Pages:
Author

Topic: GekkoScience NewPac / Terminus R606 (BM1387) Official Support Thread - page 2. (Read 61318 times)

Activity: 882
Merit: 5811
not your keys, not your coins!
Top-mounted or side-mounted fan? Anyone have any pictures to share?
I used a side-mounted 120mm fan with 2 Compac F's, but if you have more chips, top mount sounds like a better idea.
You could even use a fan header splitter to use 2 or more fans, of course.

So I jsut got an email notice from Bitcoinmerch.com about NewPacs being back in stock. I thought wow.. those were from 2018 and 2019.. Really?   So I go to their website and check and sure enough BitcoinMerch.com just listed some new NewPacs for sale @$149.00 each. Says they have 12 of them.  Think they just found an old stock box of 12 sitting in the warehouse?
Honestly, ever since the R909 launched there's no better value for home mining than that. $150 is a ton of money for 45Gh/s; for 4x the price, sidehacks' latest product gets you 55x the performance. So it's basically 10 times better. Wink
legendary
Activity: 3304
Merit: 1842
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
Probably. We haven't manufactured new NewPacs since about the middle of 2021, before the Compac F came out.
Activity: 32
Merit: 5
So I jsut got an email notice from Bitcoinmerch.com about NewPacs being back in stock. I thought wow.. those were from 2018 and 2019.. Really?   So I go to their website and check and sure enough BitcoinMerch.com just listed some new NewPacs for sale @$149.00 each. Says they have 12 of them.  Think they just found an old stock box of 12 sitting in the warehouse?
copper member
Activity: 76
Merit: 72

Windows 10 sucks forever. Unless you've messed with the stick voltages (or there's no fan on them), there's no electrical reason they'd run that poorly. Every stick is tested to 200MHz on stock before it ships, and most of 'em will do upwards of 400MHz on stock voltage if they're kept cool. That's why I put a fan header on the hubs.

Please tell me you got a fan on 'em.

Was going through this thread and noticed this post about 12V fan header on the Gekkoscience hub.

This could be pretty handy for plugging in a fan big enough to cool all the sticks on the hub. The trusty arctic breeze USB fan which was quite popular in the past, has been discontinued by the manufacturer so that's another reason for looking at non-USB options.
I don't think I've seen anyone post pictures of their cooling setup using this header. Curious about what type of fan and assembly works best with this. Top-mounted or side-mounted fan? Anyone have any pictures to share?
I might do a custom design if there aren't many good solutions with this header out there, but thought I'd check here first.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 2195
EIN: 82-3893490
Oh man i need to look into the new ones!

Shoot - 419 has em but only accepts fiat - so no way for me to buy one atm - need to pay with btc
legendary
Activity: 3304
Merit: 1842
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
The 808 was our first pod miner, with 8xBM1384 chips, from five or six years ago. We only made about 300 of 'em.
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 7618
🔐Icarus CEO💳
So I finally got started solo mining.  I started with my two NewPacs.  I will test the Terminus 808 I got off of ebay and if it works will add to this rig.

Then I will setup another RPi 4 to run my 4 Compac-Fs and the R909 that is supposed to be delivered tomorrow!

how do you add a screenshot / image to this post?  choosing the insert Image button just ads IMG tags.  

R909? Is that a new miner or did you mean R606?

the r909 is the new one Smiley
i already have two of them in use👉https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.61483089
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 2195
EIN: 82-3893490
So I finally got started solo mining.  I started with my two NewPacs.  I will test the Terminus 808 I got off of ebay and if it works will add to this rig.

Then I will setup another RPi 4 to run my 4 Compac-Fs and the R909 that is supposed to be delivered tomorrow!

how do you add a screenshot / image to this post?  choosing the insert Image button just ads IMG tags.  

R909? Is that a new miner or did you mean R606?
Activity: 32
Merit: 5

I followed the thread but 99% is on PI4, linux...
I have not seen a solution to these problems in Windows
I went through a lot of pages here and on YouTube in the last few days
Still, ask in the other thread like os2sam said. I don't think many people are even reading here anymore.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
I followed the thread but 99% is on PI4, linux...
I have not seen a solution to these problems in Windows
I went through a lot of pages here and on YouTube in the last few days
legendary
Activity: 3578
Merit: 1090
Think for yourself
Activity: 2
hi

help pls How to get past "failed to initialse (incorrect device?)" error. on a windows pc , its look like zadik did
its gob and i have the Correct driver installed ,on the cgminer on list i see the compac f but its inactive...
Has anyone had a similar problem?  and solved it?
on the miner iget   "USB init, open device failed" ... "you don't have privilege to access" error.
and
 "failed to initialse (incorrect device?)" error.

*win 10 on desktop
*3 x GekkoScience COMPAC F with Fan Upgrade + Bitcoin Merch® 7-Port USB Hub - COMBO Up to 1.05+TH/s
Activity: 1
Hi all, i'm new here.
My brother gave me a NewPac as birthday present so i'm trying to make it work only for fun but i have some problems. Now it's plugged in to a Atolla USB 3.0 hub with external power but there are no leds on. The device cannot be detected with Zadig to install relative drivers. I watched some videos on youtube and everyone have blinking leds on the device when they plug it in. I'm missing something or maybe the device is defected? The device was bought new from the website bitshopper.de.
Thanks if anyone can help me.
Has anyone else seen this "0 chips found" error. I have the latest Zadig installed and the windows driver.

So when I the .bat file I get

Not sure what is wrong here. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

quote for image embeds
Activity: 6
Has anyone else seen this "0 chips found" error. I have the latest Zadig installed and the windows driver.

https://i.imgur.com/Nt8S9E6.jpg

So when I the .bat file I get

https://i.imgur.com/82yzjaG.jpg

Not sure what is wrong here. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.
guh
Activity: 1
I have 3 newpacs that have been put to rest due to being useless as a result of bitcoin's centralization. However, I would still like to use them to crunch hashes for a side project. How can I do this? I would try dissecting the cgminer code, but it's like trying to read raw bytes. Is there any documentation on this?
I'm on linux, and I know C, if that helps.
Activity: 17
R606 has basically been discontinued. Reliability was never that good, and the mechanical parts were way too labor-intensive to manufacture and assemble. If/when there's another pod, it'll use the same basic dimensions but a different mechanical design (including heatsinks) so it goes together a lot easier. It's really demoralizing to put a lot of time into assembling and testing a device only to have it come back for warranty repair.

Would you be able to fix mine?
I got it from Amazon and was in contact with someone until they just ignored me.
It's sitting here not mining anything.
Thanks
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
The message itself literally says why cgminer can't talk to it.
If windows wont let you set it up in zadig, then indeed there's something wrong with the miner.
Activity: 45
Merit: 1
Greetings.
It's been a while.
I have two things: 1: I have had 3  NewPac running pretty much nonstop for 3.5 years now. Amazing!
2: One of them is no longer recognized by cgminer as a valid device and I want to know if there is anything I can do or if I should just let it rest in peace.

I tried moving it from the GekkoHub on a pi to windows and got the same results. Both see the other 2 newpacs with no issue leading me to belive it's the one unit.

This is the message in cgminer from windows. Yes I have WinUSB installed using Zadig. When I run the windows driver installer the bad newpac does not show as a NewPac but as FTDIBUS.

Code:
[2022-07-31 12:50:47.487] USB init, open device failed, err -12,
[2022-07-31 12:50:47.487] You need to install a WinUSB driver for - GSH device 2:16
[2022-07-31 12:50:47.487] And associate - GSH device 2:16 with WinUSB using zadig  
[2022-07-31 12:50:47.487] See README.txt file included for help
[2022-07-31 12:50:47.487] GekkoScience detect (2:16) failed to initialise (incorrect device?), resetting

Thanks and yay for amazing hardware that just keeps going.
Pages:
Jump to: