Pages:
Author

Topic: GAW Miners (Scrypt/SHA256 miners and Hashlet cloud) independent feedback thread - page 45. (Read 82240 times)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0
More issues with the hosted blade... Does anyone know what's going on if it is basically running at half speed? Cloud hash reports ~5.7 Mh/s, CleverMining reporting about ~2.7 for over a day now. I emailed GAW support yesterday inquiring, but no response yet. Looking at pool activity, I see ~30k Accept and ~28k Discard. Wonder if somehow only one of the 2 devices are being accepted? Not sure what Discards mean.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
Okey Dokey Lokey
I'm currently waiting on an order to arrive and i've noticed a few things
Ground shipping ($0) gave an extremely simmilar shipping path, and expected ETA as USPS (Priority Mail International) for $31.60, GAW miners emailed recipt says that this is "same day" shipping, yet USPS tells me that there is no difference in the shipping methods for the packages I'm tracking

In other words, paying for priority shipping seems to have done Nothing. The package I paid extra to have arrive faster, is not moving faster, is taking the same route, and USPS says there is no difference in the package's shipping method...

So what was my money spent on?
The GAW team contacted me and were quite professional about my concerns.
They apologised for the mixup and refunded me the extra funds I had spent, Normally i'd be a little annoyed that my request for priority shipping was uhh Mishandled?
However I'm not since according to USPS, all the packages are likely to arrive at the same time. *shrugs* All is well!
My stuff arrived in 5 days which is pretty freaking good especially considering on small orders shipping is free!
All the items arrieved at the same time too, but sadly there was a little shipping mistake, I ordered 3 PSU's, but sadly got 3 usb cables, D: this seemed like a big problem at first so i paniced thinking, "Who ticked the wrong box?" and eventually contacted the GAW miners team, and without hesitation shipped me my PSU's with overnight delivery! Plus an extra backup one!

You really can't ask for more than that, I'm definitley happy with my experiance with GAW miners, a simple honest mistake was swiftley taken care of by generous profession action.
I'd definitely trust them again with my future purchases if they keep this kind of work ethic!
If anyone has an issue with them, contact them about it!, they aren't BFL'ers... hah!
Activity: 979
Merit: 510
Blade has been running 5.6 past 72 hours, so I'm happy there.
Now I just need me a nice coin to mine.
Activity: 153
Merit: 100
Working on my resolution now!

They are very willing to help. Seem too swamped which I consider a good problem to have.
Will consider my next purchase here once I get thru this issue.
Activity: 92
Merit: 10
I'm going on 8 hours of downtime on 1 blade......

I ordered the Black Widow upgrades for $500 apiece for my 2 blades however I'll host them myself at my office or datacenter.  I've had about 30 hours of downtime in the past month with my hosted blades.

Emailed you twice, can't help if you complain here, but don't respond Smiley

PM me, I didn't get any emails.  Last response was at 5:37am today from Thomas Nguyen.
Activity: 182

I ordered the Black Widow upgrades for $500 apiece for my 2 blades however I'll host them myself at my office or datacenter.  I've had about 30 hours of downtime in the past month with my hosted blades.

Emailed you twice, can't help if you complain here, but don't respond Smiley
Activity: 92

I ordered the Black Widow upgrades for $500 apiece for my 2 blades however I'll host them myself at my office or datacenter.  I've had about 30 hours of downtime in the past month with my hosted blades.

**Edit** Within 30 minutes of Josh contacting me my issues have been taken care of to my satisfaction.  He did what was right, and in the end that's what matters.
Well so my stuff arrived. what I thought the agreed upon status was cabled up PSUs. The few cables attached were either very poorly done by someone with no idea what a gap is, or why ALL the copper is needed to connect. I am also shocked at the nicks the the shielding. starting from scratch on those. 3 hours down today; going to be at least 4-5 hours more to getting this setup properly for a plug n play system.

Did not receive the correct amount of supplies on the initial order and alerted to this prior to the above shipment. Did not receive. No directions as per last conversation (only got miner config basic setup help info), and no specs on what the PSU can support seen on the help forum.

Sour taste in the mouth is back.
Activity: 188
Merit: 104
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
My new boxes have arrived! hopefully I have this up and running on Saturday (lots of setup)

Im glad to hear that for you. My USPS shipment is now very clearly being tracked and progressing -- which gives me some optimism back.

Although I know there are a lot of concerns expressed in this thread, I do have to give Josh credit for pro-actively following up with my particular case. He reached out to me, and offered me both a resolution and a fair offer of compensation. It certainly is not ideal that it had to reach this point -- but I think it would be unfair if we simply dismissed the good things they do try to do. And to give perspective, I'm probably a fairly small first time customer.
My new boxes have arrived! hopefully I have this up and running on Saturday (lots of setup)
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org

Flipside, people will be hesitant to deal with Gridseed in the future and they may have signed their own death certificate in the industry.  Other chips are coming and they pissed off a LOT of people. 

Nah, as long as they offer a compelling product with a good $/MHs they will sell more.

Aren't Gridseed in partnership with Innosilicon? Haven't been following that story recently. Innosilicon could be a formidable competitor, especially for the Zeus clones.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Flipside, people will be hesitant to deal with Gridseed in the future and they may have signed their own death certificate in the industry.  Other chips are coming and they pissed off a LOT of people. 

Nah, as long as they offer a compelling product with a good $/MHs they will sell more.
legendary
You suggested price fixing.

Did he really suggest price fixing? I read it more like a naive expectation that everyone will follow by example. In any case, this is nothing new, Bitmain have been doing this for a while - adjusting prices daily. The difference though is that they actually have their shit in stock and don't seem to be fixated on world domination, just delivering hardware.
legendary
Mr. CEO, it's true that we don't know the true ratio of complaints vs the number of orders/customers, but by the same token you can't claim that unhappy bitcointalk members constitute all of your unhappy customers. I do however have my own experience with GAW and I must be the unluckiest sucker in the world to have all these delivery delays, missing parts, blades going down 12 hours at a time etc etc while everything is peachy for everyone else. I strongly disagree that any of that requires escalation to the CEO to be resolved. A support ticket saying "my blade is down again" is about as simple as it gets.

What we do know however is the ratio of lies vs true facts, and it is not getting any better. You came in and made quite a splash in the ASIC hardware market while claiming transparency, honesty, and all these nice things, but it seems that you either have a very weak grasp of this whole thing or are deliberately misleading the public. Which is fine if that's how you choose to run your business, not the first or the last one to do that, just don't act all surprised if you are not universally admired on the brutal interwebs. 20-30% lost packages, I'm still laughing about that one Smiley

Sup!

So, about the hosting, is GAW eliminating hosting for GAW customers and only running hosting for Zeus customers?  

You can write a lot but little questions like these aren't being answered.  This is why I keep blabbering on here.  

"We are having trouble hosting the products we sold" vs. press info saying you're hosting for Zeus, fo' real?

What about your proposal to do an industry-wide price fix?  Fo' real?  That's illegal, for anyone in business as long as the GAW companies you should know that.  There's a reason we have laws against that type of activity in this country.

Thanks for making my point Smiley
legendary
USPS messes up/loses "20-30% of packages" (which is just freaking absurd)

Yeah, that was my favorite "fun fact" from yesterday Smiley

Kind of puts into perspective everything else GAW says or does.
Activity: 104

So GAW Miners doesn't have an option anymore for existing customers or new customers to have hosted miners?

BUT you can BUY a ZEUS MINER and GAW Miners will Host it?Huh

Search for GAW in the link ==> http://zeusminer.com/2014/05/07/progress-update-20140507/

I guess we all need to head over to ==> http://zeusminer.com/ to buy our miner if we want it hosted by GAW Miners!

Really??!!
Pages:
Jump to: