Pages:
Author

Topic: First BFL ASIC! - page 19. (Read 58260 times)

Activity: 65
Merit: 10
April 02, 2013, 10:32:33 PM
The bet clearly states it is about the three original devices, 4.5GH/s 60GH/s and 1500GH/s as were the offerings from last year, this device is not one of those and therefore BFL haven't delivered.

Even 40 Gh/s in the yahoo article does not meet 75%
April 02, 2013, 10:31:38 PM
We have carefully examined both sides of the argument. First of all, on our site title is definitely part of the agreement. We do not count the current status as BFL "shipping" the products, therefore other bets are still open. On the other hand the conditions in the description are met. Unfortunately the statement description, as it is written, can be interpreted as complementary conditions to shipping for more clear evidence or the definition of shipping. As much as we would like to settle the bet on one side (as we would earn a significant commission) we do not think that the situation is unambiguous under these circumstances which would be very hard to foresee at the time of statement initiation. As we have been doing before, we will continue to call a draw if there is a such an ambiguity. All the bets will be refunded without any commission.

Haha, bye bye.

How is the title true?
How is 25/40 > 75% true?
How is anything else I pointed out in the first statement true?

How are both listed statements true if one is false?
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
April 02, 2013, 10:30:36 PM
I had quite a bit of coin riding on this bet, and I feel like Bets of Bitcoin is trying to cheat me out of what I won fair and square.

Aside from all of the other reasons, the pictures clearly were not posted before April.  The bet outcome should be "true".
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
April 02, 2013, 10:29:47 PM
Code:
One of your bets at Bets of Bitcoin has been decided as a draw and refunded. Details are below:
Statement: Butterfly Labs will not ship ASIC-based Bitforce SC products before April 2013
Link: http://betsofbitco.in/item?id=701
Your side: Agree
Your bet amount: 0.25

Bets of Bitcoin
http://betsofbitco.in
bye betsofbitco.in

Activity: 27
Merit: 0
April 02, 2013, 10:27:56 PM
The bet clearly states it is about the three original devices, 4.5GH/s 60GH/s and 1500GH/s as were the offerings from last year, this device is not one of those and therefore BFL haven't delivered.
legendary
Activity: 1121
Merit: 1003
April 02, 2013, 10:24:08 PM
 BFL = BUNCH OF F*CKING LIARS

Has there ever been a company as bad as BFL?  Maybe that mystery shopping scam..  Also does BFL run enough ads?
tbd
Activity: 45
April 02, 2013, 10:22:09 PM
We have carefully examined both sides of the argument. First of all, on our site title is definitely part of the agreement. We do not count the current status as BFL "shipping" the products, therefore other bets are still open. On the other hand the conditions in the description are met. Unfortunately the statement description, as it is written, can be interpreted as complementary conditions to shipping for more clear evidence or the definition of shipping. As much as we would like to settle the bet on one side (as we would earn a significant commission) we do not think that the situation is unambiguous under these circumstances which would be very hard to foresee at the time of statement initiation. As we have been doing before, we will continue to call a draw if there is a such an ambiguity. All the bets will be refunded without any commission.

You realize that every contentious bet is going to be "ambiguous" now, right?  Any time someone is on the wrong side, they're going to claim that the rules weren't clear and try and get a refund.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1014
FPV Drone Pilot
April 02, 2013, 10:19:36 PM
I call for a full boycott of betsofbitco.in

I will personally send the first coin to run an advertising campaign against them.  This is total bullshit.  Bettors have been cheated by a bitcoin site.

I fucking hate this shit.  It cheapens the entire space.

someone tally the users that said it was false vs. true.  Even the guys that I have BFL bets with claimed BFL lost!
Activity: 219
Ethics and Science need to shake hands
April 02, 2013, 10:18:00 PM

At worst this should be a push. However the right wager was the wager on no and should prevail.
Also let's hope this was a learning experience the wager description was complete rubbish.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
April 02, 2013, 10:17:44 PM
Pictures were not posted until April.  Bet outcome should be true.

Very disappointed to see this after BoB specially solicited feedback, and the feedback being pretty much overwhelmingly in support of the true outcome.

What, did it have to be unanimous?  What was the point?
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1013
Be A Digital Miner
April 02, 2013, 10:16:44 PM

Making a decision is worth something and I think a quick decision is wise also.
I, however, will not use your betting site as, IMO, you have allowed someone to clearly welch on a bet.   It was poorly written but it is pretty clear that this company is NOT shipping.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1014
FPV Drone Pilot
April 02, 2013, 10:15:57 PM

I will launch internet marketing jihad upon your site if you call it a draw.  I will label you personally a scammer and many others will as well.

With this statement alone your site is done.  If you do the right thing the outrage will not be so great.

pay the BFL don'ts, take the line.  It is super, duper 100% clear.  Take a poll, although you clearly ignored the vast majority of these posters the first time...
Activity: 184
April 02, 2013, 10:12:14 PM
tbd
Activity: 45
April 02, 2013, 10:07:15 PM
Activity: 219
Ethics and Science need to shake hands
April 02, 2013, 10:05:21 PM
I did not bet anything on this but this is fucking classic.  Roll Eyes
April 02, 2013, 09:48:16 PM
I don't mind taking time to judge bets, but this one is pretty clear.  I do not trust betsofbitco.in anymore.  See my opinion below.  If this was credible their wouldn't be a 15 page argument.

Butterfly Labs will not ship ASIC-based Bitforce SC products before April 2013
if units were shipped to regular customers, at least 1 other person should receive their(s) sometime soon.  If not, this is a prototype, in-house model.  

This bet concerns the 3 Butterfly Labs Bitforce SC products announced here:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.966886

For this statement to be false, both of the two following conditions must be met:

-Before April 1st 2013, Eastern time was listed in the conditions below:  The OP was 1:36 AM April First (EST)
-at least one BFL customer Is this what the rest of the customers are getting, a prototype?
-with a bitcointalk.org forum account established prior to the bet's opening date true
-shall post detailed and credible photos of the device on the forum, Credible?? What is the device in the picture? I see two heatsinks. I know for a fact that natural convection heat transfer will not dissipate ~176W throughout either 1 or both those without incurring >100*C operating temps
-including photos of it operating, Whatever I am looking at, something is operating
-and report its hashrate. Is this the hash rate the other customers are going to get?
-This customer cannot be a BFL employee. regular customers do not program or affiliate with BFL past purchasing

• The device must achieve at least 75% of its advertised hashrate. originally 60Gh/s.  Yahoo article from the bet link mentioned 40 Gh/s ( 25/40 = 62.5% )

I do have a small stake in this bet.  

If anything, withhold the bets until other customers get their units and see if the numbers are the same as this one (only with a case). This will allow other customers to get 30Gh/s at 176w units by motivating BFL to get it working to this standard.

This unit is sitting at BFL with the photo taken by josh..............

http://news.yahoo.com/butterfly-labs-announces-next-generation-asic-lineup-054626776.html
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
April 02, 2013, 08:13:52 PM
Not only did the ASIC not leave the BFL lab, so was never shipped anywhere

but also this..

This customer cannot be a BFL employee.

Luke Jr was flown in on BLFs dollar to code their software so is an employee!

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/blogs/luke-jr/97-preparing-my-trip-bfl.html

How many other "customers" where flown in at BFL's expense?
legendary
Be A Digital Miner
April 02, 2013, 07:47:14 PM
I do not think anyone truly knows why they are not shipping.  It would appear that they are not shipping because they have no idea what they are doing.  BUT, in their own words (profanity really), they have constantly stated how brilliant they are and how stupid everyone else is.   It was only a day ago that Josh was again denigrating Avalon so one would assume that Josh and BFL are superior engineers to avalon.   If we take BFL at their word

lol

, that means they ARE NOT INCOMPETENT so why are they not shipping?   What say you Nathan?

You haven't really raised any points for me to reply to.

Interesting that is the way you perceive it.   That is what is great about a market, it takes buyers and sellers or bulls and bears or believers and non-believers to have one.
Activity: 196
April 02, 2013, 07:43:33 PM
I do not think anyone truly knows why they are not shipping.  It would appear that they are not shipping because they have no idea what they are doing.  BUT, in their own words (profanity really), they have constantly stated how brilliant they are and how stupid everyone else is.   It was only a day ago that Josh was again denigrating Avalon so one would assume that Josh and BFL are superior engineers to avalon.   If we take BFL at their word

lol

, that means they ARE NOT INCOMPETENT so why are they not shipping?   What say you Nathan?

You haven't really raised any points for me to reply to.
legendary
Be A Digital Miner
April 02, 2013, 07:38:41 PM
Sorry Nathan (A known BFL supporter), I'll update it right now. I haven't been around in these last few days.

One quick second.

Moving

Sorry Nathan (A known BFL supporter)

You say that like I'm the enemy Sad

I do not think anyone truly knows why they are not shipping.  It would appear that they are not shipping because they have no idea what they are doing.  BUT, in their own words (profanity really), they have constantly stated how brilliant they are and how stupid everyone else is.   It was only a day ago that Josh was again denigrating Avalon so one would assume that Josh and BFL are superior engineers to avalon.   If we take BFL at their word, that means they ARE NOT INCOMPETENT so why are they not shipping?   What say you Nathan?
Pages:
Jump to: