Pages:
Author

Topic: GekkoScience NewPac / Terminus R606 (BM1387) Official Support Thread - page 6. (Read 61321 times)

Activity: 38
Merit: 0
I have a Terminus R606 (BM1387) that stopped working recently. Can't seem to figure out what's wrong with it. The orange LED comes on solid and cgminer seems to find the board and then it just keeps resetting.

Code:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 [U]SB management [P]ool management [S]ettings [D]isplay options [Q]uit
 2: GSI 10040323: found 0 chip(s)         | OFF
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 [2022-01-12 21:36:55.769] Pool 0 difficulty changed to 8190
 [2022-01-12 21:36:55.855] Pool 0 message: Authorised, Kano-san says welcome to
KanoPool licutis!
 [2022-01-12 21:36:55.855] Pool 0 difficulty changed to 442
 [2022-01-12 21:36:55.855] Network diff set to 24.4T
 [2022-01-12 21:36:56.678] 0: GSI 0 - Toggling ASIC nRST to reset
 [2022-01-12 21:36:56.954] 0: GSI 0 - R606 Bitcoin Miner (10040323)
 [2022-01-12 21:37:17.665] GSI 0 failure, disabling!
 [2022-01-12 21:37:22.897] 0: GSI 0 - Toggling ASIC nRST to reset
 [2022-01-12 21:37:28.173] Hotplug: GekkoScience added GSI 1
 [2022-01-12 21:37:48.886] GSI 1 failure, disabling!
 [2022-01-12 21:37:54.116] 0: GSI 0 - Toggling ASIC nRST to reset
 [2022-01-12 21:37:54.393] Hotplug: GekkoScience added GSI 2

dmesg shows USB device keeps resetting

Code:
[469809.213725] ftdi_sio 3-3:1.0: device disconnected
[469809.227434] ftdi_sio 3-3:1.0: FTDI USB Serial Device converter detected
[469809.227494] usb 3-3: Detected FT-X
[469809.238543] usb 3-3: FTDI USB Serial Device converter now attached to ttyUSB1
[469809.238854] ftdi_sio ttyUSB1: FTDI USB Serial Device converter now disconnected from ttyUSB1
[469809.238873] ftdi_sio 3-3:1.0: device disconnected
[469835.243607] ftdi_sio 3-3:1.0: FTDI USB Serial Device converter detected
[469835.243667] usb 3-3: Detected FT-X
[469835.254065] usb 3-3: FTDI USB Serial Device converter now attached to ttyUSB1
[469840.432975] ftdi_sio ttyUSB1: FTDI USB Serial Device converter now disconnected from ttyUSB1
[469840.432995] ftdi_sio 3-3:1.0: device disconnected
[469840.446995] ftdi_sio 3-3:1.0: FTDI USB Serial Device converter detected
[469840.447040] usb 3-3: Detected FT-X
[469840.458077] usb 3-3: FTDI USB Serial Device converter now attached to ttyUSB1
[469840.458326] ftdi_sio ttyUSB1: FTDI USB Serial Device converter now disconnected from ttyUSB1
[469840.458343] ftdi_sio 3-3:1.0: device disconnected

Any ideas? I would love to get this back into service. Thanks!
Activity: 8
Look on page #1

I see the chart with the mhz, gh/s, and watts. It doesn't have amps though.  But I guess if i take 300mhz = 6.795w / 5v = 1.359a

My hub has 2.1a per port, x 5v = 10.5w. Based on the chart, I'm guessing 10.5w would be around 490mhz. That would explain why 1 or 2 sticks start lagging behind when I run them at 500mhz.

Sorry, I'm new to all this, but I'm starting to get the hang of it.
Thanks!
Activity: 2
Activity: 8
I saw this chart in the compac F thread.  Is there something similar for the Newpacs? (maybe not as high) Im trying to figure out how many amps for each frequency.  I think im maxing out my hub.
Thanks

https://i.ibb.co/0sJZkbV/CF.jpg
Personally i wouldnt even try it without some sort of active cooling.

OK - good to know, thank you. I shall get hold of a suitable cooler and try it!
Activity: 2478
Merit: 621
Personally i wouldnt even try it without some sort of active cooling.
N00b question, potentially..

I bought a used (I know, I know) NewPac and suspect it's b0rked but just want some advice on how to confirm or otherwise. CGMiner sees it OK and it starts work, but with passive cooling it very quickly overheats (90 degrees plus after 10 minutes) even if I restrict it to 50Mhz. I'm happy to add some active cooling but I'd prefer to do some diagnostics first to make sure I'm not throwing good money after bad - so, what can I look for?

Thanks in advance.

Activity: 23
I have acquired a Pi 4 8gig and would like to run my newpac's and r606 through it.
I understand the install and version of cg miner is designed for Raspbian - Kernel version: 4.4.
Is there an install for 'PI OS'? My searches so far have been fruitless as was my attempt to compile it using the current instructions.
I also tried one of the Raspbian images from here https://downloads.raspberrypi.org/raspbian_lite/ however this did not work either.
Anyone know which one works with the PI 4?
Thanks in advance.

Here are the instructions I used to install CGMiner on my Pi 4.  I just used the Raspbian OS that came with it.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.50968875

I've gone through these installs on my PI4 (and PI3b) and latest Raspbian OS and the posted CGMiner package. I constantly get errors from the make -j 2;

collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [Makefile:907: cgminer] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/pi/miner/cgminer'
make[1]: *** [Makefile:1896: all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/pi/miner/cgminer'
make: *** [Makefile:810: all] Error 2
pi@RockPi:~/miner/cgminer $

I've tried several Raspbian OS versions and keep getting the same errors when compiling CGMiner..

make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/pi/git/vthoang/cgminer'
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/pi/git/vthoang/cgminer'
pi@raspberrypi:~/git/vthoang/cgminer $

Same problem here however this version https://downloads.raspberrypi.org/raspios_lite_armhf/images/raspios_lite_armhf-2021-05-28/ with the slub_debug=FP added to the cmdline.txt works.

Thank you pkspks.

Activity: 7
Merit: 2
I encountered the same error when using 2021-10-30-raspios-bullseye-armhf-lite.img so I used 2021-05-07-raspios-buster-armhf-lite.img and it worked fine.
I have acquired a Pi 4 8gig and would like to run my newpac's and r606 through it.
I understand the install and version of cg miner is designed for Raspbian - Kernel version: 4.4.
Is there an install for 'PI OS'? My searches so far have been fruitless as was my attempt to compile it using the current instructions.
I also tried one of the Raspbian images from here https://downloads.raspberrypi.org/raspbian_lite/ however this did not work either.
Thanks in advance.

Here are the instructions I used to install CGMiner on my Pi 4.  I just used the Raspbian OS that came with it.

I've gone through these installs on my PI4 (and PI3b) and latest Raspbian OS and the posted CGMiner package. I constantly get errors from the make -j 2;

make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/pi/miner/cgminer'
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/pi/miner/cgminer'
pi@RockPi:~/miner/cgminer $

I've tried several Raspbian OS versions and keep getting the same errors when compiling CGMiner..
legendary
Activity: 3578
Merit: 1090
Think for yourself
Thanks in advance.

Here are the instructions I used to install CGMiner on my Pi 4.  I just used the Raspbian OS that came with it.

Activity: 23
Thanks in advance.

Activity: 22
Regarding
cgminer issue with bitcoin core 0.20 and superior... (pool 0 json failed to decode gbt)

Try something like this:

Code:
diff --git a/cgminer.c b/cgminer.c
index ece7ce10..ab52e30a 100644
--- a/cgminer.c
+++ b/cgminer.c
@@ -2960,7 +2960,7 @@ static bool gbt_solo_decode(struct pool *pool, json_t *res_val)
        flags = json_string_value(json_object_get(coinbase_aux, "flags"));
        default_witness_commitment = json_string_value(json_object_get(res_val, "default_witness_commitment"));

-       if (!previousblockhash || !target || !version || !curtime || !bits || !coinbase_aux || !flags) {
+       if (!previousblockhash || !target || !version || !curtime || !bits) {
                applog(LOG_ERR, "Pool %d JSON failed to decode GBT", pool->pool_no);
                return false;
        }
@@ -3039,10 +3039,12 @@ static bool gbt_solo_decode(struct pool *pool, json_t *res_val)
        ofs += ser_number(pool->scriptsig_base + ofs, height); // max 5

/* Followed by flags */
-       len = strlen(flags) / 2;
-       pool->scriptsig_base[ofs++] = len;
-       hex2bin(pool->scriptsig_base + ofs, flags, len);
-       ofs += len;
+       if (flags) {
+               len = strlen(flags) / 2;
+               pool->scriptsig_base[ofs++] = len;
+               hex2bin(pool->scriptsig_base + ofs, flags, len);
+               ofs += len;
+       }

/* Followed by timestamp */
        cgtime(&now);

Compiles clean, and should work just fine. Didn't test myself, since not running a node.

Worked for me,  thanks 100knot2dae !
Activity: 17
Wes0310, according to the device line, cgminer is only detecting 1 chip on that stick. If it's brand-new (just received), it's probably damaged and should be replaced. If it's not new, could be the voltage is set way too low and it's not picking up properly, or the voltage is set too high and it's overheating.

Adjust the voltage up a bit, make sure you have good cooling, and try it again. Sometimes an unplug-replug will take care of that.

gt_addict, I had similar issues with temp sensors not reporting on some advanced-controls prototype sticks last summer but chalked it up to the firmware. This one's code is much more robust, and when I first got temp sensors going I let one run for a week without any hiccups. But something's for sure going on, and the "quick fix" is just disabling that part pending a redesign. I can probably get the same functionality out of the microcontroller's internal temp sensor, though it's not as close to the heatsinks so won't read out the same which is why I didn't want to rely on it. Might have that implemented before Batch 2 starts shipping.

Additionally, I have a couple pods here that, on volt setting 4, could only hit something like 535MHz but were otherwise great. So everything will be tested at Volt 4 but with a second round at Volt 5 if it's only a few percent low. We did a similar adjust-retest for the weaker 2Pacs and nobody complained.

I've been trying to get support from my reseller on Amazon but just getting ignored  Huh
My R606 keeps doing this as well after running fine for a month or so.
It will turn on normally but as soon as I plug the USB I get the GSI failure, disabling error and it keeps restarting.
Could you let me know which is the temp  sensor I could try to replace it.
Thanks
legendary
Activity: 3578
Merit: 1090
Think for yourself
Yep that seems to be an issue some people are having. It runs from that config file instead of the user made one. Never had that issue myself but it certainly seems to be a common problem.

I think people sometimes, unwittingly, save the config which writes a .conf file and then the command line gets overridden from then on.
Yep that seems to be an issue some people are having. It runs from that config file instead of the user made one. Never had that issue myself but it certainly seems to be a common problem.
@gt_addict
hello and thanks, I tried as you say but unfortunately always the same, only 100 MHz.

Despite this I have found that it loads the configuration from /root/.cgminer/cgminer.conf. With the command
Code:
sudo su -
I entered this hidden folder and modified the cgminer.conf file with 400 MHz.
Then I ran the ./cgminer -o etc file (same if directly or from .sh file)
IT WORKS  Smiley now goes to 400 MHz and of course I have the fan otherwise it gets too hot
I Hope it can be of help for someone else, thanks for the help anyway  Grin
Have you tried creating a .sh file with all the details in which you then make executable and run that.

No I don't know how to do it, can you tell me how?

I try to create a .sh file like this:
Code:
sudo /home/pi/git/vthoang/cgminer/cgminer -o stratum+tcp://solo.ckpool.org:3333 -u  -p x --gekko-newpac-boost --gekko-newpac-freq 400

Always the same, work fine but only 100 MHz

Open a new text document in the cgminer folder. Write your command line but start it “cgminer -o …….etc” save it as a .sh file eg.gekko.sh. Close it and find the .sh file in the folder. It will have a picture of some cogs as the icon. Right click on it and change the permission to “make executable”. Save and close that window. Double click on the same icon and it should ask if you want to execute in terminal. Select that option and if its done correctly it will open terminal and run.
Have you tried creating a .sh file with all the details in which you then make executable and run that.

No I don't know how to do it, can you tell me how?

I try to create a .sh file like this:
Code:
sudo /home/pi/git/vthoang/cgminer/cgminer -o stratum+tcp://solo.ckpool.org:3333 -u  -p x --gekko-newpac-boost --gekko-newpac-freq 400

Always the same, work fine but only 100 MHz
Activity: 20
Merit: 1
Cam I get some help on building cgminer?
Already got the NewPac running under Win10, but how do I build my own cgminer with NewPac driver for Windows?
It seems that I should do it under linux? But where is the source code with the driver? Nerver tried linux before, can I do it with vmware?
A little confused here, Im new to this btw Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: