Pages:
Author

Topic: GAW Miners (Scrypt/SHA256 miners and Hashlet cloud) independent feedback thread - page 41. (Read 82240 times)

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Yes people can be stupid but they also may be approaching things from a different angle. For example, even though I have hosted miners, I wouldn't mind a Falcon at the new wattage because I'm sitting next to a 3x 290 rig with an 1100W PSU that is only getting 2500MHs. So yeah, that would be a hell of an improvement even with some HW errors tossed in.

There have been some pedaling/backpedaling going on but in the end I'm hashing away with real power on a real product that was a pre-order people said would never come in. I haven't been doing this that long (6 months maybe) but even I know nothing in crypto goes all that smoothly. I think one of the issues GAW has they brought on themselves by making it too slick, making it seem like anyone can mine when the reality is it's still a bit more complicated than that.

Quick edit: Yeah, I hope nothing blows up either, for anyone.
So you're officially his client and are represented now? That changes things.
Activity: 372
Merit: 250
Don't jump into conclusions guys. Give them time to work it out, the miners have been out only for a day. You'll have every right to blame them if they won't manage to make it work as advertised. The additional power draw is a big blunder, but I'm sure they didn't know about it few days ago and are trying to fix it.
+1

But given how hot my cables and PSU are I'm now left wondering if I shouldn't have picked the hosted option. I'll have to play with frequency a bit.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Small Red and Bad
Don't jump into conclusions guys. Give them time to work it out, the miners have been out only for a day. You'll have every right to blame them if they won't manage to make it work as advertised. The additional power draw is a big blunder, but I'm sure they didn't know about it few days ago and are trying to fix it.
I understand there are issues but there's a reason why nvidia, AMD, Intel, Sun, Motorola and TI are not making these chips don't you think? They are inherently unstable it seems and are always being pushed/overclocked to eek out the most minor speed improvements.

As for the others, you certainly goaded them on well enough and it was pretty easy for you to do given your anonymity when they had to essentially let you know who they were. Some of the statements "from" GAW look/read like they are being passed on from Zeus. When they say "we" have been testing I think it's more like "the team of GAW/Zeus but really Zeus" is telling us.

Traditional mining is a dirty business and so is this it seems but I'll say it again, GAW tries to make it right and for me personally I don't have any buyers remorse (well maybe still some Gridseed Blade sting.)

One more thing, where is the "Zeus miner" thread instead of dumping this all on GAW?
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 1254
Thread-puller extraordinaire
Gaw Miners has high integrity

Yeah, we can see that integrity being sprayed all over the GAW thread by sock-puppet fan-boy accounts.

As has been said, GAW must be desperate if they are having to crap all over someone else's thread. Got a valid criticism GAW, or just dropping by to fling poo at your fellow countrymen?

Classy.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
well maybe the firmware will drop watts to a better number.   but 2x the watts of a gridseed at equal hash is not good. 

I am disappointed as I wanted to buy some of them. I am happy I got an antminer s-1 from them when they sent me a credit last week.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
Just when I thought it's going to be a slow day, I stumbled upon this little gem, thanks to GAW delete button being apparently asleep. Business must be really bad if they need to threadcrap competitors Smiley

Honestly people. I can tell you how it works. I am tired of how people like Jack operates and lies. It does a lot of damage to our community. As a co-founder of Gaw Miners, I am based in Shenzhen. I know of intricate details of the supply chain. Jack has on multiple occasions emailed me and declared that he has 1,000 if not 10,000 units coming in. Please, I work in the industry and he expects me to believe he put down $1m - $10m to buy stock. LA never use their own money and rely on presales and hitting targets demanded by manufacturers through groupbuys.

To me LA operates in either 2 ways:

1. Sell the latest miners that has eta dates. When promises are made, it can not be kept as the promise are either outright lies or too optimistic. Causes a lot of anger from customers, but customers have a short memory as LA seems to have the lowest prices. This leads to point 2.

2. Rather than sell stock at higher margins, LA and multiple others alike in China sell stock at super low margins and make it up for the 1st or 2nd week of customer's miners. Go do a BTC or LTC calculation on a calculator and you can see how much % profit can be made in the first 2 weeks. Chinese resellers are the biggest culprits. There is no doubt in my mind LA has your miner, its just in their farm hashing for their account. Chinese labour is super cheap to setup miners and take them down after use. Gaw Miners has high integrity and a huge brand to protect and we have never and will never do that.

Customers and people in the community needs to understand this business model, and if you continue to want to buy from resellers like this. It is your choice.

Other culprits are other Chinese agents on this forum and the biggest culprit is Dragon Miners.
Activity: 655
Merit: 504
You wan chili saus?
The Black Widow is a really nice bit of kit, but there is no denying it draws 600W not the 370W stated. Hopefully the upcoming update Josh talked about will address this somewhat. At the moment I fear people are actually at risk of setting fire to their homes with some of the larger miners if they are not paying attention. Sad
legendary
I'm hoping that even with the power issues enough of these hit the market that the A2 chips (Inosiliconwhatever) drop in price because 28nm is where it's at and the people with those are not complaining nearly as much as the Zeus products. Still, even with the power usage it beats the hell out of GPUs.

I'll do some side-by-side comparison when I get my Blizzards but if the 40-50W per 1.3 MH/s Scrypt is true I think I'd rather have 750 Ti hashing X11.
I'm hoping that even with the power issues enough of these hit the market that the A2 chips (Inosiliconwhatever) drop in price because 28nm is where it's at and the people with those are not complaining nearly as much as the Zeus products. Still, even with the power usage it beats the hell out of GPUs.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Hey Everyone

We are working on an update to bring down the power consumption considerably. We will release through both zen and the stand alone app
legendary
legendary
What do you have against gaw?

You can start with the OP and I can add that out of my 5 orders with them not a single one was without issues. At the last count I had 32 tickets with support and I think that is way way too much. I'm a very reasonable person but this experience has tested my patience like nothing else.

By comparison, I've spent about an order of magnitude more money with other vendors and had about an order of magnitude fewer (perhaps a handful total) of support contacts, and none of the tooth pulling that comes with GAW. I won't even go into the bizarre PMs with the "CEO" with his whole agenda thing.

And yes, the lies. I hate liars. I know I'm in the minority with this, but that doesn't make it right.

To your point about this being wild-west-gold-rush type of thing - sure there's that, but that doesn't make it right either. I'm sure if I had the misfortune to deal with BFL or KNC or some other "darlings" of this forum I'd be harping at full volume too. As it is now, GAW happens to be my favorite shit-dealer.
legendary
Zeus looking for a new hosting partner?  I missed that one, care to share a link?

Very pissed off.  The original partnership was announced in a quasi-press release (CCN) and this is the first time anyone is saying anything about it, what, dissolving?  Transparency is a requirement in this business.

http://us8.campaign-archive2.com/?u=e7f58a67b04eae5ef4525d2a8&id=68ae6f1016&e=b528a3d51c

Look for the heading "A few words about hosting service....".  I think, unfortunately, it was worded very carefully.  

Edit: Wow, this thread lost a whole page today.

I agree with you on this.

They are not being transparent about the hosting. I just spoke to Terry on this. I was not going to say anything out-loud, but now that I read the way they worded that, I am. They did this as a stale tactic as the hardware is delayed. Essentially, they through us under the bus to save face. We are still doing all the hosting, but the hardware is not available to do it yet.

In short, you are correct here, and I want to be open about whats going on.

Reactor, sent you a few PMs

I've worked in IT and owned a business for over 10 years now and I've NEVER seen anything like this litecoin ASIC rush.  There have been bumps, some larger than others, that would NOT pass in the real world.  But since we're all greedy we're willing to look the other way.

I'm super pissed at Zeus, I have a Cyclone ordered with them and it's been stuck in a customs warehouse for 2 days now being "inspected".  No return emails from them, I can't call them, I can't PM the CEO on a forum, etc.

Josh, you and I have exchanged quite a few PM's and you know my thoughts on this.  I hold everybody accountable, and so far you're the ONLY one that's doing it right now.

I rate Josh 'Good"  Josh of GAW not bad Josh of  BFL  as the most accessible business owner of mining gear I have ever dealt with.  He also makes a real effort to satisfy my issues.  I am only in the 3-5k range of customer yet he pays attention to me.

Second place is Mike of zoom hash  he is pretty good wit problems and does pay attention.

But after reading results on this new GAW gear so far

it looks to me that a grid seed blade is the better miner.

Maybe the watts are wrong but they seem to be really high.  falcon 1000 watts for 25-27mh   is terrible compared to 5 grid seed blades.
Activity: 92
Merit: 10
Zeus looking for a new hosting partner?  I missed that one, care to share a link?

Very pissed off.  The original partnership was announced in a quasi-press release (CCN) and this is the first time anyone is saying anything about it, what, dissolving?  Transparency is a requirement in this business.

http://us8.campaign-archive2.com/?u=e7f58a67b04eae5ef4525d2a8&id=68ae6f1016&e=b528a3d51c

Look for the heading "A few words about hosting service....".  I think, unfortunately, it was worded very carefully.  

They are not being transparent about the hosting. I just spoke to Terry on this. I was not going to say anything out-loud, but now that I read the way they worded that, I am. They did this as a stale tactic as the hardware is delayed. Essentially, they through us under the bus to save face. We are still doing all the hosting, but the hardware is not available to do it yet.

I've worked in IT and owned a business for over 10 years now and I've NEVER seen anything like this litecoin ASIC rush.  There have been bumps, some larger than others, that would NOT pass in the real world.  But since we're all greedy we're willing to look the other way.

I'm super pissed at Zeus, I have a Cyclone ordered with them and it's been stuck in a customs warehouse for 2 days now being "inspected".  No return emails from them, I can't call them, I can't PM the CEO on a forum, etc.

Josh, you and I have exchanged quite a few PM's and you know my thoughts on this.  I hold everybody accountable, and so far you're the ONLY one that's doing it right now.

Gaw you have always been square dealer with me. In fact I am listening to an s-1 miner delivered today from gaw miners what is that. an a sic miner for btc yep!

You gave me a store credit for  bad  'old' giridseed miners that were dumped on you by grid seed.

I wanted the new gear but I was afraid of a bad rollout. so I used the credit to order the ant miner from you.

I will get some of the gaw new gear once the kinks get straightened out.

To anyone reading this thread at least GAW miner comes on to the thread and attempts to fix errors.  Most companies are f you.

This is why I am posting here because Gaw makes the effort to fix fuckups.

this gear is rushed to market  why cause it is a fucking gold rush or silver rush.  read about gold rushes and silver rushes on wiki.

I have been play this game for 2 years I learned to walk a few yards behind the pack and pick up crumbs.

Why because it has been working that way.  I would love to know how many companies let you use a cc or paypal in this game.

A bit off topic maybe but NO COMPANY should ever accept Paypal if it is remotely related to Bitcoin, I have a feeling GAW learned about it the hard way.  I've been screwed by Paypal so many times that I'm actually in the process of suing them for a substantial amount of money.  Paypal is the last method of payment anyone should accept as far as I'm concerned.
legendary

Gaw you have always been square dealer with me. In fact I am listening to an s-1 miner delivered today from gaw miners what is that. an a sic miner for btc yep!

You gave me a store credit for  bad  'old' giridseed miners that were dumped on you by grid seed.

I wanted the new gear but I was afraid of a bad rollout. so I used the credit to order the ant miner from you.

I will get some of the gaw new gear once the kinks get straightened out.

To anyone reading this thread at least GAW miner comes on to the thread and attempts to fix errors.  Most companies are f you.

This is why I am posting here because Gaw makes the effort to fix fuckups.

this gear is rushed to market  why cause it is a fucking gold rush or silver rush.  read about gold rushes and silver rushes on wiki.

I have been play this game for 2 years I learned to walk a few yards behind the pack and pick up crumbs.

Why because it has been working that way.  I would love to know how many companies let you use a cc or paypal in this game.

-- Edit

I agree with the ZenController, IMHO it's one big black box that and the site is minimal to say the least.  I'm going to wait a while before I give it another try, it's so buggy right now that I would be afraid to be assigned the pools from someone else.

I ended up starting from scratch on the RPi and recompiling everything.. I'm using CGWather to monitor and add/edit/switch pools until I find a somewhat decent front end.
legendary
So what do we have for today in GAW land:

Zenminer seems to be accepting registrations as promised. Some minor glitches (WiFi etc), nothing out of ordinary it seems. I was a bit surprised they donn't support Zeus hardware even though they have it listed on their site. Maybe the zen guy misspoke.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7018183

PCI-E connectors on the miners are shorting PSUs - that's a nasty one, could be terminal if you have a cheap PSU without short circuit protection.

Reactor and waldohoover were bribed / lawyered / beaten into conformance Smiley .

reactor and waldohoover can speak for their selves .

How about their issues were fixed correctly and fairly. IMHO

What do you have against gaw?  BTW  I use both gaw and zoom hash .  both have had lots of errors on my orders and b oth make efforts to fix the errors.

Even the great bit main of s-1 legend has errors and I can tell you their rma service is worse then either GAW oR ZOOMHASH.

So far I am getting grid seed  blades from zoomhash  since they are proven gear.

I have to say  GAW has to be annoyed with the wiring issue  as the gear is costly.
Pages:
Jump to: