Pages:
Author

Topic: GekkoScience NewPac / Terminus R606 (BM1387) Official Support Thread - page 5. (Read 61321 times)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0
Hi, I need help.

I have my fan that broke down and my newpac heated up well.

I have a chip that is peeled off and I have not found it. I want to replace it but I'm not what it is. It is one that is just behind the bm1387, has side of the orange block.

If someone can tell me what it is so I can fix one.
Thank
Activity: 150
Merit: 10
I see someone hit a block with the USB stick miner running 4.1.12?   What is the latest cgminer for R606?

Thanks
The 606 is not cgminer version specific per-se but it DOES require that the version has drivers for it. Prior to Kano updating cgminer to run the F, all Gekko products required using VH's fork of 4.11. It will run just fine using the latest 4.12.0 from Kano as he has included drivers for all of the Gekko products as well as all the previous legacy drivers for other chips.

Thanks - I pulled Kano's version and compiled for my Raspberry Pi and it works great.
Activity: 5
Merit: 1
Everything works so far with version 4.12.0. Except for the frequency setting, only run at 100 GHz
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220
use need to run cgminer as sudo
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

/usr/bin/ld: cgminer-driver-gekko.o:(.bss+0xd48): multiple definition of `modminer_drv'; cgminer-cgminer.o:(.bss+0x2078): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: cgminer-driver-gekko.o:(.bss+0xdd0): multiple definition of `bitforce_drv'; cgminer-cgminer.o:(.bss+0x1ff0): first defined here
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [Makefile:893: cgminer] Fehler 1
make[2]: Verzeichnis „/home/pi/mining/newpac/cgminer“ wird verlassen
make[1]: *** [Makefile:1837: all-recursive] ERROR 1
make[1]: Verzeichnis „/home/pi/mining/newpac/cgminer“ wird verlassen
make: *** [Makefile:796: all] ERROR 2

STILL THE SAME ERROR...

My updated version includes a README build comment that may fix this...

-fcommon

https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer/blob/master/README#L153

Alas you are compiling someone else's version, so no idea if that is the fix.
I had to 'fix' a large number of compile warnings and a few errors when I pulled the code into the master cgminer

Read here for 4.12.0:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.58200639

-j has no effect on if it will compile
legendary
Activity: 2405
Merit: 1459
-> morgen, ist heute, schon gestern <-
did you try a sudo make?
the Raspi WH got just one processor, so you should run make without j-2.
try it with make only.

/usr/bin/ld: cgminer-driver-gekko.o:(.bss+0xd48): multiple definition of `modminer_drv'; cgminer-cgminer.o:(.bss+0x2078): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: cgminer-driver-gekko.o:(.bss+0xdd0): multiple definition of `bitforce_drv'; cgminer-cgminer.o:(.bss+0x1ff0): first defined here
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [Makefile:893: cgminer] Fehler 1
make[2]: Verzeichnis „/home/pi/mining/newpac/cgminer“ wird verlassen
make[1]: *** [Makefile:1837: all-recursive] ERROR 1
make[1]: Verzeichnis „/home/pi/mining/newpac/cgminer“ wird verlassen
make: *** [Makefile:796: all] ERROR 2

STILL THE SAME ERROR...

legendary
Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506
Evil beware: We have waffles!
I see someone hit a block with the USB stick miner running 4.1.12?   What is the latest cgminer for R606?

Thanks
The 606 is not cgminer version specific per-se but it DOES require that the version has drivers for it. Prior to Kano updating cgminer to run the F, all Gekko products required using VH's fork of 4.11. It will run just fine using the latest 4.12.0 from Kano as he has included drivers for all of the Gekko products as well as all the previous legacy drivers for other chips.
Activity: 150
Merit: 10
I see someone hit a block with the USB stick miner running 4.1.12?   What is the latest cgminer for R606?

Thanks
legendary
Activity: 2405
Merit: 1459
-> morgen, ist heute, schon gestern <-
the Raspi WH got just one processor, so you should run make without j-2.
try it with make only.
legendary
I changed it, sorry.
Merit given for doing that. Too many folks just ignore helpful suggestions.
I changed it, sorry.
legendary
This is not the German language area....
If you want help regarding ^^ then translation please!
Hello, I have a Raspberry Zero WH with 7 port RSHTECH USB 3.0 hub.
Raspbian Pi OS Lite 32 bit. 4x GekkoScience NewPac 22 bis 45 GH/s

Everything runs normally

sudo apt-get-Update sudo apt-get Upgrade -y sudo apt-get install -y build-essential git libusb-1.0-0-dev libusb-1.0-0 libcurl4-openssl-dev libncurses5-dev libudev-dev screenlibtool automake pkg-config libjansson-dev mkdir -p git/vthoang; cd git/vthoang Git-Klon https://github.com/vthoang/cgminer.git CD-CGminer CFLAGS="-O2" ./autogen.sh --enable-gekko

Then "make -j 2" comes with an error message. c
Collect2: error:ld gab 1 Exit [2]: 中重 ?? [Makefile:893: cgminer] Error 1 makel21: m/home/pi/mining/newpac/cgminer" make1l: [Makefile: 1837: rein-rekursiver Error 1 makel1l: /home/pi/mining/newpac/cgminer" machen: [Makefile:706: alle] Fehler 2  

And the installation stops.
Does anyone have a solution?
Activity: 23
Hi all, had a few issues when cold starting one of my r606's, it will often come up with BM1387:11+ then restart a few times before showing BM1387:12+.
Tried everything, power leads, connections etc.
Today I found it in its usual state of OFF found 0 chip(s).
Tried restarting her but all I get is found 0 chip(s). | OFF.
Any suggestions?

1. check voltage pf power, etc. if power is not work, chip will not work. This is major cause.
2. check usb port on unit or on your pc. if usb is not work, __usb_init() will not find chip.
3. check if green light on the stick is on. no light, usb stick is damaged.
4. plug out 5 usb sticks, only left one usb stick, check which usb stick is wrong.
5. remove cgminer, then, re-install cgminer. when code got damaged.
6. run debugging to trace error, check total_devices?  check __usb_init()  function.
7. the 0-rules must written into linux. Read README.

This is a Terminus r606 that has failed (no green light) not newpac usb stick miner.
Voltage is fine; swapped working terminus r606 power and usb with the non working unit, no change.
I do not think cgminer would be the problem as 10 x newpacs and 1 x terminus r606 work like trojans without fail.
Interesting you should mention the usb as it has hot glue all over the usb plug unlike the working one with none.
Got a gut feeling something has failed in a big way on this one.
Activity: 60
Merit: 20
Hi all, had a few issues when cold starting one of my r606's, it will often come up with BM1387:11+ then restart a few times before showing BM1387:12+.
Any suggestions?

1. check voltage pf power, etc. if power is not work, chip will not work. This is major cause.
2. check usb port on unit or on your pc. if usb is not work, __usb_init() will not find chip.
3. check if green light on the stick is on. no light, usb stick is damaged.
4. plug out 5 usb sticks, only left one usb stick, check which usb stick is wrong.
5. remove cgminer, then, re-install cgminer. when code got damaged.
6. run debugging to trace error, check total_devices?  check __usb_init()  function.
7. the 0-rules must written into linux. Read README.

Activity: 23
Any suggestions?
Activity: 17
Code:
[quote author=licutis link=topic=5053833.msg58974521#msg58974521 date=1642045332]
I have a Terminus R606 (BM1387) that stopped working recently. Can't seem to figure out what's wrong with it. The orange LED comes on solid and cgminer seems to find the board and then it just keeps resetting.

These R606 are really bad. They took our money and run. Absolutely no customer service.
Mine kept restarting as well. I replaced the big capacitor and it helped but never as good as new.
Be careful no messing up the tiny resistors while soldering they are hard to put back in place
Activity: 38
Last time I had a truck load of that happening (a couple of weeks ago) it was too hot.
Settled down later when the room was cooler.

Thanks for the reply. The errors I am getting are from a cold start.
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Last time I had a truck load of that happening (a couple of weeks ago) it was too hot.
Settled down later when the room was cooler.
Pages:
Jump to: