Pages:
Author

Topic: [Guide] Dogie's Comprehensive RockMiner R-Box Setup [HD] - page 15. (Read 59431 times)

legendary
Activity: 4102
Merit: 7765
'The right to privacy matters'
nice clear guide good job as you normally do.  I will now try to see if I can get it to work.  thanks

working now and using a sea sonic 1200 watt platinum psu.  with some pcie adapters.

two of these with the high end psu use under 70 watts I am impressed.  also very quiet.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com
What are the dimensions of the heatsinks?

What specific bit, they're quite contoured and are definitely custom. I'd have to take on apart again.

I just need the outer dimensions in order to properly size a case for them, ala:  

The heatsinks will rest on the bottom "lip" of the support beams, so I just need to know how much room is required between the beams.

The fins are 89mm tips to tips while the bottom bracket is 86mm. The bracket is 4mm thick. http://imgur.com/JtoRu0B
Activity: 512
Merit: 250

What specific bit, they're quite contoured and are definitely custom. I'd have to take on apart again.

I just need the outer dimensions in order to properly size a case for them, ala:  

The heatsinks will rest on the bottom "lip" of the support beams, so I just need to know how much room is required between the beams.

legendary
dogiecoin.com

Activity: 512
Merit: 250
Activity: 918
Merit: 1002
Dogie,

Had to make a TRUST entry for you,

You are such an asset to the BTC community.

Thanks for all you do!
Thanks. As of Wednesday I'll be here full time, more planned.
+1 millionty
legendary
dogiecoin.com
Dogie,

Thanks for all you do!
Thanks. As of Wednesday I'll be here full time, more planned.
Activity: 854
Merit: 500
Dogie,

Thanks for all you do!

legendary
Activity: 1973
Merit: 1007
Guide says to use:
Code:
--anu-freq 270

This should be amended to:
Code:
--rmu-freq 270

You can see the freq in the top.  If you use AMU, nothing changes.

--anu-freq is correct, but Rockminer's 4.3.3 build has an issue with frequency settings. You'll need to either build it for yourself or use the version of cgminer included with my installer.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Guide says to use:
Code:
--anu-freq 270

This should be amended to:
Code:
--rmu-freq 270

You can see the freq in the top.  If you use AMU, nothing changes.
legendary
Having trouble getting these to work in Windows 7.  

I followed the direction at https://github.com/rockminerinc/cgminer-for-R-BOX/blob/master/handbook.md

When I plug them in, they're detected as a USB device, as expected.  I tried replacing the drivers with zadig_xp_2.1.0, zadig_v2.0.1.161, and zadig_v2.0.1.162.  Regardless which one I use, the drivers are installed, and they show up as USB devices, however, CGminer isn't finding them.  
Tried both the included cgminer win0.3.1 and cgminer 4.3.4.  
When I use the option "--rock-freq 270", I get the error, "Unrecognized option: --rock-freq 270".  I tried replacing that with "--anu-freq 270", and I don't get an error, but it still does not detect them.

I do note that Zadig detectes them as CP2102, not CP21202, as the guide suggests.  
I have previously used BFGminer on this machine with the appropriate drivers.

Update: Tried CrazyGuy's install - just sits there on "Started cgminer 4.3.3", and eventually starts with no devices.

Got it working.  No idea what was wrong, but I unplugged the USB cables, moved them over to two other ports, and reseated the power cables - started working.

Sometimes you need to re-plug in a device when installing Winusb after FTDI. Your best bet if switching to cgminer is to completely uninstall FTDI drivers in device manager.

I followed the direction at https://github.com/rockminerinc/cgminer-for-R-BOX/blob/master/handbook.md

When I plug them in, they're detected as a USB device, as expected.  I tried replacing the drivers with zadig_xp_2.1.0, zadig_v2.0.1.161, and zadig_v2.0.1.162.  Regardless which one I use, the drivers are installed, and they show up as USB devices, however, CGminer isn't finding them.  
When I use the option "--rock-freq 270", I get the error, "Unrecognized option: --rock-freq 270".  I tried replacing that with "--anu-freq 270", and I don't get an error, but it still does not detect them.

I do note that Zadig detectes them as CP2102, not CP21202, as the guide suggests.  

Update: Tried CrazyGuy's install - just sits there on "Started cgminer 4.3.3", and eventually starts with no devices.

Got it working.  No idea what was wrong, but I unplugged the USB cables, moved them over to two other ports, and reseated the power cables - started working.

legendary
I noticed that. The link only takes me to my mega account (or to the login screen if I'm not already logged in).

Sorry, link was truncated

https://mega.co.nz/#F!V8UlXSqQ!NMdAQ0ci0qQru98dF3ROHA

Fixed: http://goo.gl/zbDYjG

I don't talk about overclocking on these ones as the product is already at the part of the power curve where any higher power consumption makes it ridiculous. We should really talk about underclocking.

Officially, they support 270-290, which gives the range of 32gh/s to 37gh/s. I wouldn't recommend going over 290 clock rate but I think I read about someone underclocking to 200.
Activity: 165
Just mining my own business...
Got it. thanks!
legendary
dogiecoin.com
I noticed that. The link only takes me to my mega account (or to the login screen if I'm not already logged in).

https://mega.co.nz/#F!V8UlXSqQ!NMdAQ0ci0qQru98dF3ROHA

Fixed: http://goo.gl/zbDYjG

I don't talk about overclocking on these ones as the product is already at the part of the power curve where any higher power consumption makes it ridiculous. We should really talk about underclocking.
legendary

• Edit cg.cmd in notepad and enter pool information as below. Do NOT remove the additional strings (--icarus-options 115200:1:1 --anu-freq 270).

That part of the doc is inaccurate, the parameter used is anu-freq. For those of you using Rockminer's 4.3.3 windows build, you may also notice that it defaults to 270 no matter what setting you use. I've rebuilt the binary with the latest 4.3.3 code and that resolves the issue. If you're looking for an end to end simple installer for Windows, I have built one using the WIX toolset:

Windows Installer

Another great guide dogie!

Windows Installer

• Edit cg.cmd in notepad and enter pool information as below. Do NOT remove the additional strings (--icarus-options 115200:1:1 --anu-freq 270).

That part of the doc is inaccurate, the parameter used is anu-freq. For those of you using Rockminer's 4.3.3 windows build, you may also notice that it defaults to 270 no matter what setting you use. I've rebuilt the binary with the latest 4.3.3 code and that resolves the issue. If you're looking for an end to end simple installer for Windows, I have built one using the WIX toolset:

https://mega.co.nz/#fm/l8dWTbC

legendary

I assume the equivalent .conf entry for the frequency would be:
"anu-freq" : "270",

The Rock site (somewhere) had "--rock-freq 270" in an example.  Are you sure "anu" is correct? (I'll probably try both anyway but thought others might have the question as well).  You also might note that 290 is the 'advertised' max freq the vendor recommends.

Thanks!

Windows Installer

I assume the equivalent .conf entry for the frequency would be:
"anu-freq" : "270",

The Rock site (somewhere) had "--rock-freq 270" in an example.  Are you sure "anu" is correct? (I'll probably try both anyway but thought others might have the question as well).  You also might note that 290 is the 'advertised' max freq the vendor recommends.

Thanks!
Pages:
Jump to: