Pages:
Author

Topic: Fifth alt coin thread last four got too big. - page 37. (Read 47218 times)

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----

I read somewhere that Apple Inc. has selected DGB for their coin.....

Probability zero.

If Apple were to have an "AppleCoin", they would start up their own - they've ALWAYS been about trying to maximise control on their products.

Apple's main "thing" from the beginning, and still today... has always been hardware... not software.

MacOS is the ONLY thing about the Mac that is still Apple specific - been that way for ballpark a decade now.

They STARTED OUT as primarily a hardware company, but they've not BEEN that way for quite a while now to some degree.

They've ALWAYS been about "control" on their products though - even the Apple II insisted on using it's own bus instead of the widely-used S100 bus that PREdated the existance of the Apple I (much less the II).

Apple has done some amazing engineering in the mobile space.  Their A-whatever chips are truly better than the Android offerings.  If only they'd allocate a little more of the BOM to DRAM....

Although the crown jewels is IOS.... they made a lot of money selling more than 200 million iphones in just 11 years (3gs launched 2006?).

Apple is also obsessed in everything Elon Musk is doing LOL  Grin
Activity: 615
Merit: 500

Probability zero.

If Apple were to have an "AppleCoin", they would start up their own - they've ALWAYS been about trying to maximise control on their products.

Apple's main "thing" from the beginning, and still today... has always been hardware... not software.

MacOS is the ONLY thing about the Mac that is still Apple specific - been that way for ballpark a decade now.

They STARTED OUT as primarily a hardware company, but they've not BEEN that way for quite a while now to some degree.

They've ALWAYS been about "control" on their products though - even the Apple II insisted on using it's own bus instead of the widely-used S100 bus that PREdated the existance of the Apple I (much less the II).

Apple has done some amazing engineering in the mobile space.  Their A-whatever chips are truly better than the Android offerings.  If only they'd allocate a little more of the BOM to DRAM....
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
I saw those prices as well. I don't understand why they don't sell individual cables. I found a few sites that custom make them but charge $20 for shipping!

Most of my EVGAs (EVGA-G2-1300s) will be phased out in favor of dual server PSU+pico+bb kit in the ETH farm.

I am sure I can find a few used cables for you.

If you want it - you got it - PM me for details.

I will have to DHL it to you because I am not based in the US.

Thanks for the offer. I think EVGA is going to send me the cables I need as a "one time courtesy". If that doesn't work out I'll be in touch.

I am curious for down the road if you could give some additional info about purchasing/setting up the dual server PSU+pico+bb kit.

no worries - just let me know if there are needed.

I get my server psu kits from "yslyung" and http://www.parallelminer.com/

My current ETH farms no are now more densed and simplified
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
I saw those prices as well. I don't understand why they don't sell individual cables. I found a few sites that custom make them but charge $20 for shipping!

Most of my EVGAs (EVGA-G2-1300s) will be phased out in favor of dual server PSU+pico+bb kit in the ETH farm.

Thanks for the offer. I think EVGA is going to send me the cables I need as a "one time courtesy". If that doesn't work out I'll be in touch.

I am curious for down the road if you could give some additional info about purchasing/setting up the dual server PSU+pico+bb kit.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Where is a good place to pick up some additional Dual 6+2 Pin PCI-E and a couple 6 Pin PCI-E for an EVGA G3 psu?

no where .

but if you look here on this site a few guys will make custom for you.

I have not had a custom done in a while.

anyone had some custom done  lately?

Sidehack has done some custom cables for all my needs when I had a couple of EVGA 1300 g2. Give him a buzz.

Edit: I have switched everything to dual server PSU + minipico PSU now. So much easier working with them.

Sorry, right now I only have enough for my own rigs needing built. Have more ordered though. Also have more pico psu ordered to mod.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/wts-160w-pico-psu-mod-updated-2040729
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

Probability zero.

legendary
---- winter*juvia -----

legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'

corsair does but they won't work.

how many do you need?

Activity: 53
Merit: 0
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
Where is a good place to pick up some additional Dual 6+2 Pin PCI-E and a couple 6 Pin PCI-E for an EVGA G3 psu?

no where .

from EVGA?

https://www.evga.com/products/productlist.aspx?type=10&family=Power+Supplies

they are scum  as that set  is all you can get

it is 1 dual headed pcie  cable which is what he needs
it is 2 single head pcie  cables which he does not need
it is 1 cpu cables which he does not need.

so he would pay 30 usd  for 1 cable
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
Crimson red across the board....

I wonder if this is the moment when BTC ramps down like a rubber band getting ready zoom past 3000 $ by Aug 1st.....
Activity: 544
Merit: 250

no where .

Sidehack has done some custom cables for all my needs when I had a couple of EVGA 1300 g2. Give him a buzz.

Edit: I have switched everything to dual server PSU + minipico PSU now. So much easier working with them.
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1166
My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?

Probability zero.

Apple's main "thing" from the beginning, and still today... has always been hardware... not software.   Thus the forcing devices such as macbook pro's, iphones, ipods.... into obsolescence.  My mother's macbook is a prime example to where in they pushed an OS update to it;  that literally broke it.  Not enough ram to boot.  No support for more system ram to upgrade.  She literally had to go buy a new model the other day.

This is a realistic thought to weigh in the assumption you are making....
legendary

Probability zero.

legendary

ccminer-alexis78 is currently the best miner for "skein"

agreed;  yet I havent tried ccminer 2.2 yet....

And the reason why skien is chosen, is because there are no ASICS for that algo;  and it has the highest hash to net-hash ratio compared to the other algos.

*edit*  I thought I was crazy and seeing double after posting this, but it seems I just matched you in post count citronick.... lol!

In theory, Baikal or any of the other X11 ASIC makers COULD have split out just the skein (and the groetsl) algos to run seperately, like the Baikal already does on qubit and quark.
 Doesn't seem to have happened though - but if it did I'd expect it to be Baikal that did so, since it would be a smaller redesign (if any at all) of their chip.

Activity: 434
Merit: 251
What is the best way to mine DGB direcly.  Without any conversion.  For example you can mine DGB on zpool with skien algo.

:START
ccminerAlexis78.exe -a skein -o stratum+tcp://skein.mine.zpool.ca:4933 -u DBHZh39j9eG4Tw1B49W3Wy1Su8i2io96TK.Aorus -p c=DGB,skien,stats
goto start

So it mines other random coins then converts to DGB this is not ideal so you cant do this on zpool which ppools can you mine it directly and can you still do that with the skein algo but only mine DGB?
use miningpoolhub.com, you can get DGB.

use latest ccminer:

-a skein -i 23 -o stratum+tcp://yiimp.ccminer.org:4933 -u -p c=DGB,d=1,stats --cpu-priority=3

OR

goto DGB's multi-algo mining pools at http://digihash.co/ .... but beware of 5% fee to "support" DGB devs.

I once used DGB's SHA256 pool as my 3rd backup pool for the 2PH S9+A721 BTC farm.
i tried ccminer 2.0, it's slower that alexis78 fork, is there any improvment in the latest version?

The only issue I have had with Alexis is it not loading all GPUs. Recently I discovered --cuda-schedule auto and wow. I have all cards hashing within 3-5 seconds.
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1166
My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?

agreed;  yet I havent tried ccminer 2.2 yet....

And the reason why skien is chosen, is because there are no ASICS for that algo;  and it has the highest hash to net-hash ratio compared to the other algos.

*edit*  I thought I was crazy and seeing double after posting this, but it seems I just matched you in post count citronick.... lol!
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
What is the best way to mine DGB direcly.  Without any conversion.  For example you can mine DGB on zpool with skien algo.

ccminerAlexis78.exe -a skein -o stratum+tcp://skein.mine.zpool.ca:4933 -u DBHZh39j9eG4Tw1B49W3Wy1Su8i2io96TK.Aorus -p c=DGB,skien,stats
goto start

So it mines other random coins then converts to DGB this is not ideal so you cant do this on zpool which ppools can you mine it directly and can you still do that with the skein algo but only mine DGB?

use latest ccminer:

-a skein -i 23 -o stratum+tcp://yiimp.ccminer.org:4933 -u -p c=DGB,d=1,stats --cpu-priority=3

OR

goto DGB's multi-algo mining pools at http://digihash.co/ .... but beware of 5% fee to "support" DGB devs.

I once used DGB's SHA256 pool as my 3rd backup pool for the 2PH S9+A721 BTC farm.
i tried ccminer 2.0, it's slower that alexis78 fork, is there any improvment in the latest version?

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

goto start

use latest ccminer:

OR

i tried ccminer 2.0, it's slower than alexis78 fork, is there any improvment in the latest version?
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----

no where .

from EVGA?

https://www.evga.com/products/productlist.aspx?type=10&family=Power+Supplies
Pages:
Jump to: