Pages:
Author

Topic: Ethereum a threat to bitcoin - page 51. (Read 4893 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 101
April 30, 2018, 10:11:06 AM
Ethereum is a threat to bitcoin? Yes it is. We all know that ethereum was created by a russian programmer on 2013, and it was launched on 2015. After 3 years it is next to bitcoin in terms of popularity and value.

Let me show you some NBA perspective on this, bitcoin is the king of cryptocurrency right? same as LeBron as the king of NBA. But here comes ethereum the prince of cryptocurrency just like Ben Simmons as the prince of the NBA. The prince will dethrone the king on the eastern conference finals same as ethereum that will dethrone bitcoin in the next couple of years. Wether we like it or not the king will reach its limit. Mark my word. Trust the ethereum process!

I do not think that the etherium is a threat to bitcoin. The etheric is just one of the altcoyins, albeit quite "fat." Bitcoin will remain "digital gold". The etherium is certainly an excellent altcoyin, but with bitcoin it is not worth comparing.
Activity: 168
Merit: 10
ONe Social Network
April 30, 2018, 10:10:24 AM
Yes, the ether can become a threat, but when?
At the moment, bitcoin is very strong, top 1, and the advantage is too great to compare with something that is not in the real!
Activity: 163
Merit: 0
April 30, 2018, 10:06:24 AM
I understand your essence, because I'm interested in basketball, but it's not a sport, there's no human factor, it's crypto-currency, there's something you prefer!
Activity: 952
Merit: 253
April 30, 2018, 10:04:57 AM
They are both attacking different parts of the market. So I would disagree.

Ideally that should have been the case. Both the currencies were designed for different purposes, and therefore there should not be much competition between them. But the problem is that nowadays all the cryptos are mostly used for investment purposes and this puts them against each other.
But remember some platforms are intentionally created an improvement version of against another existing platform (old)

Bitcoin and ethereum have really different taste in my opinion. Any comparison or a thread that says it's against each other and not worth to be read by everyone.
Activity: 378
Merit: 10
April 30, 2018, 09:36:56 AM
I am sure that Ethereum will grow faster than Bitcoin this year, and wil reach $2500, or maybe $4000. But I don't think that Ether can beat Bitcoin by capitalization. In any case, large players will invest in Bitcoin due to the complete decentralization of the BTC. Heads of Ether can change the rules at any time, as it happened with DigitDAO, and bitcoin doesn't have its own chief, as Satoshi Nakamoto disappeared without a trace. This feature of bitcoin attracts whales the most.
Activity: 121
April 30, 2018, 08:39:33 AM
No. Ethereum is the main competitor to bitcoin. Both coin has different focus and function. Just Ethereum looks legit and bitcoin is not. That's why you think this. But you have to agree that the Whole Market is undoubtedly depend on Bitcoin price.
Activity: 3080
Merit: 603
April 30, 2018, 08:38:00 AM
Ethereum is a threat to bitcoin? Yes it is.
No it's not.

We all know that ethereum was created by a russian programmer on 2013, and it was launched on 2015. After 3 years it is next to bitcoin in terms of popularity and value.
It doesn't matter on who created the coin or where he did came from. If the crypto is new and it has a real use, innovative and people sees great fortune to it they will invest to it so that made ETH's market cap increase within a short span of time.

Though you got a nice comparison of crypto to NBA.  Grin
Activity: 1540
Merit: 219
April 30, 2018, 08:30:44 AM
I think,Vitalik Buterin, of course has far plans for the coin. But to displace bitcoin from the first place among cryptocurrencies, he will hardly manage.
The most probable option of development looks so:ETH will step to Bitcoin on heels and and will remain the second number.
I think, acquisition of ETH on bottoms, will be good investment into the future.
It's hard to say that the ethereum is a threat to bitcoin because in the first place, bitcoin is such a legendary coin. (It's only in my own perspective) Ethereum can be a threat if it's value would be not miles away from the value of bitcoin even though it's in the second place, bitcoin will always be one even if it's value would be lower and higher and higher and lower. But we can't deny the fact that ethereum is such a good coin to invest. But I don't think it's a threat to bitcoin.
Activity: 588
Merit: 1
April 30, 2018, 08:13:19 AM
I think,Vitalik Buterin, of course has far plans for the coin. But to displace bitcoin from the first place among cryptocurrencies, he will hardly manage.
The most probable option of development looks so:ETH will step to Bitcoin on heels and and will remain the second number.
I think, acquisition of ETH on bottoms, will be good investment into the future.
Activity: 1260
Merit: 315
www.Artemis.co
April 30, 2018, 08:02:50 AM
I dont think so, ethereum is very different from bitcoin, bitcoin is bitcoin, and ethereum is just an altcoin, an altcoin will never become a threat to bitcoin, it will never happen.
Activity: 294
Merit: 12
April 30, 2018, 07:37:17 AM
I don't think it will happen soon, let's see if how ethereum can do it. But still I believe bitcoin will be the only king, because bitcoin is already trusted and I don't think btc and eth should be compared because they both have different uses.
Activity: 28
April 30, 2018, 07:33:04 AM
i can see that happening for sure.
Activity: 504
Merit: 250
April 30, 2018, 07:22:26 AM
Ethereum is a threat to bitcoin? Yes it is. We all know that ethereum was created by a russian programmer on 2013, and it was launched on 2015. After 3 years it is next to bitcoin in terms of popularity and value.

Let me show you some NBA perspective on this, bitcoin is the king of cryptocurrency right? same as LeBron as the king of NBA. But here comes ethereum the prince of cryptocurrency just like Ben Simmons as the prince of the NBA. The prince will dethrone the king on the eastern conference finals same as ethereum that will dethrone bitcoin in the next couple of years. Wether we like it or not the king will reach its limit. Mark my word. Trust the ethereum process!

It's currently not possible however in future if ETH comes out with something revolutionary in crypto having superority over BTC then it's possible currently it's not possible.both the coins are high figh and both are trusted worlwide.investment in both is highly safe and beneficial.
Activity: 88
April 30, 2018, 05:53:29 AM
i dont think so. bitcoin is legend
Everyone knows that "old is Gold", So we can understand that bitcoin is really good and trustable. we don't need to think about others.
Activity: 88
April 30, 2018, 05:45:34 AM
In which way both are affecting the market can you tell us?
Activity: 308
Merit: 100
April 30, 2018, 05:26:47 AM
At the moment, the technology itself of the blockade of bitcoin is already a little outdated, and this shows its current problems. High commissions, transaction speed, centralization and blockage volume are the main difficulties that must be faced by the entire crypto community. Despite the fact that Bitcoin in the eyes of many seems to be the best means for accumulation, more and more users are choosing the Etherium as an asset transfer between people and organizations.
Activity: 882
Merit: 301
April 30, 2018, 05:22:51 AM

I do not know where to comment  Grin On Ben Simmons dethroning Lebron James at the Eastern Conference Finals or Ethereum dethroning Bitcoin.
Anyway, I do not think Ethereum is a threat to bitcoin dominance. Bitcoin will remain the most popular cryptocurrency.
Activity: 322
Merit: 101
April 30, 2018, 05:21:31 AM

Ideally that should have been the case. Both the currencies were designed for different purposes, and therefore there should not be much competition between them. But the problem is that nowadays all the cryptos are mostly used for investment purposes and this puts them against each other.
I agree with this, most investors not much concerned about the uses of the crypto ie bitcoin and ethereum, they look at it as a trading assets that will give them money or profit by a period of time. These competition in the market is now very common among all alts. The essence of its uses is disregarded and people focusing on investment purposes.
Activity: 406
Merit: 109
April 30, 2018, 05:07:40 AM

OP, this post is actually hilarious, how you are comparing NBA with crypto. It makes no sense at all.
Now, talking about Ethereum being a threat to Bitcoin,Well, first of all, you must understand that there is no logical comparison among Ethereum and bitcoin.

Bitcoin is created as an alternative to regular money and is thus a medium of payment transaction and store of value, Ethereum is developed as a platform which facilitates peer-to-peer contracts and applications via its own currency vehicle.
Activity: 532
Merit: 114
April 30, 2018, 05:03:05 AM
Whether its a threat or not, time will tell, but where is the reason for competition as both have differing use case scenarios, as far as investment goes, its prudent to invest in both, though the profits bitcoin furnishes, speak for themselves. Both are popular coins, but within their own purview.
Pages:
Jump to: