Pages:
Author

Topic: Exchange or Wallet? - page 100. (Read 8740 times)

Activity: 98
Merit: 0
March 18, 2018, 03:08:10 PM
Never store your assets on an exchange:
Every few months you hear of another bitcoin, ethereum exchange that has been hacked somewhere in the world. There are more and more exchanges, and that means there are a growing number of targets for hackers. Hackers know that exchanges are mostly honey-pots, filled with private user information, and more importantly bitcoin that can be virtually instantly stolen and transferred away to an anonymous wallet.
Activity: 101
Merit: 0
March 18, 2018, 03:07:53 PM
The best way is to store it in your own wallet. Exchanges can get hacked and you do not have full control over it.
Activity: 546
Merit: 1
March 18, 2018, 12:00:31 PM
i recommend keep all coin in wallet. i think wallet is more safety and because i am long term coin holder. however i using exchange for some needs but not put much in there.
Activity: 322
Merit: 2
March 18, 2018, 09:28:17 AM
It is better to save your coin or token in your wallet, either online or offline rather than exchanges.
There are some instances that the exchanges was hacked and lost the investors money. It is safer to keep it in your wallet because you are the only one who hold your private key or whatever you use to access your wallet. You just must be very carefull in keeping it because some accidentaly posted their private key in public. Still, wallet is safer than exchanges.
Activity: 145
Merit: 3
March 18, 2018, 09:16:09 AM
Keep most of your coins in your wallet, don't keep them on exchange.

It's not safe to keep them in exchange, the coin in the exchange just is a IOU.

You will never know when the exchange going to be scam or being hacked.
Activity: 120
Merit: 7
March 18, 2018, 09:10:20 AM
If you hold currencies for a long-term investing, the wallet is the best option because of it's safety. Most of the founders of exchanges say it's not so good to hold crypto on exchange. Remember the MtGox... But if you trade often, you may lose many funds by sending crypto to the wallet and back.
Activity: 987
Merit: 289
Blue0x.com
March 18, 2018, 08:57:59 AM
my suggest to you the safest to keep your coins is in the exchange, I keep my coins in my wallet but my wallet get hacked and now my coins gone.

I must say, that is the stupidest advice anyone could give to any crypto person. Thee one who taught you that may be a person that is in a different level of stupidity or has a master's degree on being stupid. You can never lose your coins easily on a wallet if you are very careful with all your possessions or coins. clearly, you were careless and haven't taken the time to read on what precautionary things you should do to keep your coins safe. You should read more. Putting all your possessions on an exchange is like giving control to your funds to other people or just like handing your money to the banks that can change terms whenever they want to and gives you no choice but to agree to them since your possessions are in their hands. Read more man.
Activity: 470
Merit: 12
March 18, 2018, 07:17:22 AM
I would go for a wallet. If you put your tokens on an exchange, you are not an owner of your coins anymore. Thus, you might be a victim of any kind of attacks from the side of hackers, as they are targets of their attacks quite frequently. If it was successful, you rely on compensation from the exchange, and if a lot of funds were stolen, there is a chance that the exchange doesn't have to survive it.

The exchange should serve just for exchanging coins. If you are a day trader, nevermind, but remember that it can lead to several problems at any time and therefore it is considered more risky than having them in your own wallet.
Activity: 454
Merit: 13
March 18, 2018, 06:55:17 AM
People use both and both work well. Both can get hacked, so there is no clear advantage. If you remember, a lot of people's wallets have been hacked but so have exchanges which meant people's coins were gone. It is unlikely they can get them back. But if you follow correct procedures most of the time you should be safe.
Activity: 350
Merit: 10
March 18, 2018, 06:51:52 AM
Keep on the stock exchanges only the money that you trade, put the rest to your wallets for keeping.

if you plan to long-term hold your coins well, you should keep it in their specific wallet and note that you will be rewarded if it has a balance. But if you really want to do day trading or short term trading of currency exchange will be the best to keep because of the cost.
Activity: 364
Merit: 100
March 18, 2018, 05:19:16 AM
for better you also Keep in wallet for security for your koin. But if you want to trade your coins then obviously an exchange. If you want to hold then wallet is best, total control over your assets on your hand because you have the keys to access wallet. my opinion Wallet is more safer then an exchange.
Activity: 287
March 18, 2018, 05:12:22 AM
Maybe we choose both because it depend in situation stock exchange if my coins are not for long term investment but if i want to keep i can hold my coins

I do not trust exchanges, if you want to keep your coins for longer than day or two, it's better to use a wallet. You can use one multi-currency wallet for keeping several different coins, no need to open many separate wallets.
March 18, 2018, 02:12:28 AM
As of now that I am very new in this forum I would rather store my token in my wallet because it is early to transact for exchange because of little amount of token I have.
March 18, 2018, 02:07:44 AM
It depend on you are long term or short investing. If you are a long term investor i advise you should store all coin which you buy in your wallet, this will safer than exchange.
Activity: 406
Merit: 109
March 18, 2018, 01:46:20 AM
I have a question.

What is better? To keep your coins on some Exchange site or to open wallets for each coin?

I would like to hear some advice.  What are pros & cons of each option?

Thanks

It depends over your requirement. In case you are keeping coins over a long term hold, its always better to keep them secure in the hardware wallet, however if you are keeping tokens to day trade, its better to have them in exchange.
Activity: 340
Merit: 100
March 18, 2018, 01:43:45 AM
If I personally maybe I will exchange some of it, some of it will probably be stored in my wallet.
Activity: 644
Merit: 101
March 17, 2018, 11:19:41 PM
I prefer to keep all my coins in exchange but not in 1 exchange, at the moment i used 7 different exchange just want to be more safe, because keep all money in 1 exchange is risky, and by keep in different exchange i can trade it for day trading or swing trading in efisien. Although keep in exchange more risky than in wallet but my purpose to get profit from trading.
Activity: 392
Merit: 152
March 17, 2018, 08:42:02 PM
Exchange is not a wallet. its a simple exchange and always there is a risk of hacking and bankrupt.
Wallet is the right place to store your coins. Do you ever left your money in a exchange office in real world?

Totally agree! If nobody steal it, then you just can loose it, because the exchange not listed coin any more.
Generally speaking, it doesn't happen that way.
If an exchange decide to remove some coin from its trading list, it will give you enough time to withdraw your coins.
Activity: 109
Merit: 4
March 17, 2018, 04:06:19 PM
Exchange is not a wallet. its a simple exchange and always there is a risk of hacking and bankrupt.
Wallet is the right place to store your coins. Do you ever left your money in a exchange office in real world?

Totally agree! If nobody steal it, then you just can loose it, because the exchange not listed coin any more.
Activity: 168
Merit: 2
March 17, 2018, 03:53:10 PM
I think even it is not necessary to think about it, of course the wallet will be the best option!
the stock exchange can collapse at any moment, and as experience shows, there may be problems!
the main thing is to choose a good and safe wallet
Pages:
Jump to: