoin are in different directions. Bitcoin tends to be a payment method.
Activity: 490
May 20, 2018, 03:06:53 AM
Ethereum is not a threat to bitcoin. Both of them stand on their own technology . Erc 20 is used for ethereum. Many small altcoins are there which are using this technology of ethereum. People are liking it. These both are a big part of the market.
Activity: 260
Merit: 15
May 19, 2018, 09:19:36 PM
I don't believe that Ethereum will be threat to Bitcoin in any way. They have a lot of differences and the price of Bitcoin is more than 10 times the price of Ethereum.
Yes, there is no conflict between them. On the contrary, they all have great complementarity. The market has been affected by their ups and downs.
Activity: 363
SWISSREALCOIN - FIRST REAL ESTATE CRYPTO TOKEN
May 19, 2018, 07:39:26 PM
I don't believe that Ethereum will be threat to Bitcoin in any way. They have a lot of differences and the price of Bitcoin is more than 10 times the price of Ethereum.
Activity: 140
May 19, 2018, 07:36:28 PM
both coins are rulers in crypto market and more ICOs are depended on BTC and ETH, as of now BTC is the king in crypto currency but ETH have chances to beat BTC but not now it will take time.
Activity: 644
Merit: 250
May 19, 2018, 01:18:22 AM
I think Ethereum is not a threat to bitcoin as it performs very different functions. Ethereum is a platform for the functioning of smart contracts and even if ever the Ethereum capitalization becomes more than bitcoin, in the cryptocurrency market nothing will change and each coin will be used for its purpose.
People are only care about the comparison of ethereum and bitcoin from the price and marketcapitalization. But they don't even understand about does it make sense to compare orange and apple? It doesn't make sense at all to see apple as a threat to orange. both has the different taste and it's irrational in my opinion.
Pages:
Jump to: