Pages:
Author

Topic: [Guide] Dogie's Comprehensive Bitmain AntMiner S2 Setup [HD] - page 7. (Read 63113 times)

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com
Just got an S2 today.  For some reason I can't get the miner to keep my pool settings after shutdown.
I update the pools and change the IP address no problem.  It runs on my pools and I can access it on the new IP address. But then if I do a reset or just shut it down and restart it all the changes are gone.  It's back to the factory settings.
I can't find anything in the manual that I'm doing wrong or not doing.  Any suggestions?
Replace the SD card and it will fix it. Just need a $5 4GB one from amazon
legendary
Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004
Just got an S2 today.  For some reason I can't get the miner to keep my pool settings after shutdown.
I update the pools and change the IP address no problem.  It runs on my pools and I can access it on the new IP address. But then if I do a reset or just shut it down and restart it all the changes are gone.  It's back to the factory settings.
I can't find anything in the manual that I'm doing wrong or not doing.  Any suggestions?
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 3848
Bitmain has release a new firmware which has fixed the bug with saving no data to the sd card.

https://bitmaintech.com/support.htm?pid=00720140413044945482bs4xshkh072D

Has anyone tried updating this firmware? I just want to be sure it's working. I haven't heard anyone say anything about it fixing the problem.

Does your S2 reboot after flashing new firmware?

Hmm I am trying to do this, and when I plug the SD card into the reader and go to my computer and click on it, it says that it needs to format the disk before you can use it.  So I hit ok, then it lists some options and I just use the default and hit format and it tells me that Windows is unable to complete the format, any suggestions?

Can you post the Bitmain US warranty center info, please.
Activity: 127
Merit: 100
I posted earlier and said my miner seemed to be slowing down but everything looked normal, well it did until I changed pools on it then the number 1 chain seemed to have errors mostly a line of dashes with 3 or four 0's on the end. This morning when I looked there are now a couple of x's in there too.

Any ideas? The card with the errors is running cooler so I guess that's the one that isn't working.

Try reseating it, and or swapping a card in that slot.

I did that and all is well again thanks for your help guys.
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
Bitmain has release a new firmware which has fixed the bug with saving no data to the sd card.

Has anyone tried updating this firmware? I just want to be sure it's working. I haven't heard anyone say anything about it fixing the problem.

I have updated all my 15 S2 with that Firmware but it seems that it does not help fixing the problem at all machines! )=
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011
Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive

Hmm I am trying to do this, and when I plug the SD card into the reader and go to my computer and click on it, it says that it needs to format the disk before you can use it.  So I hit ok, then it lists some options and I just use the default and hit format and it tells me that Windows is unable to complete the format, any suggestions?
Activity: 60
Merit: 0

Activity: 60
Merit: 0
Can someone point me to a guide on how to install this on a fresh SD card?

Just followed these steps myself recently: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7306025
legendary
Can someone point me to a guide on how to install this on a fresh SD card?
Activity: 918
Merit: 1002

This dropped today, you've got a sharp eye!  Thanks for pointing this out!
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

I posted earlier and said my miner seemed to be slowing down but everything looked normal, well it did until I changed pools on it then the number 1 chain seemed to have errors mostly a line of dashes with 3 or four 0's on the end. This morning when I looked there are now a couple of x's in there too.

Any ideas? The card with the errors is running cooler so I guess that's the one that isn't working.

My S2 does this frequently, and I've found that I have to shut the unit down (via SSH), kill the power, allow the PSU to reset, fire it back up, let it run for 10 minutes then restart cgminer (via the miner configuration page, just re-applying settings) to get it to run "smoothly" after I lose a line of ASICs.  I still secretly blame the PSU for this, but I don't have an EE degree to back that up with!

Overall this device is not as trouble free as it's little brother, and I hope BITMAIN plans on a more stable upgrade path with their new chips.

I've tried swapping cards, and can't identify an issue with a specific card, to clarify.

My S2 does this frequently, and I've found that I have to shut the unit down (via SSH), kill the power, allow the PSU to reset, fire it back up, let it run for 10 minutes then restart cgminer (via the miner configuration page, just re-applying settings) to get it to run "smoothly" after I lose a line of ASICs.  I still secretly blame the PSU for this, but I don't have an EE degree to back that up with!

Overall this device is not as trouble free as it's little brother, and I hope BITMAIN plans on a more stable upgrade path with their new chips.
legendary
dogiecoin.com

Try reseating it, and or swapping a card in that slot.

legendary
dogiecoin.com
Hey guys, I am having some trouble with a miner I just received, just sent an email to Bitmain, but any support would be appreciated.  Here is the problem...

I received my S2 unit today.  I opened it and immediately plugged it in and ran into a few problems that I am unsure of the cause of.  When turned on, the LCD lights up, but nothing shows up on it.  When I go to IP 192.168.1.99, it shows the main screen, but does not asks for login information, and whenever I try to click on any of the other tabs, it tells me that the webpage is unavailable.

After turning it on and off a few times, I opened up the case and removed all but one of the hash boards and made sure that everything was plugged in correctly, including the SD card.  Still received the same problem.  Then I switched the board that was in slot 1 with another hash board, and then tried to turn it on again.  I was able to login and set my pool information, but when I looked at the miner status page, it showed that all the work was discarded and nothing was showing up on my pool.  I rebooted it a few times, and every time it was rebooted, the pool information was reset to factory settings.  I also noticed that the hardware version was not displaying anything like it had for my other units.  After another reboot, I was back to not being able to login, and instead getting the main page, and not being able to click anywhere.  I tried most of the different hashboards in slot 1 and every single one was giving me the same problem.

If anyone has any ideas please let me know, thanks for the ideas...

DebitMe

Reimage the SD card, if that still doesn't work replace the SD card entirely.
legendary
Hey guys, I am having some trouble with a miner I just received, just sent an email to Bitmain, but any support would be appreciated.  Here is the problem...

I received my S2 unit today.  I opened it and immediately plugged it in and ran into a few problems that I am unsure of the cause of.  When turned on, the LCD lights up, but nothing shows up on it.  When I go to IP 192.168.1.99, it shows the main screen, but does not asks for login information, and whenever I try to click on any of the other tabs, it tells me that the webpage is unavailable.

After turning it on and off a few times, I opened up the case and removed all but one of the hash boards and made sure that everything was plugged in correctly, including the SD card.  Still received the same problem.  Then I switched the board that was in slot 1 with another hash board, and then tried to turn it on again.  I was able to login and set my pool information, but when I looked at the miner status page, it showed that all the work was discarded and nothing was showing up on my pool.  I rebooted it a few times, and every time it was rebooted, the pool information was reset to factory settings.  I also noticed that the hardware version was not displaying anything like it had for my other units.  After another reboot, I was back to not being able to login, and instead getting the main page, and not being able to click anywhere.  I tried most of the different hashboards in slot 1 and every single one was giving me the same problem.

If anyone has any ideas please let me know, thanks for the ideas...

DebitMe
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 3848
The strange thing is everything appears normal, its just not making me as rich as fast as it was! Smiley

All the boards seem fine.

Some people said that they have it working better on eligius.
I, personally, had above 99% luck with S2 on eligius.
The strange thing is everything appears normal, its just not making me as rich as fast as it was! Smiley

All the boards seem fine.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
I have had a S2 for a couple of weeks now and one of the boards is doing the same, and as said it hasn't caused any problems. Wouldn't sweat it.
Pages:
Jump to: