Pages:
Author

Topic: [Guide] Dogie's Comprehensive Bitmain AntMiner S2 Setup [HD] - page 2. (Read 63113 times)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500
WANTED: Active dev to fix & re-write p2pool in C
I want to format  my sd card.Where can i find clean and  reliable format ?

Forget about Bitmain helping you out with this - they won't. I've uploaded my S2 image file for you here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/py9jus9mk3tk21e/bitmain.img.zip?dl=0

Use win32diskimager to format your SD card & burn the image.

Realize that doing this will still leave you open to the "stratum redirect attack" you have been experiencing, but it won't do you any harm to try. The image is the exact same one as I am currently using in my S2's - so it's clean & working 100%. I suggest you hound Bitmain constantly until they do as they promised & release an updated S2 image file with the latest cgminer in it that will fix the security issue.

Good luck  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com

I'll ask bitmain to put one up and host rather than us passing round dropbox links.
Activity: 275
Merit: 100
legendary
dogiecoin.com
Well, one thing is clear - better not to buy HW from Bitmain (and mining HA at all, btw), because firmware on that HW will be buggy (as in S4), semi-tuned and will contain not up-to-date software. And they doesn't care about it - equipment is sold already, so no need to do something. Is it called "customer support"?.. Nope.

Then why are you in the hardware subform?
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076
BTCLife.global participant
Well, one thing is clear - better not to buy HW from Bitmain (and mining HW at all, btw), because firmware on that HW will be buggy (as in S4), semi-tuned and will contain not up-to-date software. And they doesn't care about it - equipment is sold already, so no need to do something. Is it called "customer support"?.. Nope.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Watch out for the "Neg-Rep-Dogie-Police".....
What hate? You think that that correcting your mistakes/wrong answers is hate?.....

That's odd. Most people would appreciate it. Especially in a thread that is supposed to inform people. If I see a statement/answer that is wrong in yours or anyone else's thread, I will make an effort to inform them of it, so that others can benefit from the correct info - and I will continue to do so weather you "hate" it or not.
legendary
dogiecoin.com
Nothing.

By that I mean stop posting bitmain repeats & wrong answers/solutions. Better off not posting anything.......nothing.

Then stop spamming my threads with your repeated hate when you yourself have said there is nothing I can do.
Nothing.

By that I mean stop posting bitmain repeats & wrong answers/solutions. Better off not posting anything.......nothing.
legendary
dogiecoin.com
Dogie, with respect - I don't want to hear the same thing from you as bitmain have been telling me & everyone else here for nearly 8 weeks. I have been in contact with bitmain over this issue here & via email this entire time, warning them about this exact thing happening, but to no avail.

I know you get paid to provide answers, but please don't just repeat what bitmain keep saying - it's patronizing & annoying.

Also, if you are going to post answers for & on behalf of bitmain, please at least try and make sure that your answers are correct & based on information from bitmain themselves. Some of your comments are quite simply wrong, leading to misinformation & confusion to other less experienced miners.

Peace  Smiley

You can say 'with respect' all you want but it doesn't add respect to the post if there wasn't any. You're flaming me for asking Bitmain when the firmware is coming and relaying the message - what do you want me to do?
Dogie, with respect - I don't want to hear the same thing from you as bitmain have been telling me & everyone else here for nearly 8 weeks. I have been in contact with bitmain over this issue here & via email this entire time, warning them about this exact thing happening, but to no avail.

I know you get paid to provide answers, but please don't just repeat what bitmain keep saying - it's patronizing & annoying.

Also, if you are going to post answers for & on behalf of bitmain, please at least try and make sure that your answers are correct & based on information from bitmain themselves. Some of your comments are quite simply wrong, leading to misinformation & confusion to other less experienced miners.

Peace  Smiley

EDIT: Example:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9129424
legendary
dogiecoin.com
I'm not sure, but this could be a stratum redirect attack - it's due to Bitmain using an older security vulnerable cgminer version. Bitmain promised to update cgminer over 7 weeks ago, but have yet to do so. You should email this screen to them asking for an explanation  Wink

That's still being worked on, actively, being worked on.
yes, miner Status changing

I'm not sure, but this could be a stratum redirect attack - it's due to Bitmain using an older security vulnerable cgminer version. Bitmain promised to update cgminer over 7 weeks ago, but have yet to do so. You should email this screen to them asking for an explanation  Wink
I'm also getting ssh attacks. pool are changing information
How do I change the ssh port

I'm sorry I don't know, ckolivas might though.

I have antminer s2.I run this antminer at a datacenter.Although i have changed my web and shh datas,somebody is changing my pool datas.What can i do ??

What do you mean by pools data? Do you mean someone is changing the miner details in the miner configuration page?
yes, miner Status changing
Activity: 518
Merit: 501

I have antminer s2.I run this antminer at a datacenter.Although i have changed my web and shh datas,somebody is changing my pool datas.What can i do ??

Get a better firewall if people are getting in to your machines.
legendary
dogiecoin.com

What do you mean by pools data? Do you mean someone is changing the miner details in the miner configuration page?

legendary
dogiecoin.com

Activity: 359
Merit: 250
Dogie,

Have you done any overclocking or volt modifications to an s2 yet? I was thinking of looking into an s1 board and comparing it to that of the s2 to see what can be modified to push our systems to the max. Any thoughts?

Found this here:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8858193

Wink
Activity: 518
Merit: 501
Dogie,

Have you done any overclocking or volt modifications to an s2 yet? I was thinking of looking into an s1 board and comparing it to that of the s2 to see what can be modified to push our systems to the max. Any thoughts?
Pages:
Jump to: