Pages:
Author

Topic: GAW Miners (Scrypt/SHA256 miners and Hashlet cloud) independent feedback thread - page 40. (Read 82240 times)

Activity: 372
Merit: 250
Hi, Alarm bells are ringing

I have so far only seen one person here post that they have actually received any of the following units from Gaw and he/she stated they were one of gaws founders:

War Machine
Falcon
Black Widow
A2 Terminator

I see a lot of talk about Fury.. with some problems stated.

I havent seen anyone state they received the above items
I havent seen anyone state they have received hosting plans, working for these.

Week 2 starts on Monday 2nd June.

So what happened to week 1?  Nobody received anything or everyone totally happy. Ive only found one video about black widow posts (unboxing video) and nothing for the others.

Also the hosted Terminator.. the date has shifted from 2nd July to 4th July. I wants updated about it by email i just happened to notice when logging into my account.

Has anyone actually ever seen, touched, layed hands on a War Machine, Falcon, Black Widow or Terminator supplied by Gaw.

Their images of War Machine and Falcon arent real products look closely they are 3D renditions

Also if you look at GAWs site there are no reviews for any of their branded miners apart from Fury (5 reviews which look a bit fake)

Also i notice in all these posts on the forum there are lots of smileys and a similar writing style. Seems a bit fake also. Rumours of GAW bribing people to write positive thing about them.

Im Concerned - where are all the week one customers? Was their actually a week one at all?

Got my Black Widow Thursday (in Canada).  People in the USA got it a day or two before that, Canada always takes a bit longer.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
 I Just ordered from gawminers

this is a very good product that they sell

I had a store credit and purchased this from them

http://www.gawminers.com/6-pin-pcie-to-3-x-2-1mm-barrel-tip-power-cable/

If they ever decide to carry gridseed blades again I will order gridseed blades from them.

For now I order gridseed blades from zoomhash.
As of right now I only recommend gridseed products for asic mining of scrypt coins in your own home. Due to power and safety issues.

Sad that gawminers has had these problems.  

I hope it gets fixed for those that purchased the newer gear from them.

Note gawminers hosting service appears to be okay if you use a cc and get a 60 or more day  return policy
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Hi, Alarm bells are ringing

I have so far only seen one person here post that they have actually received any of the following units from Gaw and he/she stated they were one of gaws founders:

War Machine
Falcon
Black Widow
A2 Terminator

I see a lot of talk about Fury.. with some problems stated.

I havent seen anyone state they received the above items
I havent seen anyone state they have received hosting plans, working for these.

Week 2 starts on Monday 2nd June.

So what happened to week 1?  Nobody received anything or everyone totally happy. Ive only found one video about black widow posts (unboxing video) and nothing for the others.

Also the hosted Terminator.. the date has shifted from 2nd July to 4th July. I wants updated about it by email i just happened to notice when logging into my account.

Has anyone actually ever seen, touched, layed hands on a War Machine, Falcon, Black Widow or Terminator supplied by Gaw.

Their images of War Machine and Falcon arent real products look closely they are 3D renditions

Also if you look at GAWs site there are no reviews for any of their branded miners apart from Fury (5 reviews which look a bit fake)

Also i notice in all these posts on the forum there are lots of smileys and a similar writing style. Seems a bit fake also. Rumours of GAW bribing people to write positive thing about them.

Im Concerned - where are all the week one customers? Was their actually a week one at all?
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
@halofirebtc
Anyone else get the power draw email? Looks like we're stuck, and no word of update. Can anyone code our miners to run better? Is it as simple as that?
Activity: 2
great service indeed keep it up
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 1254
Thread-puller extraordinaire
moderated threads should be pink so they are easy to spot

That is an excellent idea.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Gridseed is not A2/innosiicon
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
It's weirdly reassuring to see the "CEO" continuing the grand tradition of bullshit in the new forums:

Hey Guys, I asked them to add the back up pool tonight Smiley
(one hour before midnight EST)

We bought out the next 2 weeks of their supply, and we sold all of them
(in response to a question why A2 miners are not available)

We are already in talks with them Smiley
(regarding custom A2 miners; I guess they made up with Gridseed aka the arch-nemesis then?)

I got bored after a few minutes though, we need to send reactor there to stir it up a little bit.
Activity: 4
I was actually trying to say in my prior post that I haven't even ordered a miner.  I was in the process of ordering one when it was pulled down today (I was since informed of that and that the A2 would be posted back onlien when inventory was available)  I'm sorry for the confusion this may have caused
Activity: 655
Merit: 504
You wan chili saus?
What legal conversations? I don't think one trolls talk of chatting with his lawyer is grounds for abandoning a forum entirely!

Sorry you haven't got you miner yet, have you reached out to GAW to find out where it is? They're very good at at least giving you a status update to what the delay is.
Activity: 4
when a legal conversation starts to ensue, I'm sure that a company's hand is forced.  Again, I think some good questions are being raised and I have yet to receive my first miner from them, however I can see from a business perspective how alot of this conversation was not productive.
Activity: 655
Merit: 504
You wan chili saus?
wow im glad i read this i was almost thinking of buying from them. I don't trust anyone who moderates their thread. moderated threads should be pink so they are easy to spot

Regardless of everything else, their miners are really good. I have a Black Widow and it's a really nice machine, but, you do need to be aware it draws 600W not the stated 370W and account for that with your PSU / cabling.

While I support GAW opening it's own forum, I'm disappointed that they are cutting off Bitcointalk communication entirely, that openess (good and bad) was one of the the main things I liked about GAW. Bit of a shame really. Sad
wow im glad i read this i was almost thinking of buying from them. I don't trust anyone who moderates their thread. moderated threads should be pink so they are easy to spot

+1 on the pink idea
Activity: 446
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
I'm currently puzzled by a couple of things:

Why is this thread getting shorter? Somebody must be removing their posts, just can't figure out why  Huh

How is GAW going to improve their reputation by leaving? I guess they have written off bitcointalk audience as hopeless and will focus their marketing elsewhere. It might even work for long enough to complete a couple more preorders of some crap or another but I'm having trouble understanding their long term plan. Perhaps there isn't one.
The primary issue with the power consumption boost is that a 'firm' number wasn't documented till after Week 1 units were delivered to people. If they are in fact using the same units for hosting (cases, chips, etc.) then they should have been well aware of the power draw prior to release since it was posted that they had the actual fury/widow/falcon/war machine on hand during the pre-order phase.

There was a change in the power consumption needs on the store pages a week or two ago after Gaw CEO posted about a 10-15% increase in power + hashing speed, so this is a second bump in the power needs for these ASICs. This newest one ultimately more egregious since it wasn't pointed out till people had the units in hand.

I only a Fury (and two week 2 coming next week), and the power brick that came with it gets pretty damn hot. I can only imagine trying to cool down the PSUs for the bigger machines!

As mentioned a few times, you may return your unit for a full refund.

How does that work for people who upgraded?
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
http://www.gawminers.com
The primary issue with the power consumption boost is that a 'firm' number wasn't documented till after Week 1 units were delivered to people. If they are in fact using the same units for hosting (cases, chips, etc.) then they should have been well aware of the power draw prior to release since it was posted that they had the actual fury/widow/falcon/war machine on hand during the pre-order phase.

There was a change in the power consumption needs on the store pages a week or two ago after Gaw CEO posted about a 10-15% increase in power + hashing speed, so this is a second bump in the power needs for these ASICs. This newest one ultimately more egregious since it wasn't pointed out till people had the units in hand.

I only a Fury (and two week 2 coming next week), and the power brick that came with it gets pretty damn hot. I can only imagine trying to cool down the PSUs for the bigger machines!

As mentioned a few times, you may return your unit for a full refund.
Activity: 21

Pages:
Jump to: