Pages:
Author

Topic: Fifth alt coin thread last four got too big. - page 31. (Read 47218 times)

Activity: 284
Merit: 102
so we are all well aware difficulty has spiked over the last day or so.  It's spiked harder than I would have expected.  3 rigs all RX 470/570/580 cards.  Previously i was making about 3.15 eth per month.  Looking @ numbers it looks like that is down to 2.5 eth per month.  I use ethermine as a pool.

I've seen you guys mention a few times using nicehash.  My struggle there is, if i switch to nicehash, and they end up mining ETH anyway, seems like a wasted effort.

Any advice from some of the veterans here?
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
https://www.ledgerwallet.com/products/ledger-blue

thoughts on the ledger wallet blue?

Cons = cost 1 for 225 euro  long wait Early october.

pros = bigger screen for tired eyes   lots of wallets possible.

I can get 3 trezor for 270 euro  shipped to me in about 1week  .

to be fair I own 1 trezor and have three coming today.

I don't own a ledger wallet blue so I do not know if I would like it.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 487
YouTube.com/VoskCoin
https://www.ledgerwallet.com/products/ledger-blue

thoughts on the ledger wallet blue?

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
One of my US contacts text me that Poloniex rumored contemplating not doing business in the US due to investigations etc. -- can anyone verify?

I think they are up to something.  They have had terrible service for months not answering support tickets

For many of us.  I wonder if these are all USA based. I keep pennies well dollars there now under 25 and trade to btc then move to a wallet I own

There a new terms of conditions posted in their page now.... and sounds that they are changing their terms (too many legal big words in there) -- and basically saying if you dont agree you may close your account?!  Huh
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1710
Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.
BW.com hops into to the graphics card mining train with BW-E22 Miner.
Any thoughts?
Seems quite powerful.
It can be found at their Chinese main page.
https://www.bw.com/

Google translate:
Code:
Power supply: 1250W dedicated power supply (chassis external)
System power consumption: 800 ~ 900W
CPU: INTEL CELERON CPU G1840 @ 2.8G dual-core LGA1150
DDR: 4G DDR3 SO-DIMM
SSD: 64G high speed solid state hard drive
NIC: Gigabit Ethernet card
USB: 2 USB2.0
Graphics card: 6 NVIDIA GTX1060 6G Miner dedicated graphics
Display Output: HDMI (Motherboard)
Fan: 3 12038 4PIN server professional fan
Startup: Power on automatically starts
Operating system: WINDOWS 10 / LINUX
Chassis Size: 468mm X 341mm X 133mm
Calculus ETH: 140Mh / s soil 10%, single card 23 Mh / soil 10% s

it is all about price

what do they want for it?

Looks like they are now selling it for 2230 USD.
They made an announcement five hours ago.
Quote from: BW @Twitter
BW E22 GPU miner ready to ship! $2230! Please contact [email protected] for details!
https://twitter.com/www_bw_com/status/892311051382865920
legendary
One of my US contacts text me that Poloniex rumored contemplating not doing business in the US due to investigations etc. -- can anyone verify?

I think they are up to something.  They have had terrible service for months not answering support tickets

For many of us.  I wonder if these are all USA based. I keep pennies well dollars there now under 25 and trade to btc then move to a wallet I own
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
Man the more and more Vega news coming out, i feel like its literally an updated fury.....

True to a real degree on the basic design, but AMD supposedly HAS done some significant tweeking to the "under the hood" design - more than just a "die shrink".

The similarity however is real, the core of both is still the "designed around HBM" for all of it's pluses and minuses.

Activity: 322
Merit: 233
Do you plan to play a hold strategy or a day to day trading strategy ?

Is trezor able to handle alt coins ? (like Ledger Nano S do)

Trezor does only 5 wallets, BTC, DASH, LTC, ETH and ETC .... I recall

For other alt coins.... getting Nano is a good idea

At this juncture.... where crypto currency is slowly being regulated more and more, I think we need to have absolute control of our coins... so only hardware wallets will do

Im thinking of buying the ledger blue, from my understanding is it will support most alt coins.... can someone confirm this?
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----

Trezor does only 5 wallets, BTC, DASH, LTC, ETH and ETC .... I recall

For other alt coins.... getting Nano is a good idea

At this juncture.... where crypto currency is slowly being regulated more and more, I think we need to have absolute control of our coins... so only hardware wallets will do
legendary
Activity: 1096
Merit: 1021

I having second thoughts about this Vega lineup.....1070 and 1080ti are already king in ZEC and a whole bunch of ccminer algos.

Vega Gaming version even with fast HBM2 will be better?

Maybe a price tag of below $200 will change my mind...

Aren't you guys worried about the ZEC price because of speculation about the backdoor?

Are you holding all your ZEC or trading for something?

What backdoor is this?
I heard about jp morgan jumping onboard and buying up millions of tokens... but backdoor?

Rumors and speculations:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1677603.340

Based on two posts by one guy  that zec has a back door used to hack a companies server.

I quote this as I am going back to delete the original posts.  and it looks like I forgot to add that when I opened this thread.  So I may close thread as there are some other posts I am looking to delete.

Yeah I'm pretty sure that AlphaBay got busted because he leaked his email address when he first opened the forum section.
Activity: 501
Merit: 500

legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
My group have standardized all wallets to hardware wallets, using Trezor (and offline Core). We use Poloniex, Coinbase and Bitrex sparingly...

Portfolio = BTC, ETH, LTC, DASH, Cash, coins that have Masternodes/Dividends/POS, BTC to Gold, Silver and maybe a couple of long term alt-coins like the up and coming NEO.

I wouldn't dismiss BCC at this moment too, the more I think about it... the more I Understand the reasons why its vital to have a simple 8mb blocksize on the original BTC...... vs the Segwit proposal. For any reasons Segwit fails to perform what its suppose to do..... I am glad somebody had the cow sense to do a backup plan (BCC).

Once Segwit is in place... I have a strange feeling that the future of BTC is forever locked to the melo-drama and whims of with a group of people.... talk about decentralization!

I think those two banks are behind pressuring the US government crackdown on crypto exchanges, extra scrutiny and taxation.

Get your BTC out of exchanges fast.

Anyways, IMHO.... I think we need to step up and get a sizable portfolio in crypto currencies - that includes BTC too - mining or trading, or both, I think we are all in our all time best year to create wealth.

Mine on!

====
1F019216d07AF89184DCB3510719e4eF8f0c4A90

Maybe getting the BTC out of exchanges won't be enough. And some new habits will be required.
Any suggests ?

Per curiosity, what would you recommend as portfolio ?
Your team strategy is always interesting to listen.

Activity: 501
Merit: 500
I think those two banks are behind pressuring the US government crackdown on crypto exchanges, extra scrutiny and taxation.

Anyways, IMHO.... I think we need to step up and get a sizable portfolio in crypto currencies - that includes BTC too - mining or trading, or both, I think we are all in our all time best year to create wealth.

Mine on!

====

Maybe getting the BTC out of exchanges won't be enough. And some new habits will be required.
Any suggests ?

Per curiosity, what would you recommend as portfolio ?
Your team strategy is always interesting to listen.
legendary
Man the more and more Vega news coming out, i feel like its literally an updated fury.....

while we are on Vega.... there is even a fury x look alike - the one with the external cooler..... LOL

anyways.... its no secret that alot of banks are getting into crypto currency for the fear of getting left behind.

I know several people that became rich over night by trading alt coins.... and an industry that is hardly regulated like the stock market.... the JP Morgans and Goldman Sachs of the world... the are not going to do nothing and will use their full influence to get into the game. I think those two banks are behind pressuring the US government crackdown on crypto exchanges, extra scrutiny and taxation.

Mine on!

====

not looking to get rich quick.

but making money does work for me.
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----

while we are on Vega.... there is even a fury x look alike - the one with the external cooler..... LOL

anyways.... its no secret that alot of banks are getting into crypto currency for the fear of getting left behind.

I know several people that became rich over night by trading alt coins.... and an industry that is hardly regulated like the stock market.... the JP Morgans and Goldman Sachs of the world... the are not going to do nothing and will use their full influence to get into the game. I think those two banks are behind pressuring the US government crackdown on crypto exchanges, extra scrutiny and taxation.

Mine on!

====
legendary

I having second thoughts about this Vega lineup.....1070 and 1080ti are already king in ZEC and a whole bunch of ccminer algos.

Aren't you guys worried about the ZEC price because of speculation about the backdoor?

What backdoor is this?
I heard about jp morgan jumping onboard and buying up millions of tokens... but backdoor?

Rumors and speculations:

Based on two posts by one guy  that zec has a back door used to hack a companies server.

I quote this as I am going back to delete the original posts.  and it looks like I forgot to add that when I opened this thread.  So I may close thread as there are some other posts I am looking to delete.

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

What backdoor is this?

Rumors and speculations:

What backdoor is this?
Pages:
Jump to: