Pages:
Author

Topic: Ethereum a threat to bitcoin - page 49. (Read 4893 times)

Activity: 126
Merit: 0
May 08, 2018, 04:43:06 AM
In terms of market value, Bitcoin, which exceeds US$10 billion, is still the leader, and even Ethereum, which ranks second, is far behind. However, considering comprehensively, Ethereum is not only a digital currency, but also a diversified development platform. It is also a programming language that runs on the blockchain and can help developers build and distribute distributed applications. A large number of enterprise organizations Both have cooperated with Ethereum.

So it seems that the gap between Bitcoin and Ethereum is not as big as it seems, and since Vitalik Buterin, the founder of Ethereum, first talked about the Ethereum technology at the North American Bitcoin Conference in early 2014, people began to continuously For comparison, what are the development prospects for Bitcoin and Ethereum in the coming 2017 and the next 5-10 years?
Activity: 294
Merit: 10
May 08, 2018, 04:36:57 AM
 that idea can be true.. because the price of Ethereum can be going up in this year. Bitcoin may be one option for people who start investing,
and in Ethereum can see another increase
Activity: 560
Merit: 3
May 08, 2018, 04:32:32 AM
I think that the ether is threatening bitcoin, the ether will soon be much more stable bitcoin
Activity: 1232
Merit: 186
May 08, 2018, 04:07:37 AM
Ethereum is a threat to bitcoin? Yes it is. We all know that ethereum was created by a russian programmer on 2013, and it was launched on 2015. After 3 years it is next to bitcoin in terms of popularity and value.

Let me show you some NBA perspective on this, bitcoin is the king of cryptocurrency right? same as LeBron as the king of NBA. But here comes ethereum the prince of cryptocurrency just like Ben Simmons as the prince of the NBA. The prince will dethrone the king on the eastern conference finals same as ethereum that will dethrone bitcoin in the next couple of years. Wether we like it or not the king will reach its limit. Mark my word. Trust the ethereum process!
Everything can be a threat for bitcoin actually but since ethereum fall down next to btc then it is the biggest threat for it. But to be honest, $9000k+ v.s. $600+? I don't think btc should be bothered at all because there's a lot of gap between them and that's a great advantage.

Anyway, I still do believe that there's a chance somehow for eth to equalize or even overcome btc but for me "couple" of years is not enough.

Ps: I barely disagree that Lebron is the king of NBA. Jordan is still the best Smiley)
Activity: 196
Merit: 1
May 08, 2018, 04:00:04 AM
They serve completely different purposes. It's gonna be a long time until someone takes btc from the throne, if ever
Activity: 21
May 08, 2018, 03:59:13 AM
Aether really is a very good project, last year's market is driven by the ether. This year's eos is also very good, but it still can not reach the status of Ethereum. So keep an eye on the ether.
Activity: 238
May 08, 2018, 03:53:09 AM
ethereum is different than bitcoin, I don't think they're direct competitors. Ethereum is a smart contract platform using ethers as a fuel for the network, while bitcoin is only a currency.
Merit: 1
May 08, 2018, 03:48:21 AM
Yes we can really see it. ETH is gaining gradually but this could take atleast 15 years to overtake the BTC.
Activity: 812
Merit: 100
May 08, 2018, 03:48:02 AM
I think it is too excessive if ethereum becomes one of the threats to bitcoin, now the value of ethreum is far below the bitcoin. but ethereum if it has a rapid and significant price increase can be a warning for bitcoin but it takes a long time and can not be fast.
Activity: 142
May 08, 2018, 03:45:05 AM
Yes, I agree with your point of view. Now Ethereum is one of the most valuable currencies on the market, and it will have even greater potential for growth in the future. At present, many projects are traded through Ethereum. It has a large amount of transaction, which also makes it better in the future.
Activity: 215
Merit: 11
May 08, 2018, 03:41:33 AM
So, ETH really has a lot of chances to get around the bitcoin in the next few years. This is a giant coin that is in high demand. If Vitaliq and his team will work fruitfully, they will be able to bring ITH to the first place in the coinmarketcup rating.
Coinmarketcap is just the listing service provider based upon the trading volume and the coins into circulation. The growth of the asset need to be valued on different other factors. In this manner, the growth happening with the two seems to be mutual and ethereum will serve to be the leader of the altcoins but not bitcoin.
May 08, 2018, 03:37:49 AM
I think it is not , I don't think he's in danger ) I think etherium will not soon be able to take his place
Activity: 364
Merit: 110
SPOKKZ
May 01, 2018, 01:58:04 PM
So, ETH really has a lot of chances to get around the bitcoin in the next few years. This is a giant coin that is in high demand. If Vitaliq and his team will work fruitfully, they will be able to bring ITH to the first place in the coinmarketcup rating.
Activity: 658
Merit: 256
May 01, 2018, 01:23:09 PM
Bitcoin and Ethereum are created for different purposes. I don’t see how Ethereum can defeat Bitcoin. In term of market cap and price, I don’t think Ethereum is able to overtake bitcoin in the next few years.
copper member
Activity: 336
May 01, 2018, 12:31:54 PM
I think yes , Ethereum has the ability to compete with Bitcoin. Basically Bitcoin is use for investing and trading it is directly related with wealth.on the other hand Ethereum is used in the network of smart contact and decentralised application for use. If we see last few times back the performance and the interest of people in Ethereum increases, so that I can say it definitely threat to Bitcoin.
Activity: 154
Merit: 10
May 01, 2018, 12:19:13 PM
Eth has the power of threaten bitcoin with its unique features. The smart contract and the more shorten transaction time of processing and also the moving toward the half POS and half POW also make Eth a very powerful coins that can threaten bitcoin.
Activity: 118
May 01, 2018, 11:36:25 AM
We do not know what's going to happen in the future but I do not see Ethereum as a threat to Bitcoin, but I think maybe Ethereum can give Bitcoin in market cap.

The reason I do not perceive this as a threat is that I believe that these two coins have different goals. Bitcoin aims to be a medium of wealth storage, whereas the goal of Ethereum is to be a platform that smart contracts and decentralized applications can use.
both are more or less the same. As these projects will grow, the differences may become much more tangible and can influence the direction of their own goals.
copper member
Activity: 497
May 01, 2018, 11:07:20 AM
Ethereum is a threat to bitcoin? Yes it is. We all know that ethereum was created by a russian programmer on 2013, and it was launched on 2015. After 3 years it is next to bitcoin in terms of popularity and value.

Let me show you some NBA perspective on this, bitcoin is the king of cryptocurrency right? same as LeBron as the king of NBA. But here comes ethereum the prince of cryptocurrency just like Ben Simmons as the prince of the NBA. The prince will dethrone the king on the eastern conference finals same as ethereum that will dethrone bitcoin in the next couple of years. Wether we like it or not the king will reach its limit. Mark my word. Trust the ethereum process!

Yes ethereum can be the main rival of bitcoin, but I think ethereum is not a strong competitor for bitcoin, and it takes a very long time for ethereum to beat bitcoin.
Activity: 644
Merit: 250
May 01, 2018, 11:04:23 AM
BTC was created as a tool of electronic payment system with peer-to-peer access, ETH was developed for use in the network of "smart contracts", which are confirmed when certain conditions come. 2018 for the ETH will be very successful. Now conversations about the Etherium and its prospects increase support.
Activity: 868
Merit: 116
May 01, 2018, 10:59:41 AM
Absolutely not, and in my opinion, no one (cryptocurrency) can beat the king Bitcoin especially in this period, because there are a many advantages of Bitcoin compared to other cryptocurrencies for example the high value of Market cap (152 Billion dollars) and price and even their users. In fact, it is true that Ethereum is a profitable cyrpotcurrency and over time, it has always evolved and improve and maybe their best characteristic is the projects through ICO's (erc20) .

In addition to that, I disagree with you (OP)  through your comparison (NBA), Lebron is the king of NBA and maybe the best player over time, but years later he will stop playing, especially when he will be so old, then there may be a new best player (like, Westbrook, curry..), In contrast to Bitcoin, it does not have a specific age to finish or end. Plus, I do not think that Ethereum is the prince.
Pages:
Jump to: