Pages:
Author

Topic: Evolution is a hoax - page 84. (Read 108030 times)

legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
February 28, 2018, 05:08:09 PM
Give me articles that are unbiased that shows a new informations are coming from mutations. I just warn you - do not give me the rats that are naturally somewhat resistant to pesticides so that and bacterias that are already somewhat although limited resistance to antibiotics. The mutations are not giving more informations it just makes the informations more readily available by making other information less neccesary so to speak.

Do not give me articles about the resistance to anemia. I know all about 3 of those seemingly new informations that are not new informations but decrease in genetic information.

Do not give me these proven examples of evolution because I don't like them? Lol?

Anyway, haemoglobin (the compound in your blood that carries oxygen) evolved from a duplication mutation.

Storz JF, Opazo JC, Hoffmann FG. Gene duplication, genome duplication, and the functional diversification of vertebrate globins. Mol Phylogenet Evol. 2013 Feb; 66(2): 469–478.

Except that nobody knows that haemoglobin evolved.    Cool
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 18706
February 28, 2018, 05:07:35 PM
I did just give you some "actual mutation" (emphasis added):

Hemoglobine already existed - it is the reason you can breath.... So well.... If it's mutated it would be faaaaar away in time, and to prove that one would need to prove the theory of evolution was true...

That is a circular logic. You can not be serious to give me such logical fallacies and be happy with it.......

Im fairly sure it is a fascinating reading..... but come on.... Just because someone that is aproved by the group think wrote that means absolutely and completly nothing if it is a pure example of classical group biases.

If scientist would wrote that your head should be chopped off and he would be peer-reviewed. Would you believe it?

That could be true that your head should be chopped off - but its highly unlikely.

First, it didn't. The paper describes how it evolved. You clearly didn't even read it.

Secondly, haemoglobin binds oxygen. To say it is the "reason you can breath" is a gross oversimplification that suggest you do not understand biology in addition to evolution.

Thirldy, it is not circular logic whatsoever. It is clear evidence of evolution, regardless of how hard you pretend it isnt'.

Fourthly, you dismiss it without even reading it. Hilarious.

Honestly, I thought we were about to make progess. Shame that your creationism indoctrination won't even allow you to consider the evidence. Seriously, you didn't even read it before deciding it was wrong. You are a lost cause.
legendary
February 28, 2018, 05:06:07 PM
Again not true. There are up to 15 different genes controlling eye colour, and the colour in different species can come from a variety of pigments (of which melanin is one): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eye_color

Yes sure. That does not make my statement not true. Does it? Blue eye colour is the lack of melanine. I never stated that it is dependant on one gene.

You are arguing against a strawman. Maybe if you spent more time reading about evolution from scientific, unbiased sources to find out what it really is (i.e. not AnswersInGenesis or similar nonsense sites), you might find you start to understand it more.

Give me articles that are unbiased that shows a new informations are coming from mutations. I just warn you - do not give me the rats that are naturally somewhat resistant to pesticides so that and bacterias that are already somewhat although limited resistance to antibiotics. The mutations are not giving more informations it just makes the informations more readily available by making other information less neccesary so to speak.

Do not give me articles about the resistance to anemia. I know all about 3 of those simingly new informations that are not new informations but decrease in genetic information.

First give us your definition of information.

You do very well for somebody who doesn't have English as his first language. Check out the dictionary for the definition of information. Or are you trying to turn this thread into a semantics thread?

Cool
legendary
February 28, 2018, 05:02:25 PM
Go on and find some more evolution evidence. Go and build a stronger case against evolution with it. After all, you need to have a goal in life. Why not strengthen the proof that evolution doesn't exist, by going out and finding more evolution evidence that proves it?

So all the proof for evolution disproves evolution? This is the worst argument I've ever read on the topic, on this thread or anywhere else. The level of proof available for evolution is on par with level of proof we have for gravitational theory or the germ theory of disease i.e. unequivocal. Why not choose any one of the papers I've linked and offer a sound scientific rebuttal? If "more proof = less proof" is best argument you can come up with, I will continue to ignore your child-like posts.

Er... what proof? I'm still waiting for somebody to show us a point of proof for evolution.

List one simple evolution proof that is stated to be absolute proof by the evolution scientific community. And don't do like Astargath, copying and pasting a whole bunch of nonsense from some website, while barely being able to grasp what is being said. Rather, express a proof point in simple language, and then back it up with scientists and referrences that show evolution is absolutely proven by that point.

Cool
legendary
February 28, 2018, 04:56:34 PM
My point exactly, Astargath. Since Neanderthal brain size having to do with greater motor controls, and not with greater thinking ability, is simply talk, how do we really know about Neanderthals? We base this reasoning on the fact that Neanderthals didn't have a written or spoken language that we know of. But what if Neanderthals used ESP?

When you investigate ESP, you find that there are many (not a large percentage) scientists who have done experiments that seem to prove that some forms of ESP exists. Perhaps the lack of finding proof for evolution is really the beginning of accepting devolution. Neanderthals were simply advanced in such a way that they had ESP, and didn't have any need for language.

(Oops! Perhaps I should wait for Astargath's post before I start replying to it. Cheesy)

Cool

It's always funny when you use examples like those because Neanderthals (UK: /niˈændərˌtɑːl/, also US: /neɪ-, -ˈɑːn-, -ˌtɔːl, -ˌθɔːl/),[3][4] more rarely known as Neandertals,[a] were archaic humans that became extinct about 40,000 years ago.

You believe the earth and the universe are 6 to 10k years old. You don't believe that anymore?

Except for the FACT that distant past dating is like evolution... not proven to exist as stated. About prehistory dating, nobody comes out and says, "We know these dates for a fact." In fact, they say that they don't really know when they use the same kinds of limiting words and sentence structures as they do for evolution.

Neanderthals were simply an early form of human... early in the 6,000 year period of universe existence. What does the time period of Neanderthals have to do with evolution really being devolution? We aren't advancing. We are declining.

Cool
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
February 28, 2018, 04:39:22 PM

Hemoglobine already existed - it is the reason you can breath.... So well.... If it's mutated it would be faaaaar away in time, and to prove that one would need to prove the theory of evolution was true...

That is a circular logic. You can not be serious to give me such logical fallacies and be happy with it.......

Im fairly sure it is a fascinating reading..... but come on.... Just because someone that is aproved by the group think wrote that means absolutely and completly nothing if it is a pure example of classical group biases.

If scientist would wrote that your head should be chopped off and he would be peer-reviewed. Would you believe it?

That could be true that your head should be chopped off - but its highly unlikely.
legendary
February 28, 2018, 04:34:48 PM
I thought you would give me some actual mutation not just a guess what comes from what... Im disappointed.

The functional diversification of the vertebrate globin gene superfamily provides an especially vivid illustration of the role of gene duplication and whole-genome duplication in promoting evolutionary innovation. For example, key globin proteins that evolved specialized functions in various aspects of oxidative metabolism and oxygen signaling pathways (hemoglobin [Hb], myoglobin [Mb], and cytoglobin [Cygb]) trace their origins to two whole-genome duplication events in the stem lineage of vertebrates.

Whereas the Ngb, Adgb, and GbX genes originated prior to the divergence between deuterostomes and protostomes, the remaining members of the vertebrate globin gene repertoire are all products of vertebrate-specific duplication events

In the Hb gene lineage, a subsequent tandem gene duplication gave rise to the proto α- and β-globin genes. This duplication event appears to have occured roughly 450–500 million years ago in the Ordovician, before the ancestor of cartilaginous fish split from the lineage leading to the common ancestor of ray-finned fishes and tetrapods.

During the course of vertebrate evolution, the duplication event that gave rise to the progenitors of the Hb, Mb, and Cygb proteins opened up new opportunities for the evolution of aerobic energy metabolism in both jawed and jawless vertebrates. Moreover, the capacity to synthesize functionally distinct Hbs at different stages of development was made possible by repeated rounds of gene duplication in which newly created paralogs evolved new biochemical properties in conjunction with changes in the ontogenetic timing of expression.
February 28, 2018, 04:18:35 PM

Do not give me articles about the resistance to anemia. I know all about 3 of those seemingly new informations that are not new informations but decrease in genetic information.

Do not give me these proven examples of evolution because I don't like them? Lol?

Anyway, haemoglobin (the compound in your blood that carries oxygen) evolved from a duplication mutation.

Storz JF, Opazo JC, Hoffmann FG. Gene duplication, genome duplication, and the functional diversification of vertebrate globins. Mol Phylogenet Evol. 2013 Feb; 66(2): 469–478.

No... Because it was proven to prove nothing or rather disprove evolution. I am sincerly and honestly curious - I do not want to learn something I already know. Maybe you are not interested in truth and finding of another side - I am.

I just said about those findings to tell you - I know about them. If you would tell me about that - I would learn nothing - would I not? Use logic from time to time.

I thought you would give me some actual mutation not just a guess what comes from what... Im disappointed.

So ok you only have those 3 examples that I know of right? So you have nothing that I am not aware of. So you can not say I am ignorant about evolution if I anticipate your reaction fully.
legendary
February 28, 2018, 04:10:33 PM

February 28, 2018, 03:49:24 PM
Some mutations add information to a genome; some subtract it. By any reasonable definition, increases in information have been observed to evolve. We have observed the evolution of:

increased genetic variety in a population (Lenski 1995; Lenski et al. 1991)
increased genetic material (Alves et al. 2001; Brown et al. 1998; Hughes and Friedman 2003; Lynch and Conery 2000; Ohta 2003)
novel genetic material (Knox et al. 1996; Park et al. 1996)
novel genetically-regulated abilities (Prijambada et al. 1995)

Are those worthwhile to read? I hate people giving the books they had not read themselves? Is there an added information mutation that makes person more adapted or not? If so... name one. It should be easy if one would read it.

A mechanism that is likely to be particularly common for adding information is gene duplication, in which a long stretch of DNA is copied, followed by point mutations that change one or both of the copies. Genetic sequencing has revealed several instances in which this is likely the origin of some proteins. For example:

Ok... there could be added information... maybe. But what is the example of this? What is the added information that is useful - because that should be defined as information. A noise is just a noise. Do you know any example?

Because the example you copy pasted could as well be a reverse engineering. Lets look at the car for example. If you would take all of the unnecessary weight of a car you could say - hey... The car is faster. Yeah ok it is faster but only because you had left an engine and a wheels so it weights less. Do you understand?

You can easily mock the engineering process by reverse engineering.

Something that everyone would be convinced - hey yeah - That is the new possitive information. Basicly. More specificly - a new possitive information is something that was not there and is not just a noise but is possitive to the existance of the pull of informations of the object.
Activity: 1624
Merit: 645
February 28, 2018, 03:42:14 PM
Again not true. There are up to 15 different genes controlling eye colour, and the colour in different species can come from a variety of pigments (of which melanin is one): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eye_color

Yes sure. That does not make my statement not true. Does it? Blue eye colour is the lack of melanine. I never stated that it is dependant on one gene.

You are arguing against a strawman. Maybe if you spent more time reading about evolution from scientific, unbiased sources to find out what it really is (i.e. not AnswersInGenesis or similar nonsense sites), you might find you start to understand it more.

Do not give me articles about the resistance to anemia. I know all about 3 of those simingly new informations that are not new informations but decrease in genetic information.

February 28, 2018, 03:34:05 PM

Logically there should be some pigments for some animals to have yellow eyes and for them to glow. And the fact that the eye is blue must imply there is some other pigment in it. Sure. But still. That does not mean my statements were wrong.

February 28, 2018, 03:30:55 PM
My point exactly, Astargath. Since Neanderthal brain size having to do with greater motor controls, and not with greater thinking ability, is simply talk, how do we really know about Neanderthals? We base this reasoning on the fact that Neanderthals didn't have a written or spoken language that we know of. But what if Neanderthals used ESP?

When you investigate ESP, you find that there are many (not a large percentage) scientists who have done experiments that seem to prove that some forms of ESP exists. Perhaps the lack of finding proof for evolution is really the beginning of accepting devolution. Neanderthals were simply advanced in such a way that they had ESP, and didn't have any need for language.

(Oops! Perhaps I should wait for Astargath's post before I start replying to it. Cheesy)

Cool

It's always funny when you use examples like those because Neanderthals (UK: /niˈændərˌtɑːl/, also US: /neɪ-, -ˈɑːn-, -ˌtɔːl, -ˌθɔːl/),[3][4] more rarely known as Neandertals,[a] were archaic humans that became extinct about 40,000 years ago.

You believe the earth and the universe are 6 to 10k years old. You don't believe that anymore?
legendary
February 28, 2018, 03:04:23 PM
Go on and find some more evolution evidence. Go and build a stronger case against evolution with it. After all, you need to have a goal in life. Why not strengthen the proof that evolution doesn't exist, by going out and finding more evolution evidence that proves it?

So all the proof for evolution disproves evolution? This is the worst argument I've ever read on the topic, on this thread or anywhere else. The level of proof available for evolution is on par with level of proof we have for gravitational theory or the germ theory of disease i.e. unequivocal. Why not choose any one of the papers I've linked and offer a sound scientific rebuttal? If "more proof = less proof" is best argument you can come up with, I will continue to ignore your child-like posts.

Because everything I know of suggest mutations take away information.

Not true: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gene_duplication.

For example a blue eyes is not a special gene - it is a mutation of lacking enough melanine in the eye. It took away information and not make something new.

legendary
February 28, 2018, 02:07:42 PM

Cool
legendary
February 28, 2018, 01:54:25 PM
Evolution has never become a law like the Law of Gravity and the Law of Thermodynamics, which were discovered by great men of science who strongly believed in a Creator. Evolution cannot claim that science supports it because Christians who are deeply involved in the different fields of science also use the same evidence that they have. Christians just explain the evidence in light of a Creator. I had a Japanese student who told me that evolution was taught in Japan as if it was a fact, so she was surprised when I explained to her the other side of the story that wasn't explained to them.

Well, evolution is a fact, scientifically speaking it is considered a fact. A scientific theory will never become a law. Most Christians actually accept evolution.

Well, I agree that some Christians accept evolution. I, for one, accept evolution, but it's not the evolution that you accept. Knowledgeable Christians accept microevolution and not macro. Let me explain. Microevolution tells us that some changes, small to be exact, happen to species. These are also called genetic mutations. But it's not what the theory of evolution claims to be. The one that school teaches is macroevolution which has never been proven by observable science. Smiley Have you ever observed a frog becoming a bird? Or a chicken becoming a dinosaur? Or at least some species that move into that direction? Smiley

Well... You do not accept the theory of evolution then. Everybody accepts as you called it - microevolution because that is fact. There are no single creationist that I know of that does not accept as you have called it microevolution.

Microevolution is not based on mutations. Well it could be based on mutations on some level, some of the case, but most of time it is only based on selection - either by purposeful breeding or natural selection of existing sets of traits within the genome pool, because mutations carrying new informations have not been yet observed - there were only mutations that deleted the existing barriers.

Microevolution should not be called evolution because it is an adaption. Why not call it adaptation?

Or call it "change."

I'm not saying that evolution has been proven to NOT exist. All I am saying is that standard evolutionists ARE proving that it doesn't. I mean... all these mountains of evidences for, and yet no proof of.

Evolution is a hoax.

Cool

Yeah. Its highely unlikely that mutations had made new species. Because everything I know of suggest mutations take away information. For example a blue eyes is not a special gene - it is a mutation of lacking enough melanine in the eye. It took away information and not make something new. That is the same with white skin colour that lacks a colouring agent and not being a white colour agent.

The variation of the colour of the skin in humans is only based on one colour - brown. The same with eyes and hair. The hair are naturally white, unless they are browny coloured by melanine. The same with the eye without a melanine it is blue with a little melanine it is green and with a lot of melanine it is brown.

Darwin was calling white race superiourly evolved, but in some case - in this case melanine they degenerated by mutations. Thats all that happened. Maybe blacks have mutated in some other way but, none got better we all got worse it seems. The size of the brain suggest that compared to some old skulls.

Unless there is a stupidity gene or unglyness gene or rudeness gene we will not mutate for the better it all suggests.

Furthermore, consider the brain size of the Neanderthal. It was reasonably larger than that of average humans today. But Einstein's brain was 25% smaller than average brain size.

The point? Everything that has been determined by evolutionists might be backward. I mean, it isn't necessarily brain size that plays an important part in thinking. This means that all kinds of other things that are considered evolution evidence, might really be evidence against evolution in some not-easily-determined way.

Evolutionists don't really know that anything they say is correct. Evolution is a hoax.

Cool
February 28, 2018, 01:54:19 PM
Evolution has never become a law like the Law of Gravity and the Law of Thermodynamics, which were discovered by great men of science who strongly believed in a Creator. Evolution cannot claim that science supports it because Christians who are deeply involved in the different fields of science also use the same evidence that they have. Christians just explain the evidence in light of a Creator. I had a Japanese student who told me that evolution was taught in Japan as if it was a fact, so she was surprised when I explained to her the other side of the story that wasn't explained to them.

Well, evolution is a fact, scientifically speaking it is considered a fact. A scientific theory will never become a law. Most Christians actually accept evolution.

Well, I agree that some Christians accept evolution. I, for one, accept evolution, but it's not the evolution that you accept. Knowledgeable Christians accept microevolution and not macro. Let me explain. Microevolution tells us that some changes, small to be exact, happen to species. These are also called genetic mutations. But it's not what the theory of evolution claims to be. The one that school teaches is macroevolution which has never been proven by observable science. Smiley Have you ever observed a frog becoming a bird? Or a chicken becoming a dinosaur? Or at least some species that move into that direction? Smiley

Well... You do not accept the theory of evolution then. Everybody accepts as you called it - microevolution because that is fact. There are no single creationist that I know of that does not accept as you have called it microevolution.

Microevolution is not based on mutations. Well it could be based on mutations on some level, some of the case, but most of time it is only based on selection - either by purposeful breeding or natural selection of existing sets of traits within the genome pool, because mutations carrying new informations have not been yet observed - there were only mutations that deleted the existing barriers.

Microevolution should not be called evolution because it is an adaption. Why not call it adaptation?

Or call it "change."

I'm not saying that evolution has been proven to NOT exist. All I am saying is that standard evolutionists ARE proving that it doesn't. I mean... all these mountains of evidences for, and yet no proof of.

Evolution is a hoax.

Cool

Yeah. Its highely unlikely that mutations had made new species. Because everything I know of suggest mutations take away information. For example a blue eyes is not a special gene - it is a mutation of lacking enough melanine in the eye. It took away information and not make something new. That is the same with white skin colour that lacks a colouring agent and not being a white colour agent.

The variation of the colour of the skin in humans is only based on one colour - brown. The same with eyes and hair. The hair are naturally white, unless they are browny coloured by melanine. The same with the eye without a melanine it is blue with a little melanine it is green and with a lot of melanine it is brown.

Darwin was calling white race superiourly evolved, but in some case - in this case melanine they degenerated by mutations. Thats all that happened. Maybe blacks have mutated in some other way but, none got better we all got worse it seems. The size of the brain suggest that compared to some old skulls.

Unless there is a stupidity gene or unglyness gene or rudeness gene we will not mutate for the better it all suggests.

Some mutations add information to a genome; some subtract it. By any reasonable definition, increases in information have been observed to evolve. We have observed the evolution of:

increased genetic variety in a population (Lenski 1995; Lenski et al. 1991)
increased genetic material (Alves et al. 2001; Brown et al. 1998; Hughes and Friedman 2003; Lynch and Conery 2000; Ohta 2003)
novel genetic material (Knox et al. 1996; Park et al. 1996)
novel genetically-regulated abilities (Prijambada et al. 1995)

If these do not qualify as information, then nothing about information is relevant to evolution in the first place.

A mechanism that is likely to be particularly common for adding information is gene duplication, in which a long stretch of DNA is copied, followed by point mutations that change one or both of the copies. Genetic sequencing has revealed several instances in which this is likely the origin of some proteins. For example:
Two enzymes in the histidine biosynthesis pathway that are barrel-shaped, structural and sequence evidence suggests, were formed via gene duplication and fusion of two half-barrel ancestors (Lang et al. 2000).
RNASE1, a gene for a pancreatic enzyme, was duplicated, and in langur monkeys one of the copies mutated into RNASE1B, which works better in the more acidic small intestine of the langur. (Zhang et al. 2002)
Yeast was put in a medium with very little sugar. After 450 generations, hexose transport genes had duplicated several times, and some of the duplicated versions had mutated further. (Brown et al. 1998)
The biological literature is full of additional examples. A PubMed search (at http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi) on "gene duplication" gives more than 3000 references.

According to Shannon-Weaver information theory, random noise maximizes information. This is not just playing word games. The random variation that mutations add to populations is the variation on which selection acts. Mutation alone will not cause adaptive evolution, but by eliminating nonadaptive variation, natural selection communicates information about the environment to the organism so that the organism becomes better adapted to it. Natural selection is the process by which information about the environment is transferred to an organism's genome and thus to the organism (Adami et al. 2000).

The process of mutation and selection is observed to increase information and complexity in simulations (Adami et al. 2000; Schneider 2000)
February 28, 2018, 01:27:27 PM

Or call it "change."

Evolution is a hoax.

Cool

legendary
February 28, 2018, 01:08:49 PM

Or call it "change."

Evolution is a hoax.

Cool
February 28, 2018, 01:03:46 PM

Pages:
Jump to: