Pages:
Author

Topic: [Guide] Dogie's Comprehensive Bitmain AntMiner S2 Setup [HD] - page 3. (Read 63113 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 501
I've tried two different image files from what I've found on the forum but none of them worked.

Anyone willing to take out their sd card and make a image of it then upload for others?

Thank in advance!

The images are good, so you may be doing something wrong. What are you doing? Should be downloading and burning with an image writer.

Downloading. Uncompressing. Burning to micro with image file software.

Antminer will boot software and connect to network but doesn't hash.

Do you get modules, can you get the network diagnostics to pass?

I'm not sure what modules are actually. Here is the data from my monitor tab.

EDIT: Everyone, I'm truly sorry I didn't notice that the Miner was plugged in to a different router (someone else did it I swear) and the gateway was 192.168.1.254. Thank you all for your help and I feel super dumb Sad
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Watch out for the "Neg-Rep-Dogie-Police".....
This is an image I'm using in my S2's right now, so I know it's good:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/py9jus9mk3tk21e/bitmain.img.zip?dl=0

Hope it helps you, let me know  Wink

Use win32diskimager to put it on the SD. Use a quality class 10 SD.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com
I've tried two different image files from what I've found on the forum but none of them worked.

Anyone willing to take out their sd card and make a image of it then upload for others?

Thank in advance!

The images are good, so you may be doing something wrong. What are you doing? Should be downloading and burning with an image writer.

Do you get modules, can you get the network diagnostics to pass?

Thank in advance!

legendary
dogiecoin.com

Thank in advance!

Thank in advance!
I'm now getting the same issue as the above user. Anyone notice that the hardware is x.x.x.x and no cgminer?

Any fixes?

The fix for most has been to reimage the SD card, and if that doesn't fix it, to replace the SD card.

I used an entirely different SD Card and used the image from the post. Still didn't fix the issue Sad

Hmm... Its been a while since I looked at the firmware versions. I think there might have been a custom one someone compiled that had some fixes in it - this might have been one of them.

What's weird is it was working fine until I unplugged it to move it to another room Sad

I'm kind of at a lost.
legendary
dogiecoin.com
I'm now getting the same issue as the above user. Anyone notice that the hardware is x.x.x.x and no cgminer?

Any fixes?

The fix for most has been to reimage the SD card, and if that doesn't fix it, to replace the SD card.

I used an entirely different SD Card and used the image from the post. Still didn't fix the issue Sad

Hmm... Its been a while since I looked at the firmware versions. I think there might have been a custom one someone compiled that had some fixes in it - this might have been one of them.

Any fixes?

legendary
dogiecoin.com

Any fixes?

Any fixes?

Activity: 275
Merit: 100
no cgminer

Antminer S2 Miner Configuration Problem
(I'm sorry my bad english speak ....)

What version of the firmware?
legendary
dogiecoin.com
Reimage your SD card. Same instructions but for windows use an SD card imager https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/antminer-s2-discussion-and-support-thread-515448
Antminer S2 Miner Configuration Problem
(I'm sorry my bad english speak ....)

My antminer runs fine for about 15 minutes then it starts beeping and stops hashing. The status page shows that some blades are at 255 degrees:
It should be well ventilated so I'm not sure what is wrong with the temperature reading. I also unchecked the "Stop running when temprerature is over 80℃" box. 2 of the blue 16v capacitors fell off from the main board during shipping and 1 of the red 2.5v capacitor fell off from one of the blades. Any thoughts on how to keep it running continuously?

Pull the bad blades and contact Bitmain for a RMA. With the bad blades removed these units will continue to hash on but at a reduced hashing speed.
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
My antminer runs fine for about 15 minutes then it starts beeping and stops hashing. The status page shows that some blades are at 255 degrees: http://i.imgur.com/5kDEkuY.png
It should be well ventilated so I'm not sure what is wrong with the temperature reading. I also unchecked the "Stop running when temprerature is over 80℃" box. 2 of the blue 16v capacitors fell off from the main board during shipping and 1 of the red 2.5v capacitor fell off from one of the blades. Any thoughts on how to keep it running continuously?
legendary
dogiecoin.com
Updated and reprocessed pictures.
legendary
dogiecoin.com
I purchased one of these second hand and have already configured 2 x s1's.

It arrived and it powers on but the LED doesnt light up which is why I think I cant get the miner configured. I see no where on the back panel where  anything can be plugged into the LED. Should something be plugged into it? cause if so there no where on the green board (backside of the led where something could even plug in) I am just not sure what I can do if the LED is not functional

any help would be appreciated

You mean the LCD? It plugs into the controller board which is the middle card. If the controller board isn't booting, then no you won't be able to configure. You may need to reformat the SD card and reimage the OS.
Pages:
Jump to: