Pages:
Author

Topic: Ethereum a threat to bitcoin - page 50. (Read 4893 times)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0
May 01, 2018, 10:40:54 AM
Eth is the competitor of bitcoin, this is for sure. With the unique feature like smart contract of Eth that allow reversable trading, it makes better life for investor but the acknowledgement by public for bitcoin is much more better and more popular than Eth. Thus their relationship is competitor.
Activity: 700
Merit: 250
May 01, 2018, 10:40:10 AM
I think it will not happen, because ethereum and bitcoin have their own functions and values, so I think it will not happen, maybe nowadays many investors use ethereum as their long-term investment, but bitcoin will remain king.
I agree with you . No coins can replace Bitcoin because Bitcoin is the king of the Cryptocurrency market and is the first coin to have the most influence on the modern industry and has been legalized in many large countries and is now considered the easiest way to pay but if ETH can overcome Bitcoin, the era of this market will end and the new era of the entire market will begin.
Activity: 238
May 01, 2018, 10:29:37 AM
Ethereum is a threat to bitcoin? Yes it is. We all know that ethereum was created by a russian programmer on 2013, and it was launched on 2015. After 3 years it is next to bitcoin in terms of popularity and value.

Let me show you some NBA perspective on this, bitcoin is the king of cryptocurrency right? same as LeBron as the king of NBA. But here comes ethereum the prince of cryptocurrency just like Ben Simmons as the prince of the NBA. The prince will dethrone the king on the eastern conference finals same as ethereum that will dethrone bitcoin in the next couple of years. Wether we like it or not the king will reach its limit. Mark my word. Trust the ethereum process!

definitely not. Ethereum is not a direct competitor to Bitcoin, they're kind of complementary. Ethereum is the network for building the applications on top of it, while Bitcoin is supposed to be a payment method.
Activity: 652
Make winning bets on sports with Sportsbet.io!
May 01, 2018, 10:27:58 AM
I don't think their comparison is justified . Bitcoin is use for investing and trading . Etherneum is used for giving platform to other crypto coins .
I really don't see a threat because bitcoin is doing very well and there is also a huge difference  between their value and volume . To cover that would be difficult since bitcoin totally manipulates the whole market in every way . The scenario can be in favor of etherneum in a distant future but till then it is not going to surpass or threat bitcoin.   
Activity: 49
April 30, 2018, 05:18:49 PM
For me ETH might win against BTC IF NEO, EOS and other platform based ones wont deliver as much as their whitepaper is saying. ETH is a platform so many tokens will use in the future.
Activity: 364
Merit: 10
April 30, 2018, 11:57:59 AM
There is no threat to bitcoin from ethereum. ethereum is racing with bitcoin but it does not seem possible to win with bitcoin. Ethereum will have to struggle long enough to defeat bitcoin.
Activity: 588
Merit: 100
April 30, 2018, 11:50:59 AM
I do not think so, and I do not even want to think so, because I think that in this case it's not worth talking about bitcoin at all. Because eth is certainly a very famous project, which today has a lot of good shades for the crypto currency market, but in the end I do not think that it can threaten bitcoin.
Activity: 252
Merit: 14
Revolutionizing Brokerage of Personal Data
April 30, 2018, 11:46:48 AM
Ethereum is a threat to bitcoin? Yes it is. We all know that ethereum was created by a russian programmer on 2013, and it was launched on 2015. After 3 years it is next to bitcoin in terms of popularity and value.

Let me show you some NBA perspective on this, bitcoin is the king of cryptocurrency right? same as LeBron as the king of NBA. But here comes ethereum the prince of cryptocurrency just like Ben Simmons as the prince of the NBA. The prince will dethrone the king on the eastern conference finals same as ethereum that will dethrone bitcoin in the next couple of years. Wether we like it or not the king will reach its limit. Mark my word. Trust the ethereum process!
At the end of 2017, I had the same impression. The Ethereum have grown and could not stop. In 2018, put everything in its place. Ethereum fell more than three times. Yes, now it has started to grow again, but trust is already lost.
Activity: 356
April 30, 2018, 11:44:56 AM
It seems to me that the ether is no less promoted than bitcoin. Especially it becomes popular when the bitcoin network is overloaded and everything hangs
Activity: 448
Merit: 60
imagine me
April 30, 2018, 11:42:15 AM
Ethereum is a threat to bitcoin? Yes it is.
No it's not.

It is, if we're talking about the 1st spot on coinmarketcap.

If you're aware of this site - https://www.flippening.watch/, you will notice that there are higher percentage of difference between BTC and ETH, and those higher percentage goes to ETH. But according to that site, BTC is much more trending on google.

We all know that the 1st spot on coinmarketcap belongs to the one who have the highest amount of $$$. If more and more investors (big investors) would know about ETH, these investors could determine w/c deserves the 1st spot on coinmarketcap.

You could read more about the flippening on this article - https://hackernoon.com/the-flippening-ethereum-vs-bitcoin-2ac80a953ebb
Activity: 798
April 30, 2018, 10:54:51 AM

I think! Currently can not happen that! Bitcoin is always better than ETH!
ETH has smartcontract, but the application is not much!
Activity: 378
April 30, 2018, 10:52:38 AM
I don't think ethereum is a threat although ethereum is in the top, Unlike bitcoin it has a total supply of 21 million but ethereum has a large amount of supply.
Activity: 196
April 30, 2018, 10:37:18 AM
I think it will not happen, because ethereum and bitcoin have their own functions and values, so I think it will not happen, maybe nowadays many investors use ethereum as their long-term investment, but bitcoin will remain king.
Activity: 124
Merit: 1
April 30, 2018, 10:29:01 AM
I think that Ethereum will just end-up following Bitcoin but will never be able to over-throne it any time any year mark my worlds. Though i will not be surprise if Ethereum did it, but be rest assured that it will take a decade to make it to Bitcoin.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 261
April 30, 2018, 10:28:03 AM
Yeah, I think it is threat, more like a rivalry here because ethereum started 5 years after bitcoin has been launched, I think with this huge of a time gap bitcoin and the devs of it should really fear ethereum, I mean ethereum was able to make #2, but I think bitcoin should still be leading for a number of years with the ginormous lead with the price and the value of bitcoin is versus ethereum, now I can say that ethereum is newer, fresher, and yes they offer smart contracts and focuses on the gpu when you mine them, and lastly I think that the technology ethereum use is way newer than bitcoin, but again I will and still use bitcoin no matter what.
Activity: 392
April 30, 2018, 10:27:00 AM
what's weird? in fact, eth has made all x2 from the summer prices, which is less than the number of tokens and coins. Including btc has done more
Activity: 504
April 30, 2018, 10:21:50 AM
It may look like Ethereum is a threat to bitcoin but I do not think Ethereum is trying to over take or take bitcoins place. But there is a great possibility it might go over beyond bitcoin in the far future if things really work out with this coin.
Activity: 333
April 30, 2018, 10:20:29 AM

What?They are not basketball on the NBA that you compare, they are different coin and not the same.The purpose of this two coin is really different,Bitcoin has more usage than etherium, some or many of website started accepting bitcoin as a payment gateway while eth popular on ICO project that sometimes turn into scam.speed and fee's i will go to eth but if you use segwit then bitcoin is good to go.
Activity: 224
Merit: 11
The revolutionary AI gaming ecosystem
April 30, 2018, 10:16:42 AM

For me that is definitely wrong. As we all know bitcoin is the number one coin for now and to the future. Bitcoin is the heart of cryptocurrency. If bitcoin die then many coin will going die too and ofcourse if many coin will die specially bitcoin then crypto world is going die too because without heart ( bitcoin ) without life.
Activity: 224
April 30, 2018, 10:12:06 AM
Eth is the competitor of bitcoin, this is for sure. With the unique feature like smart contract of Eth that allow reversable trading, it makes better life for investor but the acknowledgement by public for bitcoin is much more better and more popular than Eth. Thus their relationship is competitor.
Pages:
Jump to: