Pages:
Author

Topic: FAIRLAY - SPORTS BETTING for experts - highest liquidity, provably best odds - page 55. (Read 135445 times)

Activity: 473
Merit: 252
please do not contact us here via PM.
@Samarkand  - all our focus is on the new site right now.  After that we will look deeper into it.

All withdrawals are currently halted  as someone sent funds to our dispute address.  We will look into the raised issue within the next 24 hours.
Activity: 658
Merit: 282
Good idea.  We thought about it.  We would have to convert the altcoin to bitcoin and when you exchange currencies there are always fees.  But if you only deposit 10mBTC, these fees would probably be lower than Bitcoin transaction fees right now.  

Anyway, we hope the community will get rid of Core devs like Luke Jr and Greg Maxwell who promote full blocks and high fees.   It's a real pitty that most Core devs have no knowledge of and no feeling for business and economics and are also too arrogant to listen to the most successful business men in the space.  

By limiting the supply for onchain transactions  they also stall the demand for it, because people will use alternatives.  Every drug dealer knows, that you first have to provide a cheap and large supply before you can expect high demand.    The self-righteous  behaviour of Blockstream is hindering the growth of the network and also the amount of transaction fees in the future and therefor the security of Bitcoin.

Lightning network is a good idea and we think it should be tried. But every business man knows, that the path from a good idea to a product that can and will be used by millions is a long and difficult one.   Unfortunately Core devs are horrible entrepeneurs, their Company generates a loss of about 1m per month with no light at the end of the tunnel.  We are again asking all our customers not to trust Core with any economic decisions.

I´m glad you are considering it.

This is simply a big problem for small deposits if the bitcoin transaction fee is developing like this:
https://bitinfocharts.com/comparison/bitcoin-transactionfees.html
Activity: 159
Merit: 103
Placed a bet  Kevin Krawietz vs. Andrej Mart...   2.220   Kevin Krawietz   Yes   19.10   1 hour, 29 minutes   0 minutes

When will it be settled?
Activity: 305
Merit: 250
Prices are about the same?! @8xbt.com

I think so, just very slight difference right now. More terrorist attack should favour Corbyn now. Really not much correlation with bitcoin issue.
Activity: 464
New UX when  Huh

betmoose and bitbet are rather primitive betting sites. Betfair, Betdaq, Smarkets and so on are more serious ones.

If by primitive you mean usable without needing a tutorial, then yes, they're primitive. You should make your own website fairlay.com more primitive.

I find it hard to believe that you would bet without understanding backing/laying decimal odds.
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
betmoose and bitbet are rather primitive betting sites. Betfair, Betdaq, Smarkets and so on are more serious ones.

If by primitive you mean usable without needing a tutorial, then yes, they're primitive. You should make your own website fairlay.com more primitive.
Good idea.  We thought about it.  We would have to convert the altcoin to bitcoin and when you exchange currencies there are always fees.  But if you only deposit 10mBTC, these fees would probably be lower than Bitcoin transaction fees right now.  

Anyway, we hope the community will get rid of Core devs like Luke Jr and Greg Maxwell who promote full blocks and high fees.   It's a real pitty that most Core devs have no knowledge of and no feeling for business and economics and are also too arrogant to listen to the most successful business men in the space.  

By limiting the supply for onchain transactions  they also stall the demand for it, because people will use alternatives.  Every drug dealer knows, that you first have to provide a cheap and large supply before you can expect high demand.    The self-righteous  behaviour of Blockstream is hindering the growth of the network and also the amount of transaction fees in the future and therefor the security of Bitcoin.

Lightning network is a good idea and we think it should be tried. But every business man knows, that the path from a good idea to a product that can and will be used by millions is a long and difficult one.   Unfortunately Core devs are horrible entrepeneurs, their Company generates a loss of about 1m per month with no light at the end of the tunnel.  We are again asking all our customers not to trust Core with any economic decisions.
Activity: 658
Merit: 282
Any plans to add other cryptos aside from BTC?
With the ongoing debates about scaling, blocksize and so on it might be worth thinking
about introducing other means of deposits.

This would also help with the rather high fees that are necessary in order
to make a deposit.

E.g. you are already down a few percent if you deposit like 10 mBTC into
Fairlay, simply due to the current level of BTC transaction fees.
This is not a problem with large deposits, but for small deposits this really
is a problem.

tl;dr: It would probably make sense to add at least another cryptocurrency  Grin

I know that your site has the general standard for most betting sites....

There's no similarity whatsoever between fairlay.com on the one hand and bitbet.us and betmoose.com on the other.

Prices are about the same?! @8xbt.com
Activity: 305
What is the reason for the price gap between Fairlay and Betfair for the May/Corbyn market? Is it something to do with bitcoin again?
I know that your site has the general standard for most betting sites....

There's no similarity whatsoever between fairlay.com on the one hand and bitbet.us and betmoose.com on the other.
legendary
Activity: 1868
Merit: 1023
Ok, thanks.  It would be good to rewrite the clause to say this in plain english.  I was looking for the clause, read it, and thought it meant that the bet wouldn't be accepted after its ending date.  English is my first language.
@nrd525   Most markets contain a clause which makes all bets void that were matched after the event happened.
legendary
Activity: 1868
Merit: 1023
I'm wondering - I think the condition for this market was met (Coindesk API price fell to 2069), and yet it is still trading at around 80%. 
https://fairlay.com/market/bitcoin-to-fall-below-2100-usd-before-august-1/

Is the condition met and people are just ignoring the free money?  Or am I missing something?
Activity: 10
Will your site ever have a tutorial and/or decent context-sensitive help?

We are currently working on a newly designed site.  Once it's ready tutorial videos are planned as well.

Yes this should of been added a long time ago. I come from a huge experience in trading the markets, binary options, trading cryptos but when I first went to your site, I had no idea what any of the buttons meant.

I know that your site has the general standard for most betting sites but if someone is completely new they have no idea if they are even playing their bets or calculating their odds correctly. Whether they are a market maker or taker.

Damm, came here to get an idea of what to do, and ask how

Cant find a basic explanation of layout and what different numbers mean
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses

We are currently working on a newly designed site.  Once it's ready tutorial videos are planned as well.

Yes this should of been added a long time ago. I come from a huge experience in trading the markets, binary options, trading cryptos but when I first went to your site, I had no idea what any of the buttons meant.

I know that your site has the general standard for most betting sites but if someone is completely new they have no idea if they are even playing their bets or calculating their odds correctly. Whether they are a market maker or taker.

Activity: 405
Hi Guys, can you please reconsider your upcoming fees on deposit and withdrawal? 0.5 mbtc for with a withdrawal is almost 1 $
Pages:
Jump to: