Pages:
Author

Topic: First BFL ASIC! - page 20. (Read 58260 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
April 02, 2013, 07:37:38 PM
My vote is this is an engineering sample.  This is not "shipped" to customer.  "Shipped" indicates a full working unit in the customers hands at the customer premesis.  Clearly this is not.

"at least one BFL customer" - debatable as this occured at BFL's location, the device is not actually with the customer
"with a bitcointalk.org forum account established prior to the bet's opening date" - OK
"shall post detailed and credible photos of the device on the forum" - OK
"including photos of it operating, and report its hashrate." - OK
"This customer cannot be a BFL employee." - debatable at this point

As for 75% of advertised hashrate, the answer is NO.

"Advertised" was 60Ghash.  Just because they revised it to 30GH at the last second doesn't meet the definition when the bets were placed.  23GH is 76% of 30GH.

GRASPING.  AT.  STRAWS.

Right.  Even when Avalon shipped to jgarzik, it was a final product.  It was shipped.  BFL is trying to pass thiss off as shipping and hoping nobody catches them with their pants down.  We caught them.
Activity: 196
April 02, 2013, 07:33:04 PM
Sorry Nathan (A known BFL supporter), I'll update it right now. I haven't been around in these last few days.

One quick second.

Moving

Sorry Nathan (A known BFL supporter)

You say that like I'm the enemy Sad
Activity: 472
Merit: 250
April 02, 2013, 07:29:50 PM
My vote is this is an engineering sample.  This is not "shipped" to customer.  "Shipped" indicates a full working unit in the customers hands at the customer premesis.  Clearly this is not.

"at least one BFL customer" - debatable as this occured at BFL's location, the device is not actually with the customer
"with a bitcointalk.org forum account established prior to the bet's opening date" - OK
"shall post detailed and credible photos of the device on the forum" - OK
"including photos of it operating, and report its hashrate." - OK
"This customer cannot be a BFL employee." - debatable at this point

As for 75% of advertised hashrate, the answer is NO.

"Advertised" was 60Ghash.  Just because they revised it to 30GH at the last second doesn't meet the definition when the bets were placed.  23GH is 76% of 30GH.

GRASPING.  AT.  STRAWS.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005
April 02, 2013, 07:27:21 PM
$statement = "The title of the bid";
$condition1 = "The first condition";
$condition2 = "The second condition";

#The bet states:

if ($condition1==true)&&($condition2=true);{
$statement=false;
}
else{
$statement=true;
}

If both of the conditions are true then the statement is conditionally set to false.

The statement is the title.
Looking at it that way though, you're essentially stating that false = true.  The title was most certainly correct that BFL didn't ship anything, but the conditions, if not met, contradict the title.
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003
April 02, 2013, 07:23:28 PM
That sir, is the truest form of BS.

Ummm...

Quote from: PL's sig
Warning: BFL has failed to deliver for > 140+ Days. It could be a scam!
BFL started taking pre order money in June 2012, but have not shipped a single ASIC device up until April 2013. There's no evidence they even have a working prototype.

Right.

Who's the one spouting bullshit now?
Sorry Nathan (A known BFL supporter), I'll update it right now. I haven't been around in these last few days.

One quick second.

Moving my counter up a bit...
donator
Activity: 1055
Merit: 1020
April 02, 2013, 07:16:57 PM
$statement = "The title of the bid";
$condition1 = "The first condition";
$condition2 = "The second condition";

#The bet states:

if ($condition1==true)&&($condition2=true);{
$statement=false;
}
else{
$statement=true;
}

If both of the conditions are true then the statement is conditionally set to false.

The statement is the title.
Activity: 196
April 02, 2013, 07:16:05 PM

Ummm...

Quote from: PL's sig
Warning: BFL has failed to deliver for > 140+ Days. It could be a scam!
BFL started taking pre order money in June 2012, but have not shipped a single ASIC device up until April 2013. There's no evidence they even have a working prototype.

Right.

Who's the one spouting bullshit now?
legendary
April 02, 2013, 07:12:04 PM

BLAH BLAH BLAH

---------------------------

BLAH BLAH BLAH

Fact: BLAH

------------------------

Conclusion: I'm a troll.

Conlusion, yes you are a troll. But a special troll. The kind that opens new accounts simply to respond to legitimate points under a pseudonym. You are Joshin' me right?

Fact: You have been informed already that Josh/BFL has agreed that they lost the bet and will be donating 1000BTC to a charity.. multiple times
Dummy!

This is about a different bet. This has nothing to do with that bet!

Learn to read and comprehend. Or in your filtered reading ability. Blah...Blah.

...you are beyond the definition of Ultra-troll.  I always thought BFL made a SUPER stupid mistake by hiring a little immature brat like Josh to be the frontman to their operation here.. but you are certainly the very essence of the word "troll".
I cannot hold a candle to my brother Josh.

None, no not one, can match his Joshin'. (See this thread and others as a reference)

How people just let you go on and on and on with your bullshit is beyond me.   It's really not hard to make BFL look stupid.. and when you try SOOOO damn hard it just makes you look like a jackass.  They should temp-ban all the people who's ignore button is as colorful as yours.
That is funny.

I am just voicing the obvious. So what?

Are you for them winning the bet on this slippery and sliding scam?

The guy says he left his "machine" at BFL when he went home. He states that it was delivered to him in his hands @ BFL....

Then, he says he wants it shipped to "his home" in another "foreign nation". Can you say contradictions?

This shows he never had any intent to keep it at BFL. This much is evident. We don't even know if he has even accepted that "prototype" as his. For all we know, Luke is expecting a corrected PCB with his order. The kind that consumes alot less than 180watts.

All we do know is that Josh does not consider the device functional or ready to be shipped. That is the case. (someone link to BFL's youtube account where Josh explicitly admits this.)

Then, there is the issue of Josh taking the photo for him (apparently) and Luke pretending it was him taking the photo. That requires an actual intention to deceive BetsofBitcoin. One small mistake made the situation complicated in that [assumed] lie.
--------------------

To add insult to injury, (and I respect Luke as a fellow Christian) the guy seems to be helping them stretch the truth to it's limits. I don't know what the reasoning is or what the idea is behind that. But I have to call BS.

Both Josh and Luke admit the device isn't complete, that shipping is slated for the future. Yet at the same time, they want to claim a bet for which the stipulation(s) are not met. Lets be serious about this. They never shipped. It even comes out of their own mouths (Before/During/After).

If Logic offends you, don't come to BitCoinTalk. Go to....BFL forums. I guarantee you, you will see logic being defied every day.
legendary
April 02, 2013, 06:57:36 PM
Ignoring the title, let's work with the conditionals for a moment and break them down:

• Before April 1st 2013, at least one BFL customer with a bitcointalk.org forum account established prior to the bet's opening date shall post detailed and credible photos of the device on the forum, including photos of it operating, and report its hashrate. This customer cannot be a BFL employee.

"at least one BFL customer" - Condition Met
"with a bitcointalk.org forum account established prior to the bet's opening date" - Condition Met
"shall post detailed and credible photos of the device on the forum" - Condition Not Met --- Did Luke take the pictures and post them or did Josh? To that end, which forum is this condition referring to? How much detail is "enough" detail? Does the "device" have to be of consumer quality [not a test board, but one that could be shipped to a customer]?
"including photos of it operating, and report its hashrate." - Condition Met
"This customer cannot be a BFL employee." - Condition Met

• The device must achieve at least 75% of its advertised hashrate.

"device must achieve at least 75% of its advertised hashrate" - Condition Met

Too much ambiguity, information credibility, and a problem meeting part of the conditions leads me to believe the outcome of the bet is: True -- BFL has not shipped before April 1st, 2013

Ignoring the title - Key phase, before you can evaluate this analysis, you have to agree with the posters assumption that the title is not important in determining the bet.   This title reads very specifically so either you the title should matter or not.  It does set a precedent.   I think misleading titles should be a factor if people think BFL did met the outcome requirement to affirm the bet.

This precedent, if it occurs, would and should turn over many bets placed at BetsofBitcoin.

Should they start this slippery slope of defining what is and isn't legitimate in the regions of a bets text (Title for example). That will lead to others claiming that previous Bets should very be turned on its head.
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
April 02, 2013, 06:47:26 PM
195w each one,and no fans?? Huh

video card is less power and more fans Embarrassed
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
April 02, 2013, 06:44:19 PM
technical details are usually used to take advantage over another person or group

Too true.

For example:

The insurance policies obtained in July 2001 for World Trade Center buildings 1 WTC, 2 WTC, 4 WTC and 5 WTC had a collective face amount of $3.55 billion. Following the September 11, 2001 attack, Silverstein sought to collect double the face amount (~$7.1 billion) on the basis that the two separate airplane strikes into two separate buildings constituted two occurrences within the meaning of the policies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_Silverstein#Insurance_dispute

Activity: 448
April 02, 2013, 06:25:05 PM
Ignoring the title, let's work with the conditionals for a moment and break them down:

• Before April 1st 2013, at least one BFL customer with a bitcointalk.org forum account established prior to the bet's opening date shall post detailed and credible photos of the device on the forum, including photos of it operating, and report its hashrate. This customer cannot be a BFL employee.

"with a bitcointalk.org forum account established prior to the bet's opening date" - Condition Met
"shall post detailed and credible photos of the device on the forum" - Condition Not Met --- Did Luke take the pictures and post them or did Josh? To that end, which forum is this condition referring to? How much detail is "enough" detail? Does the "device" have to be of consumer quality [not a test board, but one that could be shipped to a customer]?

Too much ambiguity, information credibility, and a problem meeting part of the conditions leads me to believe the outcome of the bet is: True -- BFL has not shipped before April 1st, 2013

Ignoring the title - Key phase, before you can evaluate this analysis, you have to agree with the posters assumption that the title is not important in determining the bet.   This title reads very specifically so either you the title should matter or not.  It does set a precedent.   I think misleading titles should be a factor if people think BFL did met the outcome requirement to affirm the bet.

The title clearly states, in bold, if it ships? Did I miss something?

Why on earth did they even post this, even BFL dont regard it as shipping or a product.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026
Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012
April 02, 2013, 06:12:13 PM

legendary
April 02, 2013, 06:08:02 PM
1) The fact that BFL seems to care more about winning a bet than delivering a solid product to customers speaks volumes.

2) The way they tried to win this bet speaks volumes about the dishonest way they conduct their business. It is borderline scammy.

I'm sorry, but as far as BFL customers are concerned this is a FAIL on two counts. Regardless if BFL wins this silly bet or not. Get a clue folks and set your priorities straight.

I stated this opinion as well.  People will do what people will do.
legendary
April 02, 2013, 06:05:24 PM
Butterfly Labs will not ship ASIC-based Bitforce SC products before April 2013 - This is the title.  It is quite specific.  If bettors don't accept that this claim was the understanding of the bet, then those people are plainly trying to tell untruths.  Even comparisons from the representative of the company (BFL) was to how the shipments of Batch #1 of Avalon were handled.  By invoking that, you are implicitly implying that shipping the product to a customer is what the bet is about.   What more do you really need?  Any disagreement on these facts are just wrong.  I am sorry to say it but it is true.  

Am I wrong on this?

You are not wrong, and I understand what you're saying..but ..

Isn't the intent more important than the technical wording?

No. In contracts or other formal agreements the content takes precedence over the intent. One example I usually think about when it comes to something like this is Taxes. The government's intent is for you to pay your share and they write this massive tax code to cover just about everything they can think of. But thanks to their wording, there are loopholes that allow for people to keep their money if they put it in the right places.

Something well written thoroughly transfers intent into technical wording, which the author of this bet clearly did not do properly. As a result, we have to debate about something that should be pretty straightforward Cheesy

Didn't the people betting that this would not happen, go into it thinking that?

I would imagine so. But I also imagine there are people who looked through the details of the bet and agreed to it based on that instead. Anyway, it should all be taken into context..title and content.

EDIT: I never bet on this, so I have nothing to gain or lose here.

I see what your saying but your example is of a flawed system (taxes).  Using that to back up a bet that clearly is using technical language to misinform the intent, isn't that in it self an admission that I am correct?   You can't have it both ways if you want to debate my comments.   I believe most people would actually side that intent matter (good faith) and technical details are usually used to take advantage over another person or group.  

I would hope you are on the side of intent when it can be measure and not details.     I operate on intent first and then make sure that matches my legal language of contracts I offer for signature.
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
April 02, 2013, 05:25:39 PM

BLAH BLAH BLAH

---------------------------

BLAH BLAH BLAH

------------------------

Conclusion: I'm a troll.

Fact: You have been informed already that Josh/BFL has agreed that they lost the bet and will be donating 1000BTC to a charity.. multiple times

...you are beyond the definition of Ultra-troll.  I always thought BFL made a SUPER stupid mistake by hiring a little immature brat like Josh to be the frontman to their operation here.. but you are certainly the very essence of the word "troll".  How people just let you go on and on and on with your bullshit is beyond me.   It's really not hard to make BFL look stupid.. and when you try SOOOO damn hard it just makes you look like a jackass.  They should temp-ban all the people who's ignore button is as colorful as yours.
legendary
Activity: 1121
April 02, 2013, 05:18:32 PM
I cannot get over how f*cking stupid this OP post was.

Does he not realize people have been waiting close to six months for this miner?
If I was a customer I’d be real upset.  Regardless of the day..

Who cares about the bet, set that aside.  (The answer is obvious, no.)

Luke may be computer smart, but that sure wasn’t business smart.  Can you tarnish the image of BFL anymore?
Activity: 725
Merit: 500
April 02, 2013, 05:11:16 PM
You just know it is a sad state of affairs for the gene pool .... when an individual wants a time machine to go buy FPGA's... when in reality he should be buying bit-coins.

Yeah, I know I should have invested in bitcoins "all-in" (more FPGA's as buying bitcoins and hoarding outright is all greed and not supporting the ideology at all = just like any wallstreet coorporate drone), back when I bought my FPGA's in december 2011. Oh well, at least I'm not totally BTC-less. Also it feels strange to have a large amount of "wealth" in a small easily misplace/erase/forgetpassword-able file.

Edit: Actually I don't need anyone that gives a crap!
legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005
this space intentionally left blank
April 02, 2013, 04:55:28 PM
I would opinionate and say this constitutes a knowing, willing intent and intelligently thought out fraud/scheme of some kind being enacted against the betting pool.

SO MUCH THIS
Activity: 272
Cryptopreneur
April 02, 2013, 04:01:45 PM
Isn't there a conflict of interest when Josh took the photos apparently? If Luke handled the unit personally, why didn't he take the photos? The credibility of the information provided is clearly questionable, and when it was provided. That is an automatic loss. Good day sir, and i'm glad i'm not involved in this nonsense.
Pages:
Jump to: