Pages:
Author

Topic: GAW Miners (Scrypt/SHA256 miners and Hashlet cloud) independent feedback thread - page 46. (Read 82240 times)

legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
legendary
I have to quote this in case the nice folks at GAW get happy with the delete button again Smiley

Any chances of GAW Miners reimbursing me whatsoever for the help I gave during their startup?

It really rubs me the wrong way that GAW is exploding like this. Before they were mining, I was contacted directly by them. I was told specifically that:

• They had started their hosted mining business using MultiMiner, as it was the easiest way to get going and divide mining between customers
  • They needed GridSeed support ASAP and wanted to do whatever they could to speed that up
  • They specifically offered both $ and hardware
  • I told them that what I needed was hardware, both current and future, to develop the drivers
  • I told then I also needed remote instances I could remote into to confirm bugs

They never delivered on anything. Once the GridSeed driver (for BFGMiner) was up and working, I started contacting them asking about sample hardware to continue development. At this point GAW fell silent.

Later they started contacting me again, directly, asking for more help in setting up their service. I told them directly that they had promised hardware in the past for my development and consulting and had not delivered on that. Then they fell completely silent again.

Note that these conversations have been with both their CEO and CTO.

I'm glad they hare making customers happy, but they are not making developers happy.
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
Jayen, in the same boat. awaiting the made up parts to show up at my door and put this beast together.

will update on resolution

You should be getting them tomorrow Edser. I got confirmation of everything being shipped out today (since I wasn't in the offices myself). Smiley

I hope you all saw my post on the main thread, but if not, here it is again:

Hey Everyone,

We truly enjoy doing business with you all and we have been working rigorously to bring you the utmost quality in service - whether through our delivery, hosting, customer service or our awesome, one-of-a-kind promotions!

We have been heavily staffing up in all our customer service based departments - from shipping to phone/email to tech support - to keep up with the growing demand and to be able to reach that level of service we've been striving for.

With that said, sometimes we make mistakes. We've been getting much better at what we're doing, but still not 100% and when we make a mistake, we let you down. Whether it's a delay in shipping or a delay in ticket response, we know it is our duty to make it right and if you give us the opportunity, we will!

I want you all to know this:

If you haven't gotten a response through our support center within 24 hours, you may directly private message me here or email me at:

[email protected]

I may not be able to directly help you with your issue, but I will make sure you are being taken care of immediately by the right person in the right department.

Regarding our post moderation: We don't like to delete posts, but if they are about an issue you are having and you don't provide a name, order # or ticket # - there is no way we can help you and it just creates clutter and conversations which sometimes get aggressive between users, and we definitely don't tolerate or want that in our community. (When you reach out to me, just throw any 1 of those 3 pieces of info in and I'll be able to find you - please don't post in the thread with that info either - at least not in the main thread.).

It makes me sad when I find out that we've let one of our customers down. Please give me the chance to help you if you feel like you've been wronged or mistreated. I've worked with many of you personally before (you know who you are  Wink) and I've always had a pleasant experience whether we spoke on the phone or through email.

Thank you all again for being a part of the GAW family.

Rami - CMO
Activity: 153
Merit: 100
Jayen, in the same boat. awaiting the made up parts to show up at my door and put this beast together.

will update on resolution
Activity: 9
On the silver lining side of things, it seems that they contact the people they censor, so atleast they appear to be reasonable

Yes, and so far, they are very civil and fair about the situation. They have offered a fair agreement on how to move forward and resolve the issue. They do seem genuine in their attempt to help, so I'll try to be optimistic that everything will come through as promised by next week.
Activity: 252
Merit: 10
Just wanted to throw some feedback out there on GAW and share my experience so people can remain informed.  I placed an order with them late night May 21st and received my miners two days past the 5 day door to door guarantee.  There was also a small mishap with my order, I was missing a USB cable and a power dongle.  To me it was not a very big deal but I figured I would test their sincerity and see if they really would hold up to their guaranteed customer service.  I sent a pmsg to the CEO account on btctalk and sent an email into support.  The CEO account responded immediately, said they wanted to make it right.  After a short period he sent me a $50 BTC credit.  Now, I paid in USD, but I value BTC much higher than USD... that is to say I value USD very little.  Getting BTC was unexpected and a warm welcome, overall I lost about $50 worth of BTC on a Multipool, and he recouped it for me.

I know the market for scrypt ASICs is a tight race, but if GAW stays competitive within a few dollars at each tier level, I will continue to purchase from them alone.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
Okey Dokey Lokey
Thanks for the replies so far -- both their CMO and CEO have reached out to me via PM. I'm not a fan of the thread moderation -- but them reaching out directly is certainly encouraging and appreciated, and I'd certainly give them points for that.
Yeah... I really hate such extreme moderation... It's just not right... Muffling peoples free speech....
On the silver lining side of things, it seems that they contact the people they censor, so atleast they appear to be reasonable
Thanks for the replies so far -- both their CMO and CEO have reached out to me via PM. I'm not a fan of the thread moderation -- but them reaching out directly is certainly encouraging and appreciated, and I'd certainly give them points for that.

legendary
PayPal has a 45-day deadline, don't miss it no matter what, otherwise you're screwed (unless you paid with a credit card, which may give you extra protection if PayPal fails). Even if the merchant (GAW) promises to fix things, START THE DISPUTE anyway if it is not actually fixed by day ~40 after payment. I can't stress that enough, don't get suckered into missing the deadline by promises.
Activity: 979
Merit: 510
I just found this thread and it is so disheartening to find out the "other" GAW thread was so moderated.

I've been getting the run-around on my gridseed blades (which are getting outdated every passing day), and am nearing the point where I just want out of the ASICs game (so much for their CEO's talk of wanting to turn the industry around).

I'm curious, has anyone successfully processed a return with GAW and not be out of pocket? Has anyone had to resort to paypal dispute resolution yet?

The CEO seems to really care if you PM them about the issue on here, I have had issues and where tickets failed, a PM fixed things quick.
I'd let him know about the issue first, see if they can fix it, then mention putting in the order dispute if you can't resolve this(I think its a 60 day cut off?)
Paypal needs you to do this anyway for "attempt to resolve issue with other party first" if I recall right.
I just found this thread and it is so disheartening to find out the "other" GAW thread was so moderated.

I've been getting the run-around on my gridseed blades (which are getting outdated every passing day), and am nearing the point where I just want out of the ASICs game (so much for their CEO's talk of wanting to turn the industry around).

I'm curious, has anyone successfully processed a return with GAW and not be out of pocket? Has anyone had to resort to paypal dispute resolution yet?
legendary
GAW came up with a "solution" for hosting issues:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6729162

tl;dr for $500 they will take the blade offline and will ship you a 13 MH/s miner next month.

$500 and 4 weeks of downtime in exchange for 7 MH/s increase (more than 100%).

Might be worth it ASSUMING they will deliver as promised.
Activity: 58
Of course they make profit. Isn't any business model supposed to do that? margins are what keeps businesses running. I've had decent success with them.
Activity: 28
An alternative.

https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=2702.0

The one thing I wish the GAW Miner CEO would address is their hosting issues with downtime. Just seems to overlook those questions. At least acknowledge them you know?

The shifty thing is they are hyping the hosting deal with Zeus - yet they can't keep hardware online now.  WTFingF?  That makes no sense.  GAW was nobody a while back and now they paint themselves as the altruistic leaders of the industry taking mining where it hasn't been before, however at every step of the way GAW pinches profit. 
Activity: 47
I've initiated a return of my hosted blade and asked for a refund back to the credit card that I used to order it. I'm just done with the worry and screwing around. I've had some decent responses to the support tickets, but it seems I need to put in a new one at least twice a day. None of the technical upgrades they have talked about adding have done anything to offer any consistent uptime.

They talk about how they were a hosting company prior to this, well, no regular hosting company could get away with this downtime and still expect customers so not sure why they should.

It's a shame, I was really excited about this purchase.
legendary
I'm currently waiting on an order to arrive and i've noticed a few things
Ground shipping ($0) gave an extremely simmilar shipping path, and expected ETA as USPS (Priority Mail International) for $31.60, GAW miners emailed recipt says that this is "same day" shipping, yet USPS tells me that there is no difference in the shipping methods for the packages I'm tracking

In other words, paying for priority shipping seems to have done Nothing. The package I paid extra to have arrive faster, is not moving faster, is taking the same route, and USPS says there is no difference in the package's shipping method...

So what was my money spent on?

It's not necessarily something intentional. Free shipping is whatever is cheapest, and in your case it probably happened to be the same cost as Priority. They could make it clear on the website though, I would be pissed too if I paid extra for nothing.
Activity: 28
The one thing I wish the GAW Miner CEO would address is their hosting issues with downtime. Just seems to overlook those questions. At least acknowledge them you know?
legendary
Did yours go down suchmoon Tongue mine are back up, and getting a smooth 5.6 MH each currently.
I'll be monitoring it as close as ever, as I'm curious to see what a full day of 5.2MH+ can earn now and not just on paper.

I have noticed downtime has happened to myself and some forum members/referrals right when Orangecoin, Silkcoin, and now Vericoin reached over .012 BTC per MH day(though didn't last all day, it did peak at over .022 BTC MH).
The first two I figured were coincidence, but missing out on 3 hot coin launches with my blade that I bought just for this reason, is getting questionable?  I ordered it right after Whitecoin had it's own .02+ BTC MH spike and have now missed out on 3 equally profitable coins.
Then the blades coming back online right when Scrypt goes back to being baseline .005 and less?
Yeah, I am getting frustrated now sorry.

I should never brag like that again - they did go down a few minutes after I posted that Angry

And still down 10 hours later. I have submitted a ticket asking to ship the blades to me, no response of course. I'm contemplating a credit card chargeback...
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
Okey Dokey Lokey
I'm currently waiting on an order to arrive and i've noticed a few things
Ground shipping ($0) gave an extremely simmilar shipping path, and expected ETA as USPS (Priority Mail International) for $31.60, GAW miners emailed recipt says that this is "same day" shipping, yet USPS tells me that there is no difference in the shipping methods for the packages I'm tracking

In other words, paying for priority shipping seems to have done Nothing. The package I paid extra to have arrive faster, is not moving faster, is taking the same route, and USPS says there is no difference in the package's shipping method...

So what was my money spent on?
The GAW team contacted me and were quite professional about my concerns.
They apologised for the mixup and refunded me the extra funds I had spent, Normally i'd be a little annoyed that my request for priority shipping was uhh Mishandled?
However I'm not since according to USPS, all the packages are likely to arrive at the same time. *shrugs* All is well!
legendary
My blades just went down, at least they properly show as down with a red down arrow.

I think they gave your blades to me, because mine are up now  Grin
Pages:
Jump to: