Pages:
Author

Topic: GAW Miners (Scrypt/SHA256 miners and Hashlet cloud) independent feedback thread - page 44. (Read 82240 times)

legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
Is that Zengawzeus frankentroller actually working? GAW confirmed that you can't register on the site yet, there is no contact info (I believe reactor brought it up already), and there is no other mining software available (cgminer?). They also don't provide a download of the Pi image, what possible purpose does such a restriction serve? Anyone who gets it will be able to make a copy anyway unless there some copy protection, which wouldn't make sense since it doesn't function without the cloud. Actually they could save money by providing downloads instead of shipping a Pi to everyone. I can see a lot of cheap Pis on eBay soon Smiley

Don't get me wrong, I sure hope it does work as promised - I recommended GAW (we all make mistakes don't we) to some people who kind of hold me responsible and I'm not looking forward to providing support for something I don't have a clue about... at least with Gridseeds I could actually help. Thankfully most are in week 3, so perhaps it will get sorted by then.
Activity: 655
Merit: 504
You wan chili saus?
You do have some valid questions, I tried to give you my 2c to the ones I could in the other thread, but you are way too frustrated and picking on a lot of things that frankly just don't really matter. But really dude, this constant diatribe about the zenminer being a scary black-box etc really does nothing but prevent people from bothering to read your questions that are actually worth answering.  Roll Eyes
Activity: 47
Merit: 0
Last time I posted in this thread I was pretty disenchanted about the whole experience of purchasing and running a hosted blade with GAW. Happily, the downtime problems seem to have been basically eliminated. Luke, one of the tech support guys also hooked me up with 24 hours of hashing on several blades rather than my usual one, to make up for the downtime which was an effective gesture. Prior to this point I was pretty much ready to throw the towel in, and even asked for a refund, but they seem to have really turned things around. My blade hasn't been offline for any noticeable period since, except if I am restarting it.

I was also able to get store credit left over from another return and purchase refunded back to my credit card too, which was really appreciated.

Obviously, the business has gone through some growing pains and required more than the usual share of patience from some of it's customers, particularly regarding it's hosting, but they have obviously put in the effort to rectify this and things seem pretty spot on now.

It would be nice to have email alerts for downtime, but so far I haven't run into any issues.
legendary
Ok, let me rephrase that: CEO has a bot - invokes a robocop or a terminator-no-relation-to-innosilicon image - and tons of time on his hands, tough to argue with that.
legendary
reactor, just wondering if the CEO "banned" you from his thread? He said he banned me. Although I don't think there is such a thing I'm going to comply anyway, since I don't see any point in aggravating these guys or the mods. CEO has the mighty delete button and tons of time on his hands, tough to argue with that Smiley
legendary
The thing I don't get is that Josh/GAW seem to have the best of intentions and incredibly high and optimistic hopes for what they can do for the industry... and we're seeing the same mistakes as the Gen1 BTC ASIC generation.  I'd imagine by this point people who are experienced in industry know to learn from their predecessors and not make the same mistakes about selling big and delivering moderately. 

You're right though, if the A2 vs. 'Big Zeus Machine' is any indication, the Gridseed/Inno team-up will dominate the landscape for some time to come.  I just wish I knew whether to sink money in more blades or if there will be some price warring going on. Wink

I have a pretty interesting PM conversation going on, maybe I'll post it here later for posterity Smiley

Re: price wars, with Zeus basically out of contention at the moment, there wouldn't be much competition would it? Well, maybe Zeus resellers would try to undercut each other.

Yeah, because power is a different issue for different people.  If power price is negligible and folks have easier access to Zeus* than A2 units (maybe they only have $6k and not $11k), then they'll get and run the Zeus hardware.  For people with the choice, cash, and ability to run hardware, A2 beats the shit out of the specs we're seeing for Zeus and is proven to work.  To say that ~30MH of Zeus is the same power as 88MH of A2 is insane, it's not even apples to oranges, it's sloppy hardware versus refined hardware.

55nm vs 28nm as well, I guess you can't bend the laws of physics with sheer marketing force Smiley

By the way there are smaller A2 rigs, the 80+ MH/s one I think has six blades inside, and there are 2- and 4-blade options from some of the resellers.
legendary
The thing I don't get is that Josh/GAW seem to have the best of intentions and incredibly high and optimistic hopes for what they can do for the industry... and we're seeing the same mistakes as the Gen1 BTC ASIC generation.  I'd imagine by this point people who are experienced in industry know to learn from their predecessors and not make the same mistakes about selling big and delivering moderately. 

You're right though, if the A2 vs. 'Big Zeus Machine' is any indication, the Gridseed/Inno team-up will dominate the landscape for some time to come.  I just wish I knew whether to sink money in more blades or if there will be some price warring going on. Wink

I have a pretty interesting PM conversation going on, maybe I'll post it here later for posterity Smiley

Re: price wars, with Zeus basically out of contention at the moment, there wouldn't be much competition would it? Well, maybe Zeus resellers would try to undercut each other.
legendary
legendary
My notifications don't match the actual GAW thread by a longshot.  I really wish notification emails also contained the post content, feel like I'm missing some gems tonight.

All-in-all though everyone who is selling the new Zeus gear is very quiet right now.  I'll be fucking floored if the reason GAW_CEO mentioned, testing on different coins/pools gives highly variable power draw, is the reality as everyone is trumpeting these as scrypt mining chips, not LTC mining chips, and a bulk of the scrypt market is and has been multicoin, trading, etc.

These next few days are going to be very interesting, dying to see how my four pre-orders pan out. Smiley

Then again, while trying to search for the content on bitcointa.lk (don't see the threads mirrored there, shame!) I noticed MinerEU mentioning the GridSeed/A2 connection and mentioning they are mainly selling to private farms?  Seriously, it's lovely seeing a company posting on a COMMUNITY forum about how they're targeting larger farms (which are profit cows, not anyone that really gives a shit about the tech).  I love this stuff.

My e-mails do contain post contents, or maybe it's an option, check your settings. Keep in mind that you will get a notification on the first reply after your last visit to the forum, and then no more notifications for that thread until you visit the site again. Bitcointa.lk does have GAW thread, but with the old title, something about $189.99 Gridseeds I think Smiley

A2 being expensive as it is AND significantly more efficient than anything else currently available, it would of course be appealing mostly for farmers, but then again farmers hoarded GPUs too. If a person can make a profit mining then a big business can make even more profit doing the same,  I don't think you could prevent that?

I'm seriously pissed at Zeus for their bait and switch, first with the "free cloud hosting", then with power consumption, and what's with the ugly fan screwed onto the Blizzard  Roll Eyes. Thankfully I only ordered a handful of miners from them, had a feeling they were blowing a bubble all along. No preorders anymore, never again, only in-stock tested miners for me from now on.
Activity: 153
Merit: 100
Glad to have worked out a resolution!
Awaiting my order and new order to show up!

Thank you for personally contacting and not using a third party to distance yourselves.
Activity: 1
I'm also have been waiting on a call for days!

I am having a bad experience with a very simple order from GAW.

Ticket: 9724
Order: 5181

---------------------------------------------------

Update!

Within a few hours of posting on this thread I received a message from Josh updating me on the status of my order, which had apparently been lost between GAW's internal sale/shipping systems. Josh was very pleasant, straight-forward, and apologetic. He put the order in express mail the following day and also pledged to refund the order. This seems above and beyond great customer service. I will update this post again when I receive the refund.
Activity: 153
Josh, awaiting a call

support request (10054)
Order #3566
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
I am getting frustrated with GAW hosted miners constant going offline.  Today, 05/11/2014,  I wrote an e-mail to CEO of GAW miners, Josh Garza.

Hi Josh,

Order # 4151 & 3593

I am sorry to write this.   Here is my story.

I purchased 2 hosted blade miners, one on 4/26/2014 that went live on the night of 5/2/04, the other was purchased on 5/3/2014.  I paid about $3000 ($1,600 & $1,400) just before each price drop to $1,500 & $1,000.

Within the past week and half, there were constant numerous constant outages.  Miners went offline for hours.  The last time it was like off-line for 12 hours i think.  I constant have to monitor it.  I have called and sent support tickets. The support staff are very polite but what is the point of hosting if I have constant monitor it? Shouldn't there be some kind of alert when a miner goes offline?  

In the 1.5 to 2 weeks time on my hosted miners, I have only mined about 6-7 LTC's so far.

Is there a way for me to cancel both orders and get refunded?  I will return all the LTC's that were mined.  The only reason I went with housing is so that it can be set on cruise-control.  

Please let me know what you think.

P.S, as i am writing this, one of my blade is offline again.  This is really frustrating.

Sincerely yours

Edited and quote my self to add the following.

I contacted Josh, CEO, of GAW miners.  He has personally reached out to me and compensated me for my lost time.  As of today, 05/19/2014, I have upgraded my 2 hosted miners to 2 Widows. Very happy with GAW's service and on how they handled themselves.
Activity: 182
Activity: 10
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
Okey Dokey Lokey
Guys, GAW and Josh are just great.
Just send a support ticket and they will help. I never seen a company in this arena who offer such a good service and gives so much value to the costumer. I did have problems with the hosting and they solved it, not only they solved it they compensated me, BIG TIME. So even if you have problems, you know that someone is there to help you.

All I can say is:

SERVICE - 10
VALUE - 10
PRICES - 10
DELIVERY - 10

You cant go wrong with them. Josh and all of the stuff was very nice and helpful all the time and I am not even an American, so you can figure they had a hard time understanding what I am saying, which was also funny sometimes Smiley
Who is this Josh that you speak of? BFL_Josh is a total scumbag
Activity: 10
Guys, GAW and Josh are just great.
Just send a support ticket and they will help. I never seen a company in this arena who offer such a good service and gives so much value to the costumer. I did have problems with the hosting and they solved it, not only they solved it they compensated me, BIG TIME. So even if you have problems, you know that someone is there to help you.

All I can say is:

SERVICE - 10
VALUE - 10
PRICES - 10
DELIVERY - 10

You cant go wrong with them. Josh and all of the stuff was very nice and helpful all the time and I am not even an American, so you can figure they had a hard time understanding what I am saying, which was also funny sometimes Smiley
legendary
Looks like it isn't restarting, now it is just down... Probably waited at least half an hour after kicking off the restart. Now I've switched the pool priority. No luck.

You didn't order the upgrade to 13 MH/s by any chance, did you? That would have disabled your blade.

Your problem might be a good case to make use of GAWs forum monitoring skills Smiley. Go to their announcement thread, post your problem, your post will get deleted but you will probably get a PM offering "help". Worth a shot I think, if you can't get help from their support.
Activity: 6
Looks like it isn't restarting, now it is just down... Probably waited at least half an hour after kicking off the restart. Now I've switched the pool priority. No luck.
legendary
More issues with the hosted blade... Does anyone know what's going on if it is basically running at half speed? Cloud hash reports ~5.7 Mh/s, CleverMining reporting about ~2.7 for over a day now. I emailed GAW support yesterday inquiring, but no response yet. Looking at pool activity, I see ~30k Accept and ~28k Discard. Wonder if somehow only one of the 2 devices are being accepted? Not sure what Discards mean.

Don't worry about discards, I don't know why they even show them, it's misleading. Accepts, rejects, and hardware errors is what you should be looking at. Have you tried restarting the blade?
Pages:
Jump to: