Pages:
Author

Topic: Giveaway threads are not allowed - page 33. (Read 910913 times)

Activity: 344
Merit: 250
February 02, 2014, 10:17:38 AM
Just make giveaways for top 10-15 coins and that's it. Whoever makes on the list and start giveaway threads.

No, because then a list would have to be made. The forum's stance in general is that all alt coins are alt coins. The old established coins like Litecoin, Namecoin, etc are equal in alt coin legitimacy as PumpNDumpCoin that was made 15 minutes ago. The market decides the validity of a coin, not the staff of Bitcointalk.

Actually coinmarketcap.com is doing great job ranking the coins, so making top 15 list will be off Bitcointalk back.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127
February 02, 2014, 09:49:14 AM
i just don't understand why giveaways are banned, but yet begging disguised as a giveaway is still going strong...649 posts

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/eac-giveaway1000000-eac-to-giveup-to-10000-eac-eachthe-original-one-400396

Look at the dates on the replies, it's the first time it's been bumped since the new rule.
Activity: 350
Bitcointalk.org
February 02, 2014, 09:44:53 AM
i just don't understand why giveaways are banned, but yet begging disguised as a giveaway is still going strong...649 posts

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/eac-giveaway1000000-eac-to-giveup-to-10000-eac-eachthe-original-one-400396
Activity: 392
Bitcoin will survive
February 02, 2014, 08:15:10 AM
Just make giveaways for top 10-15 coins and that's it. Whoever makes on the list and start giveaway threads.
now you can give this giveaway on reddit and give link here on your thread its not a issue
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154
Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?
February 02, 2014, 01:19:18 AM

No, because then a list would have to be made. The forum's stance in general is that all alt coins are alt coins. The old established coins like Litecoin, Namecoin, etc are equal in alt coin legitimacy as PumpNDumpCoin that was made 15 minutes ago. The market decides the validity of a coin, not the staff of Bitcointalk.

Do you have the list for the 600 coins?? Or are you guessing.  I would be happy to see.

I have an incredibly good memory, I'm the type of guy who can memorize the order of a deck of cards/count cards etc (no one plays cards with me anymore  Cry ) I'm good with numbers.

I did have a list going as a curiousity, but at the 214th coin which was Skiencoin or something like that, I stopped writing them down, as I got tired of opening up excel every time I found a new coin and just started making a mental note every time I found an unfarmiliar name. To be completely fair as I said in my last post about the matter, the number is more for representation purposes, as I made note every time I heard a new name, and didn't necessarily look into the coin further to see if it was actually launched, or just a joke. If I get bored I might finish up the list.
Activity: 378
February 01, 2014, 09:17:25 PM

someone has their thinking cap on! of course there would need to be a constantly up dated list of the Top Coins to avoid arguments.  lol
Activity: 344
February 01, 2014, 09:07:58 PM
Just make giveaways for top 10-15 coins and that's it. Whoever makes on the list can start giveaway threads.
legendary
February 01, 2014, 04:49:22 PM
Any updated if admins are considering actions against the entire altcoin subforum?

Haven't heard anything, but I doubt it, I don't see a reason to. There's still spammers but it's a lot easier to identify to source of the problem without so much clutter and deal with it. 
legendary
Activity: 2828
Merit: 6108
Blackjack.fun
February 01, 2014, 04:33:14 PM
this is bullshit, it's like to forbid manufacture of food to provide sampling to people.

A more accurate analogy would be a nightclub, with about 100 people all dancing, talking, having a good time, everything is cool. Then about 500 dudes show up pushing their way around, interrupting conversations, yelling at everyone to try their samples. Club owner gets pissed and tells them to take it outside. They can still do it, just not inside the club. Problem solved.

This is one of the best analogy posted.
Some pissed off newbies should understand that the action wasn't against the giveaway threads or the altcoins but against the users who turned the subforum into a crap hole.
Any updated if admins are considering actions against the entire altcoin subforum?
Bitcoin will survive
February 01, 2014, 03:51:44 PM
this is bullshit, it's like to forbid manufacture of food to provide sampling to people.

lol, too many sampling the restaurant will be out of business Grin
and after this owner must be member of beggars club and now living on others samples  Cheesy
legendary
February 01, 2014, 02:36:10 PM

A more accurate analogy would be a nightclub, with about 100 people all dancing, talking, having a good time, everything is cool. Then about 500 dudes show up pushing their way around, interrupting conversations, yelling at everyone to try their samples. Club owner gets pissed and tells them to take it outside. They can still do it, just not inside the club. Problem solved.
Activity: 770
Merit: 605
February 01, 2014, 01:52:17 PM

lol, too many sampling the restaurant will be out of business Grin
Activity: 69
Merit: 10
February 01, 2014, 01:35:11 PM
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195
February 01, 2014, 08:02:10 AM
Oh darn, I was gonna giveaway 25 BTC. Oh well...

You can do that over in the games and rounds section.
Bitcoin will survive
February 01, 2014, 07:23:54 AM
giveaway can still work just do as Stunna done give link on your thread and start on reddit its not a issue if some one want to give something here
Activity: 308
February 01, 2014, 06:23:00 AM
Mods, stop with this nonsense. You're trying to annoy the alt-coin people until they leave. Grow a pair of balls and dump the section if you want to that badly.

Maybe the annoyance will make people reconsider making coins at the drop of a hat. That said,I have absolutely nothing against giveaways. Sure,some people need a start in this community,give them a few coins. But it's become a little too much with every new coin offering giveaways as soon as they're started.
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
January 31, 2014, 11:50:23 PM
People don't seem to understand. Essentially we are saying, we don't want your coin spam here. Take it to your own forums, Bitcointalk doesn't cater to thousands of threads about *insert coin*. We aren't motivated to keep the conversation here, so a vote wont do anything, we are trying to get you to take your conversations elsewhere.

People that are saying, FIX IT OR WE WILL LEAVE! thats kind of our intentions. Obviously we don't want people to leave the bitcoin discussion here, but we do want you to take the majority of your altcoin discussion elsewhere. This is Bitcointalk, it can't handle the alt coin discussion volume for 600 different coins, so we are asking that you take it to your own forums.

KeyserSozeMC, we are trying to get people to do exactly what you are doing. Creating your own forums for giveaways like you are doing, I actually really appreciate it.

The main point here that is irritating that people are ignoring, if we don't cut down the post spam, IE hundreds of thousands of posts of people just pasting their addresses, we will lose the entire section. I for one would like to keep the Alt Currency section, however people seem to be ignoring the fact that creating a giveaway subforum wont help. We want the excess spam off of Bitcointalk, not just jammed in a different corner.

Do you have the list for the 600 coins?? Or are you guessing.  I would be happy to see.
Activity: 420
Merit: 263
let's make a deal.
January 31, 2014, 08:31:41 PM
Knee-jerk reactions are seldom appropriate.
tell that to 99% of the replies in this thread.
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
see my profile
January 31, 2014, 08:20:44 PM
Oh darn, I was gonna giveaway 25 BTC. Oh well...

Let's PM him our addresses. I think that's still legal.

Wink
Activity: 784
Merit: 512
January 31, 2014, 04:20:54 PM
The win-win situation would have been to create a sub-forum.

Knee-jerk reactions are seldom appropriate.
Pages:
Jump to: