Pages:
Author

Topic: Exchange or Wallet? - page 101. (Read 8740 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 100
March 17, 2018, 09:48:13 AM
I have a question.

What is better? To keep your coins on some Exchange site or to open wallets for each coin?

I would like to hear some advice.  What are pros & cons of each option?

Thanks
If you are constantly trading, then of course it's better to exchange, for faster operations. If you keep money for a long a then wallet, because it isn't known what will happen to the exchange or the government will close or some restrictions will be introduced
Activity: 280
Merit: 15
Pool of Stake
March 17, 2018, 09:38:13 AM
I have a question.

What is better? To keep your coins on some Exchange site or to open wallets for each coin?

Thanks

It is important to know when to do what. If you are hodling long term, a wallet is safe and will provide the best solution, but if you are a trader, wallets are just not the right tool for your business.
Activity: 392
Merit: 101
March 17, 2018, 05:44:21 AM
Wallet for sure. Preferably hardware like Trezor or Ledger nano if we are talking about large amounts.
It is better to pay once and be calm.
Activity: 280
March 17, 2018, 05:07:07 AM
Exchange is the most secured to hold your coins because in wallet i have issued that my coins hacked.

The opposite is true Grin As long as you keep your private key safe and uncompromised the wallet is fine. There are some other steps required to take to make sure your wallet won't be hacked like secure your PC.
I don't trust any exchange for there are plenty of them and new ones pop up every day. No one can guarantee any exchange is safe.
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1008
March 17, 2018, 04:17:31 AM
Exchange is not a wallet. its a simple exchange and always there is a risk of hacking and bankrupt.
Wallet is the right place to store your coins. Do you ever left your money in a exchange office in real world?
Activity: 378
Merit: 10
March 17, 2018, 04:05:17 AM
Exchange is the most secured to hold your coins because in wallet i have issued that my coins hacked.
Activity: 364
Merit: 13
March 17, 2018, 04:02:54 AM
my suggest to you the safest to keep your coins is in the exchange, I keep my coins in my wallet but my wallet get hacked and now my coins gone.
Activity: 392
Merit: 152
March 17, 2018, 03:49:53 AM
I have a question.

Thanks
If you have lots of fund in cryptocurrency and intend to hold for long, I'd suggest you keep them in your wallet.
Otherwise, you can keep them in some reliable exchange.
Activity: 812
March 17, 2018, 03:44:48 AM
I have a question.

Thanks
It's up to you where you want put your coins but do you think its safe if you put in exchange because sometimes exchange is possible to hack of hackers. So I suggest use hard wallet so your coins are safe.
Activity: 546
Merit: 250
March 17, 2018, 03:33:01 AM
I have a question.

Thanks

I think it depends on what you are doing.
if you are a trader, surely better keep in exchange because you will use it more as trading material. but if you are targeting for a long time. you better put in the wallet because it is more secure.
Activity: 266
Merit: 101
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
March 17, 2018, 03:30:24 AM
Long-term investors do not trade. So there is no need to keep coins in the stock market. The wallet is safer and should be kept in your wallet. If you do make trading, keep them in exchanges and online wallets Smiley

I dont think so, even long term hodler needs to swing trade sometimes
I personally keep my coins in both wallets, small amount in exchanges for trading purposes and the rest in hardware wallet
Activity: 630
Merit: 258
March 17, 2018, 02:36:01 AM
These both things are the ways in order to obtain a huge amount of income but it will be more convenient if you do these things both.
Having a wallet will increase the value even though you do not do nothing from it. Another in exchange you can obtain a easy money in just short period of time and it really gives a huge income.
Activity: 170
Merit: 0
March 16, 2018, 08:25:55 AM
I prefer to put a wallet as long as the wallet is safe and no one knows the key.
depending on their beliefs respectively
Activity: 149
Merit: 0
March 16, 2018, 08:19:54 AM
 wallets offer more security to your cryptocurrency and the ability to control what happens to them. something that exchange doesn't do very well, i believe security of our investments should be given top priority therefore wallet is preferable,
Activity: 266
March 16, 2018, 07:50:36 AM
Exchanges should be safer than local wallets, because exchanges are safer than their computers, and local wallets are more vulnerable to hackers.

Activity: 167
The Future of Decentralized Financial Services
March 16, 2018, 07:41:57 AM
I have a question.

Thanks
Keeping a crypto currency on the exchange is much more convenient - You do not need to create a separate wallet for each type cryptocurrency.. Many people consider this method risky. But as for me hacking exchanges - single occurrences. The main thing is to choose a good exchange, and use all the functions of security.  Wink
Activity: 380
March 16, 2018, 07:29:31 AM
Long-term investors do not trade. So there is no need to keep coins in the stock market. The wallet is safer and should be kept in your wallet. If you do make trading, keep them in exchanges and online wallets Smiley
Activity: 224
March 16, 2018, 07:24:22 AM
  The whole question is, what do you need coins for?
I, for example, tried to translate coins on a purse and then for sale back to the exchange, but now I keep on stock exchanges
and only coins that I will not sell for two years or more are on purses.

Trade deposit only on the exchange so as not to overpay for commissions and save time.
The most important thing is to choose reliable exchange with a good reputation.
Activity: 326
March 16, 2018, 07:18:13 AM
I use more exchangers than wallet. well, it's because of its more practical use. well but it all depends on the user. each person has a different purpose, so using exchange or wallet I think it's the same.
Activity: 203
Merit: 3
March 16, 2018, 07:05:47 AM
 I think wallet is more convenient and secure as compared to exchange, wallet gives you access to your coins at anytime, ant the ability to control and monitor the proceedings of your investment
Pages:
Jump to: