Pages:
Author

Topic: Fourth alt coin thread last three got oversized. - page 98. (Read 108819 times)

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
Do you know if SMos founder is planning to add something like the NH multi algo miner ?

Never managed to make it work correctly with windows, but would try it on a single RIG if it was avilable in SMos.

smOS is Linux so the closest to "auto-algo-profit-switching" like NH Windows miner is to play around with sgminer...
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
Woke up this morning  and decided to sell two BTC.

Nerves I guess so after fees 2450 usd goes to my bank.

Its a good day to sell BTC... hope BTC keeps trending up but not too much past 1500... steady as she goes.

Meanwhile... LTC $16 ... who could have known
Activity: 501
Merit: 500
Do you know if SMos founder is planning to add something like the NH multi algo miner ?

Never managed to make it work correctly with windows, but would try it on a single RIG if it was avilable in SMos.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
Woke up this morning  and decided to sell two BTC.

Nerves I guess so after fees 2450 usd goes to my bank.

legendary
Activity: 4354
Merit: 3614
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?
decred changed mining algo, so Claymore was not working...check out Claymore's thread (new version upcoming).

pretty sure its only suprnova, they changed the header or something.

i am dual mining eth/dcr at nicehash with cdm 9.1  dcr shares are being accepted.
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
decred changed mining algo, so Claymore was not working...check out Claymore's thread (new version upcoming).
Activity: 324
Merit: 250
Hey Phil!

Could you help me out getting dual mining to work?
I'm trying to dual mine eth and dcr, but all my dcr shares are getting rejected!

I'm using smOS with this connection string:
-epool stratum+tcp://eth-eu.dwarfpool.com:8008 -ewal $walletETH/$rigName -esm 0 -epsw x -allpools 1 -mport -3333 -dpool stratum+tcp://decred.eu.nicehash.com:3354 -dwal 15iUPBM9qt6ra7wRCeeRuuDC5CeRpM9Y6M -dcri 15 -dcoin decred

Am I missing something?

Is that claymore miner? If so, -dcoin dcr not decred.

Yes it is! I just modified phils string from the first post. Will try!
Activity: 289
Hey Phil!

I'm trying to dual mine eth and dcr, but all my dcr shares are getting rejected!

-epool stratum+tcp://eth-eu.dwarfpool.com:8008 -ewal $walletETH/$rigName -esm 0 -epsw x -allpools 1 -mport -3333 -dpool stratum+tcp://decred.eu.nicehash.com:3354 -dwal 15iUPBM9qt6ra7wRCeeRuuDC5CeRpM9Y6M -dcri 15 -dcoin decred

Am I missing something?

Is that claymore miner? If so, -dcoin dcr not decred.
Activity: 59
Merit: 0
Hey, is it worth buying used GPUs (470 in particular) or its better to get new ones?

To avoid bothering with overheating used cards or just in general having any problems with random ebay sellers?
legendary
Activity: 4354
Merit: 3614
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?
try -esm 3 instead of -esm 0, the 3 flags nicehash mode.

your decred pool is nicehash but your eth pool is not. so not sure how that flag works with a non nicehash pool as primary coin and a nicehash pool for 2nd coin.
Activity: 324
Hey Phil!

Am I missing something?
legendary
Could anyone share his OC settings on GTX 1080 TI? I been looking for it on another threads but im not really confident, most of them also say that are unstable. I think there's a chance of improving performance like 20-25%, but I don't know if it's worth at all taking the risk.

What are your settings/thoughts?

75% power

core +100

ram +300

fan 70
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
Could anyone share his OC settings on GTX 1080 TI? I been looking for it on another threads but im not really confident, most of them also say that are unstable. I think there's a chance of improving performance like 20-25%, but I don't know if it's worth at all taking the risk.

What are your settings/thoughts?
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
Is Seasonic 1000w platinum enough for 4x 1080(non-ti) on ZEC? Thanks.

Power-wise? Yes, I have a rig with two and it uses only 450w at the wall with low power CPU (Pentium 3258), add 360-380W for two more for a total of less than 830W at the wall max.

However, that PSU seems to have only six PCIe connectors. You would need 8 connectors for four 1080.
I strongly rec EVGA 1300-it's a workhorse and could be had used for around $150.
here is one:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/EVGA-SuperNOVA-1300G2-ATX-Modular-1300W-80-Plus-Gold-Power-Supply-/232305400782
not my auction

never-mind the crossed over auction, it does NOT have any cables except PCIe.
legendary

yes
set the tdp to 75%

they will do 160-180 watts each

and about 500h each

or 640-720 watts  1900-2000h for zec
legendary
Apologies for some OT.  I don't post on this forum much but I thought philipma1957 might have some interest in this.  Foxminer.  A lot of people are crapping on it as an absolute scam, but even though they make some not completely understandable performance claims (do you give away trade secrets? Smiley , if it's a scam it's pretty well done to my eye if it is one.  https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/scam-foxminers-1879542

I'm not associated with the company.  I mine small scale pretty much for fun and speculation and trade cryptocurrency for profit.  I'd be interested in your thoughts if you have time to parse through their documents, or anyone else who is a competent EE, chip designer, or related fields.  I think people get so used to crypto scam in the last few years they aren't real objective, and just find a few things that seem a bit off or efficiency claims that can't be explained for business reasons and holler scam.  Grin

I deleted this but I quote my deletions.

I offer for them to send me a pm and ship one to me.
Activity: 103
Merit: 11
Apologies for some OT.  I don't post on this forum much but I thought philipma1957 might have some interest in this.  Foxminer.  A lot of people are crapping on it as an absolute scam, but even though they make some not completely understandable performance claims (do you give away trade secrets? Smiley , if it's a scam it's pretty well done to my eye if it is one.  https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/scam-foxminers-1879542

I'm not associated with the company.  I mine small scale pretty much for fun and speculation and trade cryptocurrency for profit.  I'd be interested in your thoughts if you have time to parse through their documents, or anyone else who is a competent EE, chip designer, or related fields.  I think people get so used to crypto scam in the last few years they aren't real objective, and just find a few things that seem a bit off or efficiency claims that can't be explained for business reasons and holler scam.  Grin

Seriously? I can't imagine anyone spending more than 90 seconds looking into this. All you need to do is look at the 30 second demonstration video that doesn't really show anything working or the interview video that they clearly hired out of work actors who know nothing about crypto to read from cue cards. This isn't a well done scam, someone just put a little more effort into it. The number of red flags on this thing could not be more obvious.

The toxic arms race of the ASIC market is exactly why I went back to GPU mining. Even if this thing was was real, GPU mining is much more flexible (and profitable). Not only can I tinker with hardware and software for fun but I can use the hardware I buy for purposes other than crypto including selling it off.
Activity: 786
Merit: 1000
Well I have room for more GPUs. Hard to find anything used in my price range... so i may end up buying new.

Should i be sticking with 480s or switching to 570s? There's not much difference in the price for these 2.
Activity: 615
Merit: 500
Noob question - can you mine with GPUs on normal PCI (1.0?) slots?

PCIe gen 1, yes. Parallel PCI, aka, old school GPUs, prolly not worth it
Activity: 289
Pages:
Jump to: