Pages:
Author

Topic: [Guide] Dogie's Comprehensive Bitmain AntMiner S1 Setup [HD] - page 17. (Read 112162 times)

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com
How would you go up plugging 3 antminers into 2 cx 750s? They each have 4 plugs, and only 6 is required, so will one psu be under more load than the other?
3 from each.
Activity: 138
Merit: 100
Have not been able to get my AntMiner S1 to show up in MultiMiner. It there some steps I need to take in order for it to show up? Anything need to be setup in the backend? I got it working and it is mining just fine, but would like to see it in Multiminer.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Rob

Hi rhj12345,

Did you find solution to MultiMiner + AntMiner S1 showing up...?

I am having the same issue...any help is appreciated...

Yes, just found it tonight. It's here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/multiminer-any-miner-any-where-on-any-device-free-open-source-cross-platform-248173

Going to work on this tomorrow and report back.

Rob Wink
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
PM for journalist,typing,and data entry services.
How would you go up plugging 3 antminers into 2 cx 750s? They each have 4 plugs, and only 6 is required, so will one psu be under more load than the other?
ZiG
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Have not been able to get my AntMiner S1 to show up in MultiMiner. It there some steps I need to take in order for it to show up? Anything need to be setup in the backend? I got it working and it is mining just fine, but would like to see it in Multiminer.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Rob

Hi rhj12345,

Did you find solution to MultiMiner + AntMiner S1 showing up...?

I am having the same issue...any help is appreciated...
legendary
dogiecoin.com
Added overclocking and tons more information to the dogiecoin.com version of the guide. Will update here soon.

Nicely formatted version available at www.dogiecoin.com!
Yeah okay i saw on the official website. Well thanks dogie, 2 cx 750 it is!
legendary
dogiecoin.com
No, its a much cheaper quality PSU. See my sig for a more detailed analysis of the two PSUs.

Mkay at your power supply analysis. What "two psu" were you referring to? The cx 750m? Yeah okay, they're $75 at microcenter.
http://www.microcenter.com/product/406089/CX_Series_CX750M_750_Watt_ATX_Modular_Power_Supply
And these can run 3 antminers OC'ed? But according to microcenter, these only have 2 6 pins, and antminers require 2 6 pins.... Will be needing molex to pcie for this? Or should i just go with the cx 500m because they have same amount of plugs and are cheaper?
That site is wrong, they have 4 each.
No, its a much cheaper quality PSU. See my sig for a more detailed analysis of the two PSUs.

Mkay at your power supply analysis. What "two psu" were you referring to? The cx 750m? Yeah okay, they're $75 at microcenter.
http://www.microcenter.com/product/406089/CX_Series_CX750M_750_Watt_ATX_Modular_Power_Supply
And these can run 3 antminers OC'ed? But according to microcenter, these only have 2 6 pins, and antminers require 2 6 pins.... Will be needing molex to pcie for this? Or should i just go with the cx 500m because they have same amount of plugs and are cheaper?
legendary
dogiecoin.com
legendary
dogiecoin.com
What would be the cheapest way to go about it? What you suggested?
Yes. One huge PSU is much more expensive than 2 medium ones.
What would be the cheapest way to go about it? What you suggested?
legendary
dogiecoin.com
500w seems a lot for antminer, let alone at stock clock.  So you are saying I need 1500w of power to run 3? Hence the two 750w?

Strictly its about 420W at stock, but 500 isn't unreasonable if you OC and add additional cooling. So yes, 2x750W. It allows you to keep each PCI-E connector on its own separate cable strand which is required not to burn your house down.
500w seems a lot for antminer, let alone at stock clock.  So you are saying I need 1500w of power to run 3? Hence the two 750w?
legendary
dogiecoin.com
Okay, if possible id like to stick to one psu, cables piss me off  Roll Eyes
also, don't see the need for 2 750w psus, as each consume around ~360w according to the forums. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks Smiley
500 each, 3x500 > 1000
Okay, if possible id like to stick to one psu, cables piss me off  Roll Eyes
also, don't see the need for 2 750w psus, as each consume around ~360w according to the forums. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks Smiley
legendary
dogiecoin.com
Could this psu power 3 antminer s1s stock? If yes to first question, could it handle overclocked?
problem is, it has four rails, two 20 amps, and 2 30 amps. So how would I go by setting it up? Thanks dogi
e in advanced xD
http://www.highpowersupply.com/hp1000g14c.html
No and no also to two antminers. Get two of these http://goo.gl/cK471q then its yes yes
Could this psu power 3 antminer s1s stock? If yes to first question, could it handle overclocked?
problem is, it has four rails, two 20 amps, and 2 30 amps. So how would I go by setting it up? Thanks dogi
e in advanced xD
http://www.highpowersupply.com/hp1000g14c.html
Activity: 672
Merit: 250
Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies
Thanks dogie!  Mining within ten minutes of opening the box! Cheesy

Now to go find the post with the overclocking instructions.  Should have book marked it.
legendary
dogiecoin.com
Got my ants up and running. Great guide as always Dogie!

Cheers
Thanks Smiley Trying to get ahold of an S2 now.
Pages:
Jump to: