Pages:
Author

Topic: Genesis Mining Presents: SGMiner-GM - now with Zawawa's GG! [Updated 17/01/2017] - page 3. (Read 140378 times)

Activity: 49
Merit: 0
I know this thread is pretty much dead, (much love to Wolf0 and scrpytr for developing/supporting this version)

I love sgminer for my 560/570 rig, but I just can't seem to get it to work nicely with my other rig which is all 270/270x. 

{
            "name": "xmr",
            "algorithm": "cryptonight",
            "rawintensity": "504",
            "worksize": "8",
            "gpu-threads": "1"
        }

This is the best I've come up with, getting ~360h/s per card.  Claymore 9.7 does ~430h/s per card.  (10.2/11 doesn't work well for me)

If anyone has any other numbers to try, I'd be more than happy to try them out.  I'd much rather use sgminer across all my rigs.
change rawintensity to 256 and try again

I've been down this path before, but rechecking... 190h/s at w8, g 1, 250-350h/s at w8 g2, 230-330h/s at w4 g2.  A couple cards don't like this intensity at all. Which is why I'm at 504, and no, cutting it to 252 and adding a thread doesn't help either. 

Activity: 51
I know this thread is pretty much dead, (much love to Wolf0 and scrpytr for developing/supporting this version)

I love sgminer for my 560/570 rig, but I just can't seem to get it to work nicely with my other rig which is all 270/270x. 

{
        }

This is the best I've come up with, getting ~360h/s per card.  Claymore 9.7 does ~430h/s per card.  (10.2/11 doesn't work well for me)

If anyone has any other numbers to try, I'd be more than happy to try them out.  I'd much rather use sgminer across all my rigs.
change rawintensity to 256 and try again
Activity: 379
Merit: 250

{
        }

some time ago I asked for help for about 570/580 to be told by an optimal configuration and nobody helped me.
Activity: 49

{
        }

Activity: 2
I am using this AMD miner (5.5.5) for XMR and derivatives. By far the best results compared to others. However, I would like to mine with pool with high variable diff. Unfortunately I get stratum disconnects after 90 seconds. The tcp-keepalive seems not to work (neither by default nor by parameter). My cpu miners are doing fine with the same pool and network. In Wireshark I see that there is no communication besides Blocks/Shares. Any ideas?
thanks
Activity: 24
Hi.
Does anybody was able to use it on ethermine.org and similar pools? What are the cmd parameters should be? Sgminer says that pool is down everytime Sad And Nanopool accepts the connection, but only HW errors, not any accepted share (tried with ethash and ethash-new kernels)

Please, advice...
Thanks.

Hi,

Yes I use it on Ethermine and it's working just fine. Here is the command parameter I am using with EthOS : sgminer-gm=flags -k ethash-new. I am using this pool : us1.ethermine.org:14444

If you get a lot of HW errors (more than 2 per minute per card), then lower your OC. Your hashrate is not important, check your WU value (at the top right of the screen of sgminer). It's normal that it's a bit lower than your hashrate (between 2 and 3%).
Activity: 130
Merit: 10
Hi.
Does anybody was able to use it on ethermine.org and similar pools? What are the cmd parameters should be? Sgminer says that pool is down everytime Sad And Nanopool accepts the connection, but only HW errors, not any accepted share (tried with ethash and ethash-new kernels)

Please, advice...
Thanks.
legendary
Activity: 1796
Merit: 1028
Thanks for being unhelpful, ethos is far from being a rip off. I'll wait for someone with an appropriate answer.

If it wasn't a rip-off, you'd be getting decent support from Alex instead of looking for it here.

ALEX RETIRED--

He pulled up stakes and left the cryptoworld.  Sling00 provides support.       --scryptr
Activity: 588
Merit: 251
Thanks for being unhelpful, ethos is far from being a rip off. I'll wait for someone with an appropriate answer.

If it wasn't a rip-off, you'd be getting decent support from Alex instead of looking for it here.
I am struggling to get the API working. I seem to have tried everything but I can't get it working, whether it's with Awesome Miner or directly in the browser. I am under EthOS using the following parameter :

Come back when you're running your own Ubuntu install.  EthOS is a rip-off piece of shit.
Hi all!

I am struggling to get the API working. I seem to have tried everything but I can't get it working, whether it's with Awesome Miner or directly in the browser. I am under EthOS using the following parameter :

sgminer-gm=flags -k ethash-new --api-listen --api-allow "W:0/0" --api-port 4028

I also tried with --api-allow "W:127.0.0.1" with and without the ""

Any ideas?

Thanks.
This thread is looking pretty dead, but in case people are still following it, I'm wondering if anyone has been using this with AMDGPU-pro 17.40/Ubuntu?  I was running 5.5.5-gm-a with a couple Polaris cards, and ran into problems after upgrading to AMDGPU-pro 17.40.  High HW errors, no shares found (WU:0).  I had been successfully using threads: 2 and xi: 1155, but dropped back to 1 thread and xi 512, but still no luck.
My genoil fork (ethminer-nr) and Claymore 10 both work fine.

The thread is pretty dead and the miner is no longer updated but I still prefer SGminer-GM over Claymore's Cryptonote miner even though Claymore keeps his miner updated.

I figured out that the new driver generates different GCN code.  It looks like it's now using the HSA/ROCm llvm compiler.  Kernel binaries built with the old compiler still work.  The new driver also allows using the legacy OpenCL compiler.
Activity: 51
i get this

Code:
Stratum connection to pool interrupted

how can i fix this?
I am using sgminer 5.5.5 under EthOS with 8 x RX570 4GB and I was wondering if I should play with the rawintensity and worksize settings or just leave them by default? I am mining ETH only.

Thanks.
Activity: 238
Merit: 1
This thread is looking pretty dead, but in case people are still following it, I'm wondering if anyone has been using this with AMDGPU-pro 17.40/Ubuntu?  I was running 5.5.5-gm-a with a couple Polaris cards, and ran into problems after upgrading to AMDGPU-pro 17.40.  High HW errors, no shares found (WU:0).  I had been successfully using threads: 2 and xi: 1155, but dropped back to 1 thread and xi 512, but still no luck.

The thread is pretty dead and the miner is no longer updated but I still prefer SGminer-GM over Claymore's Cryptonote miner even though Claymore keeps his miner updated.
Activity: 1
Hello!
Ethpool and ethermine, and probably others, show the miner's reported hashrate. sgminer does not send this value to the pools, so it's always 0 or blank.
How to fix it?
Activity: 5
How can I run on a 12 card system?
Activity: 6
[18:21:13] Error -4 while attempting to enqueue kernel 0.
[18:21:13] GPU 3 failure, disabling!
[18:21:13] GPU 0 failure, disabling!
[18:21:13] GPU 2 failure, disabling!
[18:21:13] GPU 1 failure, disabling!
Any idea whats wrong?
4*470 under Win7 and blockchain driver from 27/07, sgminer 5.5.5-gm
"profiles":
    [
        {
            "rawintensity": "832",
        }
    ],
    "default-profile": "xmr",
    "no-extranonce": true,
    "gpu-platform": "0"

I had the same problem when i was using windows 7 on my rigs.
Try version 5.5.4 it should work.
Also try "gpu-threads": "2"  Wink
Pages:
Jump to: