Pages:
Author

Topic: Fifth alt coin thread last four got too big. - page 35. (Read 47218 times)

legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1166
My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?
yeah, I agree citronick.
BCC is a lot more likable then the other options in my opinion;   mainly because it sticks to the original intent of BTC.

But;   they did make BCC have 8mb blocks;  so;  Im curious as to hoe much spam people will be hitting it with to try and make it fail;   since the spam will cost next to nothing (my best guess), they will probably do it just to push it further down the ladder of acceptance.

Had core just increased blocksize to 2mb-4mb;  we would not be enduring this retardedness.
legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
Bittrex has said that they will credit bcc 1:1 with btc and have a market for bcc I think.  then they will close the BCC market after a little while and that will be all.  bcc is simply an altcoin with an airdrop.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
I hope this 'Bitcoin Cash' fizzles rather quickly.  Yes, we'll have some extra coins on another chain, but BTC would be at A.T.H. at the moment, if it was not for this.  We've lost way more value in the last week since SegWit2x  has been activated, than Bitcoin cash will ever be worth.  Don't make this chapter prolonged by feeding into this craze...

Think about this before you chase any alt-BTC...

befor eyou choose core's route;  consider the original intentions of satoshi himself.

They have gone above and beyond what was in the scope of BTC just by adding segwit;  not to mention the retardation they call "2x".

Notice the lack of TX spam happening now?

Wheres the actual need for segwit?  Oah, that's right... there isn't.  There was only a need for a blocksize bump.  nothing more.

Wait for a flaw in segwit to be exploited... you'll see what I am talking about.

Bitcoin Cash may sound like a joke now.... but when shit hits the fan.... I bet we will be glad that someone had some cow sense to have a backup plan.
Activity: 615
Merit: 500
I hope this 'Bitcoin Cash' fizzles rather quickly.  Yes, we'll have some extra coins on another chain, but BTC would be at A.T.H. at the moment, if it was not for this.  We've lost way more value in the last week since SegWit2x  has been activated, than Bitcoin cash will ever be worth.  Don't make this chapter prolonged by feeding into this craze...

befor eyou choose core's route;  consider the original intentions of satoshi himself.

They have gone above and beyond what was in the scope of BTC just by adding segwit;  not to mention the retardation they call "2x".

Wheres the actual need for segwit?  Oah, that's right... there isn't.  There was only a need for a blocksize bump.  nothing more.

Wait for a flaw in segwit to be exploited... you'll see what I am talking about.

That does not make sense.

The people who want the '2x' are not the same people who want SegWit.  That's why it was a compromise...

Wait till they get their 2MB/4MB/8MB blocks.  That latency will kill the decentralized network and promote a more centralized mining pool that can tolerate that kind of extra latency/propagation time.  I hope you're okay with antpool mining empty blocks.  Hint: that's why they want bigger blocks!

*Edit*  I agree that the spam is gone.  I would have been fine with neither, aka, the status quo, but that is no longer an option.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
Phil and colleagues,

What we are doing before 31st of July with coins we have at: poloniex, coinbase, hashnest and other services?

Electrum? Bitcoin Core wallet? Or just leave them on those websites?

I would not leave Bitcoin on any exchange - but I don't normally do that anyway except for small quantities that aren't worth the transaction fee (yet) to move.

Convert to cash, spend on more mining gear on or before July 30, convert to a different coin, or leave in your own wallet in that order are the safest options.

Okay  I have  90% of my coins in btc in a core 0.14.2 wallet that has 4 hdd backups.

Still wonder if this is wise  but  I am staying with that.

I have .5btc contract with hashnest  can not do anything

I have  under .10 btc in 2 blockchain hot wallets
I have  under .10 btc in bittrex exchange  mostly DBG and SIA
I have under  .01 btc in poleniex
I have  .035 btc in coinbase
I have  7.0  ltc in coinbase.
I have 0.01 btc in a trezor.

I sold a lot of coins and gear and have a strong cash  position in my bank.

This was my best year ever  and I am not looking to lose everything back in a crash.

However  if a crazy stupid crash happens I may buy  a lot of coins.

As of yesterday, all of my group's position have been converted to fiat (40%) and coins (60%).... BTC, ETH, LTC and DASH (Trezor and Core 0.14.2).

One key change is that, my group is dumping Coinbase in favor for another provider.

All of the group's Coinbase accounts are now zero and mining operations have started using new BTC addresses.

There's an issue in maintaining Coinbase account for non-American users - as per advised by our contacts.

SEC involvement and taxation will be more aggressive for crypto industry...

We will also have Skype and Viber communications lines open, Y2K inspired,  during July 31st, Aug 1-2 with our Labrador hosting facilities (Cryptoboreas and GND).

We may activate contingency plans to swing the 2.2PH BTC farm to mine other SHA256 coins like PPC or DGB temporarily.

This BTC mess is sad case - why cant they just get along?
legendary

befor eyou choose core's route;  consider the original intentions of satoshi himself.

They have gone above and beyond what was in the scope of BTC just by adding segwit;  not to mention the retardation they call "2x".

Wheres the actual need for segwit?  Oah, that's right... there isn't.  There was only a need for a blocksize bump.  nothing more.

Phil and colleagues,

What we are doing before 31st of July with coins we have at: poloniex, coinbase, hashnest and other services?

I would not leave Bitcoin on any exchange - but I don't normally do that anyway except for small quantities that aren't worth the transaction fee (yet) to move.

Convert to cash, spend on more mining gear on or before July 30, convert to a different coin, or leave in your own wallet in that order are the safest options.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.20201410
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
Phil and colleagues,

Okay  I have  90% of my coins in btc in a core 0.14.2 wallet that has 4 hdd backups.

Still wonder if this is wise  but  I am staying with that.

I have .5btc contract with hashnest  can not do anything

I have  under .10 btc in 2 blockchain hot wallets
I have  under .10 btc in bittrex exchange  mostly DBG and SIA
I have under  .01 btc in poleniex
I have  .035 btc in coinbase
I have  7.0  ltc in coinbase.
I have 0.01 btc in a trezor.

I sold a lot of coins and gear and have a strong cash  position in my bank.

This was my best year ever  and I am not looking to lose everything back in a crash.

However  if a crazy stupid crash happens I may buy  a lot of coins.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
Phil and colleagues,

Activity: 264
Merit: 100
thanks guys, yeah I'm just going to try and get one miner(Bitman d3 or l3) for now so that i can keep the other coins that i hold. would not be worth that setup unless I'm getting more? Is itsafe to run a dedicated 20 amp circuit with 12-2 wire? could i run 2 on this? or just one miner?
legendary
Phil and colleagues,

iif you leave them on the site, you are at the mercy of what chain they pick to keep them on.... unless magically they are courteous enough to give you your coins on both chains.

I can imagine coinbase sticking everyone on the good chain, and taking everything and dumping it off on the bad chain... for inter-company profit.    There's nothing keeping them from doing such a thing.... since they control the funds....
Activity: 742
Phil and colleagues,

legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
Hi guys, have a question. were do i get info on how many miners i can run off my available power. i have a new 125 amp service with 4 open spots. how many bitman d3 could be put on this. is it just one per breaker? or is there a better way to setup?

okay  you absolute want 240 service on 1 outlet

you want to use 10 gauge wire

you want a 30 amp breaker  with 1 l6-30 r

https://www.zoro.com/hubbell-wiring-device-kellems-locking-receptacle-industrial-30-black-hbl2620/i/G0297001/?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/L6-30R-30-Amp-250-Volt-3-Wire-Twistlock-Receptacle-/261742983290?

you want this
http://www.ebay.com/itm/APC-AP7541-Rack-PDU-Basic-ZeroU-4-9kVA-208V-L6-30P-20-C13-4-C19-/332265219905?epid=1907456595&hash=item4d5c8ce741:g:osMAAOSwjk9ZQqy8

this is rated 240 volts and  4900 watts 24/7/365   this is the derated number.

you would be able to run 4 rigs each pulling 1200 watts

or 5 rigs pulling 980 watts
or 6 rigs pulling  800 watts

you will need some power cords  to go from the bar to the psu's
Activity: 238
Hi guys, have a question. were do i get info on how many miners i can run off my available power. i have a new 125 amp service with 4 open spots. how many bitman d3 could be put on this. is it just one per breaker? or is there a better way to setup?

What else the panel supplying power for? AC? Heater? Stove? Water Heater? Water pump? There is no way for us to know the answer to that without physically checking the power draw of everything in the panel. Sorry. An electrician will be able to tell you how many available amps you have to use. The number of open slots in a panel means nothing.
Activity: 264
Activity: 322
Merit: 233
Add -allcoins 1 and it should work.

Thanks for you suggestion but it looks -allcoins 1 doesn't solve my problem. I don't get it anymore, so wierd.

ETH: Stratum - connecting to 'eu.ubiqpool.io' <209.222.30.133> port 8008
ETH: Stratum - Connected (eu.ubiqpool.io:8008)
No pool specified for Decred! Ethereum-only mining mode is enabled
ETHEREUM-ONLY MINING MODE ENABLED (-mode 1)
ETH: eth-proxy stratum mode
"-allcoins" option is set, default pools will be used for devfee, check "Readme" file for details.
Watchdog enabled
Remote management (READ-ONLY MODE) is enabled on port 3333

Socket was closed remotely (by pool)
ETH: Job timeout, disconnect, retry in 20 sec...

Just FYI, the USA server for UBIQ has been having technical difficulties, causing people to be randomly kicked or unable to reconnect, switch to the europe server for a few days tell its fixed.
Activity: 284
Merit: 102

Thanks for you suggestion but it looks -allcoins 1 doesn't solve my problem. I don't get it anymore, so wierd.

"-allcoins" option is set, default pools will be used for devfee, check "Readme" file for details.
Watchdog enabled

EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool stratum+tcp://us.ubiqpool.io:8008 -ewal -epsw x -eworker RIGNAMEHERE -allcoins 1

above works for me
Activity: 233
Andrius | Junior Business developer at Unboxed ICO

Watchdog enabled

Activity: 1414
Merit: 487
YouTube.com/VoskCoin
Speaking of mining different coins, what's recommended for 1080 ti to mine, simply equihash?

What's the 1080 ti output on other algo other than ethash?
Pages:
Jump to: