Pages:
Author

Topic: Fifth alt coin thread last four got too big. - page 39. (Read 47218 times)

Activity: 131
Merit: 10
Thank your for your quite nice reply.

I still have some rx 570 cards, I will try and mine UBIQ as you suggested. Could you point me to a good wallet for this coin? Or to mine it in an BTC address?

I do not own (yet) 1080 ti, but I have 6 gtx 1060 6gb. You suggestion to go on a wild ride with those little known coins .. is a good idea to mine them directly being paid on that coins or on btc (like zpool / nicehash / etc.) ?

Thank you again.
Activity: 349
Merit: 250
As Cryptptore said : I was waiting on VEGA to come out but I have little faith at this stage.

How many 1080Ti's can I run on a single EVGA 1200 Gold PSU ?
Decided to go for EVGA black edition as they came down on price £30 in 2 days so why not.

Thank you

I would aim for 4 on that PSU if I were you.

I have 5 x ti's on a Rosewill 1500W and it is fine on EWBF and pulls ~1000-1100W at 85% power efficiency and +200 core.
But, if I use ccminer I think it pulls too much power in the first minute or two of mining and then spontaneously reboots Sad

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
Hi people,

I was mining with RX480 and 570 and I am pretty new at nvidia mining scene. So here is the question:
I have 6 x GTX 1060. Three of them are ASUS Dual which are pretty good at equihash and eth and good temperatures. The other three are Gigabyte Windforce which have pretty high temperatures and suck at ethereum mining. No problem at equihash or other.

Right now I'm mining with EWBF at Nicehash pool and making about 9-10 bucks / day.

What is your advice? Move to zpool and mine with EWBF? Or try the multi-algo swith from JaredKaragen which works on ccminer?

Regards
Bump on this.

I moved to zpool after posting that. I am mining right now with EWBF equihash algo. As I asked on zpool thread, is making so much less than I was making at nicehash. I mean after 24hours 6 1060 made about 0.0021 and usually at a pps pool was making 0.0035-0.0045. I'm a bit newbie at prop pools.
Would be better to try ccminer on x11 or something else? Or nemosminer zpool?

What's your advise guys?

Thank you,
John

If you have RX cards, mining UBIQ is profitable & hot now (uses Ethash algo) and its doesn't have crazy diff levels like ETH and you can still use Claymore dual miner. Dual mining possible. DCR is really hot now.

If you have R9 cards, ZEC is still good to mine.

If you have NVIDIA cards, ZEC for 1080ti's or ETH for 1070/1060/P106.

If you like to take a wild ride with high returns.... point your NVIDIA cards to mine CHC, SIGT coins...

If you dont have ASICs, you should not GPU mine X11 and Scrypt coins, its a lost cause....
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
Phil -- Did you get a Trezor or Nano? Which one to get in terms of ease of use? Thanks

Trezor was  what I ordered.

I got 1 black one.

I like it so much I ordered  a 3 pack in 3 colors.  Got a good discount  for buying it that way.

270 euros for august 1 ship dates  and a three pack

vs

115 euros for a 1 pack with fast shipping.

ok - there is a Trezor2 but color LCD screen but not out yet - I am getting Trezor1 anyways. BTC Core on the secured workstation isn't really to the full solution since I have to maintain 4 wallets - BTC, ETH, LTC and DASH. Thanks
Activity: 131
Merit: 10
Hi people,

I was mining with RX480 and 570 and I am pretty new at nvidia mining scene. So here is the question:
I have 6 x GTX 1060. Three of them are ASUS Dual which are pretty good at equihash and eth and good temperatures. The other three are Gigabyte Windforce which have pretty high temperatures and suck at ethereum mining. No problem at equihash or other.

Right now I'm mining with EWBF at Nicehash pool and making about 9-10 bucks / day.

What is your advice? Move to zpool and mine with EWBF? Or try the multi-algo swith from JaredKaragen which works on ccminer?

Regards
Bump on this.

I moved to zpool after posting that. I am mining right now with EWBF equihash algo. As I asked on zpool thread, is making so much less than I was making at nicehash. I mean after 24hours 6 1060 made about 0.0021 and usually at a pps pool was making 0.0035-0.0045. I'm a bit newbie at prop pools.
Would be better to try ccminer on x11 or something else? Or nemosminer zpool?

What's your advise guys?

Thank you,
John
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
None of the cords/cables are even warm. All gpus are running at mid to low 60°s.

I hooked up a second rig of 3 1080ti's and ran both rigs into a powerstrip. I'm now pulling 1390 watts at the wall for 4.8 kh/s of ZEC.

The wall plugs are rated to 1800 watts on a 15A breaker so I'm curious where the fire danger lies?

I'm thinking about a switch over to a 30A pdu through a dryer plug next week.

Any experienced miner rig/power setup advice is appreciated.

This is the way to go.
legendary
Phil -- Did you get a Trezor or Nano? Which one to get in terms of ease of use? Thanks

Trezor was  what I ordered.

I got 1 black one.

I like it so much I ordered  a 3 pack in 3 colors.  Got a good discount  for buying it that way.

270 euros for august 1 ship dates  and a three pack

vs

115 euros for a 1 pack with fast shipping.

legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
Fire damage...well to start off 1390 watts is your MAX on a 15A line.  80% of load, means 12A max capacity maximum.  that is electric code and standard practice for continuous operation.  For the PSU, 750w at the wall is fine on a 850w, considering a EVGA gold PSU is quality, and can hold that load for years.  I dont have any G3 units though, maybe check JohnyGuru to see if they are as good/comparable to the G2 line.  I have some 1000GQ EVGA that run 900w at the wall and they are perfectly fine.  5-7 year warranty so no worries.  The only thing is that you are less efficient - So on 240v it may be max efficiency 92% - 60% load, but at 90% load you are at 87% efficiency, etc.  Some cheaper PSU cannot do this and will overheat/blow capacitors, fire hazard.  In any case, make sure your equipment, if fire there is, is not close to things that can catch on fire if possible.  Like OP, who's rigs are surrounded by wood, its better to be on the safe side Smiley  With RX fire hazard isnt a big problem, but before, when gpu's drew 350-400 watts or something with shoddy risers, a lot of people were dumb and "burned" their rigs down. 
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
None of the cords/cables are even warm. All gpus are running at mid to low 60°s.

I hooked up a second rig of 3 1080ti's and ran both rigs into a powerstrip. I'm now pulling 1390 watts at the wall for 4.8 kh/s of ZEC.

The wall plugs are rated to 1800 watts on a 15A breaker so I'm curious where the fire danger lies?

I'm thinking about a switch over to a 30A pdu through a dryer plug next week.

Any experienced miner rig/power setup advice is appreciated.
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
I've got 3 1080ti and 1 1070 mini on a EVGA 850 G3. TDP on the 1080ti's is 70% and I pull 750 watts at the wall. Been running consistently for over a month.

850w G3 is cutting it close...

Gold series usually 80% efficiency, so if you have 850w then only up to 850w x 80% = 680w for best efficiency (assume 220-240v circuits)

Most of my heavy rigs (12 ands 13 x GPU rigs), use Delta 2400watts Platinum 94% and 2 x 1500w Platinum 92% server PSUs.

If I dont cross that threshold, they don't get hot at all, less fan noise, cards and rigs stable and most of all - I can sleep in peace.

Best to standardize on good quality power cords too (I have replaced all 10A power cords in the farm) - I use 13A rated cords for EVGA-1300w and 1500/1200/1000/750w server PSUs and the fat 16A rated power cords for Delta-2400w and EVGA-G2-1600w.

Last but not least, invest in a few "kill-a-watt" plugs and double check total power draw and also total amps, to ensure your rails have enough amps for your rigs. I use 20amps per circuit to get 4 x 6xGPU rigs sharing the same rail and 2 x 12/13xGPU rigs sharing the same 20A rail.
Activity: 322
Merit: 233
I've got 3 1080ti and 1 1070 mini on a EVGA 850 G3. TDP on the 1080ti's is 70% and I pull 750 watts at the wall. Been running consistently for over a month.

Be careful, one of my neighbors i got him into mining to offset the cost of a new gaming pc and he added a 2nd GPU to his brand new computer we built together, little did i know he was going to add a 1080ti to copy me with his 1070 on a computer with only a Corsair 550w gold unit. We built it just one gpu, because that was all he wanted, but the mining earnings got him hooked and instead of asking me he decided to do it himself and just buy another gpu... not knowing the wattage draw of it. He was waken up in the middle of night because his fire alarm with off in his house, because the psu started dieing and started smoking, luckily nothing actually caught on fire, but if he was not home he could have burnt it down running it that close to the limits...
legendary

You are near the max.

You should watch it.

You may need to drop to 60 or 65%.

Be careful
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
SVK
Activity: 378
As Cryptptore said : I was waiting on VEGA to come out but I have little faith at this stage.

Decided to go for EVGA black edition as they came down on price £30 in 2 days so why not.

Thank you

Do you mean the EVGA G2 1300? I'm not aware of an EVGA gold-rated model at the 1200 watt level.

If so, 3 1080 ti will work VERY comfortably and 4 should be viable if you keep the TDP down some on all 4 cards.

3 x 1080 ti and a 1070 should work fine if it's not a high-TDP 1070 model like that monster MSI with 2 power connectors.

I've noted that a lot of mining will "spike" the TDP occasionally no matter WHAT you set it at, though.

Nope EVGA G2 1200W
That one is from my Litecoin mining days 2012.

LOL I have MSI 1070 and it takes 2 power connectors 8+6.
Would that be a problem ?
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

Thank you

Do you mean the EVGA G2 1300? I'm not aware of an EVGA gold-rated model at the 1200 watt level.

If so, 3 1080 ti will work VERY comfortably and 4 should be viable if you keep the TDP down some on all 4 cards.

3 x 1080 ti and a 1070 should work fine if it's not a high-TDP 1070 model like that monster MSI with 2 power connectors.

I've noted that a lot of mining will "spike" the TDP occasionally no matter WHAT you set it at, though.

legendary
---- winter*juvia -----

Thank you

I think, ideally 3 x GPUs, maximum 4 x GPUs. EVGAs can take a beating most of the time but suggest you give 20% buffer to the PSU since its a Gold 80 rating.

I run 4 x GA-Aorus 1080tis on EVGA-G2-1600w.
The rig draws only 750w during "low intensity" EWBF ZEC mining.
If I crank up the powelimit, it will hit just over 1000watts @ 240-250watts each.

I have another rig using Zotac AMP Extreme x 3 on EVGA-G2-1300w.
I let the Zotac loose most of the time because its hashes very well in beast mode (around 850w)
It's however hard to OC this rig further compared to the Aorus.

Many thanks for valuable info Citronick.

I'm in UK and electricity isn't cheap here ($0.17 KW/h) so I'm trying to run things low and strike fine balance between Watts/hashrate.

I have one 1070 which would potentially go with 3x1080Ti .?
1070 is taking 120 +/- 7W (using kill a watt)

So 3x1080Ti + 1x 1070 with power limit 70% on 1200W Gold.?
Is it doable ?

Thank you

I think that's fine - its an EVGA after all  Grin

Ideally set PL to 70-75, and get the best core/mem combination depending on what coin you are mining.

ETH likes fast memory. ZEC likes more cores count and speed then memory.

Once you get reasonably good hashrate, then slowly attempt to lower down the PL towards 60.
SVK

Thank you

I think, ideally 3 x GPUs, maximum 4 x GPUs. EVGAs can take a beating most of the time but suggest you give 20% buffer to the PSU since its a Gold 80 rating.

If I crank up the powelimit, it will hit just over 1000watts @ 240-250watts each.

I let the Zotac loose most of the time because its hashes very well in beast mode (around 850w)

Many thanks for valuable info Citronick.

I'm in UK and electricity isn't cheap here ($0.17 KW/h) so I'm trying to run things low and strike fine balance between Watts/hashrate.

I have one 1070 which would potentially go with 3x1080Ti .?
1070 is taking 120 +/- 7W (using kill a watt)

So 3x1080Ti + 1x 1070 with power limit 70% on 1200W Gold.?
Is it doable ?

Thank you
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----

Thank you

SVK

Thank you
Pages:
Jump to: