Pages:
Author

Topic: [Group Buy#2] Avalon ASICs CHIPS! 1 chip = .078BTC = 282Mhash! - page 8. (Read 20878 times)

Activity: 562
Merit: 100
It's looking like I may want my chips sent to BkkCoins in Thailand, would that be ok? Anyone else looking seriously at this option in this batch want to pool postage?
Hi, just registering my contribution, I put in for 128 chips. I can't do SMT, but I know a local guy who does, or may ask one of the PCB developers for a package quote....

Added you to the list. Please send as soon as you can! Thanks!

I sent btc yesterday Smiley do you need the transaction id again?
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
Coin Generator
Hi, just registering my contribution, I put in for 128 chips. I can't do SMT, but I know a local guy who does, or may ask one of the PCB developers for a package quote....

Added you to the list. Please send as soon as you can! Thanks!

Hey guys, other than burnin who else is building asics with these chips and have proven progress?  I'll buy some Chips if I can see some proof of work, and I wondering its possible to receive the built machine before BFL ships all theirs.  If anyone can address my concerns or don't mind assisting me in finding a person to build me a asic I'll be buying some chips :-)

Thanks

I am putting a team together in my local state but nothing concrete yet.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Hey guys, other than burnin who else is building asics with these chips and have proven progress?  I'll buy some Chips if I can see some proof of work, and I wondering its possible to receive the built machine before BFL ships all theirs.  If anyone can address my concerns or don't mind assisting me in finding a person to build me a asic I'll be buying some chips :-)

Thanks
Coin Generator
'k. Please forgive me for the idiocy of the following question(s). I'm completely new to the entire mining aspect of Bitcoin, so I know, before ordering any of these puppies I need to understand if I actually grasp what I need to learn, and buy in addition, to make use of those chips. That's my job, and I understand that much Smiley

That said, here's the question that you maybe can help me with:

I guess I don't get the whole batch 1, batch 2 thing. Are all of them ordered and paid for already, or do you need to collect the funds to place the order. What I try to understand is this: if I transfer the required btc to you, how long will it approximately take before you start shipping them?

Again, sorry if that question was already answered (maybe that's what your point "lead time" meant), but I just want to be sure to understand what to expect.

Hey there,

Unlike Zefir (who only bought the first batch and resold it with a 10% mark up + tons of fees), I am charging only 5% for hosting the group buy and organizing things and packaging and shipping out the chips to individuals and you are responsible for your own individual fees (like shipping and import fees/ taxes etc.) - He also charges I believe $20 to ship your item out + you pay fees, with 10% more percent and another 20% for import fees and such.

Group Buy #1 is already done and chips pre-ordered. As soon as there's enough BTC for this group buy I will order immediately. At any point in the group buy you need your BTC back I will happily refund you but you cannot participate again, unless it is a dire emergency and you need the cash etc. -

Avalon states that they will start shipping out the chips 9-10 weeks so that will be the minimum. Once I know the order is coming to me I will make it my 100% priority to get this thing ship off to people ASAP! I will put everything else aside. As far as "lead time" that's mentioned by Avalon ASICs not me, I think it means that their expected manufactured date.

Please don't hesitate to ask any more questions Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007
'k. Please forgive me for the idiocy of the following question(s). I'm completely new to the entire mining aspect of Bitcoin, so I know, before ordering any of these puppies I need to understand if I actually grasp what I need to learn, and buy in addition, to make use of those chips. That's my job, and I understand that much :)

That said, here's the question that you maybe can help me with:

I guess I don't get the whole batch 1, batch 2 thing. Are all of them ordered and paid for already, or do you need to collect the funds to place the order. What I try to understand is this: if I transfer the required btc to you, how long will it approximately take before you start shipping them?

Again, sorry if that question was already answered (maybe that's what your point "lead time" meant), but I just want to be sure to understand what to expect.
Coin Generator
2013-04-28: 2nd batch has ~6300 chips left
Coin Generator
Starting Group Buy #2.

Group Buy #2 Spread Sheet

http://store.avalon-asics.com/?page_id=9605

Please post questions about Group Buy#1 here:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/group-buy1-avalon-asics-chips-using-johnk-as-escrow-finished-177994

This thread will be separate for group 2!

Product Description
  • the only payment accepted is Bitcoin.
  • the chips being sold are packaged and tested.
  • the lead time on the chips is 9 to 10 weeks.
  • made to order from TSMC foundry and then packaged and shipped.
  • the minimum order quantity is 10,000 chips and the maximum order quantity is 200,000.
  • the chips are identical to those in Avalon, clocking 282Mh/s per chip.
  • the password is “I understand and agree”.
  • communication protocol, reference board design provided in early May.
  • everything will be open source from FPGA to PCB design.
  • we do not offer technical support of any kind, this is final.
  • if you do not know what to do with the packaged chips, please do not purchase.

Status Updates:
2013-04-28: 2nd batch has ~6300 chips left
2013-04-27: 1st batch ordered, 2nd batch has ~6800 chips left

Order Status
Code:
#10129 	April 27, 2013 	Chips ordered 	฿782.10 for 1 item

Remainder
Only send payments from an address you control (i.e. you can sign with it). If you send from MtGox or other exchanges, you risk loosing your funds since you can't prove you sent them.

How to sign:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1922342

Policy update: Refunds
Your orders are binding after your funds have been used to pay for a batch. Before that (while coins are piling up for the next batch), you can demand for a refund and will get it paid back in full. Note that after you got refunded, I will not accept future orders from you (to prevent free risk-offloading to me).

Terms:

• Total BTC PER order is 782.1 BTC (Before fees)!
  • The final 2.1 BTC shipping price will be divided by how many ever people are buying the chips - so if 20 then 2.1/20 and will be added to your contribution! It is currently set to 0.0525 (divided by 40 people) - I will refund any extra and if we go over I will cover the rest to save everyone a headache of sending more!
  • Minimum BTC required to invest is 1BTC! Which equates to about 12 Chips! Each Chip costs 0.078BTC
  • You will be responsible for paying your own individual shipping when the ship arrives in the US (Connecticut)
  • Chips will be shipped as soon as they arrived (if time/weather allows) and as soon as I know the address that they're going to.
  • Individual Shipping will be required to have tracking! Individual also include custom fees!
  • In order to provide the best protection for your investments I will buy packing supplies to make 100% sure your product isn't damaged during the shipment.
  • There will be a 5% fee for organizing this group buy and shipping out individually to contributors. It takes time to keep track of everything. Takes gas to drive back and forth to ship out. Etc.
  • BTC will be sent to this address: 1Q429SRTE6wRiXfThyABoyfU7Eygc3qaBF
  • Before sending please confirm with me so I can tell you how much to send.
  • All chips amount will be realistically rounded down. If you want your amount to be rounded to the next number use the Chip Calculator in the spreadsheet.

Shipment
The chips will be forwarded to you as soon as I receive them and you paid the fiat component mentioned above. Delivery within USA will usually take less than a week; overseas will take what it takes. You will be given the option to select shipment method on time and resolve custom specific issues.

Trust
JohnK has confirmed and verified all my identifications and shipping address destination from utility bills - so you can feel safe in this group buy.

Group Buy#1 I have been 100% compliant with any requests so I will do the same for this group buy and for future batches Smiley

Communication
I live in CT, USA Eastern Standard Times. I work at home so most PMs and replies to the thread will be answered shortly. I do require 6-8 hours of sleep so if I am not here please don't be discouraged Wink

Who should buy and who should not
You can order chips either if you plan to develop your own mining board, or want to buy a ready-to-mine assembled from other developers / manufacturers. In the latter case, with your order you secure the chips from the current batch and decide where to send them for assembly when they arrive.

Escrow
I did not offer escrow for a simple reason: as soon as the payments fill up to 782.1 BTC, I'll order another batch. No idea how long the chips will be in stock, but I would like to act fast. The first group had a few delays because I took pledges first and when those pledges filled I proceeded to collect the funds. And by doing that it caused delays because over 300+ BTC pledged were pulled out. So I will NOT be taking pledges. You must have BTC in hand to participate.

Reservation, Payments
This is a first come first serve group buy. Only participate if you have BTC on hand!

Extras:
I am also currently working on an ASICs project with the local engineers in my state. I will keep everyone updated on how far we will proceed. We do not have anything concrete yet, just getting our feet wet. Who knows, some people might want their chips to be made into a mining machine.
Pages:
Jump to: