Pages:
Author

Topic: Evolution is a hoax - page 37. (Read 108030 times)

legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
December 01, 2018, 07:24:34 PM
Science proved beyond a doubt that the earth and universe are far older than 10.000 years old, end of the debate, bible is fiction.

Now you are telling us that science has a time machine, or at least, a time viewer.

Cheesy
Activity: 70
Merit: 12
December 01, 2018, 02:48:25 PM
"With each reproduction, errors creep into the bar code, as they do when you repeatedly photocopy a document. By measuring the accumulated errors – the blurriness or “diversity” among the bar codes – scientists are able to infer the passage of time.

That’s how Stoeckle and Thaler concluded that ninety percent of all animal species alive today come from parents that all began giving birth at roughly the same time, less than a quarter-million years ago. “This conclusion is very surprising,” Thaler avers, “and I fought against it as hard as I could.”

The flaws with these experiments are the same as carbon dating factors.

• The assumption that the speed of "blurriness" (decay rate) is constant throughout history from the beginning

The assumption that no external contamination occurred to slow down or speed up DNA diversity.

The assumption that DNA was 100% perfect in the beginning

The assumption that the only cause of DNA blurriness is due to one single process.

The assumption that environmental conditions today are the same as they are in the beginning

etc ..

It is interesting to read though. Thanks for the article.

Activity: 1624
Merit: 645
December 01, 2018, 02:35:20 PM
Science proved beyond a doubt that the earth and universe are far older than 10.000 years old, end of the debate, bible is fiction.
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1468
October 19, 2018, 08:40:41 PM

later wave function is not deterministic, it is unpredictable (i.e., random).

Actually, it's pretty clear, explained 3 different ways. Not deterministic, unpredictable and random, if you don't know what it means, use a dictionary Cool

He is barking up the wrong tree.  He should just let it go.  Bible details cannot be defended.  It is like defending the Flat Earth concept.

If he wants, he can believe in some pantheistic God that nobody can prove or disprove, but the God in the Bible?  Sorry, all these scriptures are full of historical errors, pure supernatural nonsense, or self-contradictions.  All these Gods are the product of human imagination.

He jumps on the Evolution Theory because his church buddies came up with some silly reasons to say it is a hoax.

Let him say that the Evolution Theory is a hoax and we can all move on.  He is a disturbed individual.

Anyone who actually looked at the scientific evidence knows that it is as close to a fact as 2+2=4

Since this is an evolution thread, let's not waste time on defending or proving the Bible.

Back 100 years ago, there were a lot of things that science figured out. Then some later scientists showed why those earlier scientists were wrong.

Not deterministic and unpredictable only means that we haven't figured it out. But 100 years from now, scientists may have all the answers as to why. Why what? Why there is C&E in everything, and no pure random... as we commonly see all over the place today.

Evolution is a hoax.

Cool

Why are you stuck on the word random?  The changes are not exactly random.

https://www.livescience.com/48103-evolution-not-random.html

Many variables influence the changes.

Relax, the Evolution Theory is a fact.

Good night, sleep tight.
legendary
December 01, 2018, 01:22:41 PM

Again, you can't seem to think beyond your nose, or so, right?

Just because I post an article doesn't mean that I am acknowledging it to be 100% factually true.

The scientists in the article are simply included the multi-billion-year standard universe age in their findings. Their idea wasn't to refute the standard age. Their idea was to refute the man/animal, standard, evolution times.

In the article one of the scientists said he fought his own findings with all his strength, but couldn't find any way around what he had discovered. In other words, standard evolution doesn't know what it is talking about. And further scientific investigation is proving it.

Ultimately, when science investigates far enough, they will find that the universe is less than 7,000 years old. And that the physics mixture that is beyond (before?) the first day, can't be understood by the organized physics that we have today. In fact, that is the big reason why honest scientists think that the universe is billions of years old... the unsettled physics mix before the first day.

No issues at all. Just a lot of assumptions on your part, and on the parts of many people like you... like the assumption that just because things are happening the way they are today, that they always happened that way.

Cool

I think the term you are looking for is cognitive dissonance.

I don't think so. After all, you are the one who found it.     Cheesy
legendary
December 01, 2018, 01:03:42 PM
Again we see that mitochondrial DNA shows that people came from one man/woman combination 100,000 to 200,000 years ago. Animals show the same.

Did a mysterious extinction event precede Adam and Eve?

In one of the most provocative and misunderstood studies of the year, scientists in the U.S. and Switzerland have made an astonishing discovery: All humans alive today are the offspring of a common father and mother – an Adam and Eve – who walked the planet 100,000 to 200,000 years ago, which by evolutionary standards is like yesterday. Moreover, the same is true of nine out of every 10 animal species, meaning that nearly all of Earth’s creatures living today sprang into being recently from some seminal, Big Bang-like event.

Mark Stoeckle at Rockefeller University and David Thaler at the University of Basel reached this striking conclusion after analyzing the DNA “bar codes” of five million animals from 100,000 different species. The bar codes are snippets of DNA that reside outside the nuclei of living cells – so-called mitochondrial DNA, which mothers pass down from generation to generation.

With each reproduction, errors creep into the bar code, as they do when you repeatedly photocopy a document. By measuring the accumulated errors – the blurriness or “diversity” among the bar codes – scientists are able to infer the passage of time.

That’s how Stoeckle and Thaler concluded that ninety percent of all animal species alive today come from parents that all began giving birth at roughly the same time, less than a quarter-million years ago. “This conclusion is very surprising,” Thaler avers, “and I fought against it as hard as I could.”

Cool

I thought your God implied that Earth is less than 10,000 years old.  He flooded the world to kill all fauna and flora, except the animals that were eating each other in a cesspool on the Noak's ark to restart humanity from one big incest party. LOL.

Does your God suffer from an Alzheimer's disease?

Is it possible that the facts are actually getting through to you?

Why do you think things about God like those? Oh, of course. You have your own religion.

Haven't you read the Bible? God didn't imply that the earth is less than 10,000 years old. He said it, albeit not directly. Before the creation of light, time and days were not set in place so that years can be understood as years. Since the first day, the Bible shows us there has been less than 7,000 years.

You suffer from spiritual blindness.

Cool

100,000 > 7,000

No issues?  Not one?

Just because I post an article doesn't mean that I am acknowledging it to be 100% factually true.

The scientists in the article are simply included the multi-billion-year standard universe age in their findings. Their idea wasn't to refute the standard age. Their idea was to refute the man/animal, standard, evolution times.

In the article one of the scientists said he fought his own findings with all his strength, but couldn't find any way around what he had discovered. In other words, standard evolution doesn't know what it is talking about. And further scientific investigation is proving it.

Ultimately, when science investigates far enough, they will find that the universe is less than 7,000 years old. And that the physics mixture that is beyond (before?) the first day, can't be understood by the organized physics that we have today. In fact, that is the big reason why honest scientists think that the universe is billions of years old... the unsettled physics mix before the first day.

No issues at all. Just a lot of assumptions on your part, and on the parts of many people like you... like the assumption that just because things are happening the way they are today, that they always happened that way.

Cool

I think the term you are looking for is cognitive dissonance.
legendary
December 01, 2018, 12:31:21 PM
Again we see that mitochondrial DNA shows that people came from one man/woman combination 100,000 to 200,000 years ago. Animals show the same.

In one of the most provocative and misunderstood studies of the year, scientists in the U.S. and Switzerland have made an astonishing discovery: All humans alive today are the offspring of a common father and mother – an Adam and Eve – who walked the planet 100,000 to 200,000 years ago, which by evolutionary standards is like yesterday. Moreover, the same is true of nine out of every 10 animal species, meaning that nearly all of Earth’s creatures living today sprang into being recently from some seminal, Big Bang-like event.

Mark Stoeckle at Rockefeller University and David Thaler at the University of Basel reached this striking conclusion after analyzing the DNA “bar codes” of five million animals from 100,000 different species. The bar codes are snippets of DNA that reside outside the nuclei of living cells – so-called mitochondrial DNA, which mothers pass down from generation to generation.

With each reproduction, errors creep into the bar code, as they do when you repeatedly photocopy a document. By measuring the accumulated errors – the blurriness or “diversity” among the bar codes – scientists are able to infer the passage of time.

Cool

I thought your God implied that Earth is less than 10,000 years old.  He flooded the world to kill all fauna and flora, except the animals that were eating each other in a cesspool on the Noak's ark to restart humanity from one big incest party. LOL.

Why do you think things about God like those? Oh, of course. You have your own religion.

Haven't you read the Bible? God didn't imply that the earth is less than 10,000 years old. He said it, albeit not directly. Before the creation of light, time and days were not set in place so that years can be understood as years. Since the first day, the Bible shows us there has been less than 7,000 years.

Cool

100,000 > 7,000

No issues?  Not one?

Cool
legendary
December 01, 2018, 12:09:45 PM

Cool

Cool

100,000 > 7,000

No issues?  Not one?
legendary
October 18, 2018, 08:48:51 PM

Science says it's random, you claim it's not, so you have to prove it.

Blah, blah, blah. Science says that they don't know that it is random.

Evolution is a hoax.

Cool

No, not bla bla,

''During a measurement, on the other hand, the change of the initial wave function into another, later wave function is not deterministic, it is unpredictable (i.e., random). A time-evolution simulation can be seen here.[39][40]''

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_mechanics

Unless you think quantum mechanics is also a hoax, at this point all science will be!!

When you read the article, science theory is mentioned at least several times. It is the nature of science theory to be a best science found up to that time. So, we don't know that pure random exists.

The idea of "unpredictable" means that they haven't been able to predict something with the knowledge and equipment that they have.

The "random" mentioned above isn't clear enough to know whether or not it is pure random, or random as used 200 years ago.

Quantum Mechanics, by its nature, can be used to find whatever answer you are looking for, if you work at it hard enough. This means that if pure random was determined by QM, the opposite of it could be determined as well.

This puts us right back where we were were before... countless numbers of proven C&E, but not one proven instance of pure random. This means that evolution is questionable, at best - or it would be if it hadn't been prove impossible by a bunch of other science. Since evolution is touted as fact when it is not known to be factual...

Evolution is a hoax.

Cool

later wave function is not deterministic, it is unpredictable (i.e., random).

Actually, it's pretty clear, explained 3 different ways. Not deterministic, unpredictable and random, if you don't know what it means, use a dictionary Cool

He is barking up the wrong tree.  He should just let it go.  Bible details cannot be defended.  It is like defending the Flat Earth concept.

If he wants, he can believe in some pantheistic God that nobody can prove or disprove, but the God in the Bible?  Sorry, all these scriptures are full of historical errors, pure supernatural nonsense, or self-contradictions.  All these Gods are the product of human imagination.

He jumps on the Evolution Theory because his church buddies came up with some silly reasons to say it is a hoax.

Let him say that the Evolution Theory is a hoax and we can all move on.  He is a disturbed individual.

Anyone who actually looked at the scientific evidence knows that it is as close to a fact as 2+2=4

legendary
December 01, 2018, 12:07:51 PM

Cool

Cool
legendary
December 01, 2018, 11:58:19 AM

Cool

legendary
December 01, 2018, 11:49:53 AM

Cool
legendary
November 25, 2018, 04:47:15 PM
Yes, this is a scam of human beings. The current system is not suitable for everyone to become a smart person, otherwise the world will not be able to distribute wealth. Human beings are really terrible animals. How could it be that monkeys evolved? I never believed Darwin. Evolution theory.

Right! If you haven't seen these points, yet, look here

So, how can we tell that evolution is factual? We can't duplicate all the forces involved, because we don't know them. But if we knew them, we still wouldn't even know how to measure all of them. But if we could measure all of them in the present, what does that have to do with the DNA measurements we would need from countless creatures over the thousands of years that evolution supposedly took place in the past? But even if we were able to take these DNA measurements from the distant past, we would still have to find a chain of DNA changes over thousands of years, that would provide a truly beneficial change in some creature by turning it into a better creature. If we don't find this stuff, we don't know that evolution happened. But even if we know that evolving does happen, we would need this stuff to show that evolution was a substantial reason for some of the creatures that we have. And if we found out that it was, we would still have to determine that there wasn't some form of creation or something else... just to say that evolution was how it all happened.

Cool
Activity: 385
Merit: 10
November 24, 2018, 05:16:20 AM
Yes, this is a scam of human beings. The current system is not suitable for everyone to become a smart person, otherwise the world will not be able to distribute wealth. Human beings are really terrible animals. How could it be that monkeys evolved? I never believed Darwin. Evolution theory.
legendary
November 06, 2018, 07:45:29 PM
I think that the story that we are descended from monkeys is a lie that was invented by people who want to hide the truth from us. People can only come from people.
Yeah? And what story would that be?
Evolution doesn’t say we “descended from monkeys”...
The T of E says monkeys and humans (along with all other organisms) evolved from a common ancestor.
Get educated.

Science fiction writers basically use the evolution science fiction because it sounds neat. People seem to like the idea. But there isn't any proof for evolution theory evolution.

Evolution is a hoax.

Cool
legendary
Activity: 3388
Merit: 3514
born once atheist
November 06, 2018, 02:01:16 PM
I think that the story that we are descended from monkeys is a lie that was invented by people who want to hide the truth from us. People can only come from people.
Yeah? And what story would that be?
Evolution doesn’t say we “descended from monkeys”...
The T of E says monkeys and humans (along with all other organisms) evolved from a common ancestor.
Get educated.
Activity: 1624
Merit: 645
November 06, 2018, 09:41:23 AM
"Natural selection" is not evolution, but merely adaptation. And it still remain bacteria, no formations of a monkey man, lol.

Adapting to something is one thing, however if that adaption is passed through generations, then it is evolution, pretty simple to understand.
brand new
Activity: 0
Merit: 0
November 05, 2018, 04:39:11 PM
The plan worked for several reasons. To begin, the perpetrator knew what he was doing – lots of convincing "confirmatory evidence" was included with the hoax itself. Second, the idea of human evolution from ape-like ancestors was fairly new and ideas were emerging and developing rapidly. Charles Darwin had died just 30 years earlier. But most importantly, the Piltdown hoax was born in the midst of a perfect storm of events in and out of science. Notably, this involved the buildup to the First World War, which happened to overlap with discoveries of major import to paleoanthropology occurring in German lands, and elsewhere around the globe.
Activity: 978
Merit: 506
November 05, 2018, 08:32:14 PM
"Natural selection" is not evolution, but merely adaptation. And it still remain bacteria, no formations of a monkey man, lol.

Activity: 33
Merit: 26
November 05, 2018, 08:24:34 PM
To the pro evolution people on this forum, I would like to ask a question and that’s why hasn’t there been an remarkable form of evolution in the last 1000 years.

There have.  Antibiotic resistance is a form of evolution by natural selection.  New "superbugs" are forming at an alarming rate due to the increase in use of antibiotics.  Our old antibiotics don't work against the evolved bacteria.  

In before "micro vs macro" evolution comment gets made. It is amazing you see the same arguments on both sides come up on this issue on every forum.
bitcointalk, yahoo groups, news:talk.origins, etc etc. I wish these arguments would evolve...  Grin
Pages:
Jump to: