Pages:
Author

Topic: [Group Buy#2] Avalon ASICs CHIPS! 1 chip = .078BTC = 282Mhash! - page 2. (Read 20862 times)

Activity: 359
Merit: 250
Too bad it didn't work out :/
Please refund to 18EFZ4c5vXyhq66Rqty3CozgeUKc3cHeqm
(5.44btc as shown in the spreadsheet + 2.61btc that was never updated = 8.05 btc)
(transaction id for the 2.61btc purchase: 8d35f0a3ac54855facf55f748f2ee0929a55cd772584eb155fa8dcbfb1d3d1d8 )

Thanks for your effort either way!
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
I have sent a pm but figured I would add this here as well.

ragingazn628 please add my funds back into:
1JEWDe6WVsGoVN8pTNak4eqKNmcJnBXyZ2

Thanks for all your hard work, sorry it didn't pan out. Hopefully there will be more investment opportunities in the future.

Jesse
Activity: 378
It seems that all of the group buys have slowed down not just this one.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
I was just about to put in an order for 128 chips too Sad.

Those of you in the US who are still planning on buying, what other options are you looking at?
are you guys getting refunds totally giving up on buying any more avalon chips, or are you considering looking into different options?

i have a few chips in the first group buy and was hoping to get in on this once it got closer to completion, but its looking like that won't happen.

sadly my 5 or 7.5 BTC contribution won't be nearly enough to make a difference, so just wondering what you guys are thinking.
I am bummed out and I don't understand why this group stalled.
I think this was the least costly for US buyers and I didn't see any trust issues.

Activity: 22
are you guys getting refunds totally giving up on buying any more avalon chips, or are you considering looking into different options?

i have a few chips in the first group buy and was hoping to get in on this once it got closer to completion, but its looking like that won't happen.

sadly my 5 or 7.5 BTC contribution won't be nearly enough to make a difference, so just wondering what you guys are thinking.
Activity: 364
Refund received here as well.

Thanks!
Activity: 15
Refund received thanks!
Raging, please issue my refund to the following address:

1CTAZhJ64EnbQLz2PcBdbZefYvjZmnTZGh

Thanks for trying.
Ataxx
Activity: 59
Raging,

Refund received.  Thank you.
Activity: 406
While writing the posts for my groupbuy i thought a bit about this.

No offend to john, but i think theres no advantage in using an escrow. I mean the chips would be sent to Dabs anway... so that he holds all the value at some point. So the escrow would only be useful to not having another person holding all the coins. But thats not needed anyway. All 3 groups, once they have the needed amount of chips together, could send their share directly to avalon. Theres a timeframe for sending the coins. Only all three would need to get together via messenger or so and send the btc to an address.. For this area an escrow is of no big use anway... (Dont punch me john... Smiley)

Ill now write the posts to an end to see what my groupbuyers think about this all.

I don't think there's any need for escrow.  Raging's group didn't have any so I'll trust his judgement to make sure there are no snafus.  I can't speak for the rest of our group but my feeling is that the escrow is more trouble/time/cost than its worth.  I'd just like to see the 3 group leaders organize it asap. 

Another thing- in aggregate there will be a higher shipping charge.  This should be fairly nominal when divided pro rata by chip- I'm fine with whatever increased charges we need to pay to subdivide and ship.

with 18 posts off course he will say no need to have escrow? I wonder why???
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007
For the record, I wouldn't be necessarily against a merger of the group buys. I do however think that the shipment should initially go to the *largest* group, who will then resend it to the others.
Sorry
Wish we could have worked out that merger.
The group buy seems to have stalled.
Please send refund to my sending address
165d4CVWKerERHsNxMA6SS357LBJbkkcxU

Thanks!
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912
The Concierge of Crypto
Oh well. That's how it goes, no problem. I have until the end of the month to see if the pace picks up or not. We can talk again if our totals already are at about 10,000 chips worth. Until then, maybe there is no point in merging.

The escrow is for the peace of mind of all buyers involved. The fee would not come from the buyers anyway, but from the organizers. There are many people who have the coins that want to get chips, they are just waiting for a certain level before committing.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
Unfortunately due to increased competition with other group buys, it seems our efforts to get this one underway is fast stalling.

When i see the number of chips ordered per day with zefirs groupbuy (5470 chips ordered daily in average from april 16th to april 30th) and then see the orders of all 3 groupbuys together then i believe its more the time that is the biggest factor. The chips are not so very new like they were when the chipselling was offered first. Before ragingazns and zefirs groupbuy filled fast batch after batch, now its much slower.

Anyway... at a point it will be filled... Smiley
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
I'm officially bowing out. PM sent to Raz. Just posting here so that there's public record. Thanks to all those who tried to make it happen.
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
Coin Generator
Ok guys please PM me for a refund if you want out Smiley no harm / offense taken!
ragingazn628:

I'd like to thank you for all your noble and hard work that you put into the 2nd group buy.

Unfortunately due to increased competition with other group buys, it seems our efforts to get this one underway is fast stalling.

As such, I'm officially bowing out as I will pursue other options.

Please REFUND my 126 BTC to the address provided via PM.

Sincerely,
Ataxx
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
I got some feedback in my groupbuy. It looks like all responses are negative. Its the new layer of complexity thats added. In case that in the next week the batch isnt full yet the tide may change but at the moment it looks the way i wrote.
Pages:
Jump to: