Pages:
Author

Topic: GAW Miners (Scrypt/SHA256 miners and Hashlet cloud) independent feedback thread - page 47. (Read 82240 times)

legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
My blade is hashing away, but not on any of the 3 pools I have configured. Confused. Been doing that for a while. It is either a problem with CleverMining's reporting, or it really is pointing to something else. Trying a restart, I guess.

Anyone else run into this sort of issue?

Edit: Looks like everything is getting discarded. What could cause that?

Which pool is your primary? Have you tried to move another one to the primary position?
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
My blade is hashing away, but not on any of the 3 pools I have configured. Confused. Been doing that for a while. It is either a problem with CleverMining's reporting, or it really is pointing to something else. Trying a restart, I guess.

Anyone else run into this sort of issue?

Edit: Looks like everything is getting discarded. What could cause that?
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
We'll see how the free Grid or Fury works because that's better than I'm getting from anyone else (like ZoomHash...)
Activity: 88
Merit: 10
GAW specifically stated their price protection and buyback policy, which now seems to be nothing and that's where most my frustration is.
This was a HUGE reason I (as part of the Founder's Club) bought some blades.  Price protection and buy back were huge promises, that they have now backed out on.

Up till that point, they had kept all their promises.

To say "oh, that's only for the gridseeds, and gridseed screwed us over, so there's nothing we can do going forward", now defines them for me.

They will make promises to get you to buy, then change the program when it doesn't work out for them.

Which again is a shame, because all their other great promos and promises (double has reward, quick uptime to getting hosted), they followed through on, where no other company was offering those services on Gridseeds.  And it was impressive for them to make those big promises, and actually deliver.  But now there is doubt for me going forward.
Activity: 188
Merit: 104
Activity: 938
@halofirebtc
I believe their next step will be a combined Merchant + Hash power pool at semi static rates, much like all the leaserigs and such based on the CEO post.  That is what I would do to fix the current issues.

The way the uptime currently works, it feels like they have 80% of the hardware spread over 100% of the paid clients, and just swapping the hash power around causing downtime for some, and cheers from others.
I say this as I have had around 20% downtime or very low hashing speed the past 2 weeks, right after all the new orders came online from the promotion I ordered too quick for.  After around 10 tickets/emails/posts it was all fixed by Jeff.  All of the customers I sent to them report exactly the same.

A system where they simply rent out 5.2MH a year instead of the actual device, will solve issues on both sides, so it's a logical move.  
Now I'm dreaming, but maybe they will ship home the old blades to make room for the new miners, and give us a free year of 5.2MH hashing.
I can dream, right?

For the ASIC market, none of this surprises me too much, I knew there were risks, but GAW specifically stated their price protection and buyback policy, which now seems to be nothing and that's where most my frustration is.

problem is 5.2MH is not going to be able to mine efficiently for a year.
legendary
That thread is not meant for us to be posting in to begin with, meant for new info about their products and is there for help for people to read to aid them. GAW is only a few months old, how do you expect them to have hero members when they only post in a few threads?

That's as far as my defense goes for them though for now. I'm waiting to see outcome of this zeus/generation A thing and Project Prime before I go any farther with comments, since zeus is giving out free miners...

If that was the case they should be deleting ALL off-topic posts from their thread including shameless ass-licking ones Smiley

maybe so, they didn't delete my power rating typo(?) I found on the Gen A's. Is it possible to have a comment-by-permission-only style thread? That would solve that problem of them deleting, if no one could post, and thread would be dedicated to the intent.

They could lock it, which would prevent anyone from posting. But the problem isn't that. Most of the negative posts were made by desperate customers who couldn't get help by any other available means of communication. The thread is the last resort option to get GAW's attention, and it actually works to some extent... it's just backwards and stupid to neglect their paying customers to the point where they need to vent in public. But it's their business, they can run (or ruin) it any way they want.
@halofirebtc
That thread is not meant for us to be posting in to begin with, meant for new info about their products and is there for help for people to read to aid them. GAW is only a few months old, how do you expect them to have hero members when they only post in a few threads?

That's as far as my defense goes for them though for now. I'm waiting to see outcome of this zeus/generation A thing and Project Prime before I go any farther with comments, since zeus is giving out free miners...

If that was the case they should be deleting ALL off-topic posts from their thread including shameless ass-licking ones Smiley

maybe so, they didn't delete my power rating typo(?) I found on the Gen A's. Is it possible to have a comment-by-permission-only style thread? That would solve that problem of them deleting, if no one could post, and thread would be dedicated to the intent.
legendary
Sorry for spamming with multiple consecutive posts, but I found this to be quite hilarious:

Zeus has created some confusion about this. I spoke to Terry (CEO), about a week ago, and the cloud hosting is only for a limited time (one month or less). I am speaking with him again later today to gain some clarity so we match our pricing properly. In any case, you can expect we will exceed their offering.

Didn't they already get in trouble with Gridseed for a similar reason, i.e. waving their dirty knickers in public and not keeping their big mouths shut? Should be fun to watch if this blowhard can piss off Zeus the same way Grin
legendary
legendary

@halofirebtc
Sorry, little off topic, what are the exact requirements to become jr, mem, full, sr, hero members? is it time and posts, or just posts? I keep getting upgraded, like now I'm full member, yesterday I wasn't.

It's based on your activity score, have a look here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/forum-rankspositionsbadges-what-do-those-shiny-coins-under-my-name-mean-178608

Thanks! So I gathered its both time and posts.
Activity: 372
Merit: 250
Sorry, little off topic, what are the exact requirements to become jr, mem, full, sr, hero members? is it time and posts, or just posts? I keep getting upgraded, like now I'm full member, yesterday I wasn't.

It's based on your activity score, have a look here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/forum-rankspositionsbadges-what-do-those-shiny-coins-under-my-name-mean-178608
@halofirebtc
Activity: 658
Merit: 504
Activity: 372
Merit: 250

That's as far as my defense goes for them though. I'm waiting to see outcome of this zeus/generation A thing before I go any farther with comments, since zeus is giving out free miners...

Well, they sometime ask you to post reviews, a good or a not so good review is still a review. 
@halofirebtc
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
my hosted blades have been down for the past 24 hours.  I e-mail and call.  nothing they can do.  But the lady that answered the phone is really nice tho.  Said she will put in a ticket for me and restarted my miners for me.  That's the only thing she said she can do.  All the tech's are at the warehouse. Undecided

edited to add:  I contacted Josh, CEO, of GAW miners.  He has personally reached out to me and compensated me for my lost time.  As of today, 05/19/2014, I have upgraded my 2 hosted miners to the Widow. Very happy with GAW's service.
Activity: 47
Merit: 0
So, my blade is down again. Great.
@halofirebtc

I sure hope that those of us that have pre-ordered the GAW Branded Scrypt Miners (re-branded ZeusMiner hardware) will be able to received all these benefits too (or better)==>  http://zeusminer.com/2014/05/07/progress-update-20140507/

especially the patch zeus is promising. I just saw the freebies zeus is giving out, means our gen A will get 50% less hashes than customers at zeus, if gaw doesn't come thru for us.
Pages:
Jump to: