Pages:
Author

Topic: [Guide] Dogie's Comprehensive RockMiner R-Box Setup [HD] - page 12. (Read 59436 times)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0
Anyone manage to get these over 32GH/s?

I'm running at clock=290 and still only seeing 32.

Mine is:
 RKM 0: 37.0C | 26.72/26.53/26.30Gh/s | A: 5 R:0+0(none) HW:0/none
 RKM 1: 37.0C | 26.69/26.53/25.78Gh/s | A: 8 R:0+0(none) HW:0/none

at clock=290
Not a solution to my problem, but someone on a thread I had cross posted this to recommended CGWatcher as a workaround. Basically, it will detect when the "Sick" flag pops up and restart the miner automatically.

When I restart miner, no device gets detected :-(
I have to manually go in and add devices multiple time. It won't detect all devices at the same time.
Activity: 19
Anyone manage to get these over 32GH/s?

I'm running at clock=290 and still only seeing 32.
Activity: 177
Merit: 10
Not a solution to my problem, but someone on a thread I had cross posted this to recommended CGWatcher as a workaround. Basically, it will detect when the "Sick" flag pops up and restart the miner automatically.
Having some trouble with 2 of 3 r-box's.

1 started acting up yesterday, the hash rate started dropping and after various restarts to cgminer and the computer, the pc eventually stopped detecting it.  The fan and red lights come on with the power cable, but nothing after plugging in the usb cable. 

It also appears that a chip to the right of the usb port is getting really hot, the pictures show this as the SILABS chip.

Tonight the 2nd one is doing the same thing.

Anyone have any thoughts or ideas on this?

Finally got my miners set up! Woo Hoo!

However, I have some support questions:

1) I am getting hardware errors on both units: one is running at between 1-2%, the other between 0.2-.05%. Is this acceptable or does it imply I have a faulty unit?

2) What is a safe temperature to run these at? My hottest one is running at 45C being clocked at 270. I'm working on getting a fan for the backsides, which seems to help.

3) Anyone know how to set temperature safety in BFGMiner? I understand you can set it to turn off if a certain temperature is reached as a safety mechanism, but I can't figure out how to set that up from reading the readme file.

Thanks.

I'm getting another new error!

One miner is being flagged as "Idle for more than 60 seconds, declaring SICK!" and a big red "sick" flag pops up. IF this continues, the flag turns to "dead."

Obviously, this is not a comforting thing.

Does anyone know what this error means/what causes it/whether to worry/and how to fix it?

I'm getting these errors too. I'm using BFGMiner 4.2 on raspberry pi. Also my setup can't detect more than two r-box and sometimes three.

Do I need to flash SiLabs firmware?
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com
Dear Sir, Thank you for all the online info.

Have you tried using the RockMiner R-BOX 3 with an android device. I would like to make a completely stand alone system of it -NOT to use any Windows pc.

Thanks for your advice,

Loopin
You can use them with a Pi, but its almost as cost effective to get a £100 laptop.
Activity: 1
Dear Sir, Thank you for all the online info.

Have you tried using the RockMiner R-BOX 3 with an android device. I would like to make a completely stand alone system of it -NOT to use any Windows pc.

Thanks for your advice,

Loopin
legendary
dogiecoin.com
Updated now
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
What is everyone using for a power supply?

I use these cables. They go into my plat ATX psu.

they are built by a member on this site.   Cablez

USA based seller

3 R-boxes  per pcie connector

Dogie not sure if I can give a link to his thread.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/wts-atx-psu-to-25-or-2155mm-12v-coaxial-plug-power-cables-new-product-74397

I will delete the link if you want me to.

Those look great, and I may grab one or two. However, I am mainly looking for external power. I am going to buy one of the power brick PSUs, but as I mentioned above, there are conflicting reports on whether to get the 5a or 6a one.

the 5amp works if it is well made.
the 6amp should be better as it has more over head.

5 x 12 = 60 watts

6 x 12 = 72 watts

this unit pull 40 to 50 watts.

50/60 = 83%  just over the 80% rule for running gear 24.7.365

50/72 = 69%  well under the 80% rule for running gear 24.7.365

USA based seller

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/wts-atx-psu-to-25-or-2155mm-12v-coaxial-plug-power-cables-new-product-74397

http://imagize[Suspicious link removed]ageshack.us/v2/1280x1024q90/840/vnpd.jpg

Those look great, and I may grab one or two. However, I am mainly looking for external power. I am going to buy one of the power brick PSUs, but as I mentioned above, there are conflicting reports on whether to get the 5a or 6a one.

legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'

USA based seller

Check out the links on the first post of this thread - Doge has links to the Amazon pages of what you need.

I did, but I'm just a bit confused because I keep reading that the unit needs a 12v 5a PSU, yet the one he links in the OP is a 12v 6a.

I wasn't sure which to get...
I'm getting another new error!

One miner is being flagged as "Idle for more than 60 seconds, declaring SICK!" and a big red "sick" flag pops up. IF this continues, the flag turns to "dead."

Obviously, this is not a comforting thing.

Does anyone know what this error means/what causes it/whether to worry/and how to fix it?
legendary
dogiecoin.com

1) I am getting hardware errors on both units: one is running at between 1-2%, the other between 0.2-.05%. Is this acceptable or does it imply I have a faulty unit?

2) What is a safe temperature to run these at? My hottest one is running at 45C being clocked at 270. I'm working on getting a fan for the backsides, which seems to help.

3) Anyone know how to set temperature safety in BFGMiner? I understand you can set it to turn off if a certain temperature is reached as a safety mechanism, but I can't figure out how to set that up from reading the readme file.

Thanks.

1) 2% is fine

2) Not sure on these chips, but you will be able to run way, way, way, higher.

Thanks.
legendary
dogiecoin.com

I'd recommend the 12V mains adapters as in the OP, its scary how cheap they are. Can get to be quite a lot of cables if you want 20 R-Boxes, but for the average miners they're great.

Check out the links on the first post of this thread - Doge has links to the Amazon pages of what you need.

Totally stumped with my R-Box's

It shows up in Windows Devices after I run the zadig app in the cgminer folder, but cgminer can't find the device.

Tried multiple cables, power bricks, reboots, driver installs and R-box units (I bought five...just trying to get ONE to function)

my cg.cmd looks like this:

cgminer.exe --icarus-options 115200:1:1 --anu-freq 270 -o stratum.mining.eligius.st:3334 -u (my payment address) -p123

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Another new owner, likewise stumped.

Running on Windows 7, I have downloaded the latest version of BFGMiner, but it won't recognize the units at all. I would rather use BFGMiner, as I am already familiar with it, but getting it working with these is eluding me.

I ran the zadig app and tried downloading the cgminer according to the guide (running version 0.3.1 as per the instructions above. I can't figure out how to download the new version released today...) This is my first time running CGminer, and it likewise can't detect the devices.

Any help would be appreciated.

BGFminer lines:
 bfgminer.exe -S rockminer:all -o stratum+tcp://stratum.mining.eligius.st:3334 -u me -p 123 --set-device rockminer:clock=270

CGMiner lines:
cgminer.exe --icarus-options 115200:1:1 --rmu-freq 270 -o stratum.mining.eligius.st:3334 -u me -p 123

EDIT:
Turns out that the drivers were incorrect. For those who are having the same problem, updated drivers can be found at:

http://www.silabs.com/products/mcu/pages/usbtouartbridgevcpdrivers.aspx

I followed the instructions initially on how to set this up with CGminer, which included using the Zadig for the correct drivers. However, that is not the correct driver that is needed for these with BFGMiner. It looks like I initially installed the wrong driver, when I had the correct one all along.

Lessons for a newbie...
legendary
dogiecoin.com
time for an update!

Stop reminding me how much work I have to do, bird.
Pages:
Jump to: