Pages:
Author

Topic: [Group Buy#2] Avalon ASICs CHIPS! 1 chip = .078BTC = 282Mhash! - page 5. (Read 20862 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Where are we now on this Ranging? I just hope this BUY hasn't stalled.

It appears to be stalling. We're at 186ish of PAID funds, of a needed 800-something-ish needed, with another 48ish-to-160ish currently pledged (depending if ATAXX ups his order to a full 200, or what have you... Gotta get this movin'!
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
Nice! That's that's 144G/Hash! at about 1250watts. At current difficulty, it'd make you $28,269.58/month, before electricity costs (about $150 in energy cost).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aoe35iPRQzfodExmdE5DdHo2OWo4YVUtUHZpNEg5X0E#gid=0

That would be one AWESOME rig to have.

I'm just gonna have a puny 120-chip rig to start, assuming this second buy actually funds. 85 if it doesn't.  Undecided

Avalon's confirmed orders of chips ALONE are going to quadruple the network hashrate.  Add in the other ASICs, difficulty will be between 6x and 10x+ higher, and prices seem to be dropping down
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
Where are we now on this Ranging? I just hope this BUY hasn't stalled.
More importantly guys, the spreadsheet hasn't really budged. We need to get others to participate. I'm in for 126BTC I'll probably go in for a total of 200. If we don't make any serious traction between now and next week. This group BUY is as good as dead.

Agreed, 1000%. I think that the fact that there are tons of different group buys (for different regions, etc) is distracting for a lot of people. It was easy gaining traction on the first one, but after they've started a separate one in every country in the UN (not literally, but yeah), those numbers are getting diluted FAST. The longer this thing goes on, the less likely it is to fund. And every day or week that we wait to fill this buy, the further behind it puts us.
Activity: 15
More importantly guys, the spreadsheet hasn't really budged. We need to get others to participate. I'm in for 126BTC I'll probably go in for a total of 200. If we don't make any serious traction between now and next week. This group BUY is as good as dead.
Nice! That's that's 144G/Hash! at about 1250watts. At current difficulty, it'd make you $28,269.58/month, before electricity costs (about $150 in energy cost).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aoe35iPRQzfodExmdE5DdHo2OWo4YVUtUHZpNEg5X0E#gid=0

I'm just gonna have a puny 120-chip rig to start, assuming this second buy actually funds. 85 if it doesn't.  Undecided

I was going to do 100 chips but figured my kids can do without new shoes this year and will have no choice but to forgive me when I'm old.  I'm discounting present rates by 75-90% and hoping we're all live by July.  Now hopefully we can get someone to build and ship boards quickly!

It's a gamble, to be sure. I would've probabaly gone bigger myself, but there's no easy way for me to buy bitcoin in any quantity. Bitinstant won't let me transfer more than $500/day (and of course they take $25 every time I do that). I don't have any bitcoin reserves to draw from, and my timing was terrible (had to buy at $140+ a few days, instead of the $90-$115 of the past couple of days (damn you, lady luck!)

If I see $50 BTC, any time soon, I'll be buying up a great deal of it though! Smiley
Activity: 59

I was going to do 100 chips but figured my kids can do without new shoes this year and will have no choice but to forgive me when I'm old.  I'm discounting present rates by 75-90% and hoping we're all live by July.  Now hopefully we can get someone to build and ship boards quickly!

Activity: 59
I'm in!

Sent 32.844 BTC for 400 chips.
Activity: 11
Everyone is welcome. Except scary people. Wink

I'll make sure to put on a nice guy smiley face then!  Cheesy
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
Coin Generator
ragingazn628, I got into the end of the last group buy (with admittedly a low amount,) could I still get in on this one or are you excluding previous people?  I don't know how many exactly yet, it depends on what the going rate of BTC is when Dwolla finishes its transfer.

Everyone is welcome. Except scary people. Wink
Activity: 11
ragingazn628, I got into the end of the last group buy (with admittedly a low amount,) could I still get in on this one or are you excluding previous people?  I don't know how many exactly yet, it depends on what the going rate of BTC is when Dwolla finishes its transfer.
Activity: 8
Anyone have any suggestions on how to attract more people to this group? Would love it if we could get our goal by next week.
Activity: 672
Right, i'm gonna read the other thread. Didn't realize it was there. Came from an outside link directly to this thread.
Activity: 728
Excuse me for the probably stupid question but how do you use these chips?
Sure, i'd buy some but once i have them what then?

I'm working through the same process now - there's a lot on the first group buy that talks about different people who will be offering their services to add these chips that you can buy to PCBs... it seems like an awesome idea but have lots of reading and catching up to do before jumping in as far as I can tell.
Activity: 672
Excuse me for the probably stupid question but how do you use these chips?
Sure, i'd buy some but once i have them what then?
Iirc the 'proof' was like 45,000 btc being moved.  It was damn close to the number for 10k chips x 50
10 batches aka 100k chips? I think people had posted evidence of 500k chips being bought?

I haven't seen any hard numbers, and I don't know if anybody really has. It's all just speculation, but like I said, I was going with a conservative number. It could easily be a million chips, for all we know.  Undecided
10 batches aka 100k chips? I think people had posted evidence of 500k chips being bought?
Assuming we have the schematics and complete gerber files, I have a source that can assemble and fabricate in a matter of days to a week. I will hopefully have more info on this shortly.

Definitely let me know. Every second counts in this race. If my math is correct, and we assume 10 batches of chips shipping in the next 10 weeks (which I think is probably a low number), that's 28.9T/hash coming online by mid-july, JUST from avalon chips ordered so far.

That's gonna SKYROCKET difficulty in really short order. He who mines soonest wins.  Grin
Pages:
Jump to: