Pages:
Author

Topic: GAW Miners (Scrypt/SHA256 miners and Hashlet cloud) independent feedback thread - page 37. (Read 82240 times)

legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Small Red and Bad
Hah I was right, you are talking to each other here, this is like a care bear thread.
And you said one thing right. They made a million sales and only you 2 are sitting here working your keyboards.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org

That's a good one for an "in-stock-we're-not-like-the-others" product Smiley . Although to be fair they are all using stock pictures. E.g.:

https://justasic.com/shop/a2mini/

The only one with an original design as far as I know is LA, albeit somewhat ghetto:

http://www.lightningasic.com/Product/ProductInfo.aspx?PId=14
legendary
I used to run Zoomhash campaign before GAW even came to this forums so I can't be Josh, sorry for disappointing you. On the other hand an account made yesterday to praise your posts leads to you, whether you like it or not.
I wasn't talking about LTC difficulty but different coins. Not all of them draw the same amount of power from the unit, period.
My opinion doesn't count, so sad,  I'm not the one who tested these, just don't agree with the way you're handling things in this thread. Like I said before don't like it, return it and the deal is closed.

Don't you find it strange that this whole thread is fueled by just you and reactor?

I think you may have misunderstood something here. I'm not handling or fueling anything, this is unmoderated thread, you can post anything you want as long as you are willing to take fire for it, which you seem to be, so respect for that. On the other hand anybody can post anything, so deal with that too. I'm still not sure how a user who agreed with one of my posts "leads" to me, but hey, free speech, you're welcome.

On the subject of diff, as I posted just above, most if not all other coins have LOWER difficulty, so would it mean lower power consumption? The miner certainly has no idea which coin it's mining, all Scrypt hashes are the same. The only thing that can be different is how often it hits a share but even that depends on pool difficulty, not coin/network difficulty. All I'm looking for is is some link or other reference if you can't answer yourself.

Edit: missing _____.
Small Red and Bad
Name:   octave1
Activity:   14
Position:   Newbie
Date Registered:   31 May 2014

All posts in the GAW thread - I bet its a sock of either suchmoon or reactor, made to simply mirror their posts.
Talking to a fake account is like talking to an ass all it will do is shit on you.

See the problem with you GAW loyalists (I hope that's not offensive, let me know if there is a better way to characterize what you're trying to do) is that you tend to skip over the substance of some very important points and keep repeating the PR slogans and "agenda" conspiracy. Could you please address the power vs difficulty question without veering into a straw man argument?

So you guys using a fake account to back your posts is not important enough?

I was assured that the power consumption was tested on LTC before shipping and was within the parameters shown on the site. What you see drawn from the grid depends on what you mine and what PSU you use.

Somebody agreeing with one of my posts does not make it a fake account. Is alienesb your fake account? Are you GAW CEO's fake account? BTW I had a mirror image of this argument with the CEO who claimed that I have an agenda just because I disagreed with him. Agree = fake, disagree = agenda. Can't win.

I was asking specifically about your statement that "The higher the difficulty the more power the machine needs" and what is the ratio of that power increase. I.e. how much more power will be needed as LTC difficulty continues to rise. I find it quite unbelievable ("utter bollocks" actually) but if you have a source to back it up please do. "I was assured" doesn't count, we were all assured it's going to be 15W and look where that got us.

I used to run Zoomhash campaign before GAW even came to this forums so I can't be Josh, sorry for disappointing you. On the other hand an account made yesterday to praise your posts leads to you, whether you like it or not.
I wasn't talking about LTC difficulty but different coins. Not all of them draw the same amount of power from the unit, period.
My opinion doesn't count, so sad,  I'm not the one who tested these, just don't agree with the way you're handling things in this thread. Like I said before don't like it, return it and the deal is closed.

Don't you find it strange that this whole thread is fueled by just you and reactor?
legendary
legendary
So if they tested on LTC, why does Zeus show Aurora, Doge, LTC, and FeatherCoin on their site?  They're selling scrypt hardware but only ever really checked in on LTC?  Now that makes sense.

I think LTC has the highest hashrate and highest difficulty of all Scrypt coins, so it should have the highest power consumption. Mining anything else should be significantly less wire-melting. I'm really struggling with this power-to-diff thing to say the least. Can't wait for my Blizzards (ironic name if you think about it), will do some testing with different coins.

Edit: speeling.
legendary

All posts in the GAW thread - I bet its a sock of either suchmoon or reactor, made to simply mirror their posts.
Talking to a fake account is like talking to an ass all it will do is shit on you.

See the problem with you GAW loyalists (I hope that's not offensive, let me know if there is a better way to characterize what you're trying to do) is that you tend to skip over the substance of some very important points and keep repeating the PR slogans and "agenda" conspiracy. Could you please address the power vs difficulty question without veering into a straw man argument?

I was assured that the power consumption was tested on LTC before shipping and was within the parameters shown on the site. What you see drawn from the grid depends on what you mine and what PSU you use.

Somebody agreeing with one of my posts does not make it a fake account. Is alienesb your fake account? Are you GAW CEO's fake account? BTW I had a mirror image of this argument with the CEO who claimed that I have an agenda just because I disagreed with him. Agree = fake, disagree = agenda. Can't win.

I was asking specifically about your statement that "The higher the difficulty the more power the machine needs" and what is the ratio of that power increase. I.e. how much more power will be needed as LTC difficulty continues to rise. I find it quite unbelievable ("utter bollocks" actually) but if you have a source to back it up please do. "I was assured" doesn't count, we were all assured it's going to be 15W and look where that got us.
Small Red and Bad
Like I said you love the attention and stirring the pot.

So you set up the miner and don't check what address is in the configuration, just plug it in and think it will know its owner.

As for the rest I got one answer for you: REFUND
Small Red and Bad

legendary

Small Red and Bad
So in other words, reactor, you just said that GAW somehow knew how to set up the miners, they didn't have fire in their facility, didn't melt the PSUs or damage due to the bad wiring, everything got connected right and mined right, yet you had problems with all these things.

And nope, I'm not paid for writing in this topic, I'm paid for running a signature campaign, but just can't read this without saying a word.

You were offered a refund and didn't take it, you claim you have difficulties setting up the hardware you got, but claim GAW mined on it before shipping.
So it worked when they were testing it but you can't set it up properly, yet don't want to return it.

IMO you're just bored and like to argue, the length of your posts proves it.
Activity: 49
Merit: 0
Anybody got pics of the War Hammer ?
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Well it's no longer a feedback thread, now it's a witch hunt/conspiracy thread. I only bother to post because it's fun hearing these guys spout out these ridiculous theories.
Small Red and Bad

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
About that power issue, I was informed that it was measured on LTC . The problem is not the pool you're using but the current difficulty and coin type. The higher the difficulty the more power the machine needs.
Early gridseeds had exactly the same issue , having different power draw depending on the coin you're mining.

I was also assured that if you have a faulty hardware you can return it and have it refunded, so I'm sorry but I don't see an issue here.

I also fail to see a connection with them and BFL. They said they'll deliver and they did, if you got the hardware a day or 2 later, there is really no issue, most online stores reserve at least a week for this.
And as I said before you can return the hardware if you want. As for your time, imagine you go to a store, buy something, come back home and don't like it, go back to return and request money for your lost time Cheesy Are you serious?

This is the second time in this thread that you're referring to some mysterious information only you have access to. And with all due respect it sounds like complete and utter bollocks. Are you saying that these miners will require more and more power as LTC difficulty rises? LTC diff went up by about 30% since they first announced power consumption at 15W per MH/s, does it mean that a 30% increase in difficulty requires 3 times more power now at 45W per MH/s ?

Yes, complete and utter bollocks
Hasnt got a fucking scoobies

And he works for gaw judging by this https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/gaw-miners-pays-for-your-signature-high-rates-50posts-01btc-join-us-530420
Yes they are paying people to promote their products on here with fake reviews, quite openly
Worrying
legendary
About that power issue, I was informed that it was measured on LTC . The problem is not the pool you're using but the current difficulty and coin type. The higher the difficulty the more power the machine needs.
Early gridseeds had exactly the same issue , having different power draw depending on the coin you're mining.

I was also assured that if you have a faulty hardware you can return it and have it refunded, so I'm sorry but I don't see an issue here.

I also fail to see a connection with them and BFL. They said they'll deliver and they did, if you got the hardware a day or 2 later, there is really no issue, most online stores reserve at least a week for this.
And as I said before you can return the hardware if you want. As for your time, imagine you go to a store, buy something, come back home and don't like it, go back to return and request money for your lost time Cheesy Are you serious?

This is the second time in this thread that you're referring to some mysterious information only you have access to. And with all due respect it sounds like complete and utter bollocks. Are you saying that these miners will require more and more power as LTC difficulty rises? LTC diff went up by about 30% since they first announced power consumption at 15W per MH/s, does it mean that a 30% increase in difficulty requires 3 times more power now at 45W per MH/s ?
Activity: 938
@halofirebtc

Then why is my Falcon pulling 1100 Watts from the wall for mining CGA with stabilized diff of 2 and net hashrate of 180-200MH?? Big difference than the HUGE difficulty of LTC.....

Say what? You own a Falcon. And its running at 180-200MHz?  wtf?

I'll clarify. CGA net hashrate is 180-200MH/s.  Going to be testing starcoin with net hash of 50MH/s to see what power draw is for a REALLY low diff coin. Any less net hashrate than that runs risk of 51% from my asic.

my falcon does 24-28MH, btw. waiting to see if they release promised patch before I decide to return it or not.

A) I believe you own a falcon.
B) I believe you when you post numbers like 1100 watts
C) My guess if all coins will mine at a 950 to 1150 watt  number in the 24mh-28mh range  .

which at best would be 33 watts  an mh. 
please tell me the make and model of your psu.

I have a 1300 watt evga psu  gold  rating a stud psu .  If you have an equal let us know.

You may have a poor qualit psu which would account for as much as 100 of those 1100 watts.

you may have a high watt pc setup which would be  40 or 50 extra watts.   

but  it seems to me  at best you are going to get to is 900 plus watts.  for the falcon alone.

I am in the process of getting more gridseed blades .

I may go to 5 of them.

that would be close to an exact match of your falcon.

we can point the gear at the same pool.

say wemineltc   ltc only   and see if you do 1000-1100 watts  for 28mh  and if I do 420 watts for 26mh

Corsair AX1200 gold rating and gets 88-89% efficiency at this load, cables get warm so i downclock to 290 for long mining times and they're fine. I was actually worried about the pci-e connectors melting, but the Falcon pulls so much air, they stay cool. PSU is NOT in the falcon case. I test everything at 328 as general point of reference. my mobo and idle gpu 270x pull 125 watts for a total of 1230 watts at 110.4v being pulled from the wall at 328. I'd average the Falcon to be pulling 1100 from the wall so 1000 dc watts based on fluctuations mining CGA with difficulty of 2.5-3 at the time.
Activity: 938
@halofirebtc

Then why is my Falcon pulling 1100 Watts from the wall for mining CGA with stabilized diff of 2 and net hashrate of 180-200MH?? Big difference than the HUGE difficulty of LTC.....

Say what? You own a Falcon. And its running at 180-200MHz?  wtf?

I'll clarify. CGA net hashrate is 180-200MH/s.  Going to be testing starcoin with net hash of 50MH/s to see what power draw is for a REALLY low diff coin. Any less net hashrate than that runs risk of 51% from my asic.

my falcon does 24-28MH, btw. waiting to see if they release promised patch before I decide to return it or not.

OK. Would you mind posting a photo of your falcon? Im not calling you out, I just want to see a photo of an actual falcon. What date did you receive it and what date was it ordered?

Thanks

Ordered 5/4, received 5/29. its big and red and has 3 loud-ass fans, comparable to an air conditioner at full blast. Reference cards for R9 290 are louder than Falcon. The side with the blue master board gets warm. has 3 green boards same size. Unit exhaust is warm, like a summer breeze, but not hot. I have it pointed out the window. It definitely moves some air through it. All high quality circuit boards, gold plating under the solder instead of normal copper.

Josh's pics I'm posting here, mine is the same exact thing:
https://ip.bitcointalk.org/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F1P3aRTS.jpg%3F1&t=540&c=DAPDWzGKeFmqnQ
https://ip.bitcointalk.org/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FetF1bqU.jpg%3F1&t=540&c=qKhyngz93WqyKg
Activity: 655
Merit: 504
You wan chili saus?
My week 1 Black Widow at about 14.5Mh/s

http://imgur.com/itfNZaD

What PSU are you using? Can you take a picture of the back where the power is connected? How warm are your PCIE cable wires getting? I see yours is only drawing 517W, that's not bad, what pool/difficulty is it mining against?
Pages:
Jump to: