Pages:
Author

Topic: Fifth alt coin thread last four got too big. - page 38. (Read 47218 times)

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
What is the best way to mine DGB direcly.  Without any conversion.  For example you can mine DGB on zpool with skien algo.

:START
ccminerAlexis78.exe -a skein -o stratum+tcp://skein.mine.zpool.ca:4933 -u DBHZh39j9eG4Tw1B49W3Wy1Su8i2io96TK.Aorus -p c=DGB,skien,stats
goto start

So it mines other random coins then converts to DGB this is not ideal so you cant do this on zpool which ppools can you mine it directly and can you still do that with the skein algo but only mine DGB?
use miningpoolhub.com, you can get DGB.

use latest ccminer:

-a skein -i 23 -o stratum+tcp://yiimp.ccminer.org:4933 -u -p c=DGB,d=1,stats --cpu-priority=3

OR

goto DGB's multi-algo mining pools at http://digihash.co/ .... but beware of 5% fee to "support" DGB devs.

I once used DGB's SHA256 pool as my 3rd backup pool for the 2PH S9+A721 BTC farm.

I just buy DGB on bittrex.com

for now I hold

DGB 30000 coins
SC   40000 coins

BTC in a core wallet

and most  everything else is in cash.

only 10x 1080 ti's  and the BTC mining gear

DGB is a good long term hold.

I read somewhere that Apple Inc. has selected DGB for their coin.....
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
What is the best way to mine DGB direcly.  Without any conversion.  For example you can mine DGB on zpool with skien algo.

ccminerAlexis78.exe -a skein -o stratum+tcp://skein.mine.zpool.ca:4933 -u DBHZh39j9eG4Tw1B49W3Wy1Su8i2io96TK.Aorus -p c=DGB,skien,stats
goto start

So it mines other random coins then converts to DGB this is not ideal so you cant do this on zpool which ppools can you mine it directly and can you still do that with the skein algo but only mine DGB?

use latest ccminer:

-a skein -i 23 -o stratum+tcp://yiimp.ccminer.org:4933 -u -p c=DGB,d=1,stats --cpu-priority=3

OR

goto DGB's multi-algo mining pools at http://digihash.co/ .... but beware of 5% fee to "support" DGB devs.

I once used DGB's SHA256 pool as my 3rd backup pool for the 2PH S9+A721 BTC farm.

I just buy DGB on bittrex.com

for now I hold

DGB 30000 coins
SC   40000 coins

BTC in a core wallet

and most  everything else is in cash.

only 10x 1080 ti's  and the BTC mining gear
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----

goto start

use latest ccminer:

OR

Activity: 350
Merit: 100
What is the best way to mine DGB direcly.  Without any conversion.  For example you can mine DGB on zpool with skien algo.

goto start

legendary
Where is a good place to pick up some additional Dual 6+2 Pin PCI-E and a couple 6 Pin PCI-E for an EVGA G3 psu?

no where .

but if you look here on this site a few guys will make custom for you.

I have not had a custom done in a while.

anyone had some custom done  lately?

Activity: 53
Merit: 0
Where is a good place to pick up some additional Dual 6+2 Pin PCI-E and a couple 6 Pin PCI-E for an EVGA G3 psu?
legendary
What is the best way to mine DGB direcly.  Without any conversion.  For example you can mine DGB on zpool with skien algo.

goto start

you can mine any coin  and then buy some DGB.  I  have 30000 of them at the moment.
legendary

yes  and if you use 2 molex cables  not 2  jacks from 1 cable  it can work.

of course  you can not jack the gear  to 200 watts

Running the 1080 ti  at 75% or less  means  .75 x 250 or .75 x 300  that is 187.5 watts  to 225 watts

and that would be about  94 to 112 watts on that  part.  since you have a second  pcie cable doing the other jack  it would do 94 to 112  and of course  if plugged into  a riser a third  cable from a completely different molex could do 75 safe

It should work.

I would worry more doing it with a 1070  supply all the power to the 1070.

I used these back in the day  mining btc  2012-2013  they never smoked but I tend to downclock and undervolt to be safe.

I am assuming you answered the question as though this was being plugged into the card directly.

For powering risers would a double molex be overkill, does a single molex supply enough power to the riser for 100% TDP?  Or would two be safer?

okay  theory is  a riser pulls 75 watts max and a molex  can provide 75 watts max.

now  to go past theory  you need to know  the molex cable you have.

as  that is for 18 gauge  not 20  or 16.

most molex is 18 or 20  gauge not 16.

If I were certain  of three things

1) molex is 16 gauge
 2) card maxes at 75 watts
 3) psu  has good molex receptacle

I would maybe run  the card at 100%  with 1 riser  to 1 molex

Fact is  the few times I have done it I burned out my molex at the connection on the risers
So I am 0 for 3 .
or 0 for 4.
With hard pushed  cards on a riser with a single molex and or a single sata.

Others will say  they are good.  But I was not.
Activity: 192

yes  and if you use 2 molex cables  not 2  jacks from 1 cable  it can work.

of course  you can not jack the gear  to 200 watts

Running the 1080 ti  at 75% or less  means  .75 x 250 or .75 x 300  that is 187.5 watts  to 225 watts

and that would be about  94 to 112 watts on that  part.  since you have a second  pcie cable doing the other jack  it would do 94 to 112  and of course  if plugged into  a riser a third  cable from a completely different molex could do 75 safe

It should work.

I would worry more doing it with a 1070  supply all the power to the 1070.

I used these back in the day  mining btc  2012-2013  they never smoked but I tend to downclock and undervolt to be safe.

I am assuming you answered the question as though this was being plugged into the card directly.

For powering risers would a double molex be overkill, does a single molex supply enough power to the riser for 100% TDP?  Or would two be safer?
Activity: 192

goto start

legendary
---- winter*juvia -----

If you like to take a wild ride with high returns.... point your NVIDIA cards to mine CHC, SIGT coins...

Yep, there's good money to be (potentially) made mining lesser known coins, but if you're prone to ulcers or have high blood pressure you might want to avoid it.... there can definitely be a good bit more stress involved at times. lol Smiley

definitely not for the faint heart..... for me its like "slot-machine and blinking lights therapy"
Activity: 322
Merit: 233

If you like to take a wild ride with high returns.... point your NVIDIA cards to mine CHC, SIGT coins...

Yep, there's good money to be (potentially) made mining lesser known coins, but if you're prone to ulcers or have high blood pressure you might want to avoid it.... there can definitely be a good bit more stress involved at times. lol Smiley

yup Smiley
Activity: 1151
Merit: 528

Ehh I say it's a balancing act. Slow steady income mining know coins, or taking a minor risk and mining new stuff. Really just depends on your style I guess.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 274

legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
How many 1080Ti's can I run on a single EVGA 1200 Gold PSU ?
Decided to go for EVGA black edition as they came down on price £30 in 2 days so why not.

Thank you

Do you mean the EVGA G2 1300? I'm not aware of an EVGA gold-rated model at the 1200 watt level.

Nope EVGA G2 1200W
That one is from my Litecoin mining days 2012.

LOL I have MSI 1070 and it takes 2 power connectors 8+6.
Would that be a problem ?

Still not seeing any reference to a G2 at the 1200 watt level, though they did make a P2 PLATINUM rated 1200 watt.

8 + 6 shouldn't be an issue, the cables on those supplies for PCI-E power are heavy-duty enough to handle 225 watts on one of their "dual" connector cables without issue.
legendary

Best to standardize on good quality power cords too (I have replaced all 10A power cords in the farm) - I use 13A rated cords for EVGA-1300w and 1500/1200/1000/750w server PSUs and the fat 16A rated power cords for Delta-2400w and EVGA-G2-1600w.

Fine for 220 usage, but EVGA ships the G2 1300 with a 15-amp rated 14 AWG power cable in the US for 110 usage for a reason (as does Seasonic on the X-1250 and I THINK on the X-1000).

legendary

The wall plugs are rated to 1800 watts on a 15A breaker so I'm curious where the fire danger lies?

That is assuming 120 volts, which is normally NOT the case.
 That is also an INTERMITTANT rating, for 24/7 usage you are required to derate the amperage by 20%.

It's better to figure at 110 volts as a general rule vs. 120 as most places do NOT see 120 volts on a consistant basis (for reference, I've NEVER seen 120 volts out of an outlet that was wired properly, though I've seen as high as 119 ONCE - 115-117 is a lot more common and 112 I've seen a few places).

This is all assuming you have a mining area that is COOL - once temps start heating up you also have to start derating for temperature.
Breakers in specific are generally rated at 40 degrees C, which is only 104 F.
Keep in mind that the breaker box retains some heat, breakers next to each other will retain some heat, it's not uncommon for a 100 degree F ambient temperature to have a 15 amp breaker TRIP at 10-12 amps of load on it.
Breaker boxes are RARELY positioned to have any airflow over them, and VERY rarely set up to have any airflow THROUGH them.

Wiring can also be an issue, since it's usually run through the INSULATION in a wall or ceiling, which will also retain heat.

Outlets ALSO have heat retention issues, since they are normally installed in boxes in the wall surrounded by insulation and the CONTACT resistance tends to heat them up noticeably.
 Ever notice how the plugs on molded power cables are usually the hottest part of the cable? Contact resistance is WHY.

Activity: 322
Merit: 233
Thank your for your quite nice reply.

I still have some rx 570 cards, I will try and mine UBIQ as you suggested. Could you point me to a good wallet for this coin? Or to mine it in an BTC address?

I do not own (yet) 1080 ti, but I have 6 gtx 1060 6gb. You suggestion to go on a wild ride with those little known coins .. is a good idea to mine them directly being paid on that coins or on btc (like zpool / nicehash / etc.) ?

Thank you again.

UBIQ - go to main website and download wallet. Mining pools are also listed there.

For the wild rides, zer0k is right.... buy/trade them with BTC but this is really a speculative buy/sell game and like gambling. Not for the faint heart. I have a hunch on SIGT so I am going all in with outright purchase at Cryptopia and also going full hash with 22 x 1080tis. I think after a few days.... I can payoff the Trezors I just bought  Grin

SIGT just payed the BTC to be on bittrex... just fyi i got all 27 x 1080ti full steam ahead on it
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----

I still have some rx 570 cards, I will try and mine UBIQ as you suggested. Could you point me to a good wallet for this coin? Or to mine it in an BTC address?

I do not own (yet) 1080 ti, but I have 6 gtx 1060 6gb. You suggestion to go on a wild ride with those little known coins .. is a good idea to mine them directly being paid on that coins or on btc (like zpool / nicehash / etc.) ?

Thank you again.

UBIQ - go to main website and download wallet. Mining pools are also listed there.

For the wild rides, zer0k is right.... buy/trade them with BTC but this is really a speculative buy/sell game and like gambling. Not for the faint heart. I have a hunch on SIGT so I am going all in with outright purchase at Cryptopia and also going full hash with 22 x 1080tis. I think after a few days.... I can payoff the Trezors I just bought  Grin
Activity: 349
Merit: 250

Thank you again.

Mine the most profitable coin you can...then exchange to speculative coin you want to hold Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: