Pages:
Author

Topic: [Group Buy#2] Avalon ASICs CHIPS! 1 chip = .078BTC = 282Mhash! - page 7. (Read 20845 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500
Coin Generator
I just sent payment for 30 ASIC from address 165d4CVWKerERHsNxMA6SS357LBJbkkcxU
Thanks!

confirmed thanks.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
I just sent payment for 30 ASIC from address 165d4CVWKerERHsNxMA6SS357LBJbkkcxU
Thanks!
Coin Generator
What about a lottery system for the early chips based on #bought. The only reason I say that is I'm working on a PCB DIY board and would like a shot to get a head start.

What was the final pre-shipping cost per chip? Want to verify before I send over/pledge BTCs. (Probably in for 36 chips).

pre-shipping is now calculated in

X/10000 * 2.1

so 2.1 BTC shipping is based on how many chips you bought now, for 36 chips it would be: 2.95596 BTC
Activity: 562
Merit: 100
I would like the chips to go to somebody who is developing an open source board. Or failing that, shared equally. Ultimately I would respect ragingazn628's opinion, as he's taken the time to organise it though. Are you backing out over this issue, flyonwall?
Activity: 250
RockStable Token Inc
I am backing out, sorry. I will order from Zefir instead.
Activity: 839
Merit: 608
What about a lottery system for the early chips based on #bought. The only reason I say that is I'm working on a PCB DIY board and would like a shot to get a head start.

What was the final pre-shipping cost per chip? Want to verify before I send over/pledge BTCs. (Probably in for 36 chips).
RockStable Token Inc
Right now it's Ataxx that's got the largest number of chips.
RockStable Token Inc
Yes, I am, but I'm OK with whoever has the biggest order gets all the sample chips. We need to hurry and get this over with. Time is running.
Activity: 224
Well, I am building a system where other chip buyers can participate also.

Remind me. Are you the one who is trying to build the "condo" system?
I would say that anybody who shows a promising design should get them to work on testing and development. BUUUUUT no one person should get all of them.

Maybe 4 chips to each developer, if there are 5 people with promising designs? 10 chips per person if there are only 2?

What are those developers prepared to offer the group in exchange to some high-value chips, weeks or even months before the rest of us get our hands on them? Guranteed open-source access, so we can have boards printed before chips arrive? Discounts on finished products? First spot in line for assembly services, or pcb kits? All of the above?

If we as a group are pitching in for a project, it's only fair that we benefit. I'm not a developer, so I don't want the chips, since I can't do anything with them in the mean time anyway (short of using Avalon's source to make a couple of boards and selfishly mine with them, which I don't want to do) but I want to know for certainty that anybody who does get the chips doesn't do so for their own personal gain, and not let the group benefit. Having 1.12GH (assuming division between 5 developers) of hashing power for the couple of months longer than everybody else is going to give you a decent edge. Having time to experiment, prove results, and market your product is a SERIOUS edge.

So what does the group get in exchange for that edge? Do we provide somebody an edge to develop their company, only to have that person turn around and realize they can charge way more for a developed product, and screw the rest of is?

I want to see some commitment for those asking us for chips, before I vote where they're going, but I'm just one guy, so that doesn't amount to much.

What say you?
RockStable Token Inc
Well, I am building a system where other chip buyers can participate also, but I'm OK with whoever has the largest order gets all of them. This way we can get this all done in no time.
Activity: 349
Merit: 250
Also, what are we going to do with the few sample chips that Yifu sends about a week after the order date? I would like to get those all to myself, if nobody objects.

It will be up to the group. I say top contributors gets them. IMO.

I'm not in this group.. but common sense for me would say that the board designers should get them to design the mining boards.. makes the most sense, or?
Coin Generator
Also, what are we going to do with the few sample chips that Yifu sends about a week after the order date? I would like to get those all to myself, if nobody objects.

It will be up to the group. I say top contributors gets them. IMO.
Activity: 562

Why would you get those? especially ALL of them?
RockStable Token Inc
Coin Generator
I believe Yifu Guo sends the communication protocol and reference design docs only to those who place orders? If so, can each of us in this group buy get a copy of those? Thanks.

Yes of course.
RockStable Token Inc
I believe Yifu Guo sends the communication protocol and reference design docs only to those who place orders? If so, can each of us in this group buy get a copy of those? Thanks.
Coin Generator
Just to clarify, no escrow is taking place on this buy?

Also, shouldn't we do this second buy basing the shipping price on a per-chip basis, rather than a per-order basis? Dividing all fees, including shipping and tarriffs by the 10,000 chips, and rolling it into one easy to calculate per-chip cost should save everybody a lot of headache, and will be more fair for everybody involved.

I'm interested in another 50 chips or so. But I don't want to pay more than my fair share of the freight on these things again, if that can be avoided.

A guy ordering 2000 chips paying the same as a guy ordering 10 chips, is crazy. Assuming 80 buyers like last time, that's .8% shipping per share. Guy one is benefitting from 20% of the order, he should be paying 20% of the shipping, but he's only paying a flat share of .08%.

Guy 2 is benefitting .01% of the order, while paying 8 times his share of the shipping. He should be paying .01% of the shipping costs..  Undecided

Just take the 782.1btc for the order, add the 2.1btc for shipping, for a total of 784.2. (823.41 Figure in 5% fees ( Divide that number by 10,000, and you get a result of .082341BTC per chip, shipping and fees included.

The tariffs can be divided by 10k as well, for a per-chip cost.

Individual shipping from OP to buyer will be whatever they are. No need to socialize the shipping and tariff costs though.

Also this makes it really easy to calculate how much to send per chip. If I want 50 chips, I multiply .082341 * number of desired chips (50).

50*.082341= 4.11705BTC

On the OP's end, it's also simple. Divide number of BTC sent by .082341 to verify number of chips paid for. Easy peasy! Grin

Should save the hassle of needing to do refunds for confusing over-payments, or any of that. Seems to me that a great deal of the work that JohnK had to put into the last one was figuring out who overpaid, by how much, and why. I know I had trouble figuring out how much I needed to actually send as well.

Just my $0.02. Take it for what it's worth.
RockStable Token Inc
Time is of the essence. We need this going. If you are interested, pledge now. Once the pledges reach the threshold, I am paying.
Pages:
Jump to: