Pages:
Author

Topic: [Guide] Dogie's Comprehensive RockMiner R-Box Setup [HD] - page 7. (Read 59431 times)

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com
one more quick question, would a simple powered USB 4 port hub like this work ok ?

http://www.logitechshop.com.au/logitech-premium-4-port-usb-hub.html

thanks

Yep. But you might as well get a $5 hub, no need for one this expensive.
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
one more quick question, would a simple powered USB 4 port hub like this work ok ?

http://www.logitechshop.com.au/logitech-premium-4-port-usb-hub.html

thanks
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
Does anyone use openwrt router to run R-Box?
legendary
dogiecoin.com
hi guys, Im a rookie in the bitcoing mining but read through the whole thread which has been very insightful.

Quick question, do I have to run separate instance of cgminer application for each miner I have ? I have 3 of these rockminers on the way.

Also, how does the install process work from drivers point of view using zadig? Is there a separate one for each or just one driver and it recognizes all connected devices?

thanks in advance!

One driver once. Like if you had 3 of the same printer it would just be one driver. One cgminer, it will work it out.
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
hi guys, Im a rookie in the bitcoing mining but read through the whole thread which has been very insightful.

Quick question, do I have to run separate instance of cgminer application for each miner I have ? I have 3 of these rockminers on the way.

Also, how does the install process work from drivers point of view using zadig? Is there a separate one for each or just one driver and it recognizes all connected devices?

thanks in advance!
Activity: 17
Don't go blaming the imperial system on the British as if it was our fault. It was the best (only) system the world had at the time.

Hah...  I'm not blaming anything on the British! Well, not tonight, anyways (I'm 3/4 Irish, so I got lots of stuff to pick on them for)...  The Imperial System made the best out of the situation at the time...  And the UK started integrating metric in the 1960's, whereas I'm in Canada, and we didn't really start working on it until the mid-1970's.  Also the Brits in North America in the 1700-1800's were starting to use metric over here.  'murricans didn't like it much when the British were trying to teach them these new, better units that they learned from the French.  I'm blaming the US for shooting it down every time people push for metrication there.  When there's only three countries that exclusively use the wonky measurement system that someone developed back around the Norman Conquest, and it's still virtually unchanged a thousand years later...  The only real thing the 'murricans changed was the size of a pint.  They can't hang with Canadians, Irish or British like that...  They needed to lower the strength of the beer and take a 20 ounce pint and make their American pint only 16 ounces.

The biggest nation of drug users, and the main measurement system for drugs is also the metric system...  So they can manage to score a couple grams in a sack, and can figure that much out...  All they have to do is take another step and they're halfway to adopting it.  

I do gotta say though...  If they're really the "best country in the world", then how the hell is Liberia going through metrication before they do?

P.S. Thank you for this post, I really enjoy your mining threads to get a chance to see new equipment
legendary
dogiecoin.com
Don't go blaming the imperial system on the British as if it was our fault. It was the best (only) system the world had at the time.
Activity: 17
Out of curiosity, have you tried switching to 270? I almost feel like mine ran better at 270 than 290. I will test soon and report back, as well as just leaving it with the default clock.

edit: What does the 37.0C mean? I have 39.

RKM 0: 39.0C | 32.70/32.59/32.92Gh/s | A:381 R:1+0(.26%) HW:0/none

lol...  Thank you for making my evening, Captain America!  37.0C means the unit is running at 37.0 degrees celcius.  It's the temperature of the device at the current moment, provided conveniently in the metric temperature scale currently used by every single country in the world with the exception of the USA, the American Samoas, the US Virgin Islands (excluding Puerto Rico, where they also use celcius, and Guam, where the locals use celcius yet they also have to include Fahrenheit everywhere due to the large 'merican military/civilian presence there), along with Myanmar and Liberia.  Should note that Liberia has been in the process of changing everything over to the metric system for I think about 3 years now, and Myanmar announced beginning the process to switch last year, which means soon the USA will be the only one that still refuses to adopt the most accurate (and easiest to learn) system for measuring anything in the world. In celcius (C), water boils at 100C and freezes at 0C.  

It's what all the American doctors, pharmacists, astronauts, high detail or precision manufacturers, biologists, chemist, and even drug dealers use.  They can't break down a pack to be 28 perfectly even packages on a scale measuring ounces. Also I'd sound like a cunt asking someone if they've got 1/28th of an ounce of weed I can grab.  28 grams in an ounce. You can get gram scales that go to several decimals, even.  You can't break an ounce down into individual gram-sized decimals...  Can you imagine telling someone you need 0.035274 ounces of anything?  Also... pharmaceuticals are all in milligrams...  Beyond even possible to think about measuring that in ounces or pounds.  I always wondered why America won't let go of the old, confusing British method of measurement, especially during and after they fought a war against each other.

P.S. No hard feelings...  Just your post gave me a laugh.  I'm assuming you understand what the metric system is, and may or may not use it yourself, but probably thought the number was indicative to something else.  Some friends were watching hockey on TV a few months back, I arrived and I don't watch hockey.  Then, I noticed that a period is almost done and asked one of them how many periods there were, I thought maybe four.  To quote Georges St-Pierre, they were "not impressed".
legendary
dogiecoin.com
Hey guys,

I am currently using BFGMiner & the R-box with this command line:
bfgminer -o stratum+tcp://stratum.btcguild.com:3333 -u username -p 123 -S all --icarus-options 115200:1:1 --icarus-timing 3.0=100 -S rockminer:\\.\com5

I am currently getting roughly 32 GH/s. Is there any way to optimize the command line to increase the output? I don't know how to set the rmu frequency in BFGminer. I have a 48 watt power supply as well.

tldr, cgminer.
Activity: 2
Hey guys,

I am currently using BFGMiner & the R-box with this command line:
bfgminer -o stratum+tcp://stratum.btcguild.com:3333 -u username -p 123 -S all --icarus-options 115200:1:1 --icarus-timing 3.0=100 -S rockminer:\\.\com5

I am currently getting roughly 32 GH/s. Is there any way to optimize the command line to increase the output? I don't know how to set the rmu frequency in BFGminer. I have a 48 watt power supply as well.
legendary
dogiecoin.com
I need some advice. What means "No task request? Probably lost, resending task 0"? I suppose is about the connection with the pool but im not so sure. Im a newbie with bfgminer

Also, im using ghash.io but if some of u know a better pool would be good to know. Im using this one mostly because i have some GH there but...

Thanks in advance

I'm also a BFGminer, I personally have always used cgminer.

I use BTCGuild because its small enough that its not a problem, but big enough that its not a problem.
Activity: 355
Merit: 250
I need some advice. What means "No task request? Probably lost, resending task 0"? I suppose is about the connection with the pool but im not so sure. Im a newbie with bfgminer

Also, im using ghash.io but if some of u know a better pool would be good to know. Im using this one mostly because i have some GH there but...

Thanks in advance
legendary
Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032
Value will be measured in sats
No offense but this is a really useless "guide". All it says is to plug it in and run cgminer, with a bunch of unnecessary pictures.

What exactly do you want? "Lift your hand up, put your fingers together and grasp the cable, move arm holding the cable towards the miner"....

I think he wants a "troll" sticker  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
If you install the drivers for zeus, the drivers also gonna run in rbox. Then you only need to map the ports. In my case I installed the blizzard first and few days later the rbox.

Just don't install the zadigs drivers and anything will be fine.

All running smoothly!!! Yeah!  Cheesy Thanks again!!!
If you install the drivers for zeus, the drivers also gonna run in rbox. Then you only need to map the ports. In my case I installed the blizzard first and few days later the rbox.

perfect..will do it now
thanks a lot mate!
Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Doggie or someone who maybe have the experience... i got today one Zeus Blizzard to try it. It is possible to make it work in the same computer with the R-Box without problem? i dont want to make the test without getting some advice first  Smiley

I have the experience  Cheesy

You can run the rbox with bfgminer and the blizzard under cgminer, the only thing you need to do is mapping the ports properly with these strings , for rbox (bfgminer) -> -S rockminer:\\.\com* and for blizzard (cgminer) -> -S //./COM* , where * it's the number of port.

Got one small question...

I install for the CGMiner and Zeus the CP210xVCP. What should i install for the BFGMiner and RockMiner? It is not in the OP only this

**If you have previously installed drivers using Zadig as above, you will need to reverse this to use BFGMiner**.

I will do all this it in a new machine so i dont have it installed there... the CP210xVCP works also with the RockMiner?
Doggie or someone who maybe have the experience... i got today one Zeus Blizzard to try it. It is possible to make it work in the same computer with the R-Box without problem? i dont want to make the test without getting some advice first  Smiley

You can run the rbox with bfgminer and the blizzard under cgminer, the only thing you need to do is mapping the ports properly with these strings , for rbox (bfgminer) -> -S rockminer:\\.\com* and for blizzard (cgminer) -> -S //./COM* , where * it's the number of port.

Thanks!!!! Smiley will try it right now... lets see how it goes, im kind of a newbie in all this about port and funny drivers  Wink
Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Doggie or someone who maybe have the experience... i got today one Zeus Blizzard to try it. It is possible to make it work in the same computer with the R-Box without problem? i dont want to make the test without getting some advice first  Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: