Pages:
Author

Topic: Genesis Mining Presents: SGMiner-GM - now with Zawawa's GG! [Updated 17/01/2017] - page 2. (Read 140411 times)

Activity: 64
Merit: 0
Activity: 305
Merit: 250
Sgminer dual miner suport ?
Activity: 130
Merit: 10
Hi to all.
Can't find out, how to make the GPU core/mem clock settings to work in this miner? The corresponding parameters in commandline have no effect - RX 570 still running with the default clocks. If I try to change the core/mem/voltage/powertune from the miner hotkeys, I recieve "Failed to modify ... clock speed". The driver now is 18.1.1, but 17.x also doesn't work Sad

Can anybody point me to the solution?
Thanks.
Activity: 756
Activity: 75
Merit: 1

Dude you guys are entitled to fees. Sheez people think you develop this shT for nothing... maybe the ones anxious for you to give away your time and product should try to do it themselves. 
Activity: 7
Please help me in simplemining
I want mined etn with this miner in simplemining
But not can
This code  true

--kernel CryptoNight -o ssl://etn-eu1.nanopool.org:13433 etnkAay8c8VgLCvBRK5cXmQu7urcG9mDjBpZj1UdzB3nXTsxQfK5Sg6K3vWN5RzYSdFgR8s1kyGZhGR eNDW2Cmpb8i7jAf9myY.test -p x -T

Not working
Miner ended crashed

missing -u before your wallet, try this
--kernel CryptoNight -o ssl://etn-eu1.nanopool.org:13433 -u  etnkAay8c8VgLCvBRK5cXmQu7urcG9mDjBpZj1UdzB3nXTsxQfK5Sg6K3vWN5RzYSdFgR8s1kyGZhGR eNDW2Cmpb8i7jAf9myY.test -p x -T

legendary
Activity: 1797
Merit: 1028
But not can
This code  true

--kernel CryptoNight -o ssl://etn-eu1.nanopool.org:13433 etnkAay8c8VgLCvBRK5cXmQu7urcG9mDjBpZj1UdzB3nXTsxQfK5Sg6K3vWN5RzYSdFgR8s1kyGZhGR eNDW2Cmpb8i7jAf9myY.test -p x -T

Not working
Miner ended crashed

USE A CONFIGURATION FILE--

Take the following and paste it into a configuration file, i.e. "test.conf".  Run sgminer with "sgminer -c test.conf".  I do not think SGminer-GM supports the SSL URL.  Be sure to set the environment variables prior to launching SGminer-GM.  So, in a Windows batch file, the variables will precede the SGminer-GM launch line above.

Configuration File:
===========

{
    "pools": [{
        "url": "etn-eu1.nanopool.org:13333",
        "user": "YOURWALLETADDRESS.WORKER",
        "pass": "x"
    },
    {
        "url": "etn-us-west1.nanopool.org:13333",
        "user": "YOURETNADDRESS.WORKER",
    }],
    "profiles": [{
        "worksize": "8",
        "name": "xmr",
        "algorithm": "cryptonight",
        "gpu-threads": "1",
        "rawintensity": "1016"
    }],
    "default-profile": "xmr",
    "no-extranonce": false,
    "no-submit-stale": true,
    "api-listen": true,
    "api-port": 4028,
    "api-mcast-port": 4028,
    "api-allow": "W:127.0.0.1,W:192.168.1.1/24",
    "temp-cutoff": "85",
    "temp-overheat": "80"
}

Batch File:
======

setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_MAX_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_MAX_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

sgminer -c test.conf

pause

Raw Intensity can be adjusted to 1008-1016, or cut in half with "threads" =2.  If you have a smaller GPU, you may need to use 1/2 the Raw Intensity with "threads" =1.  If you still have trouble, start with RI = 896, or 448.  Worksize could be 4, or 8, but adjust RI accordingly.

SGminer-GM runs for weeks on my AMD cards.       --scryptr

Thanks
But i want code mined etn for
Simplemining.net?Huh
How mined?

SORRY, I USE WINDOWS OR PLAIN LINUX--

If Simplemining.net (SMOS?) has a radically different protocol, I can't help.  If you use the configuration file, you can simply place your pool:XXXX (port number) in the configuration.  It is also possible to write the entire above configuration on a single line if you change the commands in quotes to flag commands.

I don't run SMOS and won't be much more help there.  I got tired of single-line launch commands because they are harder to write out and edit.  A simple Lubuntu install, with fresh drivers and a freshly compiled miner, can use the same configuration file with a BASH script rather than a batch file.  I could help with that, but I have no experience with SMOS.  Lubuntu is free.

--scryptr
Activity: 290
But not can
This code  true

Not working
Miner ended crashed

Take the following and paste it into a configuration file, i.e. "test.conf".  Run sgminer with "sgminer -c test.conf".  I do not think SGminer-GM supports the SSL URL.  Be sure to set the environment variables prior to launching SGminer-GM.  So, in a Windows batch file, the variables will precede the SGminer-GM launch line above.

Configuration File:
===========

{
    },
    {
    }],
    }],
}

Batch File:
======

sgminer -c test.conf

pause

Raw Intensity can be adjusted to 1008-1016, or cut in half with "threads" =2.  If you have a smaller GPU, you may need to use 1/2 the Raw Intensity with "threads" =1.  If you still have trouble, start with RI = 896, or 448.  Worksize could be 4, or 8, but adjust RI accordingly.

Thanks
But i want code mined etn for
Simplemining.net?Huh
How mined?
Activity: 24
Hi,

I am having some network issues with sgminer. I have 10 rigs in my network that run sgminer and once in a while, my whole network becomes down because of one rig (it's always a random one). The switch port where is connected the rig in question starts blinking really fast and I have to either disconnect the network cable or reboot the rig to restore my whole network. I also notice that the network I/O is really high in sgminer compared to other miners. I only have this issue with sgminer as I have another farm with 20 rigs running ccminer and no network issue whatsoever.

Any thoughts?

Is here anyone who knows how to use it w/ Rx 480/470?

for me with 480s it resets the system
... the only problem is that the driver reports a wrong number of CUs. Therefore, you have to use a larger xintensity or just use rawintensity and the hashrate for those GPUs can be increased by using 2 threads per GPU.

Could you share proper values of xintensity or rawintensity for 480/470?
And is worksize of 256 correct?
TIA
worksize: 192
rawintensity (rx 470): 1916928
rawintensity (rx 480): 2156544

You should try different intensities to optimize your hash rate
legendary
But not can
This code  true

Not working
Miner ended crashed

Configuration File:
===========

{
    },
    {
    }],
    }],
}

Batch File:
======

sgminer -c test.conf

pause

Activity: 290
But not can
This code  true

Not working
Miner ended crashed
legendary
Hey,

I'm using sgminer-gm to mine ethash cryptos at MPH.

There is a pool that will switch coins based on profitability, but you can set which algorithm to use.

I set my miner to use ethash so the pool with switch between mining coins that use this algo.

Now, I did notice that the miner had some issues and reset power values and other stuff when the pool changed coin from ETH to ETC.

Do I need to create additional profile in the config file for sgminer-gm for ETC?

current profile is:

"worksize": "256",
        "name": "eth",
        "algorithm": "ethash",
        "xintensity": "1024"
    }]

Do I need to add additional profile like this:

},{
        "name": "etc",
    }]

Or the existing profile should work fine for both ETC and ETC? As far as I understand, the "name" field is just the name of the profile, it doesn't denote which coin to mine?

aLooking forward to answers or educated guesses

PROFILES ARE PER ALGORITHM--

If the algorithm is the same, one should be enough.  Pool differences should be in the "pools" portion of the JSON configuration.

The last time I used a NiceHash-style SGminer switching configuration, ASIC miners were not yet developed for x11-x17, Qubit, Quark, and etc.  Many of the NiceHash switching ports appeared dead. and not much switching took place.       --scryptr
Activity: 27
Hey,

I'm using sgminer-gm to mine ethash cryptos at MPH.

There is a pool that will switch coins based on profitability, but you can set which algorithm to use.

I set my miner to use ethash so the pool with switch between mining coins that use this algo.

Now, I did notice that the miner had some issues and reset power values and other stuff when the pool changed coin from ETH to ETC.

Do I need to create additional profile in the config file for sgminer-gm for ETC?

current profile is:

}]

Do I need to add additional profile like this:

},{
        "name": "etc",
    }]

Or the existing profile should work fine for both ETC and ETC? As far as I understand, the "name" field is just the name of the profile, it doesn't denote which coin to mine?

Looking forward to answers or educated guesses
Activity: 840
Merit: 1002
Build scripts and binaries for macOS are available below if anyone is interested:

Activity: 8
I have 5 rx 470 4GB with modded memory bios. (GPU 1100/MEM 2000/ALL Hynix)

The highest Hashrate I achieved was ~770 H/s Cryponight

Which settings do you use to get more than 800. I also read about more than 900 should be (easily) possible

Which miner Values did you use for it? (-w -g --rawintensity etc)

THX id advance   Roll Eyes
Activity: 15
Hi. I'm on win 10, 64 bit, using SGMiner 5.5.5.
Currently I have 2 GPUs: Sapphire RX 470 Nitro+ and Gigabyte RX 570 Aorus.
I'm experiencing the strangest thing: when one of the cards is connected to PCIe x16 slot (number 1) - be it using riser or directly - it provides bigger and more stable hashrate.

Example:
- RX 470 is in PCIe x16 slot (via riser) - gives ~900 H/s stable, no slowdowns after 20+ hours;
- RX 570 is in PCIe x1 slot (via riser, the one just above PCIe x16), - gives ~860 H/s on average, but with slowly degrading performance. It could go to 840 or even less gradually.

Now I know one might think "you have different overclock settings, BIOSes, the GPUs are different after all", BUT! When I switch PCIe connections of these cards - RX 570 starts to mine w 900 H/s stable, and RX 470 drops as described.
So could PCIe x16 be the difference here? I don't see how though, since both of the cards are connected via PCIe x1 risers. Thanks.

EDIT: there's one more thing - none of the included OC settings are working, for example "gpu-vddc" doesn't set (I set it in global part of the config). I believe it's to do with the drivers, right? I use latest crimson blockchain for W10.
However, there's another issue - SGMiner resets core voltage of all GPUs every so often. This happens with MSI Afterburner closed and/or open. I don't face such an issue with any of claymore's miners. Anyone has a solution for this? Thx.
Activity: 2
I know this thread is pretty much dead, (much love to Wolf0 and scrpytr for developing/supporting this version)

I love sgminer for my 560/570 rig, but I just can't seem to get it to work nicely with my other rig which is all 270/270x.  

{
            "rawintensity": "504",
            "gpu-threads": "1"
        }

This is the best I've come up with, getting ~360h/s per card.  Claymore 9.7 does ~430h/s per card.  (10.2/11 doesn't work well for me)

If anyone has any other numbers to try, I'd be more than happy to try them out.  I'd much rather use sgminer across all my rigs.

some time ago I asked for help for about 570/580 to be told by an optimal configuration and nobody helped me.

g2 / w8 /rI870 ->930 h/s with 60 Watts draw. RX580 uber-mix mod 1150/2080. In case you are still looking for advise
Activity: 49
I know this thread is pretty much dead, (much love to Wolf0 and scrpytr for developing/supporting this version)

I love sgminer for my 560/570 rig, but I just can't seem to get it to work nicely with my other rig which is all 270/270x.  

{
        }

This is the best I've come up with, getting ~360h/s per card.  Claymore 9.7 does ~430h/s per card.  (10.2/11 doesn't work well for me)

If anyone has any other numbers to try, I'd be more than happy to try them out.  I'd much rather use sgminer across all my rigs.
change rawintensity to 256 and try again

I've been down this path before, but rechecking... 190h/s at w8, g 1, 250-350h/s at w8 g2, 230-330h/s at w4 g2.  A couple cards don't like this intensity at all. Which is why I'm at 504, and no, cutting it to 252 and adding a thread doesn't help either.  

Claymore uses 448 for old cards

He uses 448 on version 11, which actually mines slower than 9.7, which uses 512.    And yes, I've tried 448 on sgminer.   Do you actually have any results of your own, or are you just spitting out numbers?
Activity: 51

{
        }

This is the best I've come up with, getting ~360h/s per card.  Claymore 9.7 does ~430h/s per card.  (10.2/11 doesn't work well for me)

If anyone has any other numbers to try, I'd be more than happy to try them out.  I'd much rather use sgminer across all my rigs.
change rawintensity to 256 and try again

I've been down this path before, but rechecking... 190h/s at w8, g 1, 250-350h/s at w8 g2, 230-330h/s at w4 g2.  A couple cards don't like this intensity at all. Which is why I'm at 504, and no, cutting it to 252 and adding a thread doesn't help either. 

Claymore uses 448 for old cards
Pages:
Jump to: