Pages:
Author

Topic: Fifth alt coin thread last four got too big. - page 30. (Read 47218 times)

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
How would you even "trade" your BCC?   There are only a few blocks a day.

Phil.   what is the best solo mining pool for litecoin?   does one even exist like ck's btc one?

The only one I know for LTC

http://mining.securepayment.cc/pools/litecoin/

They also did PPC  I hit 6 solo  blocks  of PPC  before I quit PPC mining.

http://mining.securepayment.cc/pools/ppcoin/

Are they honest or good I have no idea.

They have 20 + solo pools

In addition to

http://ltc.tbdice.org/

Nicehash also has solo pools for BTC, DASH and LTC

solo.nicehash.com

Used them for DASH solo a few times... not bad
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'

Phil.   what is the best solo mining pool for litecoin?   does one even exist like ck's btc one?

The only one I know for LTC

http://mining.securepayment.cc/pools/litecoin/

They also did PPC  I hit 6 solo  blocks  of PPC  before I quit PPC mining.

http://mining.securepayment.cc/pools/ppcoin/

Are they honest or good I have no idea.

They have 20 + solo pools
Activity: 264
Merit: 100
I know very little how it exactly works so maybe that's why I'm more cautious.

My main concern is that:
1; I will split coins
2; now I will sell Bitmain cash
3; I will still hold BTC
4; some time down the line BTC will disappear

I have 5 BTC  so now I will sell 5 Bitmain cash so will be left with 5 BTC.
2-3 months later my 5 BTC will disappear because Bitmain cash was somehow linked with my orig BTC.

This might be complete nonsense for what I know.

Still don't believe that someone is going to give me anything for free in today's world.   

don't know why but i have the same feeling, something seems weird about it all?!?   Huh
SVK
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
I know very little how it exactly works so maybe that's why I'm more cautious.

My main concern is that:
1; I will split coins
2; now I will sell Bitmain cash
3; I will still hold BTC
4; some time down the line BTC will disappear

I have 5 BTC  so now I will sell 5 Bitmain cash so will be left with 5 BTC.
2-3 months later my 5 BTC will disappear because Bitmain cash was somehow linked with my orig BTC.

This might be complete nonsense for what I know.

Still don't believe that someone is going to give me anything for free in today's world.   
Activity: 600
Merit: 261
I'm not splitting anything at the moment.
I simply do not believe that someone will GIVE you 000's for free.

Too good to be true.

No, it's real... at least with the BCH balances credited by Bittrex.  I just sold .75 BCH and got about .23 BTC for it. Technically, I could move that .23 BTC over to Coinbase right now and cash it out, so it is essentially free money.  The school of thought prior to the split seemed to be that logically, the combined value of BTC & BCH should be roughly equivalent to the pre-split value of BTC, which was about $2,800-$2,850.  However, that has clearly not been the case, at least not yet, since BTC is only down slightly to $2,700 but BCH, while starting to fall a bit, is still above $700, so combined value of $3,400, which is good 20% over BTC pre-split price.

What i find very interesting is the huge difference between BCH prices on Bitrex vs Kraken.  Bittrex has been running around $300 higher than Kraken for some reason. Just counting myself lucky that I had my little balance on Bittrex.
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
How would you even "trade" your BCC?   There are only a few blocks a day.

Phil.   what is the best solo mining pool for litecoin?   does one even exist like ck's btc one?

Minor....

check out

http://ltc.tbdice.org/

The OP there is "loshia"

its a ckpool powered, segwit and solo "merge" DOGE too

I got a few dozen solo rewards here in the past but I cannot compete with a 300GHs miner currently leaderboard there.
Activity: 600
Merit: 261
Yeah, the value of BCH is much higher than I expected at this point. I really thought it would bottom out under $100 after the first few hours of people dumping huge amounts to convert to BTC, but that didn't seem to happen.  I have most of my BTC & ETH on a Ledger Nano S, but I left about 1.5 BTC on Bittrex just to see what would happen with the split and to potentially dump BCH early on while it was still high (in my theory anyway).  Fortunately, I got tied up with work and couldn't monitor my Bittrex account closely and by the time i realized they had credited me with my 1.5 BCH, it was at about $350 so I just decided to leave it there and see what happens.  

Woke up the morning and saw it around $800 so I dumped half of it.  Crazy to see that it was actually over $1000 at one point but i was literally sleeping so missed that boat lol.  Very glad I moved nearly all my BTC off of Coinbase prior to this event... seems like there are a lot of people that either didn't read their notice or had trouble moving off their BTC and they are livid, accusing CB of stealing, etc, etc.  

As I understand it, my balance of BTC on my Nano should also get the equivalent BCH correct?   I read some press release indicating they would be adding BCH to their BTC wallet app but it wasn't clear if I had to do something manually to split the coins or if the BCH balance would show up automatically.
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 1019
Be A Digital Miner

SVK
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
I'm not splitting anything at the moment.
I simply do not believe that someone will GIVE you 000's for free.

Too good to be true.
legendary
Im sooo glad I never touched a foot into poloniex..... that's my only comment there.

Yobit gave me a 1:1 ratio of BCC to BTC for what I had in my BTC wallet on the exchange... too bad they haven't reloaded their hot wallet in a few weeks or I would have double what I have now....   (owed via signature campaign payments)

BCC seems to be trading wildly, but on the gradual uptick.  I also find it humorous that the BCT forum via the link up top is referring to it as BCH....

Im curious wherein it will finally lie;   as, its value just can't be fathomed up just like the FED does with cash....  its gotta come from "somewhere"...  So where it ends up coming from, is anyone's guess.

Quite a battle back and forth with BTC and BCC... lots of resistance from both sides to move upwards....  Im curious at how long they will hold each other back.

well I have 8 coins in a core 0.14.2 wallet  which is nice as in theroy

I now have 8 BTC and 8 BCC.

Since I can not deposit the BCC  into bittrex  I am leaving it alone.

I have not split the wallet.  BCC  got up to .43 BTC

So some serious money was made at bittrex if you left coins there. as they are letting you trade it.
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1166
My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?
Im sooo glad I never touched a foot into poloniex..... that's my only comment there.

Yobit gave me a 1:1 ratio of BCC to BTC for what I had in my BTC wallet on the exchange... too bad they haven't reloaded their hot wallet in a few weeks or I would have double what I have now....   (owed via signature campaign payments)

BCC seems to be trading wildly, but on the gradual uptick.  I also find it humorous that the BCT forum via the link up top is referring to it as BCH....

Im curious wherein it will finally lie;   as, its value just can't be fathomed up just like the FED does with cash....  its gotta come from "somewhere"...  So where it ends up coming from, is anyone's guess.

Quite a battle back and forth with BTC and BCC... lots of resistance from both sides to move upwards....  Im curious at how long they will hold each other back.
legendary
now comes fun  I have 8 in a core wallet

i should get  8 in btc and in  bcc

bcc is at .195  or 8 x .195 = 1.64 coins

bcc is near 540 usd  so 8 x 540 = 4k

btc is near 2700 usd and 8 x 2700 = 21.6k

link to setup recovery is here

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/aug-1-summary-2059111

legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
One of my US contacts text me that Poloniex rumored contemplating not doing business in the US due to investigations etc. -- can anyone verify?

I think they are up to something.  They have had terrible service for months not answering support tickets

For many of us.  I wonder if these are all USA based. I keep pennies well dollars there now under 25 and trade to btc then move to a wallet I own

Let me clear things up on Poloniex a bit.  No more trollbox, because of overload of negative comments and warnings.  Deposit problems, Withdrawal problems.  Virtually no support.  Terms of service have just been changed.  "This means that all claims other than intellectual property lawsuits, such as copyright or trademark infringement lawsuits, or claims seeking non-monetary relief would be subject to binding arbitration. This includes claims which may pre-date this agreement."  and "ADDITIONALLY, YOU HEREBY WAIVE YOUR RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT OR CLASS-WIDE ARBITRATION".

And most important, not a word on Bitcoin Cash, no credit for bitcoin so far on the exchange, nothing.  Moral of the story is :  You cannot give users Bitcoin Cash to users, if you do not have the underlying bitcoin private keys.  My 2cents.  My polo balance is 0.
legendary

just sharing

Like Phil, I got the Trezor too. I love it. Simple and Secure. Trezor is a SatoshiLabs company... LOL.... which also operates Slush Pool.

I admit that the only string push for me to get Trezors is this stupid 1st Aug fork drama.

Anyways, I like that Trezors focuses on the main coins only.

So I will use Trezor for the high value stash.

And maybe Nanos for alts.... but I see it only have Ripple .... I have 5 QT alt wallets like SIA, Stratis, UBIQ, Signatum, Digibyte that I put on a isolated PC (used Lenovo M2 Windows desktop) that runs and host only wallets for long term hodl.

Using a fast 500GB SSD that I make quick regular HDDRAW copy image backups. I recently move them from my iMac-27" which needs a RAM and SSD upgrade badly.

I recently took a position in NEO and its also hosted in the M2 desktop. I am worried now that putting all of these alt wallets in one place sounds like a good idea at first so that i could make central backup..... buts its also a single point of failure since the bad guys can just take over 1 PC....

Ya i feel like i need to make some changes to my setup also as im unsure if i can trust cloud drives, i currently dont have the issue of running something to gain PoS stakings, so all my wallets use seperate google cloud drives currently, since they are alt coins the drives are big enough to maintain the wallets folders. Currently when i want to access one i log into the seperate cloud drive via a different windows user login for that seperate wallet, let it sync up and do what i need at that time via the google cloud drive linked that the user account.

If you are in the USA I have 1 extra black trezor sealed

at cost it was 112 + 7 to ship 119 usd let me know I can send it via usps.com flat rate priority mail  will mail it out on weds if you pay by the morning.

send it here

1JdC6Xg3ajT3rge3FgPNSYYFpmf53Vbtje
Activity: 322
Merit: 233

just sharing

Like Phil, I got the Trezor too. I love it. Simple and Secure. Trezor is a SatoshiLabs company... LOL.... which also operates Slush Pool.

I admit that the only string push for me to get Trezors is this stupid 1st Aug fork drama.

And maybe Nanos for alts.... but I see it only have Ripple .... I have 5 QT alt wallets like SIA, Stratis, UBIQ, Signatum, Digibyte that I put on a isolated PC (used Lenovo M2 Windows desktop) that runs and host only wallets for long term hodl.

Using a fast 500GB SSD that I make quick regular HDDRAW copy image backups. I recently move them from my iMac-27" which needs a RAM and SSD upgrade badly.

I recently took a position in NEO and its also hosted in the M2 desktop. I am worried now that putting all of these alt wallets in one place sounds like a good idea at first so that i could make central backup..... buts its also a single point of failure since the bad guys can just take over 1 PC....

Ya i feel like i need to make some changes to my setup also as im unsure if i can trust cloud drives, i currently dont have the issue of running something to gain PoS stakings, so all my wallets use seperate google cloud drives currently, since they are alt coins the drives are big enough to maintain the wallets folders. Currently when i want to access one i log into the seperate cloud drive via a different windows user login for that seperate wallet, let it sync up and do what i need at that time via the google cloud drive linked that the user account.
legendary

Cons = cost 1 for 225 euro  long wait Early october.

pros = bigger screen for tired eyes   lots of wallets possible.

I can get 3 trezor for 270 euro  shipped to me in about 1week  .

to be fair I own 1 trezor and have three coming today.

I don't own a ledger wallet blue so I do not know if I would like it.

Phillip,

May i ask why you went Trezor route over other options like the ledger nano or what not? I dont currently have a hardware wallet, but looking to buy one and was thinking of getting the blue, because i have funds spread across over 30 alt coins currently

just sharing

The trezor was fast to ship.

The deluxe ledger is not till October .

Trezor is good for my wife in case something happens to me.

If I get a ledger I am not waiting months for one.
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
See TOP:

"News: ALL CLEAR: You can now use Bitcoin as you were previously. For more info, including how to claim your BCH (optional), see here."
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.20544752

Good read.

Looks like its business as usual....
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
so we are all well aware difficulty has spiked over the last day or so.  It's spiked harder than I would have expected.  3 rigs all RX 470/570/580 cards.  Previously i was making about 3.15 eth per month.  Looking @ numbers it looks like that is down to 2.5 eth per month.  I use ethermine as a pool.

I've seen you guys mention a few times using nicehash.  My struggle there is, if i switch to nicehash, and they end up mining ETH anyway, seems like a wasted effort.

Any advice from some of the veterans here?

It doesn't matter what Nicehash does with your hashrate - they're a market, you will get paid whatever the market is offering for that hashrate no matter where the "buyer" points the hashrate.

legendary
---- winter*juvia -----

Cons = cost 1 for 225 euro  long wait Early october.

pros = bigger screen for tired eyes   lots of wallets possible.

I can get 3 trezor for 270 euro  shipped to me in about 1week  .

Phillip,

May i ask why you went Trezor route over other options like the ledger nano or what not? I dont currently have a hardware wallet, but looking to buy one and was thinking of getting the blue, because i have funds spread across over 30 alt coins currently

just sharing

Activity: 322
Merit: 233

Cons = cost 1 for 225 euro  long wait Early october.

pros = bigger screen for tired eyes   lots of wallets possible.

I can get 3 trezor for 270 euro  shipped to me in about 1week  .

Phillip,

Pages:
Jump to: