Pages:
Author

Topic: Ethereum a threat to bitcoin - page 48. (Read 4893 times)

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911
Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe
May 13, 2018, 07:03:26 AM
Ethereum is a threat to bitcoin? Yes it is. We all know that ethereum was created by a russian programmer on 2013, and it was launched on 2015. After 3 years it is next to bitcoin in terms of popularity and value.

Let me show you some NBA perspective on this, bitcoin is the king of cryptocurrency right? same as LeBron as the king of NBA. But here comes ethereum the prince of cryptocurrency just like Ben Simmons as the prince of the NBA. The prince will dethrone the king on the eastern conference finals same as ethereum that will dethrone bitcoin in the next couple of years. Wether we like it or not the king will reach its limit. Mark my word. Trust the ethereum process!
Ethereum was created by Vitalik Buterin and he proposed the idea first to bitcoin developers on having a scripting language in bitcoin for contracts and since it was not accepted he started his own project and that is what we know now as Ethereum. So basically what you have to understand is that, it is meant to create contracts and application development and not a currency, You can have any expectation for anything but if people need to evaluate something, it needs to be a currency that can be traded world wide and not just a application developing platform, hope you understand the real difference now.
In your terms Le Bron and Simmons are NBA players, they play the same sport and so you can compare them, You cannot compare Le Bron and Tiger Woods because they compete in different sports and so is the case with bitcoin and ETH. Tongue
Activity: 101
Merit: 0
May 13, 2018, 06:55:59 AM
The development of the currency is still on the rise. In one to two years, people will see that more people will use the cryptocurrency of ether, and this will cause Ethereum to finally surpass Bitcoin.
Activity: 392
Merit: 100
May 13, 2018, 06:51:51 AM
Unfortunately, for some reason smart contracts do not gain popularity which deserve. Therefore, the price is still very low
Activity: 336
Merit: 11
May 13, 2018, 06:48:55 AM
Ethereum is no way near a threat to bitcoin they are bith coins/tokens with complety different purposes. So bitcoin wants to be an currency to pay for goods and services and ethereum is more like an platform
I would not consider Bitcoin at all as a means of payment, since its fluctuation in price completely excludes this possibility. But And at the same time, Bitcoin can not be compared with ether, because they are two different in value coins.
Activity: 84
May 13, 2018, 06:46:57 AM
ETH is never a threat to Bitcoin. ETH and Bitcoin are always electronic mutual funds in this market. Even though people think ETH is against Bitcoin, that's not true

I agree. Ethereum is not a threat to Bitcoin for they are mutually paired in terms of investing and wallet. Maybe Ethereum has the power to take over Bitcoin soon but we should always remember that Queen(ETH) is behind the King (the Bitcoin). But we dont need to choose in both of them, we can help and support these two cryptos by continue updating and investing in these cryptocurrencies. They grant big impact in cryptocurrency world by just having big price offers because of their well-established and well-organized management. Continue supporting and expect good things will happen.
Activity: 406
Merit: 100
May 13, 2018, 06:40:41 AM
Ethereum is one of the promising coins in the market today so I think it is a threat to Bitcoin because it has a better blockchain and also have a good system and that's the qualities you will check if you want to invest on a specific coin. We know Bitcoin is the foundation of all altcoins and still the king of the crypto currency world but when you see how well ethereum moves in the market today and how fast the coin developed in the past years, you will possible think it have a huge chance of surpassing Bitcoin in the near future.
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
May 13, 2018, 06:32:06 AM
ETH is probably the biggest threat to Bitcoin. Most people in 2018 invest more in ETH than Bitcoin. I think ETH has better applications than Bitcoin so many prefer ETH over Bitcoin
Activity: 333
Lifestyle & Wellness Platform
May 13, 2018, 06:30:21 AM
ETH is never a threat to Bitcoin. ETH and Bitcoin are always electronic mutual funds in this market. Even though people think ETH is against Bitcoin, that's not true
Activity: 868
Merit: 251
Empowering crypto w/ sustainable energy
May 13, 2018, 06:15:44 AM
Ethereum is no way near a threat to bitcoin they are bith coins/tokens with complety different purposes. So bitcoin wants to be an currency to pay for goods and services and ethereum is more like an platform
legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1015
May 13, 2018, 04:29:39 AM
Bitcoin is the king of crypto currency and for me no altcoin can beat it but I won't deny that ETH is really a threat to btc although i'm confident because of their big gap in price. Too many years before eth can dethrone or maybe not, even once. No one knows.
Activity: 240
May 13, 2018, 04:23:11 AM
Yea. But Bitcoin and Ethereum are coins that will last forever.
They will both be on top.
Maybe some day ETH will pass BTC, but that doesn't mean that BTC will fall.
Activity: 1582
Merit: 523
May 13, 2018, 04:17:53 AM
Not really because these two despite being the biggest projects and coins currently, have different purposes and different goals that they are trying to achieve. They are not competing and they both have enough investors in their respective projects and field to keep them at the top. There might be a bit of competition between these two coins but it is not a 'one trying to kill off the other competition'.
Many users are on claims a threat or can win against bitcoin. I am with you both has it's own functions in crypto world and I don't see the point that ethereum a threat to bitcoin. Instead, ethereum is one of the biggest good investment and good to use in crypto world.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000
May 13, 2018, 04:13:27 AM
Ethereum is a threat to bitcoin? Yes it is. We all know that ethereum was created by a russian programmer on 2013, and it was launched on 2015. After 3 years it is next to bitcoin in terms of popularity and value.

Let me show you some NBA perspective on this, bitcoin is the king of cryptocurrency right? same as LeBron as the king of NBA. But here comes ethereum the prince of cryptocurrency just like Ben Simmons as the prince of the NBA. The prince will dethrone the king on the eastern conference finals same as ethereum that will dethrone bitcoin in the next couple of years. Wether we like it or not the king will reach its limit. Mark my word. Trust the ethereum process!

It doesn’t seems to me that Ethereum is a threat to Bitcoin at least for now. I agree that Ethereum is more advanced and more functional than Bitcoin. But BTC is very popular, it occupy a half of the market.
Activity: 224
Merit: 1
May 12, 2018, 02:58:20 AM

maybe with the  news if Ethereum become a bitcoin threat that I think it is because then you can invest in bitcoin with long-term especially now that Ethereum has rapid growth hence many people say if ETH become a threat of BTC and that is impossible because of Bitcoin king from cryptocurrency

Activity: 36
May 10, 2018, 05:31:27 PM
It's possible some crypto will overcome bitcoin some day, but I doubt it will be eth - it gained its share in 2017 because everybody started creating erc-20 coins and their management required eth, now the most popular coins are switching to their own blockchains and many of them are ready to substitute eth as shitcoins factory, so share of eth can be even washed out.
To overcome BTC an altcoin will have to repeat what eth did - takeover (or create a new one) huge market, but grow faster or somehow protect itself from competitors for longer period of time
Or BTC can loose its golden status due to some circumstances, for example when a lot of whales will decide to switch to another coin and will be able to prove the rest of community to do it (Like Ver tried to do)
Activity: 504
Merit: 250
May 10, 2018, 05:11:57 PM

Currently ETH is undergoing many development changes like bug issues in smart contracts,scalability,once these issues finalized then surely ETH would become very strong but its not threat to BTC at all right now.In future if ETH comes out with something unique,revolutionary having superiority over BTC then it can prove threat to BTC,its possible not impossible.
Activity: 217
Merit: 120
Presale is live!
May 10, 2018, 05:08:08 PM
Not really because these two despite being the biggest projects and coins currently, have different purposes and different goals that they are trying to achieve. They are not competing and they both have enough investors in their respective projects and field to keep them at the top. There might be a bit of competition between these two coins but it is not a 'one trying to kill off the other competition'.
Activity: 64
May 10, 2018, 11:51:13 AM
It seems to me that the ether is no less promoted than bitcoin. Especially it becomes popular when the bitcoin network is overloaded and everything hangs.
Activity: 125
May 10, 2018, 01:38:20 AM
Ethereum and Bitcoin have no direct competition and their goals are different. Bitcoin is more inclined to pay, but it is undeniable that Ethereum will be one of the best cryptocurrencies on the market.
Activity: 531
Merit: 102
May 08, 2018, 04:49:27 AM

Nice connection.  But I think in a cryptomarket instead of thinking that ethereum is a threat to bitcoin, it is better to think that ether is bitcoin's partner to promote cryptocurrency in masses.  With the presence of ethereum in the market, it gives a variety of tokens which add menus to choose from by the investors.  Meaning, it does not only work for rapid information dissemination but also creates a much healthier ecosystem in the crypto world. It also provides a challenge to bitcoin and altcoin to improve their both features for more advancement of technology that will surely benefit us.  

Yes, it is the reality that there is competition between the two but we should think positively about this "competition".  
Pages:
Jump to: