Pages:
Author

Topic: GekkoScience NewPac / Terminus R606 (BM1387) Official Support Thread - page 4. (Read 61321 times)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0
I am having trouble getting 4 Newpacs to work with my PI4. I installed the latest CGMIner (Kano version as suggested in the GMiner forum - strangely this is 4.9.2 - hopefully the correct one)

My Pi detects the powered hub, but not the miners.

Any suggestions please
Activity: 2478
Merit: 621
I've set it to 750 now and will leave it a few days to see if it runs any differently. I see it's already changed the frequency to 550/550/550 which presumably is part of some initial auto tuning.

I would try tuning at each power level from 3 to 7 and see what works best for you.  Power consumption isn't the only thing to worry about but also Heat dissapation at the higher levels.  Also your highest hashrate may be at a lower power level frequency combination.

Exactly this. I had an R606 and it would run better/faster at a lower power level (usually level 5) and would hit 1Th on that setting.
legendary
Activity: 3578
Merit: 1090
Think for yourself
I've set it to 750 now and will leave it a few days to see if it runs any differently. I see it's already changed the frequency to 550/550/550 which presumably is part of some initial auto tuning.

I would try tuning at each power level from 3 to 7 and see what works best for you.  Power consumption isn't the only thing to worry about but also Heat dissapation at the higher levels.  Also your highest hashrate may be at a lower power level frequency combination.
Activity: 7
I think that's about the hashrate you would get 500Mhz on Power Level 4.

I would try 750Mhz at Power Level 4.  Increasing the Power Level to max will just consume more power with no benefit past a certain point.  You need to find the sweet spot for hashrate and power consumption.
Thanks, I'm not overly fussed about the power consumption as it's in my office  Wink so was just trying to get the max hashrate possible from this particular device, and assumed if it ran with the setting of 1000 at the max power level then that is probably the best it will do.

Not that I'm expecting it to actually find a block, but it's a nice thought that it might.

You don't need a Powered USB hub for R606's since they are powered by an ATX Power supply.

Thanks, that's what I thought.
legendary
Activity: 3578
Merit: 1090
Think for yourself
I have a R606, which is running very nicely with an original Raspberry Pi, plugged direct into the pi's USB, running with "--gekko-r606-freq 1000" and think I have the power at the max (all three LEDs lit). This is the current output:

(5s):756.5G (1m):747.9G (5m):745.7G (15m):743.9G (avg):744.7Gh/s
 A:164703001  R:87838  HW:31270  WU:10403.5/m | ST: 1  SS: 0  NB: 1567  LW: 97038777  GF: 0  RF: 0
 Connected to solo.ckpool.org diff 699 with stratum as user xx
 Block: 66bc5a2c...  Diff:28.6T  Started: [15:01:20.040]  Best share: 77.9M
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 0: GSI 10040307: BM1387:12+ 556/556/556 (11:6) [oooooooooooo]   | 98.5% WU: 98% | 748.1G / 744.7Gh/s WU:10403.5/m A:164703001 R:87838 HW:31270

Questions:
1. Is this the best I'm likely to get, or may it be better with a powered hub and/or a more recent pi?

I think that's about the hashrate you would get 500Mhz on Power Level 4.

I would try 750Mhz at Power Level 4.  Increasing the Power Level to max will just consume more power with no benefit past a certain point.  You need to find the sweet spot for hashrate and power consumption.

You don't need a Powered USB hub for R606's since they are powered by an ATX Power supply.
Sam
I have a R606, which is running very nicely with an original Raspberry Pi, plugged direct into the pi's USB, running with "--gekko-r606-freq 1000" and think I have the power at the max (all three LEDs lit). This is the current output:

(5s):756.5G (1m):747.9G (5m):745.7G (15m):743.9G (avg):744.7Gh/s
 A:164703001  R:87838  HW:31270  WU:10403.5/m | ST: 1  SS: 0  NB: 1567  LW: 97038777  GF: 0  RF: 0
 Connected to solo.ckpool.org diff 699 with stratum as user xx
 Block: 66bc5a2c...  Diff:28.6T  Started: [15:01:20.040]  Best share: 77.9M
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 0: GSI 10040307: BM1387:12+ 556/556/556 (11:6) [oooooooooooo]   | 98.5% WU: 98% | 748.1G / 744.7Gh/s WU:10403.5/m A:164703001 R:87838 HW:31270

Questions:
1. Is this the best I'm likely to get, or may it be better with a powered hub and/or a more recent pi?
2. Is there anything I can run to notify me should it stop running? I check on my user page on https://solo.ckpool.org/users on a regular basis, but it would be nice to forget about it and just have something tell me if it stops.

Many thanks
legendary
Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506
Evil beware: We have waffles!
I will try this one last time.

I am not trying to be rude.  BUT this is the worst format for a forum that I have ever encountered.  I can only search once in 90 seconds, I can only post once or twice a day...I tried to offer assistance to a user the other day but could not message anyone, could not reply to his post...then last night I tried to ask a question about these devices and was told I already posted and can not post again for a few hours.  I tried a different browser no change.

Anyway.  Forget all that.  I just had a simple question.  Is there anything on the chips that we can update?  It seems to me that we should be able to knock out certain settings like the LEDs blinking all the time if we could modify firmware, but I cannot find any information on potential firmware.  Perhaps it is all hardwired, if that is not the case can someone point me in the correct direction.  I know I could potentially just unsolder the leds, but did not want to risk it if there was an option to disable in "bios" or firmware somehow.  I know other people were complaining of the bright LEDs flickering all the time, and I know it sounds trivial but these things are in my office and when I am watching TV in the dark it is like I have a sparkler going off beside me...lol.

Thanks.
Regarding the LED's, their operation is hard wired to respond when the com channel is active/inactive. Just use a magic marker or dark nail polish to paint them.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 2195
EIN: 82-3893490

I am not trying to be rude.  BUT this is the worst format for a forum that I have ever encountered.  I can only search once in 90 seconds, I can only post once or twice a day...I tried to offer assistance to a user the other day but could not message anyone, could not reply to his post...then last night I tried to ask a question about these devices and was told I already posted and can not post again for a few hours.  I tried a different browser no change.

Anyway.  Forget all that.  I just had a simple question.  Is there anything on the chips that we can update?  It seems to me that we should be able to knock out certain settings like the LEDs blinking all the time if we could modify firmware, but I cannot find any information on potential firmware.  Perhaps it is all hardwired, if that is not the case can someone point me in the correct direction.  I know I could potentially just unsolder the leds, but did not want to risk it if there was an option to disable in "bios" or firmware somehow.  I know other people were complaining of the bright LEDs flickering all the time, and I know it sounds trivial but these things are in my office and when I am watching TV in the dark it is like I have a sparkler going off beside me...lol.

Thanks.

all of the forum restrictions change when you are no longer a newbie.
Activity: 2
hi all.  i just wanted to let you know that you don't need to waste any of your time on me.  i got it running.  i found this video on youtube helpful...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lM89lbHzFk

i guess i needed to issue the command...

sudo make install

rather than...

make

i then had to issue the command...

cd

then i had to add sudo and not include the ./ to launch the linux command to run cgminer...

sudo cgminer -o stratum+tcp://whatever_pool_you_like:port_number -u your_address -p x --suggest-diff 512 --gekko-newpac-freq 675

then i created, within the cgminer directory, my whatever_name_you_want.sh file with the above command in it, right clicked on it, selected properties, selected the permissions tab, set the execute field to anyone, clicked ok.  double clicked my new .sh file and it started running.  i'm good to go.  hope this helps someone along the way a little bit.  happy mining!  and good luck to everyone!

ps...thank you to everyone who have made all of this possible.

I am not trying to be rude.  BUT this is the worst format for a forum that I have ever encountered.  I can only search once in 90 seconds, I can only post once or twice a day...I tried to offer assistance to a user the other day but could not message anyone, could not reply to his post...then last night I tried to ask a question about these devices and was told I already posted and can not post again for a few hours.  I tried a different browser no change.

Anyway.  Forget all that.  I just had a simple question.  Is there anything on the chips that we can update?  It seems to me that we should be able to knock out certain settings like the LEDs blinking all the time if we could modify firmware, but I cannot find any information on potential firmware.  Perhaps it is all hardwired, if that is not the case can someone point me in the correct direction.  I know I could potentially just unsolder the leds, but did not want to risk it if there was an option to disable in "bios" or firmware somehow.  I know other people were complaining of the bright LEDs flickering all the time, and I know it sounds trivial but these things are in my office and when I am watching TV in the dark it is like I have a sparkler going off beside me...lol.

Thanks.
hello.  so, i've tried following the instructions on the first page to get my newpacs running on a raspberry pi 4. i haven't been successful.  i've also tried following this https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.50968875 with no success.  i end up with this message.

collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [Makefile:907: cgminer] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/pi/test/cgminer'
make[1]: *** [Makefile:1896: all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/pi/test/cgminer'
make: *** [Makefile:810: all] Error 2
pi@raspberrypi:~/test/cgminer $ sudo ./miner.sh
./miner.sh: 1: ./cgminer: not found
pi@raspberrypi:~/test/cgminer $

this is my first experience running a raspberry pi.  running my newpacs from my win10 laptop is just fine.  any assistance would be most appreciated.  and i'm sorry if i missed a post that would have answered this already.
I had an accident.

Due to some unforeseeable accidents I broke my USB's.  I have several of these and 2 had an accident.  I slipped on the wet floor when walking with these in my hands, and they hit hard on the ground.  I broke one component off of one board and one off the other board.  A little silver chip that has itsy bitsy numbers on it I can't make out and a big black thing with the number R47.  googling for an hour to discover the silver thing is a oscillator and the black thing is a inductor coil.  BUT when I went to a electronics site to order replacement I realized there are far more than just 1 to choose from.

Does anyone know specifically what oscillator and inductor is on the newpac from GekkoScience?  I would love to buy 5 or 10 dollars in parts and attempt a fix instead of trying to buy these again, since most places are either out of stock or jacked way up.

Thanks.
Activity: 65
Thanks
I'll try later when i'm home and give you feedback about it.

@gt_addict
It worked with a little twist...needed to take off ./ From de begining of the command line present on .sh file, and use sudo screen -x

But, apart from that... PERFECT
Thanks.
Thanks for you reply.

So...first i need to install screen.
After that i need to create a .sh file...what do i put inside the.sh file?
The complete line command to start mining?

And then inside rc.local i put:
cd /home/pi/cgminer
screen -dmS cgminer ./cgminerSHfile.sh

Is this correct?

Inside the .SH file you should put....

"./cgminer -o stratum+tcp://solo.ckpool.org:3333 -u mybtcaddress --gekko-2pac-freq 200"
Thanks for you reply.

So...first i need to install screen.
After that i need to create a .sh file...what do i put inside the.sh file?
The complete line command to start mining?

And then inside rc.local i put:
cd /home/pi/cgminer

Is this correct?
B00gieman, you need to use "screen" and create a ".sh" file and name it something then get it to autorun in the rc.local directory. Once its in there you can have something like the following run.........

cd /home/pi/cgminer

Then when it reboots, just go into a new terminal window and type "sudo screen -x" and it will open up the window with cgminer running.
Hello to you all.

Received today my 4 BM1384.
I've got a Raspberry 4
I've got this Hub:
Code:
https://i-tec.pro/en/produkt/u3chargehub16-2/

All installed.

The problem is curious.

If i start the raspberry and login via SSH and execute the command...
Code:
cgminer -n
It reports:
Code:
USB all: found 6 devices - listing known devices    
 [2022-03-04 19:06:39.383] No known USB devices

I only have 4 GekkoSciene + 1 connection to RPI, so 5 USB total... wtf is the six?
Another thing... it does not report nothinh like “2Pac BM1384 Bitcoin Miner”.
When i execute the command
cgminer -o stratum+tcp://solo.ckpool.org:3333 -u mybtcaddress --gekko-2pac-freq 200
The miner reports no USB devices

The only way i figure out to put all working is edit sudo nano /etc/rc.local and put the command to start mining, and then... sudo reboot

In this way the RPI boots and the 4 USB starts mining.

Whats appenning?
Does have anything to do with usb3hubs reported problems?

Other question... The mining process starts auto on boot...how can i check what is appening?
Is there a command to check cgminer output?
If the miner starts on boot i cant get any information from it... is there any way?
thanks

Another newbie here.  Took a look at this forum like 8 different times before realizing it was organized in reverse, i.e. newest last.  Now that I know it is still active I thought I would ask a couple questions.

I have a few gekko newpacs.  Have them connected to a decent powered hub and have them successfully mining on my wallet via ckpool proxy that I set up.  I have it on a spare azure ubuntu server that I have access to for the moment but would really like to be able to have the proxy over on my pi here in my home.  I have fought and fought with getting the pool to install in 3 different OS environments all linux based...finally got it running but I cannot get it to connect.  I suspect it has to do with several files being protected or restricted in the files I download.  Even after using chmod I still hit a wall.  None of that was a problem on the azure server though.  Anyway, I will stick a pin in that part.

The second part is I am having some difficulty creating my own bat file...that is the syntax is apparently wrong and I get random restarts.  I want to run this as slow as possible, I am trying to find out if there is a bare min. to keep a connection to the proxy open or from the proxy to the pool.  Maybe you all know the answer?  I am just wanting to know if there is a low limit...and if so, does anyone know what that is?  I set the thing to run at 25Mhtz with like 5000 difficulty but it still submits every few seconds to a minute.  I am just curious...if I start a proxy for myself if I have to always have something running or does it kick out if no miner is present?  That is essentially the question.  Also in regards to the syntax...this is essentially what I have right now...based on what I see in walkthroughs and documentation.  What I would like to do is know, is there a better way to connect to my proxy?  I am seeing where people are putting something other than wallet id in the -u...which makes me think there is another way...

Thanks in advance and pardon my possibly silly questions and legnth of post.
////
@echo off
for /F "tokens=2-8 delims=/:. " %%i in ("%DATE%.%TIME%") do @set TS=%%k%%i%%j_%%l%%m%%n%%o
set LOGFILE=cgminer_%TS%.log
set /p log=Should we log? (y/n)
if %log%==y ( title Logging to : cgminer_%TS%.log ) else ( set LOGFILE=nul )

mode con: cols=120 lines=60
cgminer.exe -o stratum+tcp://52.179.xxx.xxx:3334 --suggest-diff 5000 -u 1DQKoSArFfhD6tPyDxKHtYnRKiVTMHxxx -p x --usb :1 2>%LOGFILE%

echo. & pause
title Command Prompt
////
Forgive me newbie here. I'm not hashing anything with f2pool. I got some mining with zpool though.

Windows 10, newpac, latest cgminer.

Couple problems:

1) cmd window disappears but cgminer is running in services. I'd like to know why it closes and how to fix that.

2) this is what I see in the log file when trying to mine in f2pool

[2022-02-13 16:31:48.691] Started cgminer 4.11.1

I got it to mine f2pool.

Looks like cmd window is not supposed to stay open?
Forgive me newbie here. I'm not hashing anything with f2pool. I got some mining with zpool though.

Windows 10, newpac, latest cgminer.

Couple problems:

1) cmd window disappears but cgminer is running in services. I'd like to know why it closes and how to fix that.

2) this is what I see in the log file when trying to mine in f2pool

[2022-02-13 16:31:48.691] Started cgminer 4.11.1
 [2022-02-13 16:31:48.697] Probing for an alive pool
 [2022-02-13 16:31:49.167] Pool 0 difficulty changed to 65536
 [2022-02-13 16:31:49.167] Network diff set to 26.7T
 [2022-02-13 16:31:49.886] No devices detected!
 [2022-02-13 16:31:49.886] Waiting for USB hotplug devices or press q to quit
 [2022-02-13 16:32:11.862] Stratum from pool 0 detected new block at height 723176
 [2022-02-13 16:32:49.476] Stratum from pool 0 requested work restart
 [2022-02-13 16:34:20.619] Pool 0 difficulty changed to 32768
 [2022-02-13 16:35:07.914] Pool 0 difficulty changed to 16384
 [2022-02-13 16:35:55.584] Stratum from pool 0 requested work restart
 [2022-02-13 16:36:36.714] Pool 0 difficulty changed to 8192
 [2022-02-13 16:39:27.765] Stratum from pool 0 requested work restart
 [2022-02-13 16:42:57.153] Stratum from pool 0 detected new block at height 723177
 [2022-02-13 16:43:05.506] Stratum from pool 0 detected new block at height 723178
 [2022-02-13 16:43:12.420] Stratum from pool 0 detected new block at height 723179
 [2022-02-13 16:43:59.400] Stratum from pool 0 requested work restart
 [2022-02-13 16:45:10.738] Stratum connection to pool 0 interrupted
 [2022-02-13 16:45:11.111] Pool 0 successfully negotiated resume with the same session ID
 [2022-02-13 16:45:11.193] Pool 0 difficulty changed to 65536
 [2022-02-13 16:45:11.193] Stratum from pool 0 requested work restart
 [2022-02-13 16:47:03.136] Stratum from pool 0 requested work restart
 [2022-02-13 16:47:51.303] Pool 0 difficulty changed to 32768
 [2022-02-13 16:48:35.742] Pool 0 difficulty changed to 16384
 [2022-02-13 16:49:25.436] Pool 0 difficulty changed to 8192
 [2022-02-13 16:50:08.619] Stratum from pool 0 requested work restart
 [2022-02-13 16:53:41.177] Stratum from pool 0 requested work restart
 [2022-02-13 16:54:24.558] Stratum from pool 0 detected new block at height 723180
 [2022-02-13 16:55:09.186] Stratum from pool 0 requested work restart
 [2022-02-13 16:58:13.140] Stratum from pool 0 requested work restart
 [2022-02-13 16:58:34.206] Stratum connection to pool 0 interrupted
 [2022-02-13 16:58:34.488] Pool 0 successfully negotiated resume with the same session ID
 [2022-02-13 16:58:34.587] Pool 0 difficulty changed to 65536
 [2022-02-13 16:58:34.587] Stratum from pool 0 requested work restart
Pages:
Jump to: