Pages:
Author

Topic: [Guide] Dogie's Comprehensive Bitmain AntMiner S2 Setup [HD] - page 4. (Read 63113 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
I purchased one of these second hand and have already configured 2 x s1's.

It arrived and it powers on but the LED doesnt light up which is why I think I cant get the miner configured. I see no where on the back panel where  anything can be plugged into the LED. Should something be plugged into it? cause if so there no where on the green board (backside of the led where something could even plug in) I am just not sure what I can do if the LED is not functional

any help would be appreciated
Activity: 518
Merit: 501
1% is still nothing. Literally, nothing.

Yeah I figured it wasn't something I should worrie too much about but it still was concerning since I was used to it being ~.02%

I might step it up a little higher and see how far I can push it. Hopefully I don't burn out the chips  Undecided
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com
What FW version do you use? Is this problem exist with latest Bitmain FW? Have you tried it?

How to manilulate the firmware for example?
Hmm... System->Upgrade->Flash new firmware image
Of course i did... (=

Still the same problem!

You using your own SD card or the original?
I have tried both, same problem.

Is there any way to modifiy the firmware directly and set network to dhcp and my pool data?

Yes, people are running custom compiled firmware but its not something I can do, sorry.
legendary
dogiecoin.com
Pushing my S2 to 221MHZ has my hardware error rate through the roof! 1.02% compared to running at a lower Mhz rate.

Rejected shares a extremely low. Accepted shares are higher than before the increase.

Any suggestions?

1% is still nothing. Literally, nothing.
Activity: 518
Merit: 501
Pushing my S2 to 221MHZ has my hardware error rate through the roof! 1.02% compared to running at a lower Mhz rate.

Rejected shares a extremely low. Accepted shares are higher than before the increase.

Any suggestions?
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
What FW version do you use? Is this problem exist with latest Bitmain FW? Have you tried it?

Of course i did... (=

Still the same problem!

I have tried both, same problem.

Is there any way to modifiy the firmware directly and set network to dhcp and my pool data?
legendary
dogiecoin.com

Of course i did... (=

Still the same problem!

legendary

Of course i did... (=

Still the same problem!
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076
BTCLife.global participant

legendary
I have still the problem with loosing settings after reboot!

Any help for me? How to manilulate the firmware for example?
legendary
dogiecoin.com
Because accepted is at difficulty 1024 and rej + disc are at difficulty 1. Adjusted you get:

A 141,489,152
R 546
D 3,527,868
=~2.5%
What about HW errors? At which difficulty should we consider it?

legendary
Because accepted is at difficulty 1024 and rej + disc are at difficulty 1. Adjusted you get:

A 141,489,152
R 546
D 3,527,868
=~2.5%
What about HW errors? At which difficulty should we consider it?
legendary
dogiecoin.com
On latest initramfs.bin.SD-Kano-20140611145346.tar from https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer-binaries/tree/master/AntS2.

Ok. AFAIK it was left as a firmware bug. If you're running on a branch I have no idea if its due to it not being fixed in the branch, or that the main was never fixed.
legendary
On latest initramfs.bin.SD-Kano-20140611145346.tar from https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer-binaries/tree/master/AntS2.
legendary
dogiecoin.com
That error message suggests you're tying in your current password wrong.
Well, I suggest that my current password in miner's web interface is nothing but root. Anyway, I have tried both passwords - root and admin, just to be on the safe side...

What firmware are you on?
legendary
Well, I suggest that my current password in miner's web interface is nothing but root. Anyway, I have tried both passwords - root and admin, just to be on the safe side...
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
I've seen some estemints that the S1 would be reach its usefulness in November, "meaning it would cost more in power then it could make in a day" … Has anyone seen any estaminets on the S2 ? I know that it somewhat depends on what you pay per kilowatt , but thought there might be a ball park figure… The S2 is under volted in contrast to the S1 so per GHs it draws less power..

I am trying to figure out if and when Bitmain comes out with an upgrade kit to the new less power hungry chip would it be a good idea to make the change. I don't see the point in jumping right on the upgrade train if the S2 in its current state is making money and how far past ROI it is ..

One S2   1TH/s  mine today 0.025BTC
1Kw/h x 24 = 24KW/h  one day
the price of electricity  for S2 one day in my  sountry  is 2,64 EUR

0.025BTC  x 400EUR = 10EUR    Profit 7.34 eur  I currently have a 20 TH/s  20x7,34=
146 EURO profit  in one day   when I would sell BTC , but I do not sell BTC

I hope that the next level of difficulty give me a the same total profit, regardless one S2 miner will then have less of BTC.
Yesterday I bought a 5 AntminerS3  and DHL will bring me one Set of btcgarden-AM-V1 next week. Together  2.8 TH/s   costs 4.25BTC . So I invested BTC in miner.

legendary
dogiecoin.com

- How do I change the login password?
- Navigate to System -> Administration. Enter the current password and enter your new one twice.
Doesn't work on my S2. It returns a message in red letters "Invalid password" and doesn't change it. Whatever I try, even "123"-"123" as my new password.

legendary

- How do I change the login password?
- Navigate to System -> Administration. Enter the current password and enter your new one twice.
Doesn't work on my S2. It returns a message in red letters "Invalid password" and doesn't change it. Whatever I try, even "123"-"123" as my new password.
legendary
dogiecoin.com
I've seen some estemints that the S1 would be reach its usefulness in November, "meaning it would cost more in power then it could make in a day" … Has anyone seen any estaminets on the S2 ? I know that it somewhat depends on what you pay per kilowatt , but thought there might be a ball park figure… The S2 is under volted in contrast to the S1 so per GHs it draws less power..

I am trying to figure out if and when Bitmain comes out with an upgrade kit to the new less power hungry chip would it be a good idea to make the change. I don't see the point in jumping right on the upgrade train if the S2 in its current state is making money and how far past ROI it is ..

http://detail.1688.com/offer/39511881660.html?tracelog=gsda_offer
Pages:
Jump to: