Pages:
Author

Topic: Fifth alt coin thread last four got too big. - page 40. (Read 47218 times)

Activity: 131
Merit: 10
Hi people,

I was mining with RX480 and 570 and I am pretty new at nvidia mining scene. So here is the question:
I have 6 x GTX 1060. Three of them are ASUS Dual which are pretty good at equihash and eth and good temperatures. The other three are Gigabyte Windforce which have pretty high temperatures and suck at ethereum mining. No problem at equihash or other.

Right now I'm mining with EWBF at Nicehash pool and making about 9-10 bucks / day.

What is your advice? Move to zpool and mine with EWBF? Or try the multi-algo swith from JaredKaragen which works on ccminer?

Regards
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
All good Phil? I haven't been active on the forum for a year++.

Would love to hear your take on the mining scene for this year.
Whats the future for GPU mining? I'm currently mining ETH with 4 rigs, would you continue mining ETH even tho the diff is climbing like crazy? Or switch to something else? Sell the rigs?

Would also love to pick ur brain regarding the recent x11 ASICs thats seems to be flooding the market right now!

Cheers <3

If you have 4 rigs filled with  6 cards each you have 24 cards.

If they are all rx 470,480,570,580  they sell at a premium.

I would sell every card and convert to

⅓ in cash ⅓ in btc ⅓ in zec

take off from mining for July and August then reassess what to do in mid sept.

I sold  almost every card.

I have 9 1080ti's  and nothing else.

I purchased  1400 forever  stamps on ebay today  with my ebucks.

I can make money  on them just as certain as making on  the 1080 ti's

With only 9 1080ti's mining  it is a bullet proof setup  even if it is only  4.50 x 9 /2 = 20.25 a day  I still get btc from it and from the  56 th  which is 47 a day  or 47/2 =

23.50 + 20.25 = $43.75

The forever stamps line interests me. Do you buy them to flip or what ? I'm intrigued !

shoot me a pm I will get back and explain
Activity: 284
Merit: 102

Whats the future for GPU mining? I'm currently mining ETH with 4 rigs, would you continue mining ETH even tho the diff is climbing like crazy? Or switch to something else? Sell the rigs?

Would also love to pick ur brain regarding the recent x11 ASICs thats seems to be flooding the market right now!

Cheers <3

With only 9 1080ti's mining  it is a bullet proof setup  even if it is only  4.50 x 9 /2 = 20.25 a day  I still get btc from it and from the  56 th  which is 47 a day  or 47/2 =

23.50 + 20.25 = $43.75

The forever stamps line interests me. Do you buy them to flip or what ? I'm intrigued !
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

Not really a "right now" flood.

There was a first generation of miners from appx. ballpark April-June last year, iBelink Pinidea then Baikal, each was a "lower" process node and more efficient as they came out (I might have the iBelink and Pinidea backwards in that order).

Then things stagnated, as the Baikal was a ton better efficiency than the others it ended up being the only one selling as the others didn't bother making more than their initial batch.

Then iBelink a couple weeks ago or so announced a second-generation model with similar-to-slightly better efficiency than the Baikal, only to get one-upped by the Bitmain announcement of the D3, which appears to have triggered Innosilicon announcement of their A5.

If Innosilicon hits their ANNOUNCED specs on the A5 (which seems fairly likely, it apparently was well into development by the time Bitmain announced the D3, UNLIKE the A4 being announced WAY before the chips actually hit production) then it will be the "top dog" for X11 for a while - but it's priced somewhat high even factoring in it's performance IMO leaving plenty of room for Bitmain to sell D3 units and leaving iBelink praying they sold all of THEIR batch of new units in their existing pre-orders....

Whichever one actually SHIPS first will have a window of massive profitability, but will see that profitability drop quite quickly as the total network hashrate for X11 coins (mostly DASH) gets hammered by the new units.

All 3 units have a good chance of being profitable though, as long as DASH price doesn't collapse.

VEGA is a question mark at this point, as the ONLY hashrates I've seen for them are on ETH and the drivers are a long ways from optimised so far.
Activity: 324
Merit: 250

Cheers <3

I sold  almost every card.

I have 9 1080ti's  and nothing else.

I purchased  1400 forever  stamps on ebay today  with my ebucks.

I can make money  on them just as certain as making on  the 1080 ti's

With only 9 1080ti's mining  it is a bullet proof setup  even if it is only  4.50 x 9 /2 = 20.25 a day  I still get btc from it and from the  56 th  which is 47 a day  or 47/2 =

23.50 + 20.25 = $43.75

Thanks for reply mate!

I just realized I forgot a crucial detail! Where I'm from we got this awesome (and kinda insane) law that say that all electronics above a certain price point has a guarantee of 5 years. This basically means that whenever a card breaks, I just return it to the shop and get a full refund.

So I guess that kinda takes selling off the table as I'm kinda guaranteed ROI! I've actually never thought of it this way.. I should buy more rigs..

I have 18x RX580 and 2x R9390, dual mining ETH and DCR, ETH at ethermine and DCR at nicehash. I only got 2 390's left, waiting for them to die so I can return them as well. What coin would you mine with the GPU rigs?

Was considering buying Vega series cards next to fill up the empty slots, but this is probably a terrible idea, as seen from the hashrate benchmarks so far. The 1080 Ti's is probably a better buy?

For ASICs I'm running 1xS9, 1xL3+, 1x Baikal mini, 1x Baikal Quad and I got a D3 coming up in late september.
Currently pointing them at nicehash, but I'm wondering if I should rather mine BTC and Dash directly? Or do you think nicehash's auto profit switching is better?

What do you think about projects like golem and iExec? I was hoping that the GPU's might be usable for rent there later on, if I've understood it correctly.

Long shot:
Do you have any idea about what kind of noise level the Corsair HX1200 makes compared to the AX1200i? The HX is 120$ cheaper.

I've got two rigs with Sapphire RX580 "Limited Edition" cards, and one of them has a AX1200i, it makes so little noise that the CPU fan is the loudest part.
The other one got a XFX 1200W, and its really loud, so I want to change that PSU. These rigs are in the living room so I need to make the last one "wife-friendly".

Thanks for your time again Smiley
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'

Cheers <3

23.50 + 20.25 = $43.75
Activity: 322
Merit: 233
... ive been sticking to the 1080ti's... the prices have been the least affected, so i keep buying them when on sale on ebay mostly, occasionally i find steals on wikibuy, but mostly i get off ebay.. like i bought 4 more last week when they had the 12% back to school thing on ebay bucks offer

How much 1 1080Ti card can earn per day (before electricity)? I assume ZEC is still the best to mine with it, isn't it?

My current 30 day running average is $4.61/per 1080ti, but this profit is a little off, because there was a few times during the month i had power outages for multiple hours and a few rigs lock up on me. I pull the wallet data from the pool server every 5 minutes for this info with a script...
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
Right now it is about $4 to $5 a card on NH Equihash.

Not bad - thank you!
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
... ive been sticking to the 1080ti's... the prices have been the least affected, so i keep buying them when on sale on ebay mostly, occasionally i find steals on wikibuy, but mostly i get off ebay.. like i bought 4 more last week when they had the 12% back to school thing on ebay bucks offer

How much 1 1080Ti card can earn per day (before electricity)? I assume ZEC is still the best to mine with it, isn't it?

Right now it is about $4 to $5 a card on NH Equihash.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500

Have a few more modded pico's.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/wts-160w-pico-psu-mod-updated-2040729

Delete if ya need to Phil. Just wanted to put here as this is where I have received the most help.

That being said, if I have learned anything, received help from you and you need these then I will discount as thanks for the help.
Activity: 322
Merit: 233
just saw this on Amazon... Sapphire RX470 4GB selling for USD$599 .... OMG!

Yep, the RX cards are fetching a pretty premium at the moment. I've sold over 10 cards this week at a very healthy profit over their original cost, let alone what they mined, especially through the ETH bubble a few weeks back. All were ROId a while back.

I decided to reinvest in Zotac 1070 minis given the low power consumption and the different algos they can mine.

... just need to find the minis in stock (I already have a few) ... and for a reasonable price! Most UK retailers are doing pre-orders for end of August delivery.

the Zotac 1070 Minis are gem of a card... I rather have this than RX cards because its so easy to OC with very low power consumption.

I really wish i would have bought in on the 1070 minis when they were still affordable.. ive been sticking to the 1080ti's... the prices have been the least affected, so i keep buying them when on sale on ebay mostly, occasionally i find steals on wikibuy, but mostly i get off ebay.. like i bought 4 more last week when they had the 12% back to school thing on ebay bucks offer
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----

Yep, the RX cards are fetching a pretty premium at the moment. I've sold over 10 cards this week at a very healthy profit over their original cost, let alone what they mined, especially through the ETH bubble a few weeks back. All were ROId a while back.

I decided to reinvest in Zotac 1070 minis given the low power consumption and the different algos they can mine.

... just need to find the minis in stock (I already have a few) ... and for a reasonable price! Most UK retailers are doing pre-orders for end of August delivery.

the Zotac 1070 Minis are gem of a card... I rather have this than RX cards because its so easy to OC with very low power consumption.
Activity: 68
Merit: 10

I am also from the UK, and bought a zotac 1070 mini a few weeks back, best price I could find was £380, but looking now that price seems cheap. How much had you been paying?
Activity: 471

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----

Cheers <3

Just do some math with the hash-rates for your cards where you have the highest outcome of BTC per day (just keep in mind the transaction fee's and trade fees will come on top) and then you might get better results to mine some other coin and trade for ETH (usually through BTC).

Yeah I used to compare it with Nicehash rates, but after they got their new design it seems they have removed that part of the site.. Sad

here

https://www.nicehash.com/index.jsp

Thanks a lot!! <3

Cheers <3

Just do some math with the hash-rates for your cards where you have the highest outcome of BTC per day (just keep in mind the transaction fee's and trade fees will come on top) and then you might get better results to mine some other coin and trade for ETH (usually through BTC).

Yeah I used to compare it with Nicehash rates, but after they got their new design it seems they have removed that part of the site.. Sad

here

https://www.nicehash.com/index.jsp

Cheers <3

Activity: 168

Cheers <3

Pages:
Jump to: