Pages:
Author

Topic: Ethereum a threat to bitcoin - page 46. (Read 4893 times)

Activity: 619
Merit: 250
May 15, 2018, 12:02:10 AM
Ethereum is a threat to bitcoin? Yes it is. We all know that ethereum was created by a russian programmer on 2013, and it was launched on 2015. After 3 years it is next to bitcoin in terms of popularity and value.

Let me show you some NBA perspective on this, bitcoin is the king of cryptocurrency right? same as LeBron as the king of NBA. But here comes ethereum the prince of cryptocurrency just like Ben Simmons as the prince of the NBA. The prince will dethrone the king on the eastern conference finals same as ethereum that will dethrone bitcoin in the next couple of years. Wether we like it or not the king will reach its limit. Mark my word. Trust the ethereum process!
I think Ethereum is an Altcoin who keeps trying hard to overtake and overtake Bitcoin. so Ethereum is able to develop more rapidly from year to year to take over Bitcoin. so some people consider that Ethereum is a threat to Bitcoin. but in my opinion, this is just Ethereum's effort to improve its development.
Activity: 294
Merit: 1
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
May 14, 2018, 11:44:41 PM
Good analysis and comparison, But i have to respectfully disagree. If your really keen and would backtrack you could’ve atleast compre the difference and use of both currencies, instead of comparing it to NBA which I doubt is close to the topic. On a positive note I would like to share that Bitcoin have gone through a lot and still holds the number one spot. On the other hand Ethereum showed us a good potential last year and continues to grow. Dont get me wrong im bullish for both coins but you cannot really compare them. And to determine whose number or the best from both is difficult as you have to establish points of comparison.
Activity: 350
Merit: 100
May 14, 2018, 11:43:41 PM
On the one hand, I agree with you. But most people who only recently learned about crypto currency, first of all learned about bitcoin. Bitcoin is a legend. People, first of all believe in it. And if something happens to Bitcoin, then it can undermine people's confidence in the whole of the crypto currency.
Activity: 1274
May 14, 2018, 11:38:17 PM
Bitcoin will remain king for long time and i disagree with your sentence " Ethereum a threat to bitcoin" If ethereum will strong Bitcoin will more strong so it is good for crypto world that these two coins are in very strong position.
Activity: 476
Merit: 112
IDENA.IO - Proof-Of-Person Blockchain
May 14, 2018, 11:34:55 PM
I also wait for that moment to happen, where Ethereum can be TOP 1 Cryptocurrency,
but i do not want to forget the bitcoin just like that,
blockchain is brought to Bitcoin, and that means Ethereum exists because of Bitcoin as well
I still respect and always there in addition to BTC, as well as ETH
Activity: 724
Merit: 500
May 14, 2018, 11:34:42 PM
Lol STFU Ethfags
Activity: 255
Merit: 11
May 14, 2018, 11:34:24 PM
Definitely not but it may be possible since the market price is unpredictable. My observation was every time ETH price go up the same happening to BTC it may be connected but it was always happening even when the price is soaring, they soar together. BTC will always be on top and I think it can't be surpassed.
Activity: 266
Merit: 10
May 14, 2018, 11:33:03 PM
I do not think so, and I do not even want to think so, because I think that in this case it's not worth talking about bitcoin at all. Because eth is certainly a very famous project, which today has a lot of good shades for the crypto currency market, but in the end I do not think that it can threaten bitcoin.
Well, i agree what you say above and i am thinking bitcoin is still on the top of every crypto.
I think etherium has everything that can defeat bitcoin but i dont even want etherium to do so. I prefer is number second and i like both.
Activity: 409
Merit: 103
May 14, 2018, 11:31:48 PM
Ethereum is a threat to bitcoin? Yes it is. We all know that ethereum was created by a russian programmer on 2013, and it was launched on 2015. After 3 years it is next to bitcoin in terms of popularity and value.

Let me show you some NBA perspective on this, bitcoin is the king of cryptocurrency right? same as LeBron as the king of NBA. But here comes ethereum the prince of cryptocurrency just like Ben Simmons as the prince of the NBA. The prince will dethrone the king on the eastern conference finals same as ethereum that will dethrone bitcoin in the next couple of years. Wether we like it or not the king will reach its limit. Mark my word. Trust the ethereum process!

This is might really happen even though they both have different purpose or different usage, bitcoin still can be shaken by ethereum. Since cryptocurrency lately is considered as an investment, investors didn't even actually use it the way they should be but they see it as a investment that will increase it's price in the future.
Activity: 154
Merit: 0
May 14, 2018, 11:31:32 PM
I do not agree with your statement. I think anyway Bitcoin will remain the legend of crypto. Ethereum may indeed have more sophisticated technology. But it can never replace Bitcoin.
Activity: 112
May 14, 2018, 11:28:22 PM
I think they are different coins, so there is no so-called threat.
Activity: 115
May 14, 2018, 11:24:25 PM
Ethereum may be a threat to Bitcoin in terms of usage of decentralized applications with its smart contracts and tokens but Bitcoin will always stay because it's the first cryptocurrency with around 30-40% dominance in Coin Market Cap. Ethereum is just used by traders, ICOs, and used as gas fees but Bitcoin is just in its infancy in terms of being a payment system. Ethereum will soon become the norm for decentralized applications because other platforms such as Stellar, Neo, Waves, and the likes are just getting a few applications under their name.
Activity: 168
May 14, 2018, 11:13:45 PM
maybe so because bitcoin is still down and the price of EThereum continues to rise because a few weeks ago Ethereum growth is very fast and for threats can also happen because bitcoin still fluctuate
Activity: 38
May 14, 2018, 10:24:25 PM
I believe in the spectacular overthrow of eth before btc  Cool
Activity: 406
Merit: 10
May 14, 2018, 10:21:51 PM
I cant say that ethereum is a threat to bitcoin because they have different purpose and uses. Although they are both crypto, they work differently. In terms of price or value per coin, clearly ethereum performs well in the market but bitcoin is the coin that started it all. Ethereum might dethrone bitcoin in terms of value but it might take time for eth to do that.
Activity: 2128
Merit: 520
May 14, 2018, 10:21:26 PM
In fact, I think that bitcoin and etherium are designed for different purposes, and therefore there should not be much competition between them. Competition can arise only in terms of investment.
In some points, yes ETH was designed differently with the way OP's example I disagree with that point simmon can't replace lebron as lebron can't replace mj, this two coins have big edge from success that they've already gain inside crypto industries, but bitcoin got a larger margin and it will take another success before ETH or other alts to dethrone what we called the king inside crypto business.
Activity: 91
May 14, 2018, 10:12:11 PM
Why should it be a threat? whether with progress ethereum bitcoin will die`? I think not both will remain popular in the crypto world.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 450
May 14, 2018, 10:09:38 PM
I strongly disagree, it does not posses any threat to bitcoinBTC because they are on a different level of attainment such as price, purpose and exposure in the market as well. bitcoinBTC, the first cryptocurrency, was born 10 years back in 2008. It introduced a novel idea by the mysterious Satoshi Nakamoto: Bitcoin offers the promise of lower transaction fees than traditional online payment mechanisms and is operated by a decentralized authority, unlike government issued currencies while Ether is used broadly for two purposes: it is traded as a digital currency exchange like other cryptocurrencies and is used inside Ethereum to run applications and even to monetize work. See their difference.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 501
May 14, 2018, 09:44:36 PM
In fact, I think that bitcoin and etherium are designed for different purposes, and therefore there should not be much competition between them. Competition can arise only in terms of investment.
Activity: 429
May 14, 2018, 09:17:29 PM

Yes. I agree to this opinion. In term of investment gains, eth is much bigger the bitcoin. But it must accepted that bitcoin popularity is still higher. People outside there know bitcoin more than eth. Bitcoin price is still the main factor affecting price move of other coins. In the near future, eth will compete with bitcoin as investment instrument because its price is still much cheaper than bitcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: