Pages:
Author

Topic: [Guide] Dogie's Comprehensive RockMiner R-Box Setup [HD] - page 13. (Read 59436 times)

donator
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060
between a rock and a block!
Bfgminer release now supports rbox:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7245884

I'll update when cg and bfg have finished their release versions, make it nice and fair.
time for an update!
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
cgminer 4.4.0 (just released)
As usual, no options required when running *official* cgminer for R-Box.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7336366

Of course if you are running on windows you need to set the WinUSB driver.
Instructions for doing that with zadig are in the cgminer README ... as they have been for over a year Smiley

Great news! I'm testing on my beaglebone now. You had mentioned icarus drivers were not originally designed for devices over 500mh/s. Has this been compensated for or do you plan on moving it in the future?
The Icarus design is based on the idea that delays are small when compared to large nonce times.
Small nonce times mean the delays become more than meaningless.

However, the R-Box doesn't have a queue.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/optimal-firmwarehardware-design-for-mining-with-cgminer-294499
(I updated that the other day ... and highlighted that in RED)

Also, being a 2W to 1GH/s device, puts it in my "don't care" arena.
My >2W devices: I either have them all turned permanently off now, or with my 2 avalon devices that are above 2W I (seriously) use them as heaters and leave them off during the peak electricity cost time, and turn them on during off peak - since it's winter here, that works well heating during the night Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1973
Merit: 1007

Instructions for doing that with zadig are in the cgminer README ... as they have been for over a year Smiley

Great news! I'm testing on my beaglebone now. You had mentioned icarus drivers were not originally designed for devices over 500mh/s. Has this been compensated for or do you plan on moving it in the future?
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com
Nicely formatted version available at www.dogiecoin.com!
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
Having some trouble with 2 of 3 r-box's.

1 started acting up yesterday, the hash rate started dropping and after various restarts to cgminer and the computer, the pc eventually stopped detecting it.  The fan and red lights come on with the power cable, but nothing after plugging in the usb cable. 

It also appears that a chip to the right of the usb port is getting really hot, the pictures show this as the SILABS chip.

Tonight the 2nd one is doing the same thing.

Anyone have any thoughts or ideas on this?
Activity: 938
Merit: 502
Anyone tried setting the r-box up with lukejr's bfgminer 4.2?  It refuses to recognize the device regardless of which drivers I try but runs just fine on my Lenovo with the Zadig drivers.

I know the unit uses the same scheme/requires the same drivers as the AM block eruptor - did anyone ever figure those out for running via bfgminer on OSX?
Activity: 3
Totally stumped with my R-Box's

It shows up in Windows Devices after I run the zadig app in the cgminer folder, but cgminer can't find the device.

Tried multiple cables, power bricks, reboots, driver installs and R-box units (I bought five...just trying to get ONE to function)

my cg.cmd looks like this:

cgminer.exe --icarus-options 115200:1:1 --anu-freq 270 -o stratum.mining.eligius.st:3334 -u (my payment address) -p123

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Are you using the specific version of cgminer as in the OP?

Yes, I downloaded it from the link in the guide, then copied the files from the 'cgminer-4.3.3-update-v2.0' folder into the cgminer folder.  (should I have not done this?  I've tried both ways, and neither worked)

Its academic at this point...I took them home and tried a different computer and it took 10 minutes to get all 5 units up and running.  I was hoping to run them at work, because the electric bill at my shop is a business expense.  Roll Eyes

I will admit that the computer at work has many USB devices plugged into it already, and the drivers have been installed, reinstalled and uninstalled so many times its amazing it still functions.
legendary
Activity: 1364
Merit: 1000
Ok thank you !
legendary
dogiecoin.com
If i go less 12V/2A ? It won't hash at it max rate right ?

You need 12V, min 3A.
legendary
If i go less 12V/2A ? It won't hash at it max rate right ?
legendary
Damn so I absolutly need 12V/5A ?
legendary
dogiecoin.com
Can somebody tell me if I can use a power adapter 20v/6A with my R-Box
or a 19V/3.42A without damaging it ?

THX !!!

No. No. No.
legendary
Can somebody tell me if I can use a power adapter 20v/6A with my R-Box
or a 19V/3.42A without damaging it ?

THX !!!
Lon
Activity: 5

It shows up in Windows Devices after I run the zadig app in the cgminer folder, but cgminer can't find the device.

Tried multiple cables, power bricks, reboots, driver installs and R-box units (I bought five...just trying to get ONE to function)

cgminer.exe --icarus-options 115200:1:1 --anu-freq 270 -o stratum.mining.eligius.st:3334 -u (my payment address) -p123

I'm new at this but I did get mine to work.  Here are a few ideas to try.

First, Where did you get your cgminer software?  It has to be one compiled for rockminers.  I downloaded mine from eyeboot.com (very good people there).

Second, I have also switched to eligius (payout is just as good/better as ghash) and I use      -o stratum+tcp://stratum.mining.eligius.st:3334

Third, I pulled power from my units and plugged them back in after cgminer was running.

-=Lon=-
legendary
dogiecoin.com

Are you using the specific version of cgminer as in the OP?
Activity: 3

Lon
Activity: 5
Question:

Is the setup the same for one or two Rockminers?

I can get 1 unit to work fine, however I cannot get 2 units to works together.  I've tried Powered Hubs and Direct on PC (Win 8.1 and XP).  Both have 12V 5A power, new usb cables.   I have to think it is in my config.  I'm using 'rbox_cgminer.rar' V4.3.3 downloaded from www.eyeboot.com.

{  cgminer.exe --icarus-options 115200:1:1 --anu-freq 290 -o stratum+tcp://us1.ghash.io:3333 -u name.work1 -p 12345 }

Any suggestions would be appreciated.  I prefer bfgminer, however I cannot even get that to see my units.

-=Lon=-

If you are using cgminer, make sure both devices have the winusb driver installed.(You can double check in Zadig) If using bfgminer, make sure you completely uninstall winusb drivers for those devices in device manager. Then install the silicon labs drivers

I installed it on one of my units and it saw it on all 3 - surely its a system specific driver rather than a unit specific driver?

I should clarify, you'll only have to install the driver once if you have no other drivers associated with the device. Windows will automatically install the first device driver associated with a device when plugged in. For instance, if you installed silicon labs drivers for a cp210x device in the past, then install winusb with zadig for a single device, you are going to have to do the same with each new device you plug in, since the silabs driver is the default. The best bet is to completely uninstall silabs or Winusb drivers when switching between cgminer and bfgminer. Do this by going into device manager and right click on the device --> uninstall. Make sure to check the box labeled "Delete the driver software for this device" to remove the device association with that driver.

Ok, I finally got them to both work on a Win 8.1 PC using cgminer and zadig drivers.  I really wanted to use bfgminer so I spent most of my time removing silabs drivers, rebooting, adding silabs drivers, rebooting, power cycling everything.... Rinse-and-Repeat (many many times)...  With no luck, so I completely removed silabs and re-installed zadig, power cycle, and they both are working together now. 

Maybe I'll play some more this weekend and see if I can get bfgminer working, I like that a little better.  bfgminer does work and recognize antminers with silabs drivers.
Maybe even tackle adding them to my Raspberry Pi.

Thanks for your help, maybe this will help others that have a similar issue.

-=Lon=-
Activity: 177
Merit: 10
Kewl.

Just wanted to make sure I was buying the right supplies.
legendary
dogiecoin.com
The link you gave the required  2.5mm 12V mains power adapter is actually a duplicate link the USB cable, FYI...

Fixed
Pages:
Jump to: